• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Monarch (apocalyptic RP)

Should I create a map?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheSpeck

Cognitohazard
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello, and welcome to Zombies Redefined. A lot of you might not be interested, but I reassure you that I put a lot of thought into this idea and will be able to answer any questions you have about the story. This RP will contain violence, though it will not be over the top. Now that I got that out of the way, let's get to the main idea.

The world has been taken over. Buildings are overgrown and abandoned, an odd type of vine spreading across walls and over buildings. The vines come from The Monarch, an organism built for dominance. It looks much like a plant, it's main body being what looks like a flowering bud, though this is completely wrong as The Monarch is carnivorous and accepts sacrifices to feed itself. It cannot preform photosynthesis and has blood and organs. The Monarch has a strange affect on people. It can speak to people telepathically, and it uses this ability to force people to obey it. More then 70% of the Earth's population is under The Monarchs control, and that percentage is rapidly growing as those under it's control are told to capture any others who aren't and bring them to it. There is little hope left for the survivors, and as they set off on an adventure they will face many challenges. Will they survive? If you are interested, please read the rest of the lore below:

The Monarch:

The Monarch is a plant like organism that causes those in contact with it to practically go insane. The Monarch was originally found deep in the Earth's crust after a team of explorers stumbled upon it in an attempt to reach the Earth's core. They found an ecosystem in a large cave, a very dangerous ecosystem. The Monarch had already taken over that ecosystem and was basically the 'queen' of all the organisms. The military was able to kill all other organisms in the cave, doing so since they posed a threat to humanity, except The Monarch. When the military tried to kill The Monarch bullets didn't work effectively, and before they could regroup with a new tactic The Monarch trapped the team with it's vines and tortured them until they eventually became it's first workers. After this happened the team of military experts rapidly spread up the process of domination by capturing people and bringing them to The Monarch. Eventually The Monarch spread outward, making it's way out of the cave and wreaking havoc on the surface.

How The Monarch controls others:

The Monarch can speak to people, and it uses this against people.

First it traps the person it wants to control in it's vines. The vines are thorny and will be embedded into the victim so they can't escape.

The thorns contain a venom that doesn't kill but causes severe exhaustion and pain.

It keeps the victim awake until they eventually succumb to it's will.

It tells them to do what it wants, constantly speaking and overwhelming the victim.

It continues this process until the victim breaks and can't handle it anymore.
It stops hurting the victim and convinces them that it saved them, and that it is their ruler.

The victim listens to it and is punished if they don't. Eventually The Monarch can cause people to completely forget about loved ones and morals so they will do anything without hesitation.

How to cure a character:

This takes a while, but the first thing you need to do is remove the vines attached to them. This will eliminate the punishment for not listening to The Monarch. Second you will need to have the character taken away from The Monarch and prevented from going back. Exposing them to things they used to do or even just being friends with them can bring them back. They usually require a lot of sleep to recover physically and mentally. Recovery can take from a week up to 3-5 months depending on how strong a person is.

(Someone who already had experience with trauma and/or torture is considered strong.)

The threats to the survivors are those under the control of The Monarch. Any other lore you may want to add can be posted also.

Note: guns are scarce due to The Monarch taking most of them. Guns are also not the best weapon, as they make a lot of noise and draw a lot of attention.
Rules for the RP:

You can play a good character and a bad character, but I suggest if you play a bad character to also create a good one to be more involved.

This RP will have combat rules.

1. Player vs. NPC: you may one shot any NPCs but I encourage realism, so your character may get hurt.

2. Player Vs. Player: do not one shot any antagonists another player creates. If about to give a fatal blow allow dodging by making the attack an attempt and not a definite blow. Only auto hit shots that will not cripple the other players character. If you are being attacked do not dodge every shot they try to take, this will create a sense of imbalance and cause one character to be over powered.

If a player is being unfair in a fight scene, the other player who is having trouble is allowed to void a scene with a valid argument. (Ex: the antagonist one shots the protagonist without allowing the protagonist to dodge. The player playing the protagonist may then argue in the ooc that this scene should be changed or completely voided since there was no permission to kill the protagonist.)

Please be Semi-lit to Lit. I really don't care how good you are at writing as long as your story is interesting and you are ok at grammar and spelling.

This will be multiparagraph, please try to write two paragraphs per post at the least.

This is a free for all RP but will be based around the group of survivors trying to destroy The Monarch.

That's all! If you want me to create a map of the city you can vote in the poll above!

Honestly I hope people are interested but I wouldn't be surprised if no one responded to this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back