• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Mamodo War (Nenma Takashi & Randomfella)

Nenma Takashi

Terribly Terrible
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-mamodo-war-characters-nenma-takashi-randomfella.346003/

Tamashi Kyota

"Oi kid you lost or something?" Tamashi asked the small child in front of him, the girl was just being picked on by some thugs when Tamashi helped her she seemed defensive of the book he was now holding. Even begging him not to read it looking in the book he saw he couldn't even if he wanted to. Everything was in weird scribbles except for one thing in the book but as she told him not to read it he figured he should respect her privacy. He held the book out to her looking away a little. "Uh right um here. So kid what's up with that thing I couldn't read anything but that first part? I mean uh I didn't read anything!" He said chuckling awkwardly since the girl asked him not to read he was a bit disappointed in himself for letting it known that he totally did read it. He looked at the girl she seemed scared no doubt a lost kid her face was dirty along with her cloths. Tamashi took out a small thing of wet wipes and began wiping her face gently, "Jeez kid what have you been doing rolling in dirt all day your a mess? The hell your parents at they must be worried sick? Ya got a name or something kid?" He was asking a million questions he knew but he was just worried about the poor kid was all she seemed so terrified. Plus it would get dark soon and that would just be even worse for the poor kid if they were all alone at that point.

Mamodo of the Purple Book, Lucy.

Lucy stared up at the young man as he held the book out to her, was this some sort of trick? Would she try to grab it, only for him to pull it away? Slowly, and cautiously, she reached out toward it, wrapping her tiny fingers around it's sides, a slight surprise in her eyes as the young man released it into her grasp. Lucy pulled the Dark Purple book toward her chest, looking down, as if to hide her eyes from his gaze. "Th-this is, the human." She thought to herself, her crying had stopped, the last tear finally trailing down her cheek, only to be caught by the soft tissue the young man held. "Nn." Lucy slightly mumbled in response, shutting her eyes in a blink, and tightening her face in surprise. Why was this human being so kind to her? All the others that looked like he did only seemed to want to hurt her. An image flooded her mind.

"Training must have been hard today." The tall lady stated, carefully washing the small girl's face with a fancy pink flannel. "What training?" Lucy responded, looking up to her mother, whom simply smiled in response. "When will I get to train?" She continued, slightly shuddering at the thought of having to fight other mamodo. She didn't know many other mamodo, so only an image of her and her father came to mind, it was frightening. "You have a kind heart, my beloved daughter. You will be powerful, but it's up to you to use that power however you feel it should be used." Her mother's soft, comforting voice responded. Lucy in return simply looked up at her, confused.

Lucy paused, another small tear escaping from the corner of her eye, she didn't know how to live without her mother's loving care, and she didn't know how to respond to the young man's question. "My name is L-L-L-Lu..." She stuttered, stopping for a moment, trying to muster the courage to finish her response, a small, nervous hum coming from under her voice. "Lu-cy." She replied slowly. Lucy looked up at the young man, her large, light, blue eyes wet and glistening. She reached her book out below her, moving her head down to stare at it's cover, eyes darting between the few symbols sprawled across it. "My parents... They abandoned me here, and I can't go home." She gripped the book tightly, almost as if mad at it, before pulling out her satchel, and moving to place it back inside. She slightly lifted the lower end of her white blouse at the same time to examine a large tear in it, her frown drooping even more in response.

Tamashi Kyota

Tamashi titled his head as the small girl seemed to get lost in her thoughts about something he couldn't tell what but it most of been important. He waited for her attention to come back to him wiping another tear that came from her eye. 'Seriously what's a little girl like her doing alone out here? Not to mention something's weird about that book.' Tamashi began to think to himself he eyed the small book it seemed somehow both important to her while at the same time a burden. He smiled as she stuttered out her name he reached his hand up and placed it on her head gently petting her head. "Lucy is a nice name it's cute very fitting of you." He chuckled her name was something that reminded him of a doll and looking at her she did as well. Tamashi's smile began to fade as she explained why she was alone and were her parents were at. Tamashi clenched his fist and punched the ground then punched it again and again and again. He shot his look at her he was angry again he clenched his right fist so hard it began to bleed a bit. "You tellin me your parents just up and left you here!? The fuck is that kinda crap!?" He stopped realizing he might scare the girl if he went on he took a deep breath and stood up. He then held out his hand to the girl and rubbed the back of his neck smiling. "You can stay at my place if you like. Don't worry my parents won't care at all well I sure they will but in a good way." He chuckled.

A warm, comforting feeling came as the young man placed his hand upon Lucy's head, almost making her forget her recent woes. It was strange, but nice, a small smile slowly developed on her face. At the mention of her parents, however, he began to viciously beat the ground, anger clearly spread across his face. Lucy jumped back a few inches in fear, cowering under her arms, letting out a small yelp as she did so. What had she said to anger him so? She was worried, Lucy truly did not understand humans, they were so different from mamodo. Well, she didn't really know many of those to base that on, but regardless. He began to yell, cursing about her parents, could it be that he was angry at them, and not her?

His temperament changed almost instantly, as he looked down upon her again, a more compassionate look in his eyes. How could he calm himself down so easily?

She wanted to try to explain things about her parents, they weren't bad people, this is just how their world worked, there was no way he would understand. Instead she reacted to the blood dripping from the man's palms. "Y-you're bleeding..." She softly whined, reaching out to look at his hand, which was larger than both of hers combined, unable to even fit hers around it. "Are... Are you sure?" She pouted as she questioned, looking away to the side, something about his offer had clearly gotten to her. "He wants to help me, care for me, someone he doesn't even know. If he did know me.." She thought to herself, before looking back up at the young man, her eyes welling up intensly. "Nn... I'll be nothing but a burden. I don't want to be alone anymore, but..." She sounded as if she were trying her hardest just to push out a simple sentece, shutting her eyes tightly as she responded, fluid leaking from them as she did so. Lucy paused, sniffing as her nose started to run, letting go with one of her hands in order to wipe it with her wrist.

Tamashi Kyota

Tamashi took out a bandage and put it on his hand since it seemed she was worried about the wound. "Don't worry about me, and don't go saying crap like you'd be a burden." He pointed his thumb to himself smiling confidently. "Ya couldn't be a burden even if ya tried." With that he lifted up the girl onto his shoulders and began walking. "So kid what's ya favorite food? I gotta know since that'll be what we're eating tonight." As he walked Tamashi approached a simple looking house reaching into his pocket he took out a set of keys. Opening the door he stepped inside and was greeted by a woman with eyes like his cold and piercing. Seeing him she teared up and called out into the room next to her. "Dear come quick our innocent Tama-chan has brought home a daughter!" From the room slide in a man with a face that made the clear odd one out as it was a kind gentle face one that seemed to warm the heart just looking at. "Not our Tama!" Tamashi shook his head at the duo. "No! Mom! Dad! This is Lucy her parents sorta just left her at the park so I figured she could stay with us." The husband and wife looked at each other and hugged crying. "Our Tama is such a good kid!" They sobbed together Tamashi began to blush looking away he sat Lucy down. "This is my Mom and Dad you can just call them-" He was cut off by the two. "You can call us Mom and Dad sweet heart!" They said in unison once again. Tamashi rolled up his sleeves and entered the kitchen. "So what's your favorite food again!?" He called from the kitchen.

