• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Lost Book

Ailill Daly

The elf nodded in agreement to what the fairy had said- or rather, thought. Body lifting magically and joining by Deidrick's side as he swooped around the castle in an attempt to get a view of the commotion within. His slightly enhanced eyesight didn't help an awful lot but he could make out the gist of what was going on inside, along with what magical information Deidrick filled him in on. Again, curiosity spun its wheels in Ailill's head.
'Darkness written on his bones? What, like runes or sigils?'​

Peering more closely through the window into the throne room, he noticed that the one with 'darkness written on his bones' was.. performing some sort of more powerful kind of magic. Almost like the magic used to bind angels and demons to one's will from back home. If it was anything like that, then they might've been in over their heads considerably.

Leliana blinked as the man replied to her almost mechanically, cocking her head the slightest and licking at him with a raised eyebrow as if he was a broken toy. Curious and curiouser.

She observed him quietly as he continued on about his boss, returning to his normal demeanor, for a moment she considered using him as spy, but then she also realized he'd just told her everything, and all she had to do was ask. And on another thought, there wasn't much he could do way out here. Wherever the hell they were.

Leliana thought carefully about her response. If she could kill this "Calcifer" would she become queen? The title sounded appealing. Rule over all men or beasts in the land? To have whatever she wanted? Leliana didn't want to go home. She never wanted to return to that. But she had nothing here either. Although she's only been here for an hour or two, so that was to be expected of course.

After a long pause, Leliana smirked at the bandit. "That's for me to know, and for you to; dot, dot, dot." Leliana said smugly, pointing out each dot in the air with each one spoken as if the words were on paper.

However, something else had caught her attention, and Leliana found herself leaning towards him, "What do you mean 'one of the few remaining?' What happened to the spellcasters?" Leliana asked with narrowed eyes, her smirk disappearing and her tone returning to a more serious note as she expertly fingered her dagger in her hand. Why wasn't there hardly any magic users left? And if that was the case, why the hell was Calcifer seeking them out? Either magic was simply rare in these lands...

Or something was very wrong here.

Kazanna Kazanna

The Thief in the Market

He eyed her for a long moment, considering her threat. He had lived his whole life under the threat that he was going to have his life burned. That everything he loved and cared about would be destroyed. Mages had done enough of that, and he had never much cared for it. He had always been put to boot by them, and now, when the tables were finally turned against them, he had another threatening him. Not taking his eyes off of her, he spun the gem into his hand neatly and shook his head.

"I don't think so lass. You'll have to do a lot better than that to threaten the likes of me. Besides. Without this, I reckon the most you can do is low tier magic. If ya do, the guards there would have ye in Calicfer's dungeon before the day's out, and this trinket would be added to his collection. Curious though... Why would you be in the city to begin with? Mage's are hunted relentlessly." he explained, "Figured most of the remaining would have fled to the winds."

He wasn't as physically imposing a figure as most, but his equipment showed he was more than a match for someone without powers, as she would find herself to be currently. Agility, and lithe subterfuge was his mastery, he needed few weapons, though the edges of several sheaths and the pommels of partly concealed weapons would be apparent beneath the cloak he had around himself.

"Threats will get you nowhere... Bargaining, now that's what you ought to be doing." He said with a sly wink and a grin.

Alyce-Marie Alyce-Marie

hot-ahri1-s600x866-414325.jpg

as.png
Tags: Kazanna Kazanna

Lux Arabella Rivers

"Look," Lux spoke harshly. She was getting rather irritated with whoever she was speaking to. In fact, she could care less about his name. "I don't know what you are implying, but for starters I'm not a 'mage' or whatever. I have had a shit day and have no idea where the hell I am. I just want what is mine and you should know that I don't take well to thiefs." Her slitted eyes flashed over to the guards close by and she scoffed, crossing her arms. "And besides what is this? A medieval con? Like puh-lease. The guards could at least look more authentic. Are you part of the staff? C'mon." The brunette chuckled and opened her eyes, staring at him intently with a small cocky smile forming. "Just what do you want anyway? A pay raise?"

(Sorry I've been gone! Nursing school has me going crazy.)

Code by Cecilia

Calcifer, Ashton, Nyx-

Calcifer winced and felt as though he was choking on... blood? Yes, he could taste blood and his eyes narrowed at Zekes. He was still rendered powerless without his item in hand.

Ashton's eyes met Zeke's as he stared at him and grew angry. He grew concerned when Zekes began to speak a foreign language that only brought on symbols and blood on the floor. It was too late though, he couldn't retract his action. All he could do is wait and see if any of the gods would even observe his summoning.

-----------------------------------
Nyx's scarlet eyes focused on the the kingdom of Ariael mainly the forest. She had made a pet a few months ago and was eager to find out if he was able to create a war. She had sensed some sort of tension throughout the land and decided to check in on him. As her scarlet eyes peered down from her heavenly home her smile faded into a frown.

"... he's... gone.. dead?" she questioned quite annoyed.

"How did he manage to get himself killed before a bloody..." She paused in her rant as she felt a pull from an all too familiar source which only fueled her anger even more.

It was a blink of an eye and with a great big red bolt of lightening followed by a loud clap of thunder to prove her anger. Her back was turned to Zekes and her focus on Ashton who was pale.

"Not you...." Ashton groaned.

"You... You... You summoned me?!" her voice belted out coldly.

She moved towards him with a flirtatious sway in her hips "Now......sweetie.... Why are you alive?" She asked with an innocent giggle. "After all... I dispersed you..." Her voice was soft and thick like syrup.

