• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Man Of The Mountain (Space and Polka)

Polka

With: TheSpaceInBetween TheSpaceInBetween
Feeling: Enlightened

Marie listened carefully to his words.
A Fae?
He said it in such a calm manner, as if her were asking for a glass of water.

Now Marie had always thought of herself as an accepting person; but even she had to admit this was weird.
If it hadn't been for the magical proof he had show her, she probably would have thought him crazy. A guardian of the forest- it was like some kin of fairy tale.
However, through his words, there was a sense of pain and he clearly felt rather dejected by the town around his wonderful woodland home.

Marie smiled and continued to listen, he spoke about losing wives and friends through his eternal life- which must have been difficult.
Granpa Eric( Marie's recently deceased Pops) had meant everything to her -and losing him had truly wrecked her life. Especially since the man she was engaged to left her through the grieving period. It is true what they say, you never really know a person till you let them in...

' If it any consolation, even when you live a short life, love never seems to last... Well unless it is a dog but even then that is only a fraction of a human life!' she laughed, forcing back the tears that she could feel bubbling within her. It would have been downright selfish to cry on this new friend of hers- even if life had been pretty crappy to her recently.

021543-B4-A671-4-A85-B8-DF-B86-F2-D214031.png

47820-C23-E3-A9-42-FE-B6-EF-A4416002-E949.gif

With Polka Polka , Feeling: Sympatheic, Location: Marie’s Home

At least Marie was taking this well, Arturo remember people running away or throwing things at him in disbelief, or even a barrage of questions. But Marie was rather calm about this.

“ Love always lasts, sure the people I held close to me are long gone. But the heart heals. Eventually.” He smiled sensing that she was a bit sore on the subject. He showed her one of the rings on his fingers, a thick metal strip with small holes and an amber stone wedge into it. “ this was Amelia’s ring. She made it herself and made me promise to wear it whenever she was away from me”

The photo was yellowing in discolouration, the edges curling and worn from frequent looking at it. But the image itself was of Arturo still with the same unageing appearance except with longer hair and a more tribal appearance compared to his more modern clothing now. Next to him was a woman in period clothing wearing an Aviation helmet.

“ not sure what I was thinking with that long hair but that’s Amelia, a year after we married. She decided to stay after getting lost on an expedition, she was amazed by aviation but wanted to do one big thing before she stayed with me. She claimed that she would be the first woman to fly across the Atlantic I think it was. But she faked her own death and stayed with me, sending someone else on her journey for her.” He explained at her turned the ring around to show the initials on his ring of Amelia Earhart. “ she got older and of course I couldn’t extend her life past what I’m allowed to she passed away and now her soul is in the forest as well as a tree near my home”

Feeling: Heartbroken

In pure disbelief, Marie stepped forward and inspected the ring.
The Amelia Earhart?
Well this man had lead a really amazing life by the sounds of it. looking over the tribal attire from the old photograph, Marie was amazed at the magic that coursed through this man.

However, Marie could not believe that love was for everyone..perhaps just the incredibly lucky got to have what Arturo had.
' I never got that happy ending- but i do have a ring, though it is nowhere near as beautiful and sentimental as the one you have! I just keep it out of spite really, so he can't give it to his new wife to be... which I get is incredibly selfish...'

Marie looked away for a moment, realising she was off loading her problems onto Arturo, which was not fair at all. She had spent the last month or so trying to get over the heartache of the past without her Pops. Moving away was the only thing that made her feel herself again and now she was letting that darkness creep back up on her.
' Just ignore me though! Your stories are fascinating, and I am happy to listen to every one if you will let me'

With: Polka Polka
Feeling : encouraging
Losing someone you thought you loved was a hard thing to go through, it seems Marie was still very tender about the subject. Clearly her heart had been set on life with this man but now she was alone.

Arturo gently took her hand and enclosed it with his own sending a little warmth to her hands. “ just because a man didn’t love you, he clearly didn’t see you for you, it doesn’t mean you are unworthy of love. Some things take time, love is one of the hardest things to find but it’s also the heaviest thing to leave behind... I’m sure you’ll find something here. Even if it just means finding yourself.”

