• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Lost Book

Ailill Daly

Upon hearing this, the elf crossed his arms and tapped his right foot for a few moments. Coming to a decision, he unraveled his arms and allowed them to hang at his sides almost limply. The telepathic link felt somewhat weaker as his mind trailed off on its own but he quickly brought it back to the matter at hand- strengthening the link once again.

'In that case... it would not be sensible to jump to this Calcifer's aid. And if he truly does flaunt his focus item, then it seems doubtful that I would gain much knowledge from helping him. What little knowledge I could possibly gain from it would likely be tainted by him anyways. Should we leave the commotion to those who made it or should we stay and simply watch?'

Half of the time Ailill wouldn't even necessarily be speaking to Deidrick but some of his thoughts wound up crossing the link. Almost like how a person mumbles but those around them can still hear it. He looked at the now meditating fairy curiously and awaited a response or suggestion.

Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

Amala didn't understand the bandits words and simply approached him without slowing down nor speeding up, throwing her sword arm at the barbarian. To her suprise the barbarian matched her speed and managed to get his sword up to block her attack. Her expression stayed the same but her eyes slowly moved from looking at the bandit horde to looking at the bandit that blocked her attack. Needless to say she was impressed at the man, perhaps he would've made a good soldier in her army. But she didn't have time for it and grabbed the mans blade with her left gauntlet (free hand) and yanked it toward her so her blade would meet his throat. After that messy business was done she nonchalantly walked towards the rest of the bandits, her armored form seemingly sucked light around her and her armored dress dragging lightly behind. She was weaker during the day and she hoped that demonstration with the first barbarian signified she wasn't in the mood to talk.

The bear behind them went on a frenzy, commanded by Amala to keep on killing until it died, the large claws basically dismembering a bandit and its large mouth bit at anothers sword arm. Behind amala the bandit she had just killed started to rise and walk beside her.
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Kazanna Kazanna

Cefrey looked up to see the figure of Amala but instead of saying anything her eyes locked onto the dead Bandit coming back. "No that can't be right. How does she look so normal? How is she sane? That magic has driven people to lose anything that makes them human. How is she even standing?" Cefrey was primed to attack but she had to time this right or else that Cross fellow could keep his promise.

Kazanna Kazanna Petroshka Petroshka

Balfnaught was just about to begin his "lesson" for the elf when Arachnos stepped past him and held the elf by his throat.
"Seems I've been upstaged", he chuckled, and then laughed.
"I look like a fool now don't I? Hah! Ah well. I'll just have to deliver my punishment later on. To intrude on this would be rude".
Arachnos could easily have been mistaken for a demon, or a rabid beast as he savaged the elf.
"I've got to think of a name for him... Sharpears! That's it. I guess i'll just call him that until I learn his name."
The fairy girl perched on his shoulder again, once more returned to her smaller size. He really quite liked it. As Arachnos finished his beating and walked past him, dragging the universe's most unfortunate elf, he spoke to Balfnaught, and walked away.
"He probably does deserve more. I'll sit in on Arachnos later." The fairy also flew over to Arachnos, and asked about her eyes. Left on his own, Balfnaught decided to go see about having his "armor" made. He looked around at the assembled bandits, before seeing who he needed. It was the older smith from earlier, who had fought his protege at the behest of Arachnos.
"Greetings, smith. I have a request for you..."
Kazanna Kazanna
Desert Rose Desert Rose

Last edited:
Zekes Liotre

Regardless of Angelo's attempt at control over the blood magic, deflection wasn't so simple. The explosion was at a micro level, one that released in a vapor spray. If he had so much as breathed during the explosion, it would send corrupted particles into his system. In addition, the level of control Zekes pushed upon the blood was only one third of the spell, and as Angelo had gained knowledge of his bone and blood magic, Zekes' flesh magic was still unblockable without the third attachment. Flecks of flesh would pass through the deflection, as they were separated from the blood and bone, and an active part of their own spell.

Zekes was pushing his limitations without pacts. He felt sweat running down his back as his body screamed from the spellshock that wracked him. He ignored the pain, but it made him less focused.

"You claim it is your own magic how-" Zekes began, pausing as he noted Ashton, "No... You didn't just..." Zekes shuddered.

Turning to Angelo and Glory, his face filled with panic, "Leave ofis place, take the child, and leave! Now!" he roared.

Turning to Ashton, fury on his face, he slammed the base of his staff into the ground, releasing a surge of matter. Flesh, blood, and bone wrapped around Ashton in a surge, Calcifer was left abandoned, and Zekes focused his full attention on Ashton, his godborne eye tracing over him in a panicked way.