The goddess stopped in front of him "Why are you summoning god tier magic?" Her voice asked darkly as she reached a hand up to strike him only to find she was unable to.

"What did-" she began to question when she noticed peculiar markings on her arm.

"the hell?" she said looking herself over as the markings were all over her. She pulled her dress out a little to check underneath and sure enough markings rand up and down her skin.

"Ashton.... What is this Magic?" she questioned curiously before slowly turning and focused on Zekes.

The goddess paused and just stood there with her head tilted as she stared the necromancer up and down. "You have.... gods....." she started to say before making her way towards him. "What are you?" She questioned softly as she circled him running her hand across his shoulder with a slight giggle. He was new and exciting. She paused in her step behind him and slowly rubbed her arms from his shoulders draping them down his chest and rested her head on his shoulder before whispering. "What do you want from me?"

"nothing.... he wants nothing from you..." Ashton said quickly looking at Zekes hopeful he would dismiss the goddess.

Kazanna Kazanna

Pandora-

The small fairy turned into her 4 ft self feeling less vulnerable as she wondered about the camp. Growing bored rather quickly she made her way outside to have a look and see what was going on around her, if anything. The hat still remained over her head the two roses for eyes were open and moving which way and that. She took in the scenery as much as she could missing being able to see for so long. A hidden smile crept on her lips as she recalled Khaos' beating.

She noticed something in the distance "what is that...." she questioned and quickly flew towards the intruder.

The fairy stopped a few inches from the elven ranger looking her up and down the eyes on the hat narrowed before softening. "Hello there..." Came her soft innocent voice.

@Baku

Balfnaught smiled, either oblivious to or uncaring of the smith's gruff tone.
I've been informed that I will be needing a set of armor in the coming days, so I would like to request one. I'm not interested in any stylising of the armor, I want something simple and functional. Perhaps... corundum or barbadium as a material? I'm not too familiar with the metals here, so if you are confused about what I have just mentioned, pay no attention. The strongest material you have access too will do nicely. Don't bother making a helmet. I'm already lowering myself by wearing armor as it is, but I refuse to hide my face. I will not humiliate myself that way, not even here. When can it be completed?"
He continued his monologue, unaware of the smith's growing look of bewilderment and annoyance.
Kazanna Kazanna

Zekes Liotre

The Necromancer's Godborne eye followed Nyx's movements, rotating in the socket as it examined her. There was a light smirk from Zekes, hardly even enough to tell, however, what was about to happen.

"Divine God-Trance, Summon Tenth level binding shackles, loose hold, limitations are as stated prior." Zekes said flatly before actually responding to Nyx. "I actually do have a few requests... Primarily I wish to talk."

He turned his gaze towards her, and she would be able to stare into his very soul, into the dark chaotic essence that was bound to him. The presence of four gods from another dimension shone through, their burning hate and fury would show in his godborne eye. The presence of three other gods subdued essences would be very visible, and the sheer insanity that should have wracked the necromancer day and night would bleed forth into Nyx's mind. Divine or not, she would feel the pure chaos brush her psyche, she would feel the immense control Zekes had over the divinity that inhabited his mortal form.

"I am Zekes Liotre, Necromancer, Demonacer, and Godcaller. I have consumed three gods, and slain five others. I am an envoy of Chaos, Destruction, Order, and Creation. By the divine will of my benefactors, and the spellcraft that now pours into your divine soul, I have bound you to my will. You are Nyx, the Goddess of War, or one of them, for this realm. I enslave you, with the power of my own will, and the hatred I have for all of the Divines for the scars they have placed upon me. If you resist my will, the damage done to my body over the centuries will be a small contest to what I shall do to your body as I rob you of your divinity and ravage you for your power until you are unable to resist, and then I will disperse you." Zekes explained in a very matter of fact way.

He paused, his face was still entirely neutral, but he watched carefully as the divine chains he summoned shackled her wrists, ankles, neck, and waist, a blindfold wrapping around her face of sheer material that she would just barely be able to see through.

"First, I require a direct link into your power stream. I require full access with a filtration of five percent over nine seconds. Add in a tenth of a second delay and approach of the vastness of oblivion at a rate of five by three." Zekes explained the quantifying power formula he desired from her.

It would give him direct access to her power reserves without the backlash. She was a god, so she would understand the formula without needing it to be explained, what it would do, she might be oblivious to, but it would serve him either way.

"Secondly, You are now bound to a physical form. You shall not enter a Divine state without my express permission while you are within my presence. However, when you are in the presence of any others, you shall be as you please." He continued, "Third, you shall not explain how any of the pacts we form work to anyone else, you shall not even understand them after they have been completed. If anyone else taps into your power without my permissions, or the permissions of my divines, your abilities will not serve them."

Zekes paused, and looked to the bonds that circled her form, "Ah, and hide that, You've no reason to expose how you're bound." he ordered her.

Divine or otherwise, she wouldn't be able to resist. That was precisely what his magic was for. He was racing against time. If she didn't comply soon, he would be unable to keep her bound, and all of his spellcraft would fail, and his lifeforce would begin to drain. He had mere minutes to strike the bargain to where he would begin to use her own power to bind her.

Desert Rose Desert Rose
Enolx Enolx

The Thief in the Market

Frowning deeply, the thief stared at her for a long moment before glancing at the guards for a half a second, he raised a brow at her and tucked the gemstone away into a pouch in his belt.

