• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Malloy Academy

social

falling for you™
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Malloy Academy
The Malloy Equestrian Academy was created by non-other than the Malloy family in 1965 in the countryside of Hampshire, England. The school was originally started to give top-notch riding lessons and clinics to everyone that could afford them, but the head of the family quickly learned that he could do a lot more with it. Due to the rising popularity of his stable and his own family’s reputation in the equine industry, he transformed it into a secondary school where students were accepted based on their riding capabilities and would train with world-class riders and instructors. The classes were small and the school was difficult to get into, but people began to notice how each rider that was produced by the school was exceptional and really excelled in college and even in their careers.

This brought attention and funding to the school and soon it expanded, buying out a lot of the farmland that once surrounded the campus, turning them into pastures and arenas. By the time the 90’s hit, they were letting in riders from all backgrounds, allowing there to be scholarships for those who were unable to afford the tuition. Various disciplines were added to the curriculum which allowed students to expand their area of interest upon entering the school and really finding a place where they clicked. Students were able to live on the school’s campus in beautiful dorms and it was ranked the top equestrian secondary school in the country.

Bringing in different disciplines caused the school to open its doors to those in other countries, taking in students from all over the world and giving them a chance to have their dream career. This was rather different for a secondary school to do, mostly because universities seemed to be the only ones taking in full-time students from abroad, but the Malloy’s wanted to give everyone an opportunity to succeed. The school was incomparable and they wanted to keep it that way, bringing in guests from all over the world to teach their students and to help improve the school’s programs where it was needed.

Students were expected to try their best and get top scores, especially those riding on scholarships. Weekly rankings came into play when the 2010s started, mostly because the school wanted to find a way to keep only the most talented students in the program. So tests were created to seek out the weakest students and essentially remove them from the school, as awful as that sounds. This caused a sense of rivalry to form between the pupils and everyone was on edge, desperate to get into the school and keep their spot. Reputation and rank is everything in the equestrian world and the students, well, they found that sometimes the only way to succeed is to take it away from someone else by force.

The Rules
• Realistic face claims only! I like seeing diversity in terms of fcs
• There will be a discord for ooc discussion
• Romance is always allowed and encouraged, just make sure to fade to black if needed
• Try to be realistic with any character angst you have!
• This is going to be a casual roleplay so I am expecting a minimum of two paragraphs! no one liners
• It is a high school roleplay so I am expecting drama, romance, and sabotage
• I don't have a set number of characters because I'm not sure how much traction this will get so have fun
• This is taking place in Hampshire, England and is within driving distance of Winchester
• Students will be in dorms and will have at least one roommate
Welcome
Everyone at the academy has generally the same purpose. Be the best and stay the best. A simple rule to live by and relatively easy to follow, in theory. However, this is a secondary school, high school for god's sake. There's nothing easy or simple about it. Here it's either kill or be killed, in a manner of speaking of course. The students have little trust in each other and are constantly looking for an excuse to one-up the other and take a higher spot on the list.

Because of the rankings, there is a constant shift in terms of popularity, meaning each discipline seems to be on the top of the food chain for a week or two before it falls down again. It's all part of the process, or at least that's what everyone says. However, despite all the drama and competition between each other, there are some good things that the students experience. These things include dances, fundraisers, camping trips, field trips, and even the occasional party if enough people get in on it. While it is a difficult school to be relaxed in, some students have learned that it's important to form friendships with those around you and just enjoy the time you have there.

Though, it's not all cupcakes and rainbows for some of the students. Some of them have been through very traumatic experiences, causing there to be a lot of internal chaos and pain that is mostly unnoticed by the staff at the school. So it's up to the students to support each other and try to make it through until graduation. I mean, how hard can it be? It's only high school. Right?
coded by social

The Malloy Equestrian Academy was created by non-other than the Malloy family in 1965 in the countryside of Hampshire, England. The school was originally started to give top-notch riding lessons and clinics to everyone that could afford them, but the head of the family quickly learned that he could do a lot more with it. Due to the rising popularity of his stable and his own family’s reputation in the equine industry, he transformed it into a secondary school where students were accepted based on their riding capabilities and would train with world-class riders and instructors. The classes were small and the school was difficult to get into, but people began to notice how each rider that was produced by the school was exceptional and really excelled in college and even in their careers.

This brought attention and funding to the school and soon it expanded, buying out a lot of the farmland that once surrounded the campus, turning them into pastures and arenas. By the time the 90’s hit, they were letting in riders from all backgrounds, allowing there to be scholarships for those who were unable to afford the tuition. Various disciplines were added to the curriculum which allowed students to expand their area of interest upon entering the school and really finding a place where they clicked. Students were able to live on the school’s campus in beautiful dorms and it was ranked the top equestrian secondary school in the country.