"What have you done? What have you done!?" he shouted, the material flesh cage tightening around Ashton rapidly, blades of bone sliding into his flesh.

It was then that his eye gathered information on Ashton, "What... You can't be... Why?" he questioned, his features looked visibly shaken as he drew the beholder eye out once more, channeling his own power into it to activate it and to combat the AMF.

"I Would HIGHLY advise you to cease your interference boy. It's only going to make things far worse for all of us momentarily. If I have to focus on maintaining all of my spells against your field, I won't be able to prepare for what comes next and we'll all probably die." Zekes growled at Angelo, clear frustration on his features.

Enolx Enolx Desert Rose Desert Rose

Arachnos
Glancing to Pandora, he shrugged lightly, "At currently, little one, I will do my best to gain the power to do so. I promise you, I will try. But do try to remain patient. Murdering five hundred million sentient beings takes a few days typically, a bit longer than that when one has no divinity." He explained.

He felt he had sat idle for too long, felt he had remained in the camp for far longer than he ought to have. Striding to it's edge, he was met by several of the bandits that were the former warlords armor detail. He stood tall among them as they strapped heavy plate armor to his body, it was equipment designed to resist spellforce, long ago thought useless due to Calcifer's efforts, Arachnos donned all but the head piece now, instead donning a grisly mail helm, the horn tips of several stags worked into the metal, flesh from several other beasts warped around it's edges. Taking up several weapons, a large bearded axe, two swords, a longbow, and a large quiver of arrows, Arachnos sighed as he worked the heavy gauntlets around each weapon, grimacing as he felt little connection to any of the tools.

"Pity..." he growled out as he took a step towards the outer edge of the camp.

His dark gaze moved from one edge of his surroundings to the other as he reached outward with his aura of influence, trying desperately to dip into his divinity. But alas his bindings were still present, the seals of his siblings had yet to lift. Even if Arieal's Magic item necessity applied to divine powers, Arachnos had no clue it was even a rule imposed against him, as his powers were all but sealed. Taking a step forward, he gauged how rapidly he would be able to move without injuring himself, and with a grin, he began to sprint into the woodlands. He had sent the bandits out to find targets, but he had planned to join the hunt once he had finished dealing with the camp. Now as he barreled into the woodlands, he smelled something long since vacant to him, and something he had not sensed in quite some time.

Undeath.

"It's... PLAYTIME!" He roared. The idea spread like wildfire among his followers, to those in the woods, and those who were elsewhere.

Arachnos leapt forward, drawing the axe, he slashed it powerfully forward, slicing a tree ahead of him down, he shot to the peak of it, and leapt from the peak of it as it pitched forward and snapped upwards in defiance to it's face. Riding the crashing fall, he caught the beard of the axe on a tree as he fell towards the ground, slowing his descent, he landed twice as far from the bandits camp as the tree had been tall. His actions would be heard by the bandits around Amala and Cefrey, and they would release a resounding battlecry.

The Bandits in the woods

"Oh, bloody hell, it's the new boss..." Cross muttered worriedly.

The other bandits turned towards Amala, and began to pull back slowly, knowing more or less by feeling what was coming.

Arachnos

Another tree fell to his might, and Arachnos once more mounted the peak of it. The forest had stood for hundreds of years, and as a result, it's trees were massive. Arachnos made good use of it's elders, turning them into single use springboards to speed him towards Cefrey and Amala's location. As he fell towards the forest floor once again, his axe held high, he roared loudly.

"I See You!" as his axe's head raced towards Amala's bears skull, the weapon thrown from the diminished gods' grip, his twin blades sliding out as he fell towards the group of bandits accosting Cefrey.

Landing heavily with a great crash, winced slightly, he had felt his left leg sprain slightly, but as he stood back up, to his full height, he pushed the limb back into place, resetting the sprain. Whipping his right blade to one side, he cut one of the bandits in half, just to test his swords edge.

"What did I miss?" He asked, a grin spread across his face.

Desert Rose Desert Rose
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi
Petroshka Petroshka
jole875 jole875
Petroshka Petroshka 's now decapitated bear.

Back at the Bandit Camp

The smith raised his gaze to Balfnaught, and nodded at him, "Oh, do ye now?" He asked gruffly, his old surly voice revealed he was only as refined as his outward appearance might reveal.