"A pay raise. That's rich. Not so much lass. I'm not sure of what you're talking about, but it seems you're a tad bit confused. Anyways. It's been an interesting conversation, but I'm gonna go pawn your little keepsake, and it'll probably give me a bit of wealth until I find another mark. Bye now." He said with a grin, waving at her. "Guards! There's a mage here! Quickly! I threw her item away! Come help before she gets it back!" he shouted.

The guards started, and turned towards them, blades drawn rapidly. They raced towards them. With a shrug, the thief grinned at her, and slid around the corner of the stable rapidly. He quickly mounted the edge of it, and began to pull himself up rapidly, looking back at her, he chuckled.

"I'd run if I were you lass, They're not gentle to your kind." He said with a light of amusement.

Alyce-Marie Alyce-Marie

Two Eyes One Nose

The odd bandit watched her as she replied. His head nodding as he took the information, as little as it was, in.

Then it was back to the mechanical speaking, "Calcifer has captured or killed nearly all of the mages and spellcasters in Arieal, he is harnessing their power to prepare for an event of unknown detail that is expected to occur within the next few years. His methods of power acquisition are ruthless, but efficient, as he has garnered most of the power of the nation into a single font, giving him immense power." Two Eyes One Nose explained flatly.

"Basically, E's gone and killed anyone who didn't serve him, an' most of the mages wouldn't." He paused, watching her knife hand, his features slowly dwindling into near collapse again as fear began to set in, "You aren't gonna urt me are ye?" He asked, his voice quaking.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

The Elder Smith

The smith nodded at the mention of the strange metals, "I've not a single clue what you're talking about. I've got some tough stuff though, and a couple of enchanted bits that I can forge into the major parts to transfer the enchantments. The Master... told... us that you'd be needing some armor. It should take a few hours, but we'll set ye up right Mi'lord." the old smith explained, "But the thing is, The Master insists on a Warhelm. Doesn't need to be fully covering, but he said that it's so you don't snap your neck." the smith continued.

His apprentice, the younger man from earlier, was already hard at work, building the major plates and preparing the metals for forging. They wouldn't be as quality as a dwarf could make, but they would suit Balfnaught's needs. Each plate was several inches thick, the weight was there simply to restrict his movements and to force him to use his muscles in a natural way. The older smith went to work as well, creating slimmer plates that would conjoin the major plates together, and create a perfect scale armor. Both men were careful to make sure it would offer Balfnaught immense amounts of flexibility, while not shirking on thickness for weight. The warhelm was another matter entirely. It was a half cowl, one that would rise up behind Balfnaught's skull in a manner that would rise to just below his eyes all around, and would come up behind his head like several talons trying to claw his head off. Between the talons was a thinner webbing that would protect his head, limit his necks movement, but also leave him partly exposed. The armor itself would make him look draconic, it's helm would almost give him the head of a dragon. The smiths simply followed Arachnos' orders without knowing why.

As they worked on the armor, they constantly stripped other armor of plates, and melted it into the metals to transfer enchantments for increased protection, flexibility, and even a self regenerating section that, while it would take weeks, would allow the armor to rebuild itself simply by robbing other metals from it's environment.

Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1 (Not done with the armor description, I'll do a full explanation on the next post regarding the armor's appearance.

Calcifer, Ashton, Nyx-

Calcifer just stared at the goddess that had just appeared in the room quite dumbfounded. The existence of gods were known but the appearance and interference of one was never heard of. He simply watched quite spellbound.

Ashton watched quite horrified of Zekes power grab. He simply couldn't believe it. The man looked at Calcifer and sighed "sorry the game has changed." He whispered before moving his hand towards the king and pulled the air from his body until he suffocated. "Nyx." Ashton called out just as Calcifer's corpse fell to the floor.

Nyx still had her arms around Zekes as he allowed her to stare into his soul. The power alone made Zekes a drug and she only tightened her grip and nuzzled his neck breathing in his scent.

A moment of distraction Nyx watched the dead king crumple to the floor as sacrifice. She was about to speak when she felt the shackles around her wrists, ankles, waist, and neck. Then the blindfold came and she giggled nuzzling his neck again "mmm daddy... let's get to know each other first." she whispered before giving his ear a slight nibble.

The goddess lifted her shackles up over Zekes' head and gave slight distance from him and simply nodded her posture now more serious. "My terms-" she said her voice icy cold "I want you to start a..."

"war?" Ashton interrupted desperately "I have already declared war upon the elementals.' He explained.

Nyx turned to Ashton angered by his interruption about to transform to her pure divinity but paused feeling the slight strain and flicker of pain. Fear entered her for a split second and she calmed. Ashton stood there in silence.

"Start a universal war." She finished wanting to complete the bargain.

Even though she couldn't see much in front of her she had already seen the two spies prior at the window and her attention was drawn to them as they were something new. "More... to play with?" She giggled her hand touching Zekes' shoulder. "Master.... I want to play with them."

Kazanna Kazanna Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly Isolde Isolde

as.png

Lux Arabella Rivers

A strike of fear lit up her golden eyes as she spotted the guards coming her way. "Damn it. Can't we talk things out!?" she half whispered towards the thief, lifting the cloth over her mouth to hide her face. "There's got to be something you want!" She quickly threw on her hood, attempting to follow the jerk who had her Ball. "Anything." Her pleading eyes stared holes into him. "Please." Her eyes shifted back to the sword drawn guards as her heart pounded rapidly inside her chest. She wasn't completely powerless, but she couldn't escape either. Lux half hoped that the Void would still recognize her without the Ball, but she had no idea. The dark haired woman had never been without it, though she knew the consequences of not having it.