The young man's kindness made Lucy tear up even more, but now in a different way. "My partner. Is nice. Maybe he won't..." She thought back to the scene with the mamodo the other day. The way his human just wanted to use him to hurt those he didn't like, use him to get whatever he wanted, would this young man also do that once he realised her potential? "No." She smiled as she thought to herself, despite his aggressive nature, this human had a warm heart, she could feel it as he wrapped his comparatively massive hands around her, placing her over his shoulders. Still, she couldn't know for sure, not until...

"Haha! Look at this power! With this I can do anything I want!" The young man stated. "As long as you keep reading that spell, I'll never leave." Lucy wickedly smiled in response, the books of other mamodo burning around them, the bodies of their humans laying beside them, exhausted, in agonizing pain.

Lucy burrowed her head into the young man's hair, letting out a small cry as she did so, the image in her head frightening her, causing her to miss his question.

As they entered the house, Lucy's gaze was met with cold, piercing eyes, she hid behind the young man's head, her eyes peeking up from above, watching the young man's parents as they obsessed over their son bringing her here. "Tama?" She thought for a moment, was that his name?

As Tama sat her down, she looked up at everything going on, mouth slightly agape. His house was so nice, so warm, in a strange way. Lucy eyed the fireplace at the side of the room for a time, before having her thought cut off by Tama's parents. Her eyes welled up a bit, running over to the young man in the kitchen, grabbing his leg, putting it between her and his parents, not crying, yet soaking his pants when she pushed her face into his leg as it was still wet from shortly earlier.

"Tama... - Chan?" It was more of a question than anything, he had never told her his name, and she wasn't sure about the second part. She had heard it a lot in the human world, someone-kun, someone-sama, it was a little confusing. "I lyk... Lemons..." She responded, still hesitant about Tama's parents, who were still watching them. "And chicken sushi." She answered as she tried to remember back before the mamodo world, in fact, she hadn't had a proper meal in days. Her stomach violently, and audibly, rumbled shortly after talking about lemons and sushi, causing her to place her small hand on her stomach.

Tamashi Kyota

Tamashi watched as Lucy seemed a bit nervous around his parents which he could understand. They were a lot even for him but then again he wouldn't have them any other way. He felt her tug on his pants a little he felt her tears begin to wet his pants a little petting her head. When she called him by his nickname he blushed a bit covering his mouth as he began to smile. He couldn't help it she was just so darn cute he smiled down at her as she told him her favorite foods. "I like those too, give me a moment and I'll have dinner ready." As Tamashi was cooking his mom crouched down to meet eyes with Lucy her eyes covered by her husband. "Don't worry she may look scary but she's actually very nice." Tamashi said as he was getting out the ingredients for chicken sushi. His mom nodded her head moving her husband's hands to smile at Lucy. "See I ain't so scary." She pet Lucy's head chuckling. "I always did want a daughter and Tamashi always wanted a cute little sister like yourself." Tamashi scoffed. "What gave ya an idea like that?" He asked, his father spoke up smiling. "Well you did start practicing sewing mostly girl cloths." Tamashi turned to him blushing shaking his head. "I just didn't have anything else to do that's all!" His parents began laughing Tamashi let out a sigh. Nudging Lucy with his leg he held out a plate with Chicken Sushi and a lemon slice on the side. "Eat up Lucy." He smiled holding his own plate his parents got theirs and they all sat at the kitchen table. "C'mon Lucy you can sit next to me." Tamashi called pulling up a chair for her.

Lucy stared at the young man's parents, slightly smiling as the man covered his wife's eyes, her gaze was like Tama's when he stood over her, saving her from those thugs, as if they couldn't help having such frightening eyes. She let out a short pleasant hum as she gave Lucy a pat, was this a common gesture in the human world? She wondered.

"Little sister?" Lucy thought to herself, she never had a sibling in the mamodo world, no one but her mother to keep her company. Lucy blushed a little, she had always wished for someone like an older brother, to look out for her, protect her.

"Tamashi please... Wake up..." Lucy pushed his chest once more, it was no good, his body beaten and bruised, scorch marks covering his arms. "You should have let me protect him." A voice similar to Lucy's filled her head, yet deeper, darker...

Lucy's face drooped again, until her train of thought was cut off by a nudge from Tamashi's leg. "Un." She replied softly, slightly nodding to him. As Tamashi drew a chair for her, Lucy awkwardly climbed atop it, staring down at the plate. The serving seemed small, but she wasn't exactly sure how much humans ate, and she wasn't about to complain.

Almost instantly, Lucy began shoveling the sushi into her mouth, gobbling down two at a time, before picking up the lemon slice, staring at it. "Why did he cut it up?" She questioned internally, before shrugging, and tossing it into her mouth, chewing the entire lemon slice, including skin, before swallowing it down.

Looking down, Lucy frowned, she felt so disrespectful, hiding from his parents, they only wanted to help her. She attempted to bow to the three, before awkwardly staring down once more. "S-sorry for I-imp-osing." She gracefully stuttered out. Another roar from her stomach cut her off, she placed her hand on it as if attempting to silence it. "Your cooking is very nice, Tamashi... Chan?" She continued, still looking down at the table in shame. "Thank you."

Tamashi Kyota

Tamashi soon finished his dinner and watched as Lucy got down he smiled at her shaking his head. “You know you can have seconds right?” He said taking her plate and putting more on it this time with the whole lemon. “If that’s not enough either than you can just ask.” His mom rubbed her cheeks as she ate her food swaying side to side. “You’ll make a great wife someday Tama-chan!” Tamashi glared while smiling at her. “Don’t you mean husband mom!” She tilted her head then laughed waving a hand to him. “Oh yeah sure that’s what I meant sorry my mistake.” Tamashi sighed shaking his head taking another bite of his own food. He nodded glad his cooking seemed to be getting better and better each day but the most important opinion of course. “What do you think Lucy how is it?” He asked hoping she was enjoying her meal and he wasn’t the only one enjoying his own cooking.

He thought back to when he first cooked a meal himself he ended up almost burning down the house. Luckily his parents managed to stop the fire and they didn’t end up homeless. Since then he had given both his parents food poisoning twice burned down the house three times and mixed up salt and sugar four times. Now he could at least make in his own opinion descent meals that most could enjoy. Tamashi looked at Lucy he thought about how lonely she seemed in the park and scared. She was now much more comfortable around him then again that was most kids. But something told Tamashi what Lucy worried about was much more serious than most. His mind shifted back to the book and now he was more curious of two things. Why did she have it? Why could he only read one part? He wanted to know but felt now wasn’t the right time to ask about it. His parents smiled at Lucy. "Your not imposing at all sweetheart." His mom said his father then added. "Right we're happy to have you." Tamashi rested his head on his hand. "Likewise."