"Well, I've quite a bit of work to do, but as a guest of the master, I suppose I can spare some time..." He grunted out begrudgingly, "What will it be for ye Master... Balfnaught was it?" He said as respectfully as he could manage.

The old smith was a master at his craft, but he wasn't some courtly type, so he wasn't much one to be polite. Balfnaught was honestly getting special treatment.

Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1

Last edited:
Serena Le Muer

Wa-thunk.

Only a simple pull of a lever and a snap of Cal's fingers the three civilians lost there footholds and the wooden trapdoors fell and there bodies with it, three perfectly tied ropes around there necks, now hanging lifelessy in the slight breeze. Serana shut her lilac eyes tight from under her extravagant gold mask.

Not even the rain could drown out the sound of the straining ropes, the rain pelting the hard cobblestone, or the screams and shouts of rage the families cried out for their fallen. Cal walked up the hanging corpses, three men following behind him, each holding empty glass vials, his rippling golden silk cape flowing behind him, it made her flinch as she watched him slit one of the corpses throats, then did the same to the other two. The three men with vials rushed to collect the blood spilling from each.

This was a way for the mages to track down and keep a close on the grieving families, to make sure none fled the cities, or were conspiring against the crown.

Serana glanced up at the cloudy sky, tuning out the screams as a wet raindrop hit her cheek. These people had been innocent, but it didn't matter to Cal. An entire family hanged for one mans lie. A lie that she had called him on. Another family's death tolling on her behalf.

"I told you stop stop closing your eyes."

Serena snapped to attention, she resisted the urge to jump away from Cal, whom was now right next to her, so close she could feel his shoulder lightly grazing hers.

"It's hard not too when your hanging a child." Serana growled under her breath as she watched the men clean up the corpses, dragging them off the stage, clenching her jaw as they did so.

"Collateral damage." Cal dismissed with a wave of his hand, his expression blank and uncaring as he stared ahead at the crowd, which was currently being controlled by guards.

Serana whipped around to face Cal, her mouth working faster then her brain. "Collateral damage?!" She hissed out in complete shock and rage, "Are you completely insan-"

She was cut off by her own gasp as a faint clicking began to erupt in her skull. It sound like it was coming from inside her, which it was. The clicking started off as small but it quickly began to get louder and louder, the more louder it got the more it hurt. It made her knees weak and head feel as if though it weighed a thousand pounds.

Serana sank to her knees, she couldn't tell if she was screaming or not, all she knew is it hurt. She hadn't even noticed she was lying on her back, her eyes were squeezed shut from the pain. Not even a sound could come from her. It felt as though her skull was reverberating the clicks, she couldn't hear, or even see for that matter.

Cal stop. Cal please. Her mind begged him to stop. Cal stop your hurting me. But deep down she knew he couldn't read minds. He couldn't hear her silent cries because he was too busy torturing her.

The clicking began to ease and when she opened her eyes Cal was kneeling over her, staring at her like a curious boy with a new toy. Serana found herself panting, and sweating as it subsided. She also found her mask had been removed sometime in the process, slid up unto her forehead, she felt oddly afraid without it.

"Shhh," Cal said softly, a tone so quiet none but Serana could hear as he lightly stroked her cheek, his pale skin contrasting against her gray-tinted skin. "You know I don't like hurting you." He whispered calmly, his hand tightened on her jaw and she felt a loud click in her skull. "But you do not insult me, you do not question me, and you do not express your opinions unless asked." His tone was complete ice, she was suprised he didn't freeze her skin by the sound of his voice.

With those words spoken he stood up without a sound. By now most of the crowd had began to dispatch, some to bury there loved ones, others because the entertainment was over. Ever since the King, Cal's step father met his early, mysterious death, Cal had taken the throne and the land descended into chaos. Cal was only a couple years older then herself, and deep down he was just a spoiled little boy who didn't know what he was doing.

As Serana strained herself to stand up on her feet, she got the sense that something was very, very wrong. The crowds had thrown a variety of objects at Cal and the rest of them, but the mages had held them back with their own seals and magical shields. As Serana looked around she found an old book on the ground.

Waste of knowledge, she thought bitterly as she moved herself along the wall until it was at her feet. But who would hurl a book? Serana fell to her knees, too weak to bend she picked it up and opened it, she glanced back at Cal, who waved at her dismissively to follow, as if he hadn't just nearly killed her.

Serana looked turned back to close to the book but the moment she even glanced at the pages she dropped the book instantly, feeling a strange tugging sensation from the book. Serana opened her lips in a silent gasp before everything went black.

