• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Mirror of Galora

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Zeryn's hands are clasped behind his back and he's slowly surveying his surroundings.

He projects an appearance of enlightened disinterest, but is actually just bored.

Nothing here really interests him, he'd rather be reading or discussing an intellectual matter, but instead he had to deal with these dull earthly affairs.

Hopefully this trip wouldn't be a total waste. If they could find paying work at the very least they'd have more cash to work with.

"We're better off together, it's too easy to get lost in a new city. Does this place have a library or some other repository of knowledge?"

(Silver,Could I look for two fist sized stones nearby?)
You're inside a mountain. There are plenty of varying sized stones for you to choose from just about anywhere you look. You choose your two favorite stones. They are of decent weight and just right to fit in your hand. You now own two stones. (I enjoyed writing this and found it very humorous. Thank you)

"We're better off together, it's too easy to get lost in a new city. Does this place have a library or some other repository of knowledge?"
The dwarf had just stepped on the platform again, hand on the lever, when Zeryn spoke, "Aye, there is a library. I'm not sure how much use someone of yer... caliber.. would find in it, but there's eh few mages and such around the city who would find glee in sharing their texts with ye."

Showoff!

As the word reached the Owlin's mind, he loses his aerial prowess for a moment. For a moment, he's some place else. For a moment he's back at the school.
For a moment, he thinks that it was some one else shouting at him.
For a moment.

Catching himself with another big flap of his jet black wings, the rogue fly's on, his clawed hand slowly closing around the semi-destroyed tiger lily hidden in the folds of his body wrap.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Managing to make it all the way to the Inn, Xack swoops in and perches on the roof top, making sure to find a spot with a flat surface of some kind. He appeared more serious right now, the feathers on his face slightly twitching to the white side as he removed the sack he's taken from the super trustworthy and friendly dark robed magic people. Placing the sack on the flat piece of roof, he did a quick check to see if anything in the sack was magical ( Silverwings Silverwings , can has Arcana roll plz?).

The magical inclined rogue Owlin did this by moving about ten feet away and casting his own version of Mage Hand on the sack, opening it up and removing the contents.
Yes, this did seem a little extreme, and yes, Xack was pretty paranoid these days, but he was in war mode. There was some thing or someone or someones destroying these places. This wasn't natural. They destroyed his home and made all his people go away. So he would have to survive to make them go away.

There was no way he was going to bring this to the others and have it explode in poisonous gas or summon a demon or whatever else could happen. Sure, Zeryn or Gilly could maybe help out, though it would never out weight the guilt he'd feel if they got hurt by his callous actions. The hurt was all his. Till it was done.

Last edited:
"We'll meet up at the Inn." Gilly gave hir soft assent. So many sounds, smells, and sights awaited the mouseling in the new city, the wooshing of owl feathers very briefly sending a jolt of adrenalin through Gilly's chest, though the sight of hir friend swooping seemingly effortlessly swept that aside. looking at the rest of hir companions, Gilly decided on following the centaur and the elf in the direction of the stables. if they weren't to hir liking, hir could pay for a room, the gold from the music competition hir had won still mostly intact, tucked away in pockets and seams. but who knew if the stables in the bigger cities would have the same clean hay as that of all the little farm towns? (Was this even a big city? it looked very big. but most things did for a mouse who only came in at just shy of three feet.)

Moving to stand by the horse, the mouse looked up at Vael, adjusting the straps on hir bag. "Mind if I follow you?" Hir asked with a little smile, before producing the face-shaped and likley magical stone that Echo had made and given hir to pass along. "From Echo, by the way."

Last edited:
WikkitJikkit WikkitJikkit You look into the bag and pull out the glass ball and find it to be mundane. You pull out the folded parchment and open it, finding nothing on it and no magical properties to it. When you pull out the glasses you feel a strange arcane power to them. You decide to place them on your face, fitting them the best you can. As you look around, you see ribbons of soft blue mist traveling along the walls of the city cavern. You do not see where they lead but make the connection that all these trails lead somewhere potentially interesting.