Letting go of her hands he looked at the bubbling stew he chuckled “ I have a lot of stories I’ll admit. I’d answer any questions you’d like me to. But I think the stew is ready, shall we eat inside or out?” He suggested stirring the pot slowly.

Feeling: Hungry

Marie was taken aback by his kind words about love.
She liked the fact that she didn't have to tell him much... she liked the fact that he kind of already knew what was on her mind!
How an earth could people in the town dislike him?
Emma had acted as if he were the spawn of the Devil- perhaps that was just her own ignorance.

Rather than responding to his comments on love, Marie chose to smile and gently squeeze his hand. She had not really noticed that tears were streaming down her face. This was the first person who had spoken to her like a friend- she had allowed her last relationship to take up her whole life and had no real friends left by the end.

' Outside- is good with me- thank you for cooking! '
Marie quickly grabbed some plates from the cupboard and set them out, ready for the food to be dished out.

with: Polka Polka
Feeling: optimistic

Arturo smiled as his words seemed to have cheered her up, giving him a warm feeling inside of him. He began to dish up the hearty stew onto the plates and spoke as he did so.

“ it’s not an issue, I like cooking. I know every herb and plant in the forest, I can tell you of different properties they have and how they help the animals and me from time to time. Some plants act differently in different areas, like the dreada trees grow close to the water because if they are not by any water they die. Where as the fronita plants stay up on the mountain cause its so cold there, I only go there if I really have too”

He carried both of the filled plates outside to a small table and chairs that he passed, sitting down he waited for Marie to join him looking out at the forest his ears and eyes on alert.

₳ Đ₳₮Ɇ ₩ł₮Ⱨł₦ ₮ⱧɆ ₣ØⱤɆ₴₮
giphy.gif

As the evening grew to a close, the two new friends shared their past. The stories carried deeper into the evening, until eventually the pair bid each other goodnight.

Unbeknown to the pair, a small group of teenagers sat- intentionally hiding in the forest until they knew the 'Forest God' was sleeping.
This had been a regular occurrence for the last few months, in which the three culprits would set off small forest fires in an act of disrespect and fear of Arturo.
Every time the fire would get bigger but it was easily put out.

However, this evening one of the boys, named Freddie, had brought along and aerosol can from his sisters bedroom.
'Okay, get some dried leaves and twigs and set them out in give piles! We will get him this time!' Freddie commanded towards the other two boys- who quickly did as they were told.
In an act of pure idiocy, once the fire piles had been created, another of the boys dropped a handful of fire lighters in each mound.
To this day, the boys never intended to cause the damage they were about the create.

Freddie took the aerosol can and a fire lighter and began spraying the can and lighting it as he went. The fire was instantaneous and dangerous.
Pretty soon the three boys had ran from what they had created- laughing rather hysterically at the mess they had created. However, in an hour or two when they were forced to apologise to the newest neighbour of the town, as she lay in bed after receiving burn treatment - they wouldn't find it so funny.

The clock struck 10pm and Marie was brushing her teeth. Arturo had left an hour ago- the pair had really gotten to know one another. Marie felt that she had truly made a good friend.

Rupert was lying patiently on her bed for his evening cuddles in their new home.
However, after a while, Marie always become hot- so she opted to open the window before getting into bed.
The pungent smell of smoke hit her first before her eyes were drawn to a bright red blaze that looked to be a quarter of a mile or so away.

FIRE!

She panicked slightly, remembering that Arturo had told her he felt pain when the forest felt pain.
Like any reasonable citizen, she rang the local fire station- but Rick, the fire Chief laughed her off, telling her the kids often set fire near her home and not to panic. He would be there in an hour or so.

The lackadaisical approach of this town towards a forest fire did not settle the young woman's nerves. Marie threw a black duffel coat over her large night T-shit and shorts- upon her feet she threw on the wellies that lay at her back door and she grabbed a bucket from under her sink before racing into the darkened forest.

As she ran into the night, her bare legs scraped across stray roots and nettle- she would learn later the extent of damage she had caused herself by not getting changed before leaving her home.
The thick black smoke was now filling the air around her, there was no way this was a small manageable fire.

