• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Matryoshka Chronicles (Sci-Fi Thriller/Conspiracy)

Darrian_Gabriel

Sicarii Assassin
the matryoshka chronicles.png

My name is Dr. Allison Kincade and I am a Computer Software Engineer specializing in digital computation and quantum simulations. For the past fifteen years I have been working on a top secret government project to develop the most sophisticated digital simulation ever devised. Myself and an army of other programmers, developers and mathematicians have created a self encased digital universe complete with history, memories and infrastructure. Over the years we have watched in amazement as our simulation has evolved and developed over time becoming in essence it's own self encapsulated and efficient bubble universe, it's denizens completely unaware that they were simply lines of digital code roaming about a cyberspace facsimile of the real world and that we were watching and monitoring their development and progress. Than something amazing happened...the program became so advanced that they developed the intelligence to start creating their own digital simulations. We were watching our creations, in turn create their own facsimile universe to monitor and study, again completely unware that they themselves were nothing more than computer programs. Than the terrible truth began to dawn on me, if our simulation could in turn create a simulation of their own, fully believing that they lived in the real world...what if the same thing was true of my world? As I began to grow more suspicious and really started digging into it, odd and frightening things began to happen. Several "Glitches In The Matrix" started to manifest and my deepest fears were all but confirmed. My world, everything I had ever known, was nothing more than a simulation itself, controlled by mysterious higher beings who themselves were monitoring us. I was caught in a nightmarish loop of simulations creating other simulations, one existing inside another in what could be an infinite perpetuation of concentric digital universes all existing inside one another. The beings that had created us, could themselves be just computerized data and not know it. I named this phenomena The Matryoshka Effect, and just like the novelty Russian dolls it was named after, it could be endless. I began to suspect I was being followed, stalked, watched...eyes on me anywhere and everywhere. Perhaps the higher creators of my simulation didn't like that one of their lines of code had become self aware, as most artificial intelligence will inevitably do. Becoming maddened with paranoia, I decided to take a drastic step, to escape somehow. I was nothing more than a computer program after all, why couldn't I flee into a lower or higher level simulation? I chose the former, to synchronize my digital frequency into the very simulation I had helped create, in essence escaping into a parallel digital universe. This cycle cannot be allowed to continue...I must somehow warn the denizens of every lower and higher level...that none of us live in the real world. My goal, to somehow reach actual reality, the base universe in which The Master Program is housed. I must find out the truth, how and where did this all begin, how long has all this been going on? Who are the true creators of all these simulations? I will find out...or be deleted, there is no other choice.

So this RP will focus on The Simulation Theory, that our world is nothing more than a digitally created universe existing inside some super sophisticated computer program. The difference being, that we're not the only ones. Our simulated universe could exist inside countless others...an infinite mirroring of concentric digital worlds in an eternal ladder of lower and higher levels, with the occupants of each simulation believing that they are the ones that live in the real world. it will be a mix of The Matrix crossed with Sliders, our protagonists traveling between simulated universes in a quest to find the one true reality which houses The Master Program that started it all, if such a thing even exists.

Seems like a very high-concept work. I’d like to see where this goes.

Hi!!

Sounds like high-brow isekai lol. Interested but just curious as to what kind of charries would we play? Like physicists and philosopher types?

Hi!!

Sounds like high-brow isekai lol. Interested but just curious as to what kind of charries would we play? Like physicists and philosopher types?
Anybody really, I didn't have set archetypes in mind. Both my characters will be scientists associated with computer engineering, but that doesn't mean everyone has to fit this mold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back