Code by Cecilia

Last edited:
Zekes Liotre

There was a pause in the old necromancer's reaction, it was as though something hovered on the edge of his consciousness, something that craved more than anything to break Nyx, to put her to heel and enslave her. A power so old an ancient that Zekes hardly knew it's origins. But the pause was but a moment, a moment that came and went.

"War it is. Universal you say... Well, it's not the first time a god of war has requested as such for the price of what I ask for. Done. A universal war you shall have. I shall declare no time limit, but, by one means or another, I shall deliver unto you, a war on a universal level. So long as you serve me, and comply with my demands, I shall bring war unto all living creatures." Zekes declared to her.

With his agreement, the pact would be completed. Nyx's terms were surprisingly light in his mind, though for any other Godcaller, it would be an immense order to fill. The spell circle exploded with power as it's requirments were filled and met, and Zekes waited for Nyx to honor her part of the bargain. He ceased the major control factors on the rest of the room and glanced at Calcifer's body. There was a frown on the old necromancer's face as he observed the dead would be monarch.

"I've further need of you Calcifer. Rise." He ordered, waving his right hand at the man's corpse. Even without Nyx's power, Calcifer's form would stir, and he would feel new life pumping through him as the Actuate blood spell brought him back to life, restarting his heart, filling his blood with the oxygen and other molecules required to survive. There would be a few moments of disorientation, and he would still be soiled from having just died, but he would once more be alive.

Desert Rose Desert Rose Enolx Enolx Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly Isolde Isolde

The Thief in the Market

There was almost a pause in his movement's as he mantled the rooftop. He snorted slightly and grinned. "There's a fair bit that ye might be useful for lass. But at the moment, Ya ought ta be running. If'n ya can keep up, I might hear ya out further. Till then... Tatty Bye!" He called as he made the roof and slipped over it's edge, vanishing from her view.

The Thief, Finneous Diret as he was called, or Fin as he went by, knew the streets and more important, the roof's in the area better than most. He began to make his way north, towards the castle. There were several of Calcifer's mages there that traded in the artifacts of mages, and of them, a few that paid very well for services rendered. He had never dealt with them before, but he figured he might as well now. Racing towards the edge of the impoverished area, he mantled another of the rooftops, leaping across a gap, he landed with a roll, taking only a moment to glance back.

Alyce-Marie Alyce-Marie

Nyx-

The goddess giggled once more quite pleased with this arrangement and she moved close to him leaning in to kiss Zekes on the lips giving them a slight nibble."done." was all she had to say.

These events were truly far more exciting than anything she had ever encountered. Her form was no longer serious as she relaxed "now that is done...." she stated her focus on the two outside the window.

"It's time to play..." she chuckled

Kazanna Kazanna Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly Isolde Isolde Enolx Enolx

as.png

Lux Arabella Rivers

Lux growled under her breath and with a shot of adrenaline, she took off down the streets in the direction the thief went. She heard the guards behind her shouting unintelligible words as she sprinted. People were completely in her way as she dodged and shoved through them. Lux peered up and caught a slight flash of him on the roofs. She muttered some obscenities and attempted to find some way of making it up there to where he was. However, it would be near impossible with all these people and she needed to lose sight of the guards who were close behind. She continued pushing past the impoverished people who filled the streets. Lux tried to think of all the things her mother had taught her in the forest. She would need high ground for starters and she needed to be up where he was. She spotted boxes lined up almost perfectly to the roof. Lux darted for them, not caring to look to see if she had lost the tail of guards. She easily scaled the boxes, finding herself on the roof. She would not lose sight of him she repeated to herself, searching for his dark figure. The woman found him still running and gracefully jumping roof to roof. She ran after him, breathing heavily.

Code by Cecilia

Leliana's mood soured instantly.

Poor luck was an understatement. More like cursed. Why was she always battling a tyrant ruler? Except she was fighting an entire kingdom this time, just a greedy man with a lust for power. With a lot of power. An idea struck her. And she quietly thought out her next plan, not noticing the look of fear cross over the bandits face.

Leliana snapped her head back up when he bandit spoke, his words at first confusing to her. "What?" She snapped before she looked down to her lap in surprise, a look of embarrassment and a flicker of anger even crossing her face. "Oh." She said quietly before she let it drop in her lap.

On some subconscious level she had pulled it out of its sheathe without realizing it. Past scars held unto her closer then most realized, and pulling out the daggers was the means for control over any situation, not having any weapons or magic made her feel vulnerable, her weapons made her, became apart of her.

Leliana blinked hard, pushing past memories down before looking back up at the bandit. "No. I'm not." Her voice had been very quiet before resuming its usual cocky, arrogant and serious tone. "One last question and I'll be gone, where is the capital where Calcifer resides?" Leliana asked the bandit, her eyes flickering gold at the use of Calcifer's name.
Kazanna Kazanna

Ailill Daly

The elf watched as closely as he could, trying to obtain as much information as he could by simply observing from the distance. Much went down. Someone appeared, the one he thought must've been the 'mighty' Calcifer crumpled to the floor motionless, and the one who randomly appeared became bound by chains and was getting oddly romantic towards the one 'with darkness written on his bones'. At some point, Calicifer rose again despite him almost certainly being dead. It was a weird combination of events, but it was unsettling when the bound woman looked out the window that Ailill and Deidrick were looking through. A few glances and comments later and she stared out the window with an intimidating look of glee.
'Deidrick we have been spotted... We must depart at once. This woman looks..... powerful, simply powerful- let's leave before we get further caught up in this..'​

Ailill looked over at Deidrick with a sense of both fear and anxiety turning in his stomach. Usually, he was hardly afraid of anything. But here? Here he had hardly any power at more of an expense than home and he had a sinking feeling that the woman was perhaps the most powerful one in the throne room.
Interacts- Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly
Mentions- Desert Rose Desert Rose Kazanna Kazanna

Angelo smiled as he saw panic cross the bone man's face. "Oh mister always in control is panicking," Angelo said as he slowly stood "Even god's can bleed, but nonetheless it seems that shit has hit the fan."