Bringing in different disciplines caused the school to open its doors to those in other countries, taking in students from all over the world and giving them a chance to have their dream career. This was rather different for a secondary school to do, mostly because universities seemed to be the only ones taking in full-time students from abroad, but the Malloy’s wanted to give everyone an opportunity to succeed. The school was incomparable and they wanted to keep it that way, bringing in guests from all over the world to teach their students and to help improve the school’s programs where it was needed.

Students were expected to try their best and get top scores, especially those riding on scholarships. Weekly rankings came into play when the 2010s started, mostly because the school wanted to find a way to keep only the most talented students in the program. So tests were created to seek out the weakest students and essentially remove them from the school, as awful as that sounds. This caused a sense of rivalry to form between the pupils and everyone was on edge, desperate to get into the school and keep their spot. Reputation and rank is everything in the equestrian world and the students, well, they found that sometimes the only way to succeed is to take it away from someone else by force.

The Rules
• Realistic face claims only! I like seeing diversity in terms of fcs
• There will be a discord for ooc discussion
• Romance is always allowed and encouraged, just make sure to fade to black if needed
• Try to be realistic with any character angst you have!
• This is going to be a casual roleplay so I am expecting a minimum of two paragraphs! no one liners
• It is a high school roleplay so I am expecting drama, romance, and sabotage
• I don't have a set number of characters because I'm not sure how much traction this will get so have fun
• This is taking place in Hampshire, England and is within driving distance of Winchester
• Students will be in dorms and will have at least one roommate

Everyone at the academy has generally the same purpose. Be the best and stay the best. A simple rule to live by and relatively easy to follow, in theory. However, this is a secondary school, high school for god's sake. There's nothing easy or simple about it. Here it's either kill or be killed, in a manner of speaking of course. The students have little trust in each other and are constantly looking for an excuse to one-up the other and take a higher spot on the list.

Because of the rankings, there is a constant shift in terms of popularity, meaning each discipline seems to be on the top of the food chain for a week or two before it falls down again. It's all part of the process, or at least that's what everyone says. However, despite all the drama and competition between each other, there are some good things that the students experience. These things include dances, fundraisers, camping trips, field trips, and even the occasional party if enough people get in on it. While it is a difficult school to be relaxed in, some students have learned that it's important to form friendships with those around you and just enjoy the time you have there.

Though, it's not all cupcakes and rainbows for some of the students. Some of them have been through very traumatic experiences, causing there to be a lot of internal chaos and pain that is mostly unnoticed by the staff at the school. So it's up to the students to support each other and try to make it through until graduation. I mean, how hard can it be? It's only high school. Right?

Oh, hey, I used to live in Hampshire! In a place called Ringwood. It has a statue in the town center:

1595312642903.png

(Oh, yes, sorry, potentially interested, but not immediately- in the next few days- due to work and things)

Here is the CS Thread! Feel free to pop in with a placeholder~ Always accepting
Deadline is July 27th

Oooh, this is a British private boarding school? Are there Houses? Please can there be Houses? Like Griffindor/Slytherin/Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff, for those who don't have that sort of school system. They're normally named for something pupils are expected to aspire to, or something with historical significance for the school (the school I went to had Tudor, Lancaster, Plantagenet and York, the school I worked at had the names of famous explorers). So, maybe, Bucephalus, Marengo, Copenhagen and Sefton, or four famous riders or something?

EDIT: School uniform/clothing colours/Tartan (yes, even non-Scottish private schools may specify a tartan as official school colours)?

Last edited:
Are you still accepting this seems quite interesting (also what does the placeholders mean?)
i’m not the gm but she only just posted the cs thread, so she is accepting until the deadline. the placeholders are just what people use to put down their faceclaim or other basics about the character while they work on their application.

Oooh, this is a British private boarding school? Are there Houses? Please can there be Houses? Like Griffindor/Slytherin/Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff, for those who don't have that sort of school system. They're normally named for something pupils are expected to aspire to, or something with historical significance for the school (the school I went to had Tudor, Lancaster, Plantagenet and York, the school I worked at had the names of famous explorers). So, maybe, Bucephalus, Marengo, Copenhagen and Sefton, or four famous riders or something?

EDIT: School uniform/clothing colours/Tartan (yes, even non-Scottish private schools may specify a tartan as official school colours)?
Yeah I might do houses, I just haven’t decided yet. It would be something I would do in the discord server once I accept characters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back