"Y-you're too kind." Lucy stated, looking down upon the refilled plate, the humans kind enough to not comment on her rudeness, at least in her mind that's how it seemed. Again, she began to cram the food in her mouth, not noticing that Tamashi and his parents seemed to eat in a very different way to herself. Looking up at Tamashi, her mouth still half full of rice, she slightly smiled. "Isht, gshood." Quickly, Lucy covered her mouth, blushing in embarrassment, before swallowing the rest of what was in her mouth. "S-sorry... It's really nice." She tried to force more of a smile toward the young man and his parents. They seemed so happy, so close, and having this stranger eat their food somehow made them happier, humans were strange creatures. Lucy looked toward her food again, finishing off the sushi, a satisfied expression on her face.

As Lucy picked up the lemon, she stared at it, the fireplace in her field of vision. She remained like that for a short time, before her focus was cut off by Tamashi's parents, she turned her focus toward them, mouth slightly agape, ready to enjoy the tasty fruit.

"What are you even doing here!?" The young man's mother spoke up, but as Lucy stared at her, her mouth's movements didn't match her words. "No one would want to have you as a partner!!" The father mocked her. Tears began to well in Lucy's eyes, as Tamashi spoke up. "Get out!" He demanded.

Lucy clenched her hands in shock, lemon juices flew everywhere as she smashed the entire thing in her hand, reducing it to nothing but skin and liquid, despite her small size. Bringing her hands to her head, she gripped it tightly, her shivering eyes looking toward the middle of the table, sharp pains invading her mind.

"why?", "Why?", "Why!?", "WHY!?"...

"They don't care about you, they only want to use you, you were made to be used." Another voice invaded her mind, followed shortly by more. "I was put here to fight!", "You have no allies, only enemies.", "Fool.", "Read. Read the book. Tell him to read the spell!" More voices came, increasing in number, increasing the stress on her mind, it was never-ending, until...

As Tamashi spoke up again, her focus was regained, and she calmed down. Removing her hands from her head, she looked at the destroyed fruit she held. Her face was covered in tears and snot, why did this keep happening? It was never like this in the mamodo world, she never had to worry about anything, and now her own mind was out to get her, let alone the other hundred or so mamodo.

Slipping the remaining skin of lemon into her mouth, she swallowed it down, before preparing herself to get off of her seat. "M-may... I be excused?" She asked softly, staring at the ground, embarrassed over the scene she had created

Tamashi Kyota

Tamashi smiled as Lucy seemed to be enjoying his food as he finished up he leaned back in his chair. He watched her eat seeming to gobble down the food he began to wonder just how long ago she had eaten if she was so hungry. As his eyes drifted towards the fireplace he heard the sound of the lemon being smashed and stood up taking a napkin he wiped her fingers. "Hey careful now those are sticky." He said cleaning her hands his parents finished their plates as well putting their dishes away. Looking at her Tamashi could see she was lost in her own thoughts he wondered what exactly she was thinking about. He watched as she went from cheerful to what seemed to be sad in mere moments. His parents looked at each other worry in their eyes at her question. "O-of course dear." His father answered. Tamashi took Lucy's hand and led her to a room next to his he opened it and the room had a single bed with a tv and a large closet with a medium drawer next to it. "This is the guest room but I guess it'll be your room from now on." He chuckled hoping to cheer her up a bit. He scratched his cheek a bit wondering what he could do to make her happy. Suddenly a thought hit him he went to his room grabbing one of the many stuffed bunnies that sat on his bed. Holding the bunny out to her he smiled. "Here this is yours I made it myself. As you saw in the park I'm strong as all hell so if your scared of anything just hug this little guy, and that way I'll always be with you even if I'm not in the room." He crouched down getting a tad serious. "Hey that book....is that what's got you so down?" He asked petting her head as it seemed to be something that helped calm her down. "Your my little sister now so you can tell big bro Tama all your problems, and I'll solve them the best way I know how." Today had been so normal everything about this girl seemed so normal but the one abnormality that book seemed to always find it's way into his thoughts. Every since he saw it seemed to wedge itself into the back of his mind and no matter what he did he couldn't help but wonder why he was so drawn to it.

Lucy grabbed Tamashi's hand with both of her own, slightly sulking as he showed her to the guest room. "My room?" She wondered, looking up at Tamashi, slightly undoing her frown, and wiping her eyes with that back of her hand.

He then handed her a stuffed rabbit. Lucy removed her hand from her eyes, and slowly took the bunny from him, pulling it toward her chest, hugging it tightly, the expression on her face still neutral, but she really did like it, it reminded her of all the stuffed animals she had at her own home. As he told her about it, it brought a smile to her face, he had made it himself, would it truly be like he was always with her?. A small smile grew on her face.

Then he mentioned the book.

Lucy's mouth lowering to a slight frown. It wouldn't be long before she was forced to tell him the truth. "Big bro Tama... Wouldn't understand my problems." She thought to herself. It wasn't like some other mamodo, where their book just gave them powers, she... She couldn't make out the words.

Putting the bunny on the edge of the bed, she pulled her satchel out in front of their vision, but left the book inside of it, intensely staring at it, until turning to Tamashi.

"I...Thi... The book. Promise me you won't read it. Not out loud." Her light blue eyes stared into his, a serious, yet saddened expression on her face, before she finally put the satchel on the table beside her.

"Tama-Chan, why are you being so nice to me...?" She questioned. Since she arrived, very few humans had been kind to her, and the only other book owners she had seen sought only the power of those the book's belonged to.

Tamashi Kyota

Tamashi was glad his bunny and words seemed to calm her mind but just as she seemed to be calming down she only got sad again. Once again the reason was the same that book it was that book again. Once again she asked him not to read it before he assumed it was some kind of weird writing she made up and was a diary of some sort. But her attitude began to change his mind it was possible that this whole book thing was bigger than a simple diary. None the less he nodded his head returning her serious look. "Yeah I won't read it no matter what." He then wondered if it would be better to just get rid of the book but when the thought of getting rid of the book entered his mind, something would then scream in his head to not do that. He shook his head then focused on Lucy again at her question he gave her a look like the answer was so obvious. "Why? Because it's the right thing to do. I mean it's obvious you were in trouble and you already said you had no where to go. It's well just who I am." He shrugged not able to find any other answer he simply just wanted to help and that was all he could think about. He held out his hand to her his pinkie extended. "I promise I won't read that book." He smiled at her to reassure her.

Lucy tilted her head as Tamashi put his pinkie out, slightly confused. Once he finished reassuring her, she didn't link her pinkie to his, unsure of the gesture. Instead, she jumped toward the young man, embracing him in a hug, burrowing her head into his chest. He made her feel so safe, as if she could trust him, like the warmth she could feel from his heart could quieten the voices that wracked her brain.