Angelo then turned to Glory. "It is time to be the hero that I know you are," Angelo stated "Get the girl and everyone else you can out of here. If bone man is worried, things probably are about to get really bad."

"What about you," Glory asked "There is no reason for you to risk yourself. You should leave as well."

"Aw, it's good to know that you still care about me after what happened, you are really too good. I have a feeling I should remain here. I'm guessing that in a moment there will be some scales that need to be balanced. Now go before things get worse."

Glory did not need to be told twice. She hopped into action and left the throne room with little girl in hand. Angelo's attention returned to the issue at hand when the bone man "advised" him to remove his anti-magic field. "Why not, lets see what happens," Angelo said as he removed his field.

Angelo watched as the man with Calcifer was impaled by the bone man. "So he is definitely not normal," he said to himself "Who casually says ow. Fake it better other guy, who do you think that you are fooling?"

Now that those in the room had their attention not focused on him, Angelo made his way off to the side to observe. He watched the various interactions between the bone man and the others. His face turned to one of amazement when the bone man started to distort space with an orb of blood. Angelo grabbed himself another power and smiled as he waited for more. As the bone man made a sigil he began chanting something in another language, and Angelo automatically used his power so he could understand him. "Oh, that is why he was worried," Angelo said as he turned his attention to the other mage "Someone is trying to up the ante here. Whatever, what's the day without a good god fight?"

Angelo looked a the bone man again when another language appeared. "Let me get my reading glasses," Angelo said sarcastically as he read "He can call on the powers of destruction, chaos, creation, and order. Sounds good, i'll take it, and the binding thing sounds good too, just in case."

"It seems that it's game time," Angelo whistled as red lightning struck and thunder resounded around him. When a a woman appeared in front of him Angelo let out a quiet cat call whistle. To him the woman looked like she was fresh out of high school. She was slim with long hair, small horns, and striking red eyes which Angelo complemented in is head. While her figure was nice, she looked took young for Angelo's taste. To him, she had the little sister feel and not the wise adult feel. As she started he tantrum it only solidified Angelo's thoughts on the woman. Angelo found himself shaking his head as the girl swayed her hips seductively as she walked. "Where are your parents," Angelo said to himself as he watch the bone man's plan spring into action. After she made her way to the bone man and ran her hand across his body Angelo found himself shaking his head again. "Hoes be getting younger and younger," Angelo joked his head still shaking "What a world we live in. You got to blame the parents in a situation like this. It's such a same."

When the bone man began to talk Angelo returned from his personal tangent to listen. "Oh, what a title," Angelo said as Zekes introduced himself "It seems that there is more I will be able to do than I thought." While he thought about interfering, he decided that watching would be of more use to him. As Zekes bound the god and spoke his demands Angelo listened carefully to what he was saying.

When the other mage killed Calcifer Angelo found himself cocking his head at the man. "I feel that he will need to be handled," Angelo said to himself before returning his attention to where it belonged. When Nyx nuzzled Zekes and called him daddy Angelo rolled his eyes. "Damn, that was actually kinda hot," Angelo said with a sigh "She got my feelings all confused now. I got to reassess everything."

The next part of deliberations put Angelo on his toes. "A universal war," Angelo repeated to himself "I'm going to get roped into that, I feel it." When Zekes declared that he would involve all living creatures in a war Angelo let out another sigh as the sigil dispersed. When Zekes brought Calcifer back to life Angelo decided to add that to his list.

When Nyx focused her attention on something outside Angelo found his gaze headed that way as well. There he saw two figures floating outside the window looking in. "It seems like the cavalry has arrived," Angelo said as he started to walk towards the exit " I guess I should go check on Glory, but first." Angelo stopped in front of Zekes. "Your going to force me to stop you from causing a war aren't you," Angelo asked "For a guy who talked about the loss of potential, a universal war seems very counterproductive to that belief system. It's starting to seem like you are just a worse version of Calcifer."

Zekes Liotre

There was a rush of power, on an obscene scale. Zekes felt like lightning was coursing through him, and he had felt exactly that before, he inhaled sharply as the divine energies coursed through him, and then released the breath in a fine pink mist as his own internal organs took the brunt of the damage from the ascendant energies coursing into him. He shuddered and sighed.

"What a shame. Nyx, Goddess of War, hardly able to give me a jolt..." He murmured before taking her jaw in his hand firmly.

He held her steadily, gently, but firmly, staring at her, he released a slightly disappointed sigh, "You're going to need a lot more power than this to do what I need Nyx. But we'll get you there." He said comfortingly glancing out the window, "Bring them in here." He ordered her.

Releasing his grasp gently, he let his fingertips glide off of her. He turned his attention to Angelo, his Godborne eye examining the man carefully, he frowned slightly, "Interesting ability you have there. No, I won't force you to stop me. In fact, I think it would be much simpler if a man of your talents were to remain close by. I imagine you can boost, or replicate my spells quite easily yes? What sort of powers are at your disposal." He inquired carefully.