——

Trees.

The smell was so beautiful. It filled her with joy upon seeing the leaves of them, gently swaying high above her. This must've been another dream. But as she attempted to sit up Serana realized this was far from it.

The trees were unlike the ones at home, not even relatively close. These were big, lush, and as she looked around it would seem hard to navigate. Her head was throbbing, and her knees limbs felt as if there was hardly any blood in them. Cal's fault.

His power was her weakness, anyone's weakness in fact, and he knew exactly how to use it. At least wherever she was it wasn't relatively close to him. Serana caught her breath against a tree before she began to trudge off in one direction, praying to the gods that it would take her somewhere as she leaned against every tree in her path, occasionally stopping for breath. As she kept going, she could've sworn she heard cheering.

Last edited:
Amala stopped her advance when she heard trees tumbling in the distance and frowned when the bandits started to cheer for whatever reason. Her eyes slightly narrowed at the man who she saw ramming himself at her undead bear and promptly beheading it. The undead bandit she had just granted undeath to walked forward in front of her and began speaking. "you have just come in time to speak with m'lady" He bowed and gestured to Amala who spun her sword upside down and started to use it as a walking staff again. she analyzed the man who took out her bear in one fell swoop closely although to anyone else she looked blankly at him. He definitely looked strong and muscular but still another barbarian nonetheless. She was however disgusted when he slayed one of his own for no particular reason she could think of. "My Lady wants to know where the nearest town and cities are, if you grant her what she needs she will spare you all." The undead bandit was more animatronic at this point with no real free will although his soul was trapped and Amala was assuming direct control and using him as a interpreter for herself. She didnt give out her name just in case this was another land and not another realm, they might know of her and her kingdom and she didnt want that to happen... yet
Kazanna Kazanna Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Arachnos

The ancient God knew necromancy when he saw it, knew what Amala was better than she perhaps did. His right hand seemed to fidget, and the speaking bandits head rolled off of his shoulders, sliced in several peices. Arachnos nodded at the man's body as it fell at his feet.

"Well, then it would be polite of her to ask me herself." he said, his voice showing clear annoyance.

Turning his attention directly to Amala, he sheathed both of his blades, knowing there would be no combat between them worth using a weapon. Her body may have been necrotically enhanced, but if she lashed out, it would be a motion to disarm her, and not simply the removal of her weapon, but the arm wielding it.

"Lich, or Lichborne, I mind neither in honesty. But you shall not speak with the lips of another to me. Your own tongue will be suitable, or you can simply speak. My presence should allow that much." Arachnos ordered.

Glancing back to the other bandits for a moment, he motioned to them, "Unbind her. Return her equipment. She falls under my protection as of now." he said to them, ordering the release of Cefrey, "I said unharmed. You shall all be punished." he growled.

Arachnos' attention returned to Amala fully, waiting for her to reply, his dark gaze upon her in such a way that a wolf would look upon a rabbit.

Petroshka Petroshka Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Amala watched the barbarian cut down her interpreter and her eyes narrowed at him with disdain, she lightly tapped the ground beneath her with her staff's blade and the grass around it died. Green light could be seen moving outwards quickly like a light shockwave green auras permitted around her and the forest they were in. The corpses from Luxta's roundabout bandits and guards stood up as did the dead animals and long forgotten souls the area immediately went quiet with not even the winds making noise. Every corpse started talking in what sounded like an amalgamation of different emotions and tones heads of both the bandit that was slayn and the bear lit up with the same green aura. "How rude of you to slay my voice barbarian" Amala's mouth did not move. "shall i assume you wish death or will you give me the information i requested?" There was a pause before the corpses said again. "Is what our Mistress says"

Amala wasn't impressed by the bandit and she thought twice about killing him right there but he would make for a good lich under her banner, he certainly needed more civilizing but she had to find out more about this realm she was in. She stared at him with eyes that a king would stare at a slave, insignificant, all to serve under her.
Kazanna Kazanna Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Sillifrey
A Bandit dashed through the woods seeming to be running from something. He had a book in his arms. A fresh steal from some unlucky caravan. He stopped for a moment to take a look at the book. However that was quickly interrupted by a lone arrow going through one of his hands. "AHH!" the bandit shouted as he released the book and stumbled back in pain.