"T-Thank you, Tama." She finally replied, her voice muffled by his clothing.

As she shut her eyes, still wrapped around the comparatively large young man, the comfort mixed with the fact that she hadn't slept in days finally got to her. Small humming exhales could be heard as she rested uncontrollably. Her body slumping in Tamashi's arms.

Tamashi Kyota

Tamashi had expected the young girl to take his pinkie and they would then pinkie promise. But instead she wrapped her arms around him in a hug he smiled. "Yep if this gets kept up I'll have diabetes by the end of the week." He noticed she had fallen asleep in his arms and stood holding onto her, laying her down on the bed he turned out the lights. As he slowly closed the door he smiled at her before shutting the door quietly turning his parents stood there smiling. "She's just so cute." His mother noted his father added. "You can say that again, but I have to wonder why would her parents leave her like that." Tamashi thought back to the book and their promise he didn't completely understand it but he figured the answer laid with the book. Tamashi clenched his fist rage filled his eyes as he walked towards his room. "I don't care what reason there's no reason in the world good enough!" He closed his door and his parents had small smiles on their face it'd been sometime since they last saw their son talk so easily with another person besides them.

Two hours later...

Lucy tossed, turned, physically shaking in the bed, the book glowing a dark purple through the satchel which locked it away.

"Did you think you could hide from me forever!?" What sounded like multiple voices called out, smashing down the entrance to the front door. Outside all that could be seen was fire a broken bodies, the entire town a victim to their destruction. "F-father, I don't want to fight." Lucy called out in reply, the horrific figure entering from the fire. "You think it matters what you want!?" He replied, a demonic chuckle following. "They will come, you will fight, or you will be crushed, you think humans can protect you?"

Suddenly, several strange mamodo entered the room, smashing everything in sight, furniture breaking, and burning. Screams of Tamashi's parents could be heard in the next room, and as Lucy ran, eyes balling, to investigate, she could only see their lifeless bodies laying on the cold floor.

"Don't worry." Tamashi's voice suddenly entered, resting his hand on her head, a ray of light pushing back some of the mamodo, burning them like evil spirits being repelled. Lucy's father approached ever closer, laughing maniacally. "Fool." He stated, grabbing Tamashi by the throat, lifting him a few feet from the ground, Tamashi desperately grabbing the hands around his neck in response, unable to stop the beast. "Stop!" Lucy begged, hitting at his legs, but she was so weak, nothing she did made any effect.

As Tamashi's body hit the floor, Lucy fell to her knees, sounds and thoughts entering her head. "Why did you do this to us?" They all asked. "There's only one way that human can help you." Another mamodo stated as she entered the room, four lines extending down her face, her large freakish smile growing, tossing the book at Lucy's feet.

The entire landscape changed, she was atop a mountain, but... It wasn't her. Not the her she wanted to become. Tamashi stood proudly next to her, looking in the air, jewels and diamonds covering his body, the village below covered in a horrid darkness, peoples screams could be heard for a moment, before a deafening silence took over. He was holding the book, it had given him everything he had ever wanted, he looked down to his parents below, now living in luxury, from what their son was able to provide, using Lucy's power, of course.

"NO!" Lucy screamed, the scenario quickly warping back to one of pain and despair, a mamodo standing over Lucy, her hand pushed toward Lucy's face. Lucy closed her eyes, tears streaming viciously, before finally, a darkness overtook her mind.

Lucy turned the covers over, crawling down from the bed, she took the book from it's satchel. "I'm sorry Tama... I can't do this to you. To your family." Tears began to stream from her barely open eyes as she walked toward the living room. As she knelt before the fire, she only hoped this would work. "Perhaps they lied to us, maybe we can do it ourselves..." She thought to herself, before beginning to prepare the fire, and light it. She couldn't keep the sound of lighting the fire down, but it didn't matter, as the fire began to engulf the fireplace, she held the dark purple book in front of her face, coughing slightly as her eyes watered at the sight of it.

Finally she released it, into the fire, into the flames, it sat there. Lucy ignored the intense heat on her face as she stared at it intensely.

And sat there is what it continued to do, unaffected completely. Lucy brought her head down toward her legs, almost as if in pain.

"I'm sorry Tama... I couldn't do it." She cried to herself out-loud, the book continued to sit there, it's dark purple glow overtaking the roars of the flames.

Tamashi Kyota

The next day arrived and exited his room and was going to wake Lily when he saw her near the fire place her book sitting in the fireplace he ran to it. "Hey what are you doing?" He asked concerned for her he knelt down besides her rubbing her back. "Why are you burning your book?" But as he asked the question he then noticed something odd the book sat it the fireplace as if untouched by the flames around it. He took the hook off the fireplace and used it to pull out the book holding it for a moment before slamming his fist into the book. He hated this thing it was just a book right so why did it make her so sad what reason was there for her to be so unhappy all because of this book. The more he wondered the more he wanted to hit the thing but he stopped putting down the book he simply just took hold of her and held her close. "It's ok, everything will be alright. No matter what happens I'll take care of it I promised remember and Tamashi Kyota keeps his promises." He rubbed the back of her head as he held her to comfort her some more.

Lucy remained before the fire, almost oblivious to Tamashi's presence, staring toward the dying flames. How long had she been sitting here? Simply unable to move. She watched from the corner of her eye as Tamashi punched her book, he was so brash, so quick to using violence, she had to ask him, but... "I wish I could tell you..." Lucy thought to herself concerning what she was doing, she didn't want to bring this curse open him and his family, but it looked like she had no choice.

As Tamashi held her close, her body was limp and unresponsive, her mind still wracked with thoughts of doubt. Finally she spoke up, her body still facing the same way it had for hours.

"T-a-mashi..." She almost shivered as she began. "If you could have anything you ever wanted, riches, safety, for you and your family." Lucy let out a small nervous humm, she wish she could have just stopped there, but she knew that there was always a cost for such power. "Would you do anything? Even if it meant hurting people? E-Even innocent people?" She finally finished her question, closing her eyes, a single drop leaking from the side of her eye.

Takashi Kyota

Takashi looked at the ceiling her question made him think. But the answer was simple he shook his head. "I don't think my parents would be happy if I did that, hurting innocent people for them would just make them upset. Besides I wouldn't want you to hate me remember your my family too." Takashi stood up and pet her head walking towards the kitchen. "So Lucy what do you want for breakfast?" He asked getting his apron.

Randomfella Randomfella

Last edited:
pxPxPvf.jpg

A small sign of relief filled the small mamodo's face. Maybe she could trust the young man completely, but the amount of danger anyone near her faced was too much to bear. If he knew what she knew... Maybe he would react differently.
Lucy could barely hear his voice from the kitchen as she stared toward the window, a colourful bird perched on a tree just outside, the park filled with young humans playing gleefully in the distance. This world was truly something, in truth she really wanted to witness it first hand, but leaving seemed far too dangerous. Her mind drifted to the mamodo she had seen earlier, if someone like that found her...