He didn't really mind if Angelo responded or not, but it would serve his purposes if Angelo were to explain things, rather than trying to translate the energy his eye read. Turning to Calcifer, he stepped over to the man, who still lay upon the floor, his form recovering slowly as Actuate Blood mended the damage done to his lungs. He kneeled down beside him and gazed at him piteously.

"Do you understand now Calcifer? Do you understand what you fought against? That you had no hope to begin with?" Zekes asked him calmly.

Calcifer nodded, tears streaming down his face, "How did you get so powerful... I don't understand... I've been trying to attain that kind of power for years..." he muttered through light sobbing.

Releasing a sigh, Zekes nodded slowly, "I understand, It took me centuries to reach the point I'm at, I sacrificed everything, again and again, I gave up my own life, and I have tasted death again and again. Truthfully, I should be dead, but the gods I serve demand my continued service. Now however..." He glanced to Nyx, "I think I can escape the bonds they've placed upon me... perhaps put things to right in multiple universes... but it's going to take a lot of power... So I need to know..." He turned his gaze back to Calcifer, "What did you do with the mages? Where have you buried your dead? What did you do to gain Ashton, and What were you preparing for?" he asked coldly.

Calcifer stiffened, the line of questions made him feel sick, but he complied, "I... Imprisoned most of them... they died as I drained their power... I... Stored it in my item..." he explained.

Zekes paused, narrowing his eyes, "Item? What are you talking about?"

Calcifer's face fell slightly and he pushed himself into a sitting postion, regretting it instantly as his own filth shifted.

He groaned and sighed, "My staff, it's my spell font. Every mage in Arieal needs one to work magic. I imagine something you have on is yours and you just don't know it... Legends say that the gods made it that way to keep mages in line... because the first of our kind used such immense power that it challenged the gods, but he did it without an item."

Zekes was slightly appalled, he would talk to Nyx about that later, but for now, he pressed for the other answers he wanted, "Where do you keep your dead?"

Calcifer paused and looked towards the eastern window, "There's a national graveyard, it's... one of the few places of peace we have... I... Didn't dare desecrate it... the people would have rioted..." He let his head fall, "Perhaps it would have been better if they had... weak as I am..." Calcifer muttered to himself, depression hitting him as he realized his weakness even more.

Zekes nodded, "Well, I've no such reservations, I'll be doing a lot of desecrating. Your religious beliefs mean nothing to me. I mean, after all, I just made one of your gods my newest power source and slave. So you can imagine how few reservations I have. But anyways, Next question. Ashton. How did you get ahold of an Air Elemental for a lackey."

Calcifer stiffened, "He's... what?" The elder mage seemed confused, "He... was my apprentice for years... I had no idea he was an Elemental... He always seemed so... bad at magic... I just... kept him nearby because... I felt responsible..." he said, shrugging slightly, looking at Ashton with a look in his eyes of pure betrayal and sorrow.

"What were you preparing for?" Zekes asked finally.

Calcifer's gaze raised up to Zekes face, he was pale, and he looked back to Ashton, then back to Zekes, "War... With the elementals... we were creating a weapon... it's beneath us..." His face showed true fear as something clicked inside his mind, "Oh gods, my staff!" He looked around for it desperately, "It's all that's keeping him bound!"

"Keeping who bound?" Zekes asked him curiously.

"The Elemental God we have chained up below the castle!" He groaned out.

Desert Rose Desert Rose Enolx Enolx Isolde Isolde Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

'I'm not too sure. I cannot see them clearly through all the other things he has on him, and they actually hurt to look at.' Deidrick replied to Ai in an offhand manner as the events in the throne room played out. It was fascinating and terrifying, and unlike anything he'd read about anywhere. Not only that, but the powers they were bringing into play was making him feel off balance. Whatever that dark, bone man was doing, it felt as if it was eating away at the very fabric of reality, and Deidrick's fairy senses were reeling. IT was taking quite a bit of concentration to maintain his hold on Ai, even with fairy dust, an that was before the goddess made an entrance. "I think I'm going to be sick."

As the bone man's binding fell upon the goddess and took hold, Deidrick couldn't help the groan that escaped his lips as the discomfort of observing became too much, and he was forced to close off his fairy senses or fall out of the sky. "Y-yeah, we're going. Now!" He finally cleared his head enough to heed Aillil's warning. Pulling himself together, Deidrick summoned the wings of an Ariaelan albatross and flipped over backwards into a dive. Pulling his wings in tight to maximize acceleration, Deidrick kept Aillil close behind him as he plummeted without regard for the quickly approaching ground. Snapping his wings wide at only fifteen feet above the rooftops, Deidrick rocketed away from the castle at over 70mph with Ai in tow. 'Sorry for the wind... can't waste limited mental resources to shield you.' Of course, Diedrick was unaffected by the wind shear and G-force, compliments of his sky fairy affinity.

Desert Rose Desert Rose Kazanna Kazanna Isolde Isolde Enolx Enolx

Ailill Daly

Worry was gripping him and what Deidrick said, or thought, about the bone man didn't help whatsoever. Within himself he felt like freaking out but he forced himself to remain at least semi-calm. The elf would reek of fear, if anyone had the senses to notice that. Nothing was like the woman in that room or her owner... in his home there were only mortals. No deities existed before now in his head. There was little stronger than him or his family but here the game had flipped. Everything and everyone had much more power and experience than him. Even fancy names and abilities to go with it!

