• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Lost Ones (Greek/Roman Influence)(CLOSED)

Shibe

I got some good memes
Eons ago, Oria was molded by Mother Eilisan, the mother of the gods. She dreamt of Oria being a place of peace and harmony, and wished to share her dream with others. In result she created humans to see her beautiful work, gifting them plants, lakes, and animals to share their life with.

But the humans could not see her work of art, for they had no light. Eilisian listened to her subjects prayers, allowing her two sons to create a source of light for them. The eldest son, Roreik, created the sun. Daylight would allow plants to grow to feed the humans and provide warmth. The youngest son, Mirian, created the moon. Night would be more gentle than the sun, allowing them to rest and dream, as well as changing the tides for sailors. Eilisian did not wish for her sons to fight over who would rule the heavens, forcing them to swear to an oath that each brother would rule the sky for half of the day. Roriek ruling the first half, and Mirian the second half.

The brothers ruled in peace for thousands of years, Roriek was a warrior and had the strength to prove it, as well as the pride. He inspired humans to fight for justice and love. Mirian was a scholar and a painter, he brought education and beauty to humans. Each night he would paint the sky, and hang stars along the clouds.

Mirian soon grew jealous of his older brother, his subjects would praise the sun and its glory, but when night fell they would lock themselves away and wait for the day once more. The humans ignored the beauty of the moon and night itself. The youngest lashed out against his brother, declaring war, and so the sun and moon fought for who ruled the sky. The days becoming unbalanced, if the sun remained in the sky too long it would result in a drought, if the moon, then a flood would occur.

Tervan, the God of the Underworld, shamed Mother Eilisian for not settling the dispute between her children and decided to punish them for their actions. He banished his nephews to Oria, cutting off their wings and taking away their rights to the sun and moon. They would be forced to live mortal lives, being reincarnated as humans over and over, and soon forgetting their pasts. Tervan sealed his sister-in law away in a dimensional prison, claiming himself to be the new ruler and creator of Oria. Humans suffered under his rule, dying of mass plagues and causing widespread crime.

Eilisian wept at the destruction he had caused to the creatures she adored so much. In desperation, she delivered a secret message to her fellow gods and goddesses, begging that they help return her sons to her and defeat Tervan. Her brother in-law soon discovered her note, sending his own forces to Oria to assasinate his nephews and prevent their return.

The Plot
This group roleplay will involve several gods and goddesses attempting to retrieve the lost sons of Eilisian from the human city of Der, all while experiencing the wonders and tragedies of the human realm and coming together to defeat Tervan in the final battle for the heavens. A couple of humans will get tangled up in the situation as well. This setting will be similar to our earth, just warped differently, and humanity will be in a stage of that of late Greeks and Romans. Magic, a small amount of technology, and mythology will be involved in this.

The Rules
•Please refrain from using characters that are extremely overpowered, or have massive sob stories. It’s okay to give your character a tragic background, just don’t let it encompass everything.
•This will contain mature themes, but nothing sexual, romance is allowed as well as shipping.
•Your character can be any race, gender, or any appearance you want. Antagonist roles are also available for characters.
•Please be kind to each other, there’s a difference between characters disliking each other and being plain rude to the players themselves.
•Characters must have a resemblance to humans, but can have magical powers or abilities.

Roles Available

Protagonists

• Roriek (Will have a human name), God of the Sun (Taken, Emmi Emmi )

•Mirian (Will have a human name), God of the Moon (Taken, S Shibe )

•God/Goddess of the Seasons (Open)

•God/Goddess of the Sea (Taken, Braddington Braddington )

•God/Goddess of Beauty (Taken, Elenion Aura Elenion Aura )

•God/Goddess of Fortune and Luck (Taken, TYPE TYPE )

•God/Goddess of your choosing (3 roles Open)

•Demigods (Open)

•Humans (Open)

Antiheroes

•God/Goddess of Fire (Taken, PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss )

•God/Goddess of your choosing (3 roles open)

Demigods (Open)

Humans (Open)

Antagonists

•Tervan, God of the Underworld (Open)

•God/Goddess of Souls (Taken, jigglesworth jigglesworth )

•God/Goddess of Destruction (Taken, National National )

God/Goddess of your choosing (3 roles open)

•Demigods (Open)

Humans (Open)
Feel free to ask any questions or pm me!​

Last edited:
My, hello again. Your ideas are beautiful.

I’m interested in Roriek, the God of the Sun~ (I have a face claim already for his god form lolll)

My, hello again. Your ideas are beautiful.

I’m interested in Roriek, the God of the Sun~ (I have a face claim already for his god form lolll)

Thank you! ;v; They’re usually formed while I’m drinking an unholy amount of caffeine. I’ll gladly mark you down my friend!

Thank you! ;v; They’re usually formed while I’m drinking an unholy amount of caffeine. I’ll gladly mark you down my friend!
Oh. That explains it. Creative things are usually made when the person is ON DRUGS.
**SOLAR SANDS REFERENCE INTENSIFIES**

Oh. That explains it. Creative things are usually made when the person is ON DRUGS.
**SOLAR SANDS REFERENCE INTENSIFIES**

A coworker once told me caffeine was a gateway drug, my immediate thought was “Oh shit.”

I have major interest in the God of the Sea role! I also know someone who has expressed interest in the fortune and luck role, he says he shall show himself and stop hiding behind the bushes tomorrow

I have major interest in the God of the Sea role! I also know someone who has expressed interest in the fortune and luck role, he says he shall show himself and stop hiding behind the bushes tomorrow
Wonderful! I’ll gladly mark you down, and I can’t wait for him to join us as well! :3

Curious, what era are we in? Because it would be fun if this took place in the modern era. I mean how many God/Goddess RPs (besides Percy Jackson) take place in modern day?

Interested. How would demigods be incorporated into the story if I was going to choose that role?

Very interested. I'm leaning towards the God of Souls, I think, so I was wondering what a god like that would entail? I'm imagining a god that maybe judges souls and decides where they go in the afterlife, among other things he governs?

Sounds really interesting! I’d like to make a god of misfortune and guile if possible.

Wonderful! I’ll gladly mark you down, and I can’t wait for him to join us as well! :3

Hello, tis I! I will be the god of fortunes, luck and challenges! Let all who seek favor! Let all who seek wealth! Let all who seek glory! Let all who seek purpose, call my name! Call it, and test your resolve! For perhaps your prayer can persuade me, to bend fate to your benefit - to grant you an unlikely victory! Care to test your luck? <A flourish of gold coins and playing cards as he disappears in a puff of smoke and light>

Hello, tis I! I will be the god of fortunes, luck and challenges! Let all who seek favor! Let all who seek wealth! Let all who seek glory! Let all who seek purpose, call my name! Call it, and test your resolve! For perhaps your prayer can persuade me, to bend fate to your benefit - to grant you an unlikely victory! Care to test your luck? <A flourish of gold coins and playing cards as he disappears in a puff of smoke and light>
Wonderful! I shall mark you down! :3

Interested. How would demigods be incorporated into the story if I was going to choose that role?

Demigods would either be sought out by the other gods as well, or demigods would have knowledge of their origins and have chosen a side to rule with. Demigods would most likely not be looked down upon and considered sacred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back