From the trees a lone Elven woman jumped down with a Longbow drawn and an arrow already to fire. But she said no words. And fired the arrow hitting the guy in the heart. "And that was for the reward of 50 gold on your head murderer." Sillifrey said as she put her weapon away. But then her attention turned to the book. She had no idea why a bandit with the kill count of 20 or so had gone and stole some sort of book. In truth the only thing that seemed out of place was a loose paper. "Oh look he must have caused it to tear... Maybe a look wouldn't hurt." She reached down only for the page to fall out. "Wait a minute. This page doesn't even look like the rest of the pages." Sillifrey picked up the page wondering what it came from. Thankfully it was common but even then the way it was written made if feel like gibberish to Sillifrey. But in what felt like a blink she felt like she was yanked into darkness.

In the next moment she was no longer in the forest. But near some form of town. But in a split second Sillifrey was already running towards the forest she would be nice and safe in. Well for her tastes anyway. She had no idea what form of plane she was in but she did not want to figure out if the locals would want to kill her on sight or not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cefrey

Upon hearing the mans orders Cefrey was almost quick to try and take off. She didn't want to be under a bandit leaders protection. And in all honesty the man terrified her. And with luck he wouldn't notice her as she tried to get away. "Please don't notice me. Just have to get my Lute and get out." She frantically thought as she was ready to spring up and bolt.

Arachnos

With a shake of his head, Arachnos' shoulders slumped. He stared at Amala with genuine dismay.

"No, Lich, You can understand me. So you use your own tongue now. I won't speak to puppets. Even if I am fallen, I won't speak to a puppet of a fly." Arachnos explained.

He paused, considering what he had said.

"Unless... your tongue rotted out... Did it rot out? Did your tongue rot out of your head? Is that why you're not using your own mouthparts? I can get you a new one if you'd like. They're not rare, just cut a human's out, and swallow it, then use your magic to knit the damage together. I imagine you can preserve flesh for quite some time can't you?" He said in a mocking way.

Either way, Arachnos had given her the offer of proper discourse, he had done so in his own way, and he had been slapped in the face. Be it as it may that it wasn't physical, it was still a slap in the face when she ignored his directive.

"Speak now, or the next sounds out of your mouth bits will be the rattle of your second dying." he said with a cheery smile, his hand reaching back to take the axe that one of his barbarians had retrieved for him.

He held the haft of the weapon in his massive, gauntleted hand. Lich or no, Arachnos had no fear of magic, he knew how it worked, knew it took time to cast spells, and that concentration was required to accumulate that time. He also knew how to turn a mage "off" through physical means, and unless Amala was a teleporter, he could get to her long before any spell she wrought upon him would do more damage than a light graze. His body may have been limited, but his form was still physically stronger and faster than anything within the realm of Arieal naturally.

Petroshka Petroshka
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Amala slightly smirked once she saw irritation on his face. "That is not how this works savage" the corpses said once again, the ground beneath started to rumble as the bones of a much larger creature started to move. Everyone could now see the aura's all going towards Amala souls and life being consumed by her, the ground below her became barren as she stood still. The grip on her staff became tighter as she was starting to get impatient with the barbarian.
Kazanna Kazanna
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi
(i didnt know what else to write sooo)

Cefrey
Upon seeing whatever the woman was doing Cefrey went from not wanting to be noticed to... Well wanting to get out of there and fast. She no longer cared for not getting Noticed. She sprung forward trying to grab her Lute and sprinting as fast as she could. "I seriously picked the worst time ever to leave that Demon possessed sword back at my quarters! In fact it's the worst time period to have left all of my good equipment at my quarters!"

Last edited:
Ashton, Calcifer, and Lilith-

Calcifer noticed the panic in Zekes face and belted out a huge amount of laughter. "What's the matter? Did you realize your filthy strange scum is not welcomed here by the gods?" He mocked the man very pleased to see him so nervous. However, his voice fell silent when the man suddenly attacked Ashton.

Ashton listened to Calcifer mock the necromancer and could only shake his head at the foolishness of his ruler. He listened to the concerns of the necromancer slightly pleased with this outcome but he still knew the consequences that could potentially occur.

"oh.... right..." He started to say as he looked down at his body getting impaled with sharp bone daggers. He tried to noticeably wince and grimace. "ow!" he tried to make it sound worse.

Enolx Enolx Kazanna Kazanna

In the Marketplace

"Directly in my way is where ye are." a voice would murmur near her.

A man clad in dark leather would be standing just behind her, brushing himself off of straw. She had landed in the pile he had been hiding within. So he hadn't moved until she had, not wanting to cause a fuss, but he had plied his craft, raising his fingertips up, he held the gem he had relived her of.