Suddenly, Tamashi's voice echoed in her ears, but she had other things on her mind. Despite only knowing him for a short time, the young man made her feel safe, maybe that was why he could read her book? Maybe there was more to their bond then just the curse she knew he had now inherited. She didn't want to feel scared and alone ever again.
"Tama." She turned to him, her face more stiff and serious, signs of her holding back her fear were obvious, her heart beating as she weighed what she was going to say.
"Promise me... Promise me that you'll never leave." She quickly turned her head back out toward the window, hating herself in her mind, how could she be so selfish as to do this to these kind humans?
"I-I'm not hungry." She lied.

Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi

Tamashi stopped preparing food and simply stared at his hands. He looked down at Lucy and sighed crouching down to meet her eyes. "Lucy you've been talking like that for a while now. My answers won't change I'll stay by your side no matter what got it. I put my faith in you so put some faith in me." He clenched his fist he felt like asking any further would make her upset. "I want you to tell me about that book you had with you."

He shook his head backing down from his own question. "No forget about it I don't wanna force you. Just tell me whenever your ready in the meantime you should at least have a small snack." He stood up grabbing a lemon from the counter. "Here your favorite."
Randomfella Randomfella

Lucy
Finally Lucy picked up the book, placing it into her satchel. "Thank you." She replied, intending the comment for both of his comments, facing down in a sort of shame, before slinging the satchel over her back.
Taking the lemon from Tamashi, Lucy looked at it for a short moment before nonchalantly chucking the whole thing into her mouth, the sound of the juices escaping as she clamped down upon it, before swallowing it whole. She couldn't help but grow a small smile on her face.

"Those children, what are they doing?" She looked up to the young man, before watching them outside of the window. Chasing one another, hiding from one another, it seemed Tamashi and his family were strangely peaceful for humans. "Are people always trying to hurt each other?" She asked, not realising the games they were playing. That was what concerned her, what they were doing seemed fun. A slightly worried expression covered her face, did she enjoy this 'violence' too?

???
"So you think this kid is somewhere near here? I'd really like to get this over with." The young man stated, smoke escaping his mouth soon after as he puffed on his cigarette.
"Hard to tell, this one's so weak I can hardly pick up on it, a wonder how it even got into the competition." The small boy replied, facing forward, a serious expression on his face.
"Then who cares? This one will get picked off eventually, lets just get back to looting, that's far more fun." The young man chuckled, what was the point of chasing and burning these books? It did him no good, but then again, without the kid he was nothing.
"You want to keep that up!? If so, the more we battle, the more we win, the more spells you'll be able to abuse, so how about you keep your trap shut and listen to me." The small boy barked back up at him, causing the young man to flinch, and nod in response. "Why did I have to get such a uselessly lazy human." The boy continued, to the dismay of the young man. "It shouldn't be far now."

Tamashi looked out the window at the playing children. He looked at her out of the corner of his eye a chuckle escape his lips. "Have you never played tag." He washed off his hands of grease and put up his apron. "Do you wanna go play with them?" Lucy seemed like such a nice girl but her question made it obvious she had trouble trusting others. Maybe this could be what she needed to become more open.

He took her hand and led her outside. Petting her head he motioned to the kids. "I'll be right here if you need me. I promise." He put his hands in his pockets.

Randomfella Randomfella

Tamashi's actions had comforted Lucy to the extent that she didn't even realise he had led her outside of the house. An array of uncomfortable noises soon followed after this realisation, followed by the small mamodo jumping up to cling onto Tamashi's leg like a Koala to a tree. "Nhhhh" She distastefully announced as she dug her face into the young man's side, before glancing toward the park, being only a few hundred meters away, then letting out a small "Eep" before nesting her face on his trousers once more.

Buckling for a second at the sudden impact of the small girl grabbing his leg Tamashi regained his balance. Sighing he figured prying her off wouldn't do him any good so he simply walked towards the park. Finding it easy as the girl was very light. "If you wanna play this game then fine." As they arrived at the park some kids ran at the sight of Tamashi. "It's Mr.Devil run!" The kids laughed as they ran from him. "Go on Lucy they won't bite."
Randomfella Randomfella

Lucy
Lucy's heart began to beat as they approached the park, "We should have stayed inside" She thought to herself as they arrived. It seemed even the adults at the park began to look away from them, were they afraid of her? Maybe they had seen a mamodo before. But as the children began to run from Tamashi, she realised it wasn't her that they were nervous of, the name the children laughed at him sounded like a mamodo from an old story.

Slowly she loosened her grip, crawling down from the young man's side. There was a lot going on in the area, Lucy pulled her satchel to her front and held it closely, a slight unsure frown on her face. After taking a few shivered steps toward the other children, a young boy ran straight toward her, causing her to cower as he tapped her arm. "You're it!" He yelled out. A short moment after, Lucy began to bawl in tears, running back to Tamashi and gripping the bottom of his leg. "What a baby." The boy shrugged, before continuing to chase the others.
"L-l-lets go back." The small mamodo mumbled to Tamashi, her voice muffled by his trousers.

???
"It's here." The young boy stated, standing a distance from the park, arms folded impatiently.
"Is it?" His partner replied, pulling the brown book from his side-bag. "I thought you said it would be obvious, are we going to cut down all of these kids until we find the right one? Not that it would bother me." He continued.
"Obvious to me." The mamodo quipped. "Though this one definitely hides it well." He stated, closely staring at each individual in the area. "There." He nodded, and began to approach before being held back by the man by his shoulder, who then knelt to his level to talk into his ear.
"Hold up, you said this one's super weak right? In that case they probably haven't battled yet. If they even have a human, they might not even know what they are, maybe I could just convince them to hand the book over, then we can wail on them without any chance of getting hit." The man smiled, almost proud of his own idea.
"You mean you're too lazy to want a proper battle." The mamodo replied, before placing a finger on his chin, thinking it over. "But we might as-well. I'll stay back here and wait."

Approaching the girl, the man watched as she ran toward a young man, looking up toward him, he noticed his glare. "Jeez, what's this guy's problem?" He thought to himself, before continuing toward Tamashi.
"Greetings." He tried to get Tamashi's attention, a fake smile on his face. "The name's Murata, I own a book store just down the road, and while passing by I noticed a familiar face." He pulled the brown book from his side, it looked extremely similar to Lucy's. "Don't worry." His sly grin grew. "She's not in trouble, but I do need it back, they're very rare and special, you see.

Lucy, noticing the man, froze up completely, her body going stiff. It was him, the man who had terrorized that building full of people, but where was his mamodo? Had they been looking for her? Too many thoughts ran through her head at once, the fear was numbing to say the least.