You're inside a mountain. There are plenty of varying sized stones for you to choose from just about anywhere you look. You choose your two favorite stones. They are of decent weight and just right to fit in your hand. You now own two stones. (I enjoyed writing this and found it very humorous. Thank you)
(Thought you might like that)
With his two new friends in hand, Echo raised them to the visor of his suit. With a small clang, the visor flipped open and Echo's hands appeared from within. Focusing for a moment, the surface of the stones began to run and melt like hot wax. Reforming and solidifying into a visage of Echo's face with his mouth open as if locked in a shout. Satisfied with his work, the fairy flipped the visor closed and glanced around. Catching Gilly before she caught up with Vael and Buhak, he held out the stone face, "Could you give this to Vael for me? She will know what to do with it" He passed the stone to the small mousefolk, " See you at the inn. Can't wait to hear the new song. Without a visible face, Echo hoped a wink came through with his tone.

(Echo used his artificer infusion, Replecate magic item: Sending Stones)

After a pleasant walk across the meadow with Zeryn they made it to the Inn. Echo stepped onto the porch and walked into the main hall of the Inn. (Alright Silver, what am I lookin at?)

(Alright Silver, what am I lookin at?)
As you and Zeryn enter the inn, you are greeted with a mostly empty dining room, several tables fill the room, a bar counter sits to the right of the entrance. A disinterested woman sits at the counter, cleaning glasses and humming a short tune. You smell a roast being cooked somewhere and feel your stomachs growl with anticipation. Whatever food they have may fill your appetite as well as any bed may give you good rest. You see the stairs to where you assume the rooms are in the back of the room near a large fireplace.

You assume that your only way to get food and board is through speaking to the dwarven woman.

Doing that 180* head tilt he seemed to accomplish while deep in thought, Xack eyed where these mystical threads appeared to go towards. " Not the biggest fan of the blue. . ." he murmured, realizing he'd slowly moved towards the edge of the roof top, as if almost in a trance. Though stopping just out of sight of the walkway. He heard the familiar sound of that living armor inhabited by the fairy; it wasn't the most normal metallic sound, but it was distinct if you made it to be so.

Blast, how long did I have these damn things on?!

Snapping the glasses off and placing them within his body wrap, he gathered up the rest of the bag's contents and moved to the side of the building. Jumping off and gliding down to the ground, he moved to one of the side doors of the Inn, suddenly pausing.

You could just go, you know? They don't have to be put in danger, they don't have to put up with your recklessness. . .

Xack found himself clutching the broken, burnt, damaged tiger lily talisman, shaking faintly before glancing over to where all the spiritual lines had lead towards. Then he gave his head a shake, sighing and slipping into the door on the side of the Inn.
(Sorry Silverwings Silverwings , Could Xack enter a side door? Not even certain there is one of those on the building ^^; )

Vael reached up and carefully removed their hood, moving it back from around their horns to reveal their long braided dark green hair with a clearer view of the their two dark colored winding horns that wound towards the back of their head, and elven long pointed ears below the horns. Vael when travelling always bound their hair so it would not be in the way in case combat should occur. Their trainers always told them to keep their hair short, but Vael always liked their hair long and just took extra precautions to keep it out of their way when travelling or preparing for combat. When travelling alone in Feywild in their solemn and serious winter form, they did cut their hair short, but since changing to their spring form, their hair had grown back quickly, much to their found joy with it.

Vael then proceeded to start to lead Asta towards the stables when heard the tiny Gilly call to them. Vael stopped, turned and knelt to respond to the mousling and speak with them on their level. Vael smiled a brilliant smile, like the sun coming out behind the clouds on a spring day, her face seemed to glow in a way with the smile, their angled pupiless golden eyes marvelling at the small black and white furry creature's features and the spark of intelligence deep in the small furry being's eyes.

"Of course Gilly, I am happy for the company! Asta is too."

Asta made a whinny in response that could only be interpreted as 'Sure as long as I get something to eat soon'

Gilly then offered the sending stone from Echo. Vael reached out with a long fingered gauntleted hand with a knowing giggle, letting Gilly place the stone in their palm.