"Interesting bauble here, Almost looks like a magely trinket..." He muttered, just low enough that only they would hear his words.

He glanced to their left, a set of guards stood there, bantering among themselves, laughing at something stupid that one of them had just said.

"Don't reckon you're from around here, had a moment to catch a whiff, and you smell a lot different than what's always been the common trash around here. So I'm guessing you don't know 'bout the fact that your kind aren't welcome here so much as they're hunted to death." he said with a raised brow, a grin across his face.

His fingertips were quick, as was his wit, few matched him in those parts, but the guards at the edge of their view, they were his current problem, She was simply a distraction that had appeared.

"Care to make a deal pretty?" he offered ominously, holding her gemstone just out of reach.

Alyce-Marie Alyce-Marie

hot-ahri1-s600x866-414325.jpg

as.png
Tags: Kazanna Kazanna

Lux Arabella Rivers

Instinctively, she touched her pale neck to find that her charm was no longer on the silver chain. Lux set her golden eyes on the man who held her life force, almost feeling empty without it around her neck. "If you don't hand me that back, I swear I will send your ass into the voids and keep you there." Her tone was icy and a certain heat rose up inside her. The dark haired woman crossed her arms, ignoring everyone around her but him. She had no idea who this man was nor did she care. She would use every tactic she had learn to get her Ball back. Lux held her hand out. She was in no mood for games when she had no idea where she was in general. It ticked her off. And why wasn't she welcomed here? They all look like normal people for the most part and so did she to a point.

Code by Cecilia

Continuing to meditate, Deidrick noted that he was indeed actively regaining his lost mana, but the process was more mentally intensive than he remembered. Sending across mental images of his steadily rising mana reserves, Deidrick replied to Ai with his own thoughts before answer his questions. 'It would seem that magical foci isn't the only restriction Ariael places upon casters. That or I am just focusing inappropriately, which is just as viable. Anyway, we should stick around and observe the situation. As a goddess, I suppose I have responsibility to bear witness, even if I cannot interfere.' The eye roll was quite apparent over the telepathic link as Deidrick tried to find a different way to stimulate his mana to regenerate.

'Ai you use a strange form of magic. Is there anyway you would have a spell to help regain lost energies? I realize that your ability is not quite up to scratch currently, but anything is better than nothing." Normally, Deidrick wouldn't be sharing the state of his mana or asking for help, but he could tell that Ai was the trustworthy sort. Must be a fae thing, even across dimensions. Besides, he could easily crush the elf if he trie to betray Deidrick; he was still coated in Deidrick's fairy dust, after all.
Isolde Isolde Desert Rose Desert Rose

Ailill Daly

Listening to what Deidrick was thinking across the link, he nodded. It did seem wise to wait and see what happened at the very least, although he wasn't quite sure why it was that Deidrick kept referring to himself as a goddess. As odd as it was, Ailill found it even more so odd when he was asked if he was capable of restoring mana. A supposed goddess asking for help in the mana department would have sounded more funny if he wasn't in another dimension with another from yet an entirely separate dimension from the one they were in and from his home. He thought hard for a few moments and gave a small, slow nod.
'In theory, yes. I should be able to do so but I believe it would be less of a mana generation and more of a mana transfer. Again, I'm not entirely sure if it would make sense to the magic of this world, but back in my own I was capable of at least transferring mana to another. This should at least somewhat work but it would be near impossible to tell how well it will work until I make an attempt.'​

With this being said- or rather thought- Ailill gave a quick cheeky smile before instantly trying to set into motion the idea. Not only to aid this obviously valuable ally, but to sate his curiosity a little. He let his pen dance around on his fingers in a fluid motion to match the rhythm before gently holding the end of it against Deidrick's chest, just above the heart.
"Let this energy flow, to one with weakened soul..."

A few moments of silence passed and the elf became worried. He had felt a drop in energy and a small headache had come on, so he knew something must've occurred. How successful the transfer had been was rather questionable though since it could have easily just drained him without passing it to Deidrick.

Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

'Was that it?' Deidrick didn't mean it, but his tone came across as snide. He'd sensed the power leave Ai, but instead of pouring into him, it flowed down his arm through the pen and was then throttled to a trickle. Most of the energy he'd tried to shift leaked out into the air without ever making the jump. What little power he did receive flowed around his body and was absorbed through his scarf. Without missing a beat, Deidrick released a cloud of faury dust into the air to catch the rest of the power before it dissipated. As the fairy dust suddenly grew brighter with power, he drew it into himself and sighed.