As Lucy took a few steps towards the other students he began to have hope. Only for her to come running back to him back to square one. "Well maybe tag was a too tall of a first hurdle. Come on your ok don't cry." Just then Tamashi's attention was taken by a man who approached them. He showed him a brown book similar to Lucy's. His explanation made some sense the book did seem old it very well could've been something important. Though when he was about to ask Lucy he could feel her fear. This man frightened her of course Lucy had shown to be quiet the scardycat but this was different. This was a fear not out anything like how she was scared of the kids or when she first met him.

Tamashi pet Lucy's head looking up at the man he nodded his head. "Murata right? I'm sure you have the wrong book you see I bought this one for my sister here for her birthday." Tamashi smiled back at the man his full of warning towards the man to step away. "It's alright I could see how you could make such a mistake. They look so alike to one another don't they Lucy?" He asked rubbing her head. Tamashi didn't trust this guy looking at him closely just gave him a feeling that felt so ominously similar to something before. Then it hit him he understood what it was. This guy reminded him of the other local punks in town.

???
The mamodo stood against a lamppost with his arms crossed. "What's taking that no good partner so damn long." He turned to look at his partner's progress seeing the mamodo and who he guessed was her partner. "Hmm looking at the two of them that human looks like a tough one, while his mamodo looks to be another idiotic crybaby. A shame really I almost feel bad for what we're about to do...almost. " A mischievous grin spread across the mamodo's face as he held back his laughter.
Randomfella Randomfella

Lucy
Lucy nodded toward Tamashi nervously, before finally building the courage to squeak up to him. "H-he's a bad man..." She whimpered, looking around nervously. On the exterior it would seem she was afraid of the mamodo competition, but that was only half true... There was one mamodo she feared substantially more.

Murata Shunji

3f08bbb37bfb4f6026d5f0ad80209ecd.jpg

"You calling me a liar, punk!?" Murata pointed his finger toward Tamashi's face, dropping his act at even a small sign of refusal, slightly shivering as he looked toward the young man.
"The little mole is right, I'm a bad guy, y-you give me that book or you and all these kids end up a few feet under!" He stumbled on his words, looking around Tamashi rather than straight at him, gesturing to the entire park as he threatened, his book held tight, his stance somewhat ready.

Tamashi's gaze snapped to Lucy when she spoke he then nudged her slightly behind him. As the man spoke he simply was focused on petting Lucy to make her feel more comfortable. Only the man spit out a threat did he look back at him as he finished talking Tamashi stuck a finger into his own ear. "Sorry there old man my hearing must be faulty." He glared at the man with his trademark Devil's Glare literally paralyzing the man with fear. "Cause it sounded like you just threatened me and Lucy here." He clenched his fist this guy wasn't tough looking at all he could tell from his voice he was intimidated. Tamashi would kick his ass and take Lucy home afterwards.

As the other Mamodo was watching he noticed his partner's plan go south. Rushing over he slowed down to a walk sighing as he got close. "I'd say I'm disappointed but I'd need to of thought you could actually do something alone. Honestly how could any one guy be such a screw up." He asked his partner as he stepped closer. "Well let's go all out I suppose get to reading it's clearly all your good for." He mocked his partner.
Randomfella Randomfella

Lucy
Lucy's breath stopped at the sight of the small boy, those black lines running from the furthest edges of his eyes, down to his mouth-line, a clear trait of many mamodo. She knew what he had come for, and she knew what he had already done, the human seemed to just be playing along. "L... P-Pwease Tamashi we need to go!" The small girl tugged on the young man's trousers in an attempt to get his attention.

Baruuk, Mamodo of the Brown Book
Boy.jpg
"Too late for that, kid, now I'm going to have to teach you a lesson you'll remember for the next thousand years." The boy stated, aiming his hand toward her, causing Lucy to put her hands up over her face in fear of the attack to come, though backing a few steps away from Tamashi in the process.
"Murata! The spell!" He yelled at the dazed man in anticipation, causing him to stumble out of focus.
"Yeah, yeah, on it." He stated, flipping open the book, the pages flying by at a rapid rate, before finally pressing his finger onto the page, a dim white light glowing from it pushing his hair back. "You should have never tried me, you don't understand the half of my power!" Maruta announced toward Tamashi, causing Baruuk to roll his eyes at his partner. "Raajia-Gura!" He shouted, the park going silent at the sudden loud outburst.
The very ground itself began to quake toward Lucy, cracking a shaking uncontrollably, the inhabitants of the park fleeing in fear from the sound and vibration of the tremors. "Ahh!" Lucy squealed as she was knocked off her feat, falling to the unstable ground. All the meanwhile, a smile grew on Baruuk's face, his hand still aimed toward the small girl.

Tamashi ignored the tugging on his pants too focused on scaring away the man. Only for another person to walk over a kid which he wanted to avoid. He really had hoped no kids would get involved in this fight. As the kid spoke Tamashi got a bad feeling the way the man suddenly was filled with such confidence when this kid arrived was strange.

He opened the book and read what the kid called a spell. The way the kid held out his hand caused his body to just move on it's own. He dived toward Lucy pulling her out of the way. The tremors causing parents to scoop up their kids and run to safety. The ground where Lucy once stood cracked open Tamashi turned so as not to land on Lucy. Standing up quickly he looked between Lucy and the other kid. Turning he quickly ran down the street ducking into a small alleyway he covered Lucy's mouth. "Shhh." He whispered into her ear.
Randomfella Randomfella

Baruuk and his partner Murata Shunji
"Hmph." Baruuk smiled as he watched the young man rush the mamodo through the alleyway. "Rats in a maze." He chuckled, before slowly walking toward the alleyways, Murata following closely. Lighting another cigarette, Murata watched the young boy, a cold breeze causing him to shiver as they approached. As Baruuk stuck his hand out once more, Murata took the hint.
"Raajia-Gura!" He announced once more, the buildings around the alleyways began to shake and quiver.

Lucy
How could she let this happen? Now they were going to both fall victim to a mamodo, one way or another... Lucy cursed herself in her mind as Tamashi rushed her off, the attempt was surely for naught, he was only human, he didn't understand what he was dealing with, if only she had said something sooner... "Tama! Please! I-i-it's me they want, just go before it's too..." Suddenly the clearing ahead of them crumbled down, blocking the path ahead, there was nowhere to run, no room to dodge, as the two chasing them arrived to face them in the tight alleyway.

"End of the line." Murata laughed, eager to get some revenge on who he would call a punk kid.
Sticking his hand out once more, Baruuk's face showed no emotion, the idea of spending this much energy on such a pointless fight was a waste of time. "I'm done with this one, let's finish this." Baruuk stated, still staring toward Lucy.
"Ha, you got it." Murata responded, flipping through the pages again, the book glowing once more. "The second spell! GuraSen!" The book flared in response as a thick, heavy clump of earth developed in-front of Baruuk's palm, and quickly launched toward Lucy.

"Get out of here!" Lucy begged Tamashi, tugging on his shirt, eyes welling with tears, while attempting to brace herself for the impact.