The blazing inferno began dancing in the trees around her, blocking off her exit routes.
Luckily, a small stream ran throughout the forest and Marie dipped her bucket within it and began putting out the fire she could get to.

An outsider would be able to see how futile Marie's situation was. Sirens blazed in the background as the town had finally realised this was no small fire.
Coughing and spluttering, Marie kept running back to the stream- watching as her chances of escape dwindled away from her.

A blood curdling scream filled the air as a stray flame licked her arm- and singed her skin- but she did not stop.

E890-E7-A0-07-A7-4947-9-F64-267-C73-A5-E64-B.gif

Arturo had been thankful for spending time with a potential new friend, they talked a lot and the night got away from them.

He had settled for a nice night in his home carving some more of his animal friends into one of the many sticks he had found were useful before heading to bed. As the night went on His hands began to tingle a little then a scorching heat spread from his fingertips to the left side of his chest knocking him to the floor. Crying out he looked out at the window seeing a faint glow on the edge of the forest. Those kids again! He was going to get them this time, teach them a lesson.

Running out of his house he picked up a handful of leaves and blew a deep resonating hum shook the forest signalling any animals nearby to come away from the fire. Whistling he called “ Eli! I need you!” He began to run toward to the fire picking up what he could even if was burning him the closer he got his skin become redder and blistering slowly.

A stag joined him as the smaller animals ran toward him getting away from the heat that Arturo was running towards, large animals carrying smaller ones. Turning to the stag he spoke “ Eli... make sure everyone is out use the Brenia herbs for chest tightness, water too. Go now!” He was sweating now taking off his shirt he moaned as pieces of skin stuck to it peeling away. Groaning he mashed up some ingredients together then a cooling feeling hit him, whirling around he saw her. Marie!

Seeing Marie trying to put the fire out he was grateful but she was injured, bringing ing the crushed up dust to his mouth he whispered “ protenta Sedalia wshinea “ and threw the dust into the fire watching as it pushed back the flames. Approaching Marie he called as he took her hand gently guiding her to safety “ you.... have..... to get back! It’s....not safe” he was struggling to get his words out as he continued to tip the cooling dust onto the fire. It was slowly working. But he was lacking in energy. His body sweating but steaming directly off his body as the area was becoming quickly dehydrated making him tired and in constant pain now.

Getting to his knees he drove his hands into the ground that was hot and ashy, crying out in pain as the slightest touch burned and scorched his skin with a blackened hue. “ pour the water on me... it m..might work” he suggested as he tried to centre himself his body trembling as he began to mutter incantations under his breath. The dirt seeming to crawl up his body almost forming a protective armoured layer, but it hurt like crazy.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Feeling: In Pain

The burn that Marie had on her arm was bad and was throbbing dangerously as she kept going back to the small lake for water.

Then without warning a hand grabbed her and softly dragged her to one side.
It was Arturo... and he looked bad. It was if the fire was harming him.
In that moment, Marie didn't feel her own injury anymore- her adrenaline had kicked into overdrive.
On the outside, she was scratched to pieces, with noticeable burns on her left arm and ankle.
However, on the inside she was like an eagle soaring in the sky, ready to swoop down and take its prey.

Through coughs and splutter she spoke to Arturo ' This is too dangerous for you! Please get back'
She tried to smile at him, through the mud defence field he had created.

Quickly and rather efficiently, she limped back towards the small pool of water, scooped up a large pale full and took it back to Arturo.
She dashed the water across him, hoping in some way it would relieve his pain.

Sirens began calling to her. The fire Brigade had finally listened.

giphy.gif

87893-EAD-096-E-42-F0-8-B52-870-DE26-BD23-C.gif

This was terrible so much was lost and he had to stop it tears ran down his face but they dried to quickly to help his home. Hearing Marie’s words he spoke “ this is my home, I have to protect it” He coughed violently bringing up ash and smoke.