As he was beginning to be lost in his mind once again, Ailill felt the both of them plummet to the ground and they were like a missile headed towards it. He was freezing and nearly breathless due to the air that surged around them and at them. It was hard to even think anything other than the stress and the fear, much less speak. It was almost a crippling fear- something that Ailill had never really felt or experienced before this. Adrenaline? Sure. Morbid curiosity? Of course. But fear and tension at this level? Never in his 300 some year life had he quite had to go through this. Pure survival instinct and utter fear were the only thing on his mind at this point and as that deepened, the telepathic link between Deidrick and Ailill had broken. It didn't take much concentration or effort to keep it but it was impossible with how he felt at the moment.
Interacts- Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

Nyx, Goddess of War-

Nyx pouted slightly at what would be considered an insult if it weren't for the fact at how true it was. "These lands have been in peace for far too long...." She spat with bitterness.

The goddess tensed when Zekes grabbed her jaw and held firmly. She giggled again and licked her lips "mmm tighter..." she begged and frowned when he released her. Her focus changed to Angelo for a split moment and she grinned looking him up and down all too eager.

"Your power is so.... unique...." she whispered as she walked by him drawing a hand from his shoulder across his chest as she headed towards the window.

She saw the two leave and grew even more excited "oh.... a game of cat and mouse." she giggled all too thrilled.

The goddess took in a breath and let it out slowly as her entire demeanor changed Her skin began to smooth over and the markings were no longer seen as was ordered by Zekes to keep them hidden. "Time to come play." she giggled and instantly vanished.

She was curious to what sort of winged creature Diedrick was given she had never seen one before which only fascinated her even more. She watched the winged man plummet toward the ground and wondered if he was just going to fall and splat. The thought of them splattering on the ground made her wonder what they would taste like. Nyx smirked seeing him take off back up into the air.

"Well aren't you a clever little bird." She chuckled her red eyes falling them giving them quite the distance before she vanished in a puff of red smoke.

It took her a few moments to decide how she wanted to proceed and figured it'd be best not to kill them even if her master could bring them back to life. The game was over long before it even started. If they were strong enough the electric charge that was about to ensnare them wouldn't render them unconscious and hopefully not kill them. The charge began underneath them following their speed as red electricity began to encircle them and bring them to an abrupt halt.

"didn't you know.... pretty birds such as yourselves... belong in a cage for display." Nyx chimed as she appeared in front of them. "My master wishes to see you." She stated looking longingly at her prey. She raised a hand and a loud crack and thunder they were in the throne room the electric cage released. Nyx stood in front of the two her head tilted slightly "What are you?" She asked curious.

Ashton-

The elemental looked at Zekes with a cold glare and then down at Calcifer "You cannot hope to gain anything by enslaving the weakest god of Ariael. Nyx is nothing more but a mockery to the heavens. It's a shame really that you will receive the same amount of mockery." Ashton smugly spoke. After all the goddess couldn't even kill him.... then again he cheated that death at a rather great cost.

A dark grin fell on his face when Calcifer spoke of what was beneath the castle. "An elemental god that not even you can hope to destroy. A new god that will kill all gods and elementals in Ariael. Sorry to say but you won't have Nyx as your slave for very long." He chuckled quite proud of this new predicament. He still believed he had the upper hand in all of this.

Kazanna Kazanna Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly Isolde Isolde Enolx Enolx

Last edited:
Ailill Daly

Just as a small glimmer of hope for escape appeared in his mind, it was quickly shattered. Within moments, they were inside the throne room up front with the powerful people he wanted badly to avoid. Forcing himself to simply breathe, Ailill glared at the woman defiantly to mask the massive amount of anxiety and fear that was rising in him. The way she spoke and what she spoke were flat out unsettling and didn't help any. A single foot began to step back very slowly and he reached into the pocket of his pants as cautiously as he could without drawing much attention to it. Using his voice as a distraction, he continued lightly digging into his pocket and glaring at the woman.
"What do you want from us? It is not like we play any role in your little meeting here so let us go and you won't see or hear us ever again."

The elf felt the tip of his pen and reached down just a little deeper into the pocket, tightly taking hold on it since he'd almost certainly need it any second now. Ailill then suppressed his negative emotions just enough so that he could reestablish the telepathic link with Deidrick. He was beginning to get a hold of himself once again, even if he was still rather scared for his life. It wasn't as crippling anymore but it had, however, brought his headache to be worsened. Any magic he would use needed to be a last ditch effort or he'd simply pass out and be doomed for certainty.
'Any ideas or strategies?'

Zekes Liotre

There wasn't even a pause as Zekes fell into the stride of having power at his command once again. It may not have been immense, but it was a constant flow. That's all he needed, a trickle would have been enough, but in truth, Nyx had given him enough to begin his conquest. Stepping into the center of the room he knelt down and pressed his fingertips against the floor. The anti magic field vanished as he used Godborne magic's to counter the spell that had been there for years. Rising back to his full height, Zekes drew his bone dagger once more, and plunged it into his left hand, blood dripping onto the floor, he began to unleash another series of spells. The last blood orb had been used against Nyx, now, he had to use his own to prepare for the next god he was about to summon.

"With my gaze, I peer into the other world, the realm of the gods. I search for the name of the God of Magic of the realm of Arieal." There was a pause as Zekes gathered information from the other realm.

It was a sickening science, binding gods to a mortal body. He had been doing it for centuries, and was a master of it, but even still, it was a sick joke to be called a master at a craft that could be entirely modified based on the god being called upon. As the blood fell upon the floor, it began to form the same spell circle as the one he had used on Nyx, however, this one was filled with the information of what he wanted, what he was willing to spend, and who he was calling.

