• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Magic Returns: a post-apocalyptic rp with some magical twists

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
So you all meet in a tavern just off of I-84...

Adventurers is a misleading name for you. Your scoundrels. Criminals. Bounty hunters. Junkers. People looking for a quick buck. None of you are adventurers in any sense of the word. But you're here in a tavern. 100 years after the fall of civilization and the rise of a new one.

100 years ago, the magic returned. Everyone was going about their normal days. 2018 had just dawned upon them. And then, wham! Holes appeared in the sky! The magic from the middle ages returned and flowed through the world. People and animals mutated. Buildings crumbled. Unnatural things became natural. And horrors appeared. Eldritch beings that came with the magic. Most of them couldn't make it throigh the barriers that let the magic throigh but not the horros. Like a colander that let water throigh but not the pasta. Some made it through, though. Detroit, which wasn't a very desirable place before, was made uninhabitable. Greece was completely dominated by a god like entity. The korean peninsula broke off of the continent and sunk. Atlantis rose again. The sahara desert became a sea of liquid sand. You get the picture.

That was all 100 years ago. Humanity has been sent back to the middle ages. So has every other race. In the place of old covilization, new ones have risen. Kingdoms much like the ones of old. Much of the world has changed. And now, here you are. Hanging around an old tavern listening to stories and geting drunk on dwarven ale. Little do you know that you're about to have a wild ride.

So did any pre-magic culture carry over or is it just full on medieval ages?

Interested. Tag me when you have this fleshed out.
Also is this I-84 on the east or west side of the US?

I'll be honest, I just came back to the RP world after two years of absece. But I am interested in this.

I'm interested in this. I have a question though, you said they have guns and such but what about other technology like phones and such?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back