Arturo cried out as the ice cold water covered his body but he absorbed as much as he could as he pushed the water hard into the ground. “ Venetia, liona fullishian nox!” He squeezed the ground hard and the floor rumbled as the fire hissed and popped as a mist formed lion shaped crawled from the floor and stamped out the larger fires, Arturo’s body hissing with the heat, soon enough the fire had subsided enough to calm on its own. Yanking his muddied and bloodied hands out of the mud he stood watching the lion return to him and fade aware with a large roar. Hearing the sirens he felt little thankfulness, they weren’t here on time.

The forest floor suddenly zoomed up on him, seeing the smooth mist of the cooling forest collecting around his legs. Like a smoggy fog gathering around him. Looking at the green sprouts that had aggressively shot up on the ground and in fact on his body he struggled to catch his breath and landed on the floor hard.

1-B3-B31-B0-FDA1-4-F19-8121-8-DAB806-CFA03.gif

Feeling: Exhausted

The whole incident had been like some kid of viscous and horrifying nightmare. As Arturo lay on the ground with leaves sprouting from his body, Marie- with her now only good hand touched his forehead. It was as if she were trying to help him in some way.
Her own pain was finally beginning to catch up wither her, and she herself fell backwards and lay next to Arturo- with harsh tears falling down her cheeks.

A feeling of immense hatred caught up with her- Why had the town not taken this seriously? Why on earth did they hate Arturo this much?

It wasn't until the paramedics were standing above her the her on consciousness started to disappear.

With; Polka Polka
Feeling; Drained
Location ; Arturo’s forest

As he lay there his body cooled down slowly in so much pain he barely noticed the touch from Marie or the paramedics leaving him there.

Soon enough something was dragging him through the scorched forest leaving the shoots inbedded in the ground looking up it was the stag Eli who was dragging his burnt body to a small stream.

Gasping he lay in the water until the morning surrounded by his animal friends who brought food and company as he soaked in the stream. Body red raw but still sprouting green shoots that took off to the wind landing where they were needed, as soon as he was strong enough he would tend to the forest properly.

He would need to have words with the culprits this time. Perhaps something to scare them enough... but he didn’t want people to fear him.

giphy.gif
[/url]​

Feeling: Passionate

Marie awoke to the sound of soft beeps and a white room. In he air there was a faint smell of disinfectant and bleach. At least it was clean here...

As she opened her eyes she noticed Emma was sat next to her, looking rather shocked and full of worry.
Once Emma had noticed Marie staring at her she explained what had happened- how the Forest King had lured her into the forest.... which of course Marie knew wasn't true.
However, her main concern was Rupert- who she had carelessly left at home.

As she went to speak, a deep pain singed her throat and no words came out.

'Don't try to talk Marie, the Doctor says your throat is swollen from the smoke inhalation.... He also told me you have a pretty nasty burn on your arm but they have done a skin graft in surgery....and your dog is fine, the fire chief has him'
Even though Emma sounded sincere, Marie felt a deep hatred in that moment.
What was worse- she couldn't even defend Arturo- which she so desperately wanted to do.

Marie pointed to the door, as if to tell Emma to get out; but Emma opted to stay and explained the three boys who started the fire wanted to apologise. Of course Marie didn't really want to see anyone who was directly involved with such an unrelenting crime... but Emma brought them in anyway.

The shock on each of their faces was enough to show Marie they felt bad about hurting her- but they weren't sincere enough about causing the fire itself.
The who situation felt false and Marie had a feeling the three boys would be happy she could not say anything in return to them.

With Polka Polka
Feeling: pained

Arturo was busy grinding some weeds to mix into a paste to ease and heal the burn pulling a stringy green plant and smushing it together with a darker one. He had to send a message to Marie she might have thought he was dead.

“ Charlie c’mere” he muttered dragging a piece of fallen bark to him as a raven hopped to his side, scratching a simple message onto the burnt bark. His writting was messy due to his weak state but it was legible.

I’m fine, just need a few days. See you soon. A.

Putting it in Charlie’s beak he sent the large bird on his way to find Marie, slathering the green mixture onto his body he hoisted himself up with a groan holding onto Eli he hobbled back to his home. Chewing on some healing roots he collapsed onto his bed into a deep sleep still surrounded by his friends. His home reacted with his heeling slowly sprouting grass and flowers over his body almost acting like a bed of sorts with moss and small insects appearing.

