• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Mortal Instruments RP

Evan Pen

setting

This would take place soon after the final book in the main Mortal Instruments series, when the Shadowhunters are searching for 'worthy' mundanes to be turned into Shadowhunters; in this way, a person doesn't have to be all that familiar with the series to join in, given that their character would be new to the Shadow world as well. I'm a bit uncertain about where the Institute should be at this exact moment in time, though I'm inclined towards a location in Canada though none have been proven to exist there yet. I'm also not going to reference anything from canon beyond the events of the last book in the main series; this is our own interpretation of the events that would happen after.

characters

Characters would, predominantly, be Shadowhunters, both born into it and created from the Mortal Cup, but there should be a mix with mundanes, warlocks, vampire, werewolves and faeries, keeping in mind that not all character could or would be in the same place and all involved in everything at once, with racial divides making this even more the case.

plot

I don't have an amazing amount of plot currently worked out, but I'm certain that there would be conflict with the faeries based on the agreements laid out at the end of City of Heavenly Fire. In all honesty, I like to work out the majority of the plot as we go along or take it ideas from people who who are going to be RPing, to make this the best experience it can be for everyone involved. Not to mention that the actions of characters are so likely to influence the plot that a solid and immovable plot tends to frustrate me anyways, so flexibility will be the main thing.

So if anyone is interested~

PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME! I literally screamed when I saw the title, tmi is my life.

lmao, I just hope we get some more people; for once I want to do a group RP rather than a one on one.

I wouldn't go that far, but quiz me on Magnus Bane lines and I could probably give most people a run for their money :P

Hm... I'd we willing to go with just a couple other people, though I'm hoping we'll get some more interest

lmao, glad you came. I think we have enough people at this point that I'll start getting the RPnput together tonight.

Just for reference, I'd prefer everyone have at least one Shadowhunter, but I'm curious, what else would people want to play? (I'm partial to warlocks myself)

Are we alowed to have characters that are a mix?
Like Helen and Mark?

Helen and Mark, yes, but I'd stay away from a Tessa Gray situation (if people know what I'm talking about)

I'm going to try and put together character forms once I get on the computer tonight, but no guarantee-- I still have to get the RP information too, and some other stuff

Valid question that I need everyones input on before I write this up later: should this be a few months after the events of CoHF or should it be set now? CoHF ends in December 2007 so just to avoid us referencing things that have happened IRL since then, I personally thing that setting it in 2015 would almost make sense, seeing as the Faeries experience time differently so 8 years in waiting might not be too far out there to believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back