Tamashi you dumbass nice job cornering yourself! Tamashi scolded himself as their escape route was ruined. He held Lucy close preparing himself to push past the duo. He didn't understand what was even going on it made no sense this kid was causing earthquakes and the guy was reading some spells. God damnit Tamashi for once in your life think! He watched the kid raise his hand as the man read another spell a large rock appeared in front of the boy's hand. In a moment of pure reflex he grabbed Lucy and turned the large rock slamming into his side. As they flew back he slid across the ground coughing as he held his side. It wasn't the first time he'd been hit but this hurt more than anything he'd ever felt. He pushed Lucy further behind him getting up still holding his side. "Stay back Lucy!" He commanded staring down the duo he glared at the man before rushing towards them at full speed. "Rahhhh!"

Murata panicked for a second but Baruuk quickly snapped him back into his senses. "He's just one guy read the spell again!" Murata looked back at the book nodding. "Uh right GuraSen!" Again a rock came flying at Tamashi he could in theory of ducked the attack but instead he threw his arms up. The large rock slamming into him and sending him flying back again. His forearm already bruising from the impact yet he stood again. "Damn it I'm real sorry Lucy but I'm gonna need you to run I'll try and keep em busy while you get out of here! Just run home and don't look back don't stop for anything!"
Randomfella Randomfella

"Just tell him, it couldn't be worse than this... No, if he saw what I am... It would be easier to just give up to them..." Lucy argued with herself internally, rushing over to Tamashi, inspecting his arm. "Tama p-please, don't get in the way, your body can't handle it." She cried up to him, slightly touching the large bruise, surprised he could even stand, though it was clear he wouldn't be able to for long. Slinging her satchel from her back, she rested it on the rubble by Tamashi. Soon after, she moved her body in-front of him, her face a mess of snot and tears, stretching out her hands to block the next strike.
"I d... I don't want to hurt you, please, you can have the book just let Tama go!" She cried, begging their pursuer, wanting only for Tamashi's safety.

She didn't notice it, facing the opposite way, and the other two were simply too distracted. The satchel holding the purple book, began to glow intensely by Tamashi's side. A bright pink and white shone, held in by the fabric of the satchel, as if trying to escape.

"Hurt me?" Baruuk laughed as he spoke, what a joke. Murata did so as-well, "Oh no, we aren't letting him go after the way he acted, we'll get rid of you, and then a few months in the hospital should teach him to respect his betters." Murata bragged, placing his hands to his sides as if it were all a joke.
"How sad, manipulating some human who probably can't even read your miserable excuse for a book. When I'm finished mamodo like you won't be given such opportunity for greatness." Baruuk's face turned from laughter to disappointment, raising his hand head-on.

Tamashi clutched his fist as the duo laughed before long he couldn't take it and shouted. "Shut the hell up! Your type piss me off more than anything picking on the weak just cause your a damn coward." His gaze shot to the book picking it up he stared at it. Wait maybe if I read a spell Lucy will do something cool! 'Don't read it.' Tamashi recalled Lucy begging him to not read the book now it made sense to him. Whatever her spell was made her fear it her fear of others and being a burden it was all due to this. She was scared of people like this he clenched his teeth finally saying. "Lucy please just let me read the spell!"
Randomfella Randomfella

Murata laughed at Tamashi, he didn't care, all his life he had been a weak coward, and now he was strong, no one was going to take that away from him.

Lucy couldn't hear Tama as she approached the pair, shivering all the while. Throwing a pathetic hook at the boy, he dodged to the side, and brought his elbow down on Lucy's dome, causing her to fall to the ground without much effort. "Mmph!" She groaned as she hit the concrete, before stumbling back up once more.
"I won't let him get hurt for me, just leave him alone!" Lucy attempted to demand from the pair, her yell quiet and nervous, her breathing increasing rapidly from an influx of adrenaline and fear.

"You don't have much of a choice." Baruuk smiled. "I'll finish this now Murata, another spell would just be a waste." He continued, pushing Lucy back toward the ground.
Lucy stood once more, her pink hair now dirtied, drooping down over her shoulders, her body now bruised and slightly scarred from the impacts, spreading her arms wide once more. "Please Tama, just run, I've already burdened you enough." She though to herself, too weak and insecure to speak, clenching her smooth white teeth shut, and her light blue eyes closed, tears still escaping from them regardless, she just wished it would all be over.

Tamashi watched Lucy's frail attempt to protect him he clutched the book tighter. The duo's intent clear they were going to be beaten to a pulp at this rate. In the intense moment Tamashi's mind drifted to younger times. "Run it's Mr.Devil!" Tamashi stood on the playground as kids around him ran off in different directions none of which would play with him. He could feel the eyes of the parents on him judging him. He was alone and would spend time staring at himself in the mirror making faces. Trying to look kinder to not look so scary he snapped back to the present. I can't let her down I made her a promise to protect her! "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Ze-Kyoki!" He shouted the book giving off a bright glow as he did.
Randomfella Randomfella

Lucy, Mamodo of the Dark Purple Book

"Ze-Kyōki!"
ゼ 狂 気

Lucy's eyes shuddered, vibrating at the sound of Tamashi's words, they were straight from the letters of the purple book. Her heart almost stopped at the phrase he had quoted, her eyes beginning to water uncontrollably. "Finally. Do you feel it?" A foreign, yet familiar voice invaded her mind. The voice was like her own in every way, yet darker, and deeper in tone.
"N-No... I can..." Her own voice began to fade as she said this out loud, struggling internally, she dropped to her knees.

Suddenly, from the roots of Lucy's scalp, the bright pink hair slowly dripped a dark black, until eventually coating her hair entirely. She began to reach toward the top of her head, but a sudden bout of pain stopped her mid-way, forcing her to clench her face in despair.
Black lines gradually sliced down from her forehead, two lines at the sides of each eye. as they struck her lips, they too extended, her mouth seeming to widen immensely, until slightly reaching past the most extended lines which now dragged below her chin. Her soft teeth grated, sharpening into those more similar to a rabid dog's.

Turning toward her partner, tears still welling in her light blue eyes, she stared toward him in agony, a desperate frown coating her now widened, monstrous mouth. Her exhaustion causing her whole body to move to the rhythm of her breathing. Until finally... Her bright blue irides instantly enveloped to a pitch blackness.
Lucy's expression, too, changed. Slowly her frown crept upwards, forming a large menacing smile, her sharp teeth revealing freakishly. Her body no longer moving uncontrollably, as if completely renewed physically, the tears and snot on her face began to evaporate. Lucy then looked back toward her target. Bringing her hands up toward her eyes, Lucy looked at them intensely, the wicked grin on her face grew even more. Readying them behind her she began to chuckle, it was eerily similar to what Lucy's usual laughter would sound like, yet deeper... And darker...