Feeling: Exhausted

Once all of Marie's visitors had left, she lay wide awake. Her emotions were raw and mixed.
Had she been able to speak, she would have given the town a piece of her mind.
Plus, she hated the idea of Rupert being looked after by a stranger.

Tap..tap...tap..

At the window stood a rather large bird, holding something within it's mouth.
Marie carefully manoeuvred her way out of the bed and to the window. It was a painful experience, despite the pain killers she was on.
She lifted the window up and winced in pain before taking the note from the birds moth and reading it.

With Polka Polka
Feeling: determined

-a few days later-

Arturo had awoken from the most refreshing sleep he had ever had. He skiin was smooth again aside from some roughness where there forest was still growing on him. As far as he knew Marie was well enough to come out of the hospital.

Ever being the gentleman he was he decided to collect her but his animals didn't wish to leave him just yet. Exiting the forest he walked through the town a fox to his left side and a mouse and raven on his shoulders.

Pausing he stopped by the chiefs house knocking on the door he was greeted by the chair who looked terrified that he was at his home.

"I've come for Marie's dog. You know by law he should have been sent to the forest to stay within my domain." He explained pointing back to the forest.

The chief began to sweat " I know that but... we thought you were..." he began as Rupert made his way to Arturo sitting at his feet.

Arturo shook his head " No... if I were to pass of the realm the whole forest would go and a portion of the town as you well know. Try taking more care next time a group of children try to destroy what's mine." He breathed out and walked off with his entourage.

Heading to the hospital he left the animals outside much to the anger of the doctors. Taking some flowers he put more life into them and knocked on Marie's door entering with a smile.

" Hello, if your ready and feeling better we can go. Rupert is outside waiting for you"

Feeling: Lonely

Despite the many visitors in the last few days and the calls from her parents, Marie felt awfully lonely.
This weird solitude had forced her to think about her past, present and everything in between.

Her pain had subsided somewhat but she still had to wear the dressing on her arm- the burn was going to take a while to heal. However, the doctors had told her she could leave today.
Marie had already began packing when Arturo had arrived.

He held a huge and decadent bunch of flowers in his arms and he looked amazing! As if the events in the forest had never happened.
Words had escaped her, the sentiment of him coming to collect her brought tears to her eyes.
Her three days of loneliness melted away at the sight of her new friend coming to get her.

' Thank you' Were the only words she could find before attempting to put her hoody on that Emma had brought for her. However, it was a areal struggle, so she began to walk towards Arturo with one arm in the jacket and the other out.

With Polka Polka
Feeling: empathy
Location, Hospital

Seeing Marie in such pain and struggling to dress made Arturos heart bleed a little. Feeling so sorry for his friend who had helped him so selflessly.

He took her hand gently and rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb leaving a little tingle there as he smiled.

"It's no problem, when we get further away I can give you something to heal your arm a bit better than usual medicine. I'm so sorry that this had to happen so soon."

He was sincere with his words since Marie was his first true friend in the town that liked him for himself and showed no sign of fear or hate towards him.

He led her out of the room giving a nod of thanks to the doctor and allowed her to meet with Rupert who was beyond happy that his master was home.

"Home then? I can make you some dinner if you like?" He asked still holding her hand.

Feeling: Lonely

When Arturo took her hand, Marie smiled a little.
She had needed him more than he would have ever known in this moment.

She needed to know that there was someone other than Rupert who cared about her enough to help.

As the pair exited the building hand in hand, the whispers and scornful looks began. Marie felt guilty about this, since it was her friendship with him that had gotten them into this mess.

Rupert charged forward when he saw Marie but he stopped when he came close and gave her a gentle sniff.
She released Arturo's hand from hers to pet the big shaggy dog.

' Food sounds great- but I have troubled you far too much!'