'I'd suggest never doing that again. The power spilled out of your pen instead of flowing to me, and it seems like the transfer tax is too high for it to be a viable recovery means. The power I received wass barely enough to light a candle.' Deidrick opened his eyes and looked Aillil up and down. 'You don't look too fresh there Ai.' He sent along an image of the slightly pained expression on Ai's face.

'Luckily, I have developed my own method of getting magic from the atmosphere, so very little of your power was wasted.'

Isolde Isolde

Ailill Daly

Ailill sighed in disappointment. At least, now he knew not to do that again. That it only drained him here unlike how it worked back at home. The image of his somewhat pained face flashed across his mind briefly. It was odd to see himself and it made him worry a little. Perhaps magic was even less expendable here than it was in his own world. This world did indeed have quite an odd and weak way to utilize magic and the elf was beginning to become somewhat frustrated. He sighed once again and looked on the bright side.
'At least you did get some energy out of that and it was not entirely wasted. This land is much too different from my own.. my magic drains faster, the effects are a bit more harsh.'​

Of course he did have a headache and that was usual, but it was a rather intense one and he felt like he could already sleep a whole day away. A childish voice in the back of his head said that it was stupid. The elf simply managed a small smile and a nearly inaudible giggle at the tiny childish voice in the back of his head. It was the voice of the adolescent version of himself. For an elf, adolescence is more like ignorant childhood. Simplistic and naive. Pure and quick to call things stupid. Had Ailill been an adolescent right now, he would have easily said how dumb he thought this place was.

However, this elf was in early adulthood and not adolescence, so he was more intrigued. He wondered how this place could function without more powerful magic. Here, would wounds have to naturally heal? The thought was an odd and somewhat foreign one to Ailill. His mind drifted and daydreamed until it was brought back to reality when the headache worsened just a little bit.

Twitching slightly, his slender hand shot up and tried to massage his forehead so that it would calm just a bit. It worked decently enough for his face to go from cringing in pain to simply irritated.

'I wish I could be at my full power here but this world.. it weakens me and my magic.'

Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

Sillifrey- Some odd camp (Arachnos' camp)

Sillifrey kept running for a solid amount of time. She had no clue where to go or anything like that. But at the moment she had no idea where to go. Well that was until she saw what looked to be a camp through the trees. However she was not quick to burst in expecting anyone friendly. But with a good bit of sneaking and some well timed Mist steps could result in her seeing what was going on without being detected. All it she had to do was not get spotted and everything would be fine. And if she did get spotted, hope that she didn't have to fight. And with that Sillifrey made her first Misty step. Hoping to remain out of sight as her being quickly dispersed into mist.

Two Eyes One Nose

There was a severe pause in his response, his face took on an almost entirely blank look as he seemed to draw into his own mind for a long moment.

"This is the Kingdom of Arieal, The current ruling body is the Grand Mage-King Calcifer, He is a mage of respectable power and currently one of few remaining in the land. He was formerly the Grand Court wizard to the last ruling family until through a Coup d'état, he took control of the throne." Two Eyes One Nose replied mechanically.

His face seemed to clear, and he blinked several times, "But the boss says he's gonna take over everything. I figger he's biting off more than he can chew though." Two Eyes One Nose explained, his earlier demeanor returning rapidly.

It was an odd glitch in the man, he had perfect recall, and his information gathering skills made him a master spy without even meaning to be as such. The only flaw was, he was entirely honest, so if he was ever caught and questioned, he would be without resource to prevent his own demise.

"Wot's yer greater Agenda Miss?" he asked innocently. In all honesty, He had no real reason to ask beyond his own nature of curiosity.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

The Thief in the Market

He eyed her for a long moment, considering her threat. He had lived his whole life under the threat that he was going to have his life burned. That everything he loved and cared about would be destroyed. Mages had done enough of that, and he had never much cared for it. He had always been put to boot by them, and now, when the tables were finally turned against them, he had another threatening him. Not taking his eyes off of her, he spun the gem into his hand neatly and shook his head.

"I don't think so lass. You'll have to do a lot better than that to threaten the likes of me. Besides. Without this, I reckon the most you can do is low tier magic. If ya do, the guards there would have ye in Calicfer's dungeon before the day's out, and this trinket would be added to his collection. Curious though... Why would you be in the city to begin with? Mage's are hunted relentlessly." he explained, "Figured most of the remaining would have fled to the winds."