"Thank you, Echo likes to keep tabs on us." They looked around at the mountain and city before looking back at Gilly. "This is a very strange place, with unusual noise and earth, so perhaps his concern is welcome."

Vael took the stone, placed it in their belt pouch, stood back up, and proceeded to lead Asta on to the stables, although making sure mind their pace so Gilly could easily keep up.

Vael looked over and down towards Gilly and asked as they moved along.

"Gilly, do you know anything about the dwarves or of this city? Are there any customs we should be aware of or things we should do to be polite and mind our manners with them? I will admit I know close to nothing about Dwarves or this place."

EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1

As you and Zeryn enter the inn, you are greeted with a mostly empty dining room, several tables fill the room, a bar counter sits to the right of the entrance. A disinterested woman sits at the counter, cleaning glasses and humming a short tune. You smell a roast being cooked somewhere and feel your stomachs growl with anticipation. Whatever food they have may fill your appetite as well as any bed may give you good rest. You see the stairs to where you assume the rooms are in the back of the room near a large fireplace.

You assume that your only way to get food and board is through speaking to the dwarven woman.
Echo slowly scanned the interior of the Inn,his head swiveling slowly as he took all the sights and sounds. The smell of cooking meats flooded the interior chamber of his suit, causing his mouth to water. The field rations he had been snacking on were not sticking with him very long and he could already feel the void growing in his stomach. He strode to the bar where a dwarven woman is absentmindedly wiping the wooden surface down with a rag. Echo cleared his throat, the suit making it sound like someone coughing in a tin can.
"Um, excuse me. I have some friends coming in. How much would it be for a pitcher of ale and some Tapas for a table for..." He did a quick count in his head, "five people?"

Echo slowly scanned the interior of the Inn,his head swiveling slowly as he took all the sights and sounds. The smell of cooking meats flooded the interior chamber of his suit, causing his mouth to water. The field rations he had been snacking on were not sticking with him very long and he could already feel the void growing in his stomach. He strode to the bar where a dwarven woman is absentmindedly wiping the wooden surface down with a rag. Echo cleared his throat, the suit making it sound like someone coughing in a tin can.
"Um, excuse me. I have some friends coming in. How much would it be for a pitcher of ale and some Tapas for a table for..." He did a quick count in his head, "five people?"
The dwarven woman looked up, "Tapas? Sorry lad, we havent any tapas, but I can make you a nice plate of roast and a great pot of stew for you and your friends. It'll be 10 gold for it all. Will you be needing rooms as well?"

She placed her cloth down, turning for a pitcher, "I have a few large rooms if you'd rather share a room but it may be a little difficult to get your suit up there. A bit narrow. But we have a room you can store it in so it isn't tampered with."

Echo stared back with no expression. "That sounds great!" he said after a few seconds of silence, I don't believe that would be a problem for my party" (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). Echo nodded, "Oh yea. Rooms as well. I think we have..." he thought for a moment, trying to remember what transpired when they got off the elevator, "We have a horse needing a stall in the stables, can we add that as well? Other than that, I would say 5 rooms".

Once the night was taken care of, Echo now needed to address the issue, "The stairs?" He asked, looking around the room for the stairway in question, "I ,uh...Don't like to take it off...but if it is the only way....". He glanced around again, wishing Vael would just show up. They were much better at convincing people. Echo wasn't even sure if Vael could help with the size limitations of a stairway but he would feel better. They were his emotional support Eladrin. "Can I at least wait until I am about to turn in for the night?"

Echo stared back with no expression. "That sounds great!" he said after a few seconds of silence, I don't believe that would be a problem for my party" (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). Echo nodded, "Oh yea. Rooms as well. I think we have..." he thought for a moment, trying to remember what transpired when they got off the elevator, "We have a horse needing a stall in the stables, can we add that as well? Other than that, I would say 5 rooms".

