• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Marriage. Private with Kingsley

Snow looked back outside and said “As soon as you’re ready. It’s still raining but we should be fine. I know this city like the back of my hand.”

“Okay I’ll go get ready and we’ll go.” I don’t know why but I quickly kiss your cheek before walking towards the stairs. I go upstairs to my bedroom and I begin picking out some clothes. As I was picking out some clothes I took my clothes off leaving me in just my undergarments. I realize I should probably take a shower. “Snow do we have towels? I want to take a shower.” I call down to you.

Snow called up to her and said “Yeah. Everything you need should be in the bathroom up there!” The bathrooms were always well stocked here just in case the cabin was inhabited for a while. Of course, now that Snow had set up a permanent residence the bathroom would have to be restocked every now and then but for now they had everything they needed to stay clean.

I walk to the bathroom and I see a bunch of different products in the shower along with some towels and cloths. I strip down completely and I turn the shower on. I wait for it to warm up before I slip into the shower and I stand under the warm water. I take a look at the different products and I didn’t recognize any of the labels. I had been using the same products for years now and it was usually 50 dollars a bottle for just shampoo. These brands seemed a little cheap but I guess I’d give them a try. I took about 45 minutes in the shower and when I was done I got out wrapping a towel around myself. I look at myself in the mirror and I open the mirror in the bathroom. I don’t see any sort of facial products and I just sigh.

I go into my room quickly getting dressed and going back to the bathroom to brush my hair. I didn’t have a blow dryer either so I guess I’d have to let it air dry. I come back downstairs all dressed and ready. “Are we going somewhere I can buy facial products? My face needs to be moisturised and I don’t have any of my facial products from home. Oh and I need to hair dryer and some other hair products.” I sigh thinking about everything I need. “I also need to get a card so I can order things online.”

Snow chuckled and said “Let’s go get groceries first and then we’ll see what else we can get.” Personally he liked her look currently. Her hair was still wet but she had that freshly clean glow about her. He then remembered he had a hair dryer in one of the boxes he hadn’t unpacked yet and told her about it before they left

(I don’t know if you listen to country music or not but there’s this song called lady and I don’t know why but it made me think of their relationship and their future)

I was glad to hear that you had a hair dryer because I didn’t like letting my hair air dry it felt like it took forever. I was hoping I could spare some money to get some moisturiser for my skin and still have money until I could get a job. I was dreading doing that because I’ve never had to get a job in my life. I didn’t know how to work. I walked out of the house with you and I climb into the car. “How am I suppose to get a job?” I asked you once we got in the car.

(I haven’t heard it I don’t think but I do listen to a lot of country music. I’ll have to look it up)

Snow climbed in on his side and said “We’ll go see if anyone is hiring. Jobs will usually train you how to do the job you get hired for. I do know the library is hiring and a few other places. Nothing should be too hard for you to learn how to do here.” He started the truck and drove towards town

(It’s okay)

I listen to you mention how getting a job would work and I was a little nervous to try it. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to do the job properly and I’d get fired for not doing it correctly. “I think I could do the library job. It doesn’t seem like it would be that hard to work with books.”

Snow smiled and said “I think you could. I know the people who work up there pretty well. They’ll teach you everything they can. Ultimately I think it’s up to you to discover your best work method up there though.”

“Where are you going to be working?” I asked curiously because I don’t think I’ve heard you mention anything about where you’d be working and I was wondering if we could work at the same place. If you could show me what to do I could do better.

Snow smiled and said “I’ll be one of the chief editors at the publishing company right next to the library. So I’ll be close enough to where if you need me I can come over.”

“That sounds really cool. So you like to write?” I asked you being interested in this conversation now because if you were a publisher that meant you were into writing and I wondered what you wrote about if you did.

“I love writing. I always have. I have two books currently ready to be published actually. Supposed to be published within the next few weeks”

Now I was even more interested and I was sitting up in my seat smiling at you. “Can I read them? Can I be the first one? Or have other people already read them?” I grab your hand softly and I play with your fingers. “What are they about?”

Snow told her as they drove, “The first book revolves around a core group called the Keepers. Based in Louisiana and then Kansas, they keep the world running after the fall of the United States in 2025. The second is a contemporary fantasy book about the world if it had mythological creatures living alongside the human race and being a part of our society. “

I listen closely as you explained what the books were about and I enjoyed the soft touch of your hand in mine. “Those sound really good and I’d love to read them. Do you have covers for the books drawn? I’d love to see what you’re thinking for the covers. I could help if you need it.” I didn’t draw often but I would say I could draw okay. Most of my drawings were outfits that I wanted to show my mother but she never wanted to listen.

“The first cover has been done for a while now. And yes you can read them. And if you’d like to help me choose between three covers for the second book that’d be great.” Snow was happy that she was so intrigued by the two stories. She was definitely helping him make up his mind about her.

“I’m so excited!” I exclaim because I really was excited to read the books you had written. Of course I wasn’t the biggest book reader but they were your stories and I wanted to be involved in the things you did. Maybe I would really like the stories and start reading some more. “We can look at the covers when we get back and I’ll help you pick.”

Snow smiled and said “Sounds like a plan.” as they pulled into the grocery store parking lot. He got out and went to open her door for her. He was so, so happy that she wanted to read the books and help with the second one.

I climb out of the car and I playfully bow in front of you giggling. “Thank you kind sir.” I say teasingly and I walk towards the grocery store with a little hop in my step. I was feeling genuinely happy for the first time in a while and I think the last time I’ve felt this happy was meeting the otters for the first time. All of the money and gifts from my parents have just been a temporary source of happiness.

Snow smiled and said “You’re welcome my lady.” He walked beside her up to the store and opened the door for her again and said “After you city girl.” with a grin

I playfully roll my eyes when you call me city girl again and I step into the grocery store. I look around the store and I don’t know when’s the last time I’ve been in a grocery store. I think my nanny took me with her once when I was little but I don’t remember much. “What do we do first?” I asked you curiously.

Snow grabbed a buggy and said “Boxed stuff, then fruits and veggies, then cold stuff.” He had been to the grocery store many, many times so he had it down to a science. He pulled a list out of his pocket and looked at it for a moment and said “Looks like pancake mix is first on the list.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back