"I call upon Magna Veda, the Goddess of Spellcraft and Ethereal Power. Appear before me now, or be wracked by the suffering of ten thousand suns." He ordered coldly.

There was a pause, and then a small orb of power appeared in the center of the room, it gathered energy rapidly, until it began to expand. There was a moment of severe outlash from the orb, and it began to send a torrent towards Zekes.

His spell circle triggered and his eyes flared with red energy, the borrowed power from Nyx. He reached out and caught the energy beam with his left hand, grasping it as one might grasp a whip. He gave it a yank and tore its caster out of the Ethereal void of the Godly Realm. Magna Veda, the goddess of magic was neither amused, nor expecting a mortal to yank her out of her own realm.

"How?! What are you?!" She demanded in sheer irritation.

Magna Veda was a tall goddess, she stood at eleven feet all, her form proportionally larger for her height. Her body was slender, but she was beautiful regardless. Her form was coated in arcane runes, the laws of magic, laid bare upon the skin of a goddess. Her firey red hair that fell to her waist only complimented her brilliant green eyes that were filled with furious energy. Zekes stared upon the laws of magic within Arieal in utter disgust and shook his head at her.

"How dare you... You and the other gods robbed the people of these lands of that which occurs naturally, and bound them from use without a reliquary font? You truly are the worst kind of goddess Magna Veda. Now, Kneel before me." he ordered her, his voice booming in the throne room.

Magna was taken aback, no mortal had ever denied her power, had ever been able to counter her. She had made sure that none of them would ever be able to do so. As Zekes stood there defiantly, she increased the energy flowing through the arc, but was met with utter defiance. She looked at her right hand, which held the energy lance, and noticed the new runes that coated her skin. She gasped and tried brushing them off with her left hand, embalming it with a magic cleansing spell. She looked back up to Zekes as it didn't work.

"What have you done to me!? What is this filth?!" She screamed at him.

Zekes yanked the energy whip towards him, pulling Magna off balance. She couldn't understand how he had so much power, so much control over her. She began to read the runes as she fell forward, and realization struck her. She shuddered just before she felt to her knees, kneeling before him.

"Godcaller..." she spat out disgustedly, "I took those spells out of existence in this realm, so no one could use them, duplicate their effects, or ever attempt to use them. Even if they were from another realm, so how are you able to do so?" she demanded angrily.

Zekes leaned over slowly, his godborne eye flaring with blackened power, pure chaos dripped out of his eye socket, his other eye burning red with pure fury.

"I am Zekes Liotre, Necromancer, Godcaller, Demonancer. I am the enslaved servant of the god of Chaos, Keiros, The god of Destruction, Arachnos, The god of Order, Ordos, and the goddess of Creation, Aeros. They are the four divines of existence, and while you at the goddess who rules over power, it was their power that gave birth to all of creation in every realm. I am their harbinger, he who steps first into the darkness, and lives among the dead, that the rest of creation might not be cursed by their filth. You will submit to my will, Magna Veda, Or I shall unleash their horrid power upon you without hesitation." Zekes told her, his voice echoing throughout the room.

The chaos of his godborne eye bled out towards Magna, her eyes wide with sheer terror, she tried to pull back away from him. Zekes reached his left hand out towards her, holding her energy whip, and flicked it around her throat.

"So you'll submit then?" he asked her as she pulled away.

With a terrified nod, Magna agreed to his terms, her eyes looking to the runes, "Y-yes... I just don't want anything to do with them, that's all I ask, and once you're done in this realm, I want you to never return." She muttered as her demands.

Zekes paused, and frowned, "Why not?" he asked her.

There was a moment of sheer terror in her gaze, and Zekes frowned as she denied to answer him, "Answer me." he ordered her.

She lowered her gaze to the floor, "Don't wanna..." she muttered childishly.

His eyes went wide and he reached out towards her, taking her by the throat, darkness dripped onto her features from his godborne eye, "Do you think that my threats are in jest Magna?!" He roared at her. The darkness of his eye began to corrupt her and she screamed in agony, crying from the torment.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'll tell you! Please! Just stop! You'll corrupt me!" she screamed, sobbing as she tried to pull away from him. Releasing his grip on her, he pushed her back onto the floor. She landed on her backside, and pushed herself up, scrambling back away from him, "We bound all of the energy within this planets core. I don't want them to find it." She muttered.

Zekes snorted, "They knew the moment I got here. Disperse it to the population of mages present. Give us the power to deny the elementals conquest of your realm. You wont need to worry about that power anyways. You're bound to me at this point. You already agreed, before you made demands." He grinned at her, entirely amused at her misfortune. "You didn't even read my demands did you?" He asked her.

Magna's eyes went wide and she screamed in sorrow as she realized her panicked blunder. Zekes waved a hand at her, and her mouth was gagged, her eyes covered in a veil, her wrists and ankles chained. Her form rose from the floor and was dragged into the nether realm of the Ether. Zekes shuddered slightly as her power flowed into him. Pure arcane energy coursed into his veins, he felt his organs begin to liquefy as he barely contained the power of Magna Veda. He coughed and spat up blood. Shuddering, he drew the dagger back into his form and sat down heavily.

"Now that's some power... by the gods... I think I just almost died." He muttered as he focused on Actuate Blood's Effect to keep him alive.

Desert Rose Desert Rose Enolx Enolx Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly Isolde Isolde

Users who are viewing this thread

Back