"Hah, so your spell is to change the colour of your hair? Seems mamodo girls aren't to different to human ones, ayy Baruuk?" Murata scoffed, nudging the small boy, but he was silent, mouth agape, eyes darting from side to side, fear instilled within them, now this mamodo he had seen before.
"Shut up and cast something!" He turned toward Murata, barking loudly at him, causing the man to flinch and scrawl through the book in confusion.
Bringing up his quivering hand, he looked toward Lucy.

"Baruuk, fitting you should be the first bug I squash." Lucy's voice echoed, before her attention turned toward Tamashi, though her head remained facing toward their opponent.
"I can feel your anger, your hatred for these worms, good." She spoke without facing him, and yet, it was clear who she was talking to, and absence of emotion in her words. "Focus that energy into the book." She coldly demanded.

"GuraSen!" Murata announced, the book's glow clearly fading, once more causing a clump of earth to fly toward Lucy.

Finally she threw her arms forward, her opponent still at a distance, though that wasn't an issue. As she threw her arms, they shifted physically. Her fingers fused together, her hands and arms rounded, they too turned a dark black colour. The tendrils they had become extended out, lengthening toward their spell, smashing it and Baruuk with extreme force, knocking him into a nearby wall. As the tendrils quickly rescinded back toward her, her arms once again returned to their previous form in short time, her fingers separating once more to a 'normal' state. Murata stood in shock, disbelief spread across his face.

Tamashi immediately regretted what he had done watching Lucy cry outnin agony. He clutched his chest as she turned to him with tear filled eyes he had done this to her it was his fault. She told him not to and now he was going to see why. As she spoke he could feel it in her voice this was no longer the Lucy he had come to know. "Wha?" Was all that could come out before she sent the boy into a wall. I get it now. Why she attempted to burn this book, why she begged me to not read it. She feared not others with books but herself. Tamashi you dumbass you just had to read that damn spell!

Murata fell onto his back as he took a step back tripping over his own foot. "What the hell just happened!? That isn't fail having a monster like this on your side!" Tamashi walked towards Murata and grabbed him by his shirt. "Watch your mouth you damn coward!" With that he slugged the man sending him to the ground unconscious. He stood staring down at the man for a moment before looking back at Lucy. "....Lucy. You ok?" He asked as he slowly walked towards her a single arm outstretched to pet her head like he normally did.

Baruuk was in the middle of playing dead as he slightly opened one eye. He waited for Tamashi to be between him and Lucy before diving for Lucy's book still in Tamashi's right hand. If I can just get that book I win!
Randomfella Randomfella

"I'm better than okay." She grinned toward the young man. However, as Baruuk leapt toward him, Lucy forcefully wrapped her tendril around Tamashi, jolting him back, before unwrapping him from her coil. "Stay behind me." She commanded, before striking Baruuk again, slamming him a few feet back.

"Murata! Get us out of here!" He yelled in despair, causing the man to groan in response after a good minute on the ground. Pulling out the book, his now weak voice range out. "R-Raajia-Gura..." He tried to announce, yet nothing followed. "Screw this, I'm getting out of here." He groaned, dropping the book to the ground, stumbling away to the best of his ability.
"You coward!" Murata announced, as Lucy took the opportunity to swipe at his book, a small flame begging to cover it.
"I had it all planned out! I was going to become powerful! Arghh!" He cried, as Lucy stared down upon him.
"When I'm king, mamodo like you will beg for mercy at my heel." Lucy proclaimed, before letting out a horrific yet soft bit of laughter at the irony, looking down upon Baruuk's fading body all the while.

Her ears perking up at the sound of footsteps, Lucy flung her arm into a tendril around the corner, grabbing Maruta before he could escape, and bringing him toward her and Tamashi.
"P-please, you were right! I am a coward! The kid corrupted me! Just let me g..." His voice was cut off as Lucy's tendril tightened around his mouth, constricting slowly, tears rushing down his face.
"This one would have broken us both, without mercy, he would have done whatever he pleased with us." Lucy spoke up, still facing Maruta while talking to Tamashi. "Read the spell again, and I will crush him if you wish it." She announced, before turning to the young man, staring him straight in the eyes. "Anyone who would dare to oppose you will fall, anything you could have ever wanted would be yours, so long as you continue to read that book." She grinned, revealing her frightening expression. Lucy could feel Tamashi's emotions, he wanted to have his revenge upon this scumbag, she was sure of it. "Strange that the foolish girl could find such a competent companion." She thought to herself.

This was all so much for Tamashi to take in all at once he didn't even have time to react as he heard something behind him. Before he was grabbed by Lucy and pulled behind her he held his side the sudden force hurting the same side the rock had hit. The way she moved the way she talked it was all so different he couldn't believe it. Watching the boy fade away as she hit his book it bursting into flames. As he faded Tamashi truly understood why Lucy tried burning her book he didn't understand what had happened to the boy but he was gone now. Tamashi began to relax leaning against a wall for support that's when Lucy had captured the man as well and held him up. Tamashi clutched the book his blood boiling along with his rage. This man for no reason other than selfishness attacked them. For a moment he truly thought about it he thought about reading the spell and....killing this man.

That is until Lucy looked back at him as he looked into her eyes he felt a sting in his chest. He didn't see this violent, ruthless Lucy he saw the scared, crybaby Lucy. First he slapped himself in the face hard enough to leave a hand print then walked toward Lucy and the man. When he got to Lucy he turned to her and smacked her across the face. Not as hard but still enough to cause her head to turn. "Put him down Lucy, and I'm sorry." He crouched down wrapping his arms around Lucy. "Just put him down."
Randomfella Randomfella

Lucy's head swung from the impact, as if no resistance was applied against the force, her neck twisting severely. Slowly, it returned back into position, a smug closed mouth smile facing Tamashi, her head tilting to the side at a 45 degree angle. "Not enough morals to prevent you from striking me ay? Good, you won't need them in this game." She giggled, the red mark across her face soon fading. As Tamashi embraced her Lucy remained still, not returning any affection, there was none to be had, he was simply a tool for her use.

"You don't really want me to put him down." She brought her mouth to the young man's ear as she whispered, the sound echoing through his head. "But very well, read the spell, and I will release him." She declared maliciously, now talking at a normal volume, Murata nodding in despair, though a clear puff of breath escaping through the cracks as Lucy's bind on him began to uncoil. Not by her own will however. The black lines began to gradually fade upwards, her hair showing signs of light, she was growing weaker.

Tamashi bit his lip as she spoke his true feelings part him truly did wish to see the man crushed. Yet he wouldn't let Lucy cross that line no matter what he pulled away from her to look at her. When he saw her face he looked at the book and held it close. "No." He shook his head pointing to the book with a serious look. "So that spell I read is what keeps you like this." A small smile spread across his face. "That's good real good. Then I just need to never read that spell again." He pet her head as he watched the lines fade. "It's ok Lucy these guys caught me off guard. If all I gotta do is get their books I can handle that much." Could he really take on more people like this all by himself. He was tough but so was that kid he guessed he'd need to start preparing.
Randomfella Randomfella

Users who are viewing this thread

Back