Once the night was taken care of, Echo now needed to address the issue, "The stairs?" He asked, looking around the room for the stairway in question, "I ,uh...Don't like to take it off...but if it is the only way....". He glanced around again, wishing Vael would just show up. They were much better at convincing people. Echo wasn't even sure if Vael could help with the size limitations of a stairway but he would feel better. They were his emotional support Eladrin. "Can I at least wait until I am about to turn in for the night?"
"Oh certainly, the storage room is behind you and to the right" the dwarven woman said with a smile, pointing toward a large open doorway, "Use it whenever you need. Its 30 gold for the rooms and the stall is included."

Eonivar Eonivar
Gilly pulled down hir own hood in an unthinking mimicry of Vael, wiggling hir ears slightly as hir hearing began to adjust, placing the stone in the elf's gloved hands, before resting one of hir own gently on the side of the horse, petting asta's coat.

"New, louder, but hopefully not bad." Hir chorused their sentiment as the pair began to walk in the direction of the stables, Gilly conscious of how Vael had slowed themselves for hir, speeding hirself up to hopefully find a better middle ground. hir was not and had never been as fast as the others in the group (it made sense, with a Movement speed of 25, not that hir was aware.)

Tilting hir head up to listen to hir tall freind's query, and then tilting it to the side to ponder, the mousefolk gave a contemplative squeak. "Now, I've never been here before. I dont know dwarvish outside of a few songs, and I haven't met any dwarves before either. but according to common sense and books, well...

( Silverwings Silverwings , can i roll a history check to try and see if there are any faux pau we should avoid, and any significant traditions in terms of greeting that we'd know?)

"I do know that they arent the most... flashy types, in terms of magic use. if steel can do the job, why bother with a spell? they are heavy drinkers, it's a social thing, but dwarves are more the 'close bond' type as opposed to the very social kind." the mouse mused, hir nose wrinkling just a little as hir tried to remember all the useful details.

"eating are important times, but people mostly stay within their circles. I dont know how much luck i'll be able to have with earning funds, and the flashier tricks wont be there for a bonus, but if people are drunk enough..."Gilly preferred to keep a level head, and hir was a terrible lightweight. it was a good thing that Xack had been there the first (and hopefuly last) time hir got intoxicated. it.... was not a pretty sight, to say the least.

"Oh! And there are all sorts of interesting stories, about a great magic that grants wishes, of machines that can achieve all that magic can! and forge songs! percussive and rhythmic, and very different from my lute! I've tried to dabble in it!"

Last edited:
Eonivar Eonivar
Gilly pulled down hir own hood in an unthinking mimicry of Vael, wiggling hir ears slightly as hir hearing began to adjust, placing the stone in the elf's gloved hands, before resting one of hir own gently on the side of the horse, petting asta's coat.

"New, louder, but hopefully not bad." Hir chorused their sentiment as the pair began to walk in the direction of the stables, Gilly conscious of how Vael had slowed themselves for hir, speeding hirself up to hopefully find a better middle ground. hir was not and had never been as fast as the others in the group (it made sense, with a Movement speed of 25, not that hir was aware.)

Tilting hir head up to listen to hir tall freind's query, and then tilting it to the side to ponder, the mousefolk gave a contemplative squeak. "Now, I've never been here before. I dont know dwarvish outside of a few songs, and I haven't met any dwarves before either. but according to common sense and books, well...

( Silverwings Silverwings , can i roll a history check to try and see if there are any faux pau we should avoid, and any significant traditions in terms of greeting that we'd know?)
(Yes, go ahead and roll a history check.)

"Oh certainly, the storage room is behind you and to the right" the dwarven woman said with a smile, pointing toward a large open doorway, "Use it whenever you need. Its 30 gold for the rooms and the stall is included."
Echo glanced over his shoulder and spotted the large archway that the innkeeper pointed to. Oh! So that doorway is wide enough? He thought, a little annoyed. Even so, he retrieved 45 gold from within a compartment in his suit and handed it over, "Thank you so much..." he trailed off, "I never got your name, my apologies..."

After the pleasantries, Echo made is way to a large wood and brass table set aside from the long tables and benches seats that bisected the room. He sat down with his back to the wall to wait for the rest of his party. He was hoping their food would come out around the same time they all arrived.