6-DDEA57-E-88-BB-48-B7-A760-3354-B27-E34-E8.gif

Arturo couldn’t help but smile at Rupert being reunited with his owner. Shaking his head at her statement he spoke “ it’s not any trouble to me at all, your doing much better than Francis Drake. The first week he spent with me he managed to break his leg jumping into a stream and then ate a berry that he was allergic too!” He laughed as they walked picking up the mouse that was at his feet stroking it affectionately.

He too noticed the looks the townspeople gave them, ignoring it as ever he tidied up some of the outdoor areas pushing some more flowers and greenery into the pots.

“ I would have visited sooner but the forest needed to heal and I was just so tired. The animals never left my side. It’s not too bad now I still need to clear the burnt bark but I can use that for ink. Did you have many visitors?” He asked out of curiosity with Marie only moving in a few days ago. She had been through so much.

Feeling: Tired

Marie smiled again at Arturo's stories. Realising that she wasn't the only person he had met that had acted foolishly.
She still had no idea what possessed her to try and put a huge fire out.

' I was visited quite a bit- Emma mostly... but also the three boy...' She went silent and looked as if close to tears.
However, it was the face of a tired and angry woman.
' I couldn't speak when they visited- so I never told them what I really thought- but I do think that was done on purpose by the fire chief... he probably doesn't want me to press charges.'
[

Arturo paused as Marie mentioned about not being able to speak and the fire chief doing things on purpose to cover up the vandalism.

“ even the tiniest mite pack the mightiest sting.” He replied as he placed the small flower in her hair brushing her hair back a little. “ if you want to say something you say it, this would have happened either way. It’s part of a frequent occurrence with the trio of boys. I think they do it just to get a rise out of me. With the smallest intent to harm at best. Humans are harder to understand now than before, the belief is gone”

“ here” he said taking the rather round mouse off from his shoulder and putting him in Marie’s hand “ hold Bellamy for a while, he likes a nice hold. Plus he is super soft.” He smiled as they grew closer to her home he sent his animals friends back to the forest. “ do you want me to stay? I can find some fish for dinner. I’m sure you’ll need it after the hospital food.”

Marie nodded- but quickly defended her lack of speech.
' I would have spoken up- but the smoke damage... well I couldn't say anything- which is why I think the boys came when they did.... This town is just .... just so .. backwards. '

Marie then proceeded to take the small mouse from Arturo - it was amazing, it was so small and so fragile but yet so comfortable in her hands.

When offered another meal from Arturo, Marie felt happy... but of course she had taken up so much of his time already.

' If you need to go back to the forest, I am sure I can survive.' She chuckled.

With; Polka Polka
Feeling: upset.

Arturo couldn't help but feel so sorry for Marie, she was all alone in this town. Not family not many decent friends as of yet and only Rupert as a companion.

“ look if you ever need time away from the town, my home is always welcome to you...” he paused and added “ not that I’m imposing on you or anything like that, your welcome to stay with me anytime. But I enjoy spending time with you and the animals seem to like you and you’ve helped me more with the forest than anyone ever has for a long while. “ he smiled as they came to her home.

“ you look after Bellamy and I’ll go get some fish for dinner” he smiled turning on his heel he heading quickly down to the lake. Seeing the neighbours fishing pots and nets out although there was a few he didn’t recognise. Strange. Maybe some new nets but Arturo generally provided them himself. Wading into the water he pulled out two large fish from the lake, gutting them there and then he left the gut for the nearby birds.

Heading back he saw a large truck hanging around the general store a blue tarp covering something. Shaking off an odd feeling he headed back to Marie’s knocking on the door he entered “ here we are some nice fish, I’ll put these in the oven with some onions and garlic and you can rest a little” he spoke as he got to work removing the heads off the fish.

Marie nodded at Arturo's request.
If any other man had requested her to visit- she would have felt odd.. but she knew it was not like that with him.
He was the warmest soul she had ever met- and had looked after her well since she had moved into town,

Placing the small mouse upon Rupert's head, Marie unlocked the door of her home. It was weird being back here again after her short stay at hospital.
Flicking the kettle on, Marie began fumbling around with her one working arm. She almost dropped one of the mugs, but made a quick save before anything disastrous could happen.
Two cups of tea were already made by the time Arturo had returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back