((Two things Silverwings Silverwings : 1] Can I see the dread staircase from the table Echo is sitting at? (Middle of the room, left of the front door)
2] Can I perceptify for sketchy folks or shady happenings in the room?))

((Two things Silverwings Silverwings : 1] Can I see the dread staircase from the table Echo is sitting at? (Middle of the room, left of the front door)
(1, staircase inside can be seen from anywhere in the dining room, but only the dining room.
2, you absolutely may))

(So should i BS something,)
(Sorry I didn't see your roll until just now)

It is common knowledge to anyone with some historical knowledge, that the Dwarven culture sees magic as little value. Most spell casters are ridiculed as "high society" or folks who view themselves on a higher pedestal. While they won't bat an eye at its use, a skilled magic user may not be as celebrated as they might like with dwarves. Dwarves value hard work, strength, and are known for their handiwork. The city of Drummskagr was one of the first to be established in the country and has a rich history of its advanced machinery as, here, the artificing skill was honed from a magic found deep within the caverns, or so legend says. This magic is rumored to grant one wish to whoever finds it. The few who asked for skills in creating new inventions found themselves passing down and spreading their knowledge allowing for artificers to come from just about anywhere.

Dwarves usually have meaty meals, but enjoy their greens as well. You'll likely never see them eat a different food found outside the city, when hearty options are available. They prefer their ale and it is cheaper, in many Taverns in Druumskagr than anywhere else in the country. However, your liveliness to find other drinks, like wine or mead, may be a little more difficult.

Dwarves aren't very social, and tend to talk only to those closest to them. Circles are kept tight knit and outsiders may not have an easy time.makimg friends with a dwarf. Dwarfs usually will form a steong bond with those they can share their strengths with, whether it be in battle or in labors.

Echo glanced over his shoulder and spotted the large archway that the innkeeper pointed to. Oh! So that doorway is wide enough? He thought, a little annoyed. Even so, he retrieved 45 gold from within a compartment in his suit and handed it over, "Thank you so much..." he trailed off, "I never got your name, my apologies..."

After the pleasantries, Echo made is way to a large wood and brass table set aside from the long tables and benches seats that bisected the room. He sat down with his back to the wall to wait for the rest of his party. He was hoping their food would come out around the same time they all arrived.

There is only two others in the dinning room. A dwarf and the other cloaked and facing away from you. You don't sense any mishappenings from the cloaked person but you still feel a little on edge.

Vael listened to the Mouseling speak of dwarves as they walked to the stables. Once there, Vael spoke to the staff there and arranged a place for Asta to stay as well as food for the horse, and things to tend the horse. After arriving in their assigned stall, Vael removed Asta's barding and saddle and proceeded to comb and wash the horse while the horse eagerly and happily ate. Vael spoke while doing so.

"It sounds like they appreciate hard work. I can respect that. I am not gifted in magic or with great intelligence, my power comes from faith, my body, and my way with others, I had to work hard to earn the right to become a Knight and a Paladin of the Goddess. We will probably have to prove ourselves to them which is perfectly fine with me. I am confident we can do so." Vael grinned down at Gilly. "Particularly with those on our side who have keen knowledge of their ways. Thank you Gilly, it pleases me that I get to travel with someone so very knowledgeable about the world."

Vael finished cleaning their horse and then sent Asta out to graze and relax. Vael then gathered their things back up with their saddle bags over one shoulder and proceeded to lead Gilly on to the Inn itself.

Vael stepped in, opening the door for Gilly, and proceeded to look around.

With unseen eyes, Echo watched the other patrons in the main hall of the Inn from his seat at their table. There were only two other customers in the hall and neither was paying him any attention. The figure in the dark cloak was putting on an air of menace that Echo hoped was just his anxious imagination.

Movement from the front entrance caught his eye. Stepping in from the glare outside was his two companions, Vael and Gilly. Echo waved to get their attention and motioned for them to come over. "Hey! You didn't get lost." He said cheerfully , "I take it that the stables were up to Asta's standards?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back