He wasn't as physically imposing a figure as most, but his equipment showed he was more than a match for someone without powers, as she would find herself to be currently. Agility, and lithe subterfuge was his mastery, he needed few weapons, though the edges of several sheaths and the pommels of partly concealed weapons would be apparent beneath the cloak he had around himself.

"Threats will get you nowhere... Bargaining, now that's what you ought to be doing." He said with a sly wink and a grin.

Alyce-Marie Alyce-Marie

Zekes Liotre

His intense gaze never left Ashton. He had figured out part of what was going on, and who was really in control. His right hand rotated on his wrist, his fingertips ending in a slicing motion followed by a crushing fist. Calcifer's throat would hemorrhage internally, blood would flow down the back of his trachea, and he would taste more than a small amount of blood.

"Silence you fool! You've no idea what he's just done!" Zekes hissed out.

The damage to Calcifer would be momentary, as Zekes control mended the damage. It was meant to put Calcifer in his place, rather than actually harm him. Returning his attention fully to Ashton, he began to consider his options. Ashton had sent a flare more or less, one that would summon any wary god, most likely a primal source. He had to act, and rapidly, to keep the situation from deteriorating further. A primal source would be something easily dealt with and bound to his will... if he had the energy to do so. He reached up to his neck and touched the pendant that rested there. He had used it to fuel his combat with Angelo so far, but now he had to deal with something that was on a natural level of creation when it came to power. Zekes was powerful, truly, and he was able to bind most demonic creatures and the undead to his will with but a few motions. But a primal source, or anything stronger, and he would be without options unless he prepared a sigil there and then.

"No, You'll not be the death of me." Zekes growled out as he gathered himself.

Drawing the majority of the blood back into a single point, he created an orb that was exactly an inch across. The compressed blood shuddered under it's own mass as it began to warp space due to the compression that it was under. Reaching out, he took the orb in his gauntleted fist, and then, kneeling down, he pressed it against the floor. His godborne eye opened wide as he began to use it's power, combined with the runes coating his body, and the power reserve in his amulet to spread the massive sigil needed to bind a god to a mortal without a massive amount of sacrifice. Zekes left a few key parts out of the seal as he began to finish the trace lines. He examined the power needs and grimaced. It would cost him several years of his life force to bind the creature blindly, so he began to prepare his secondary magics to prevent the massive damage that would wrack his body visibly, in exchange for the true cost of the spell.

"Prin voința sângelui meu, mânia sufletului meu și ură față de cei care m-au legat de voia lor, îți cheam numele, îți invoc ura, furia și mânia ta, cer cererea ta pentru mine La costul meu. Nu mă vei lepăda de mine, indiferent de casa din care urci, îmi vei supune voinței și prezenței mele. Răspundeți la chemarea mea acum, demon sau dumnezeu, vă veți supune voinței mele." His voice grew deep as he prepared the spell, his godborne eye shimmering as it bound itself to the spell.
By the will of my blood, the anger of my soul, and the hatred of those that have bound me to their will, I call upon your name, I invoke your hatred, your fury, and your anger, I demand your submission to my will at my cost. You shall not deny me, regardless of the house from which you hail, you shall submit to my will and presence. Answer my call now, demon or god, you shall submit to my will.

Reaching into the other powers at his command, he took a deep breath and made several other pacts rapidly, the runes on his face began to shimmer and exposed exactly how much damage he was about to take to any who would be able to read them. Angelo with his abilities, would be able to see the exposure of the topical runes, and perhaps deeper, as they would show the spell in a defined language.

"मेरे बलिदान से, शक्ति आती है, उस शक्ति से, सटीक आती है, उस परिशुद्धता से, नियंत्रण आता है। विनाश, अराजकता, निर्माण, आदेश, मैं उन चार दिव्य देवताओं को बुलाता हूं जिन्होंने मुझे अपनी शक्ति के साथ शाप दिया है मैं उन ताकत की मांग करता हूं जिन्होंने उन्होंने अपने बलिदान के लिए वादा किया था, और अब मुझे उनकी प्राथमिकता की आवश्यकता है, ताकि मैं अपनी इच्छा पूरी कर सकूं।" Zekes spoke rapidly in another language, his Godborne eye darkening and issuing forth a horrid aura of corrupt power.
From my sacrifice, comes power, from that power, comes precision, from that precision, comes control. Destruction, Chaos, Creation, Order, I call upon the four divines who have cursed me with their power. I demand the strength that they have promised for my sacrifice, and I require their preicision now, that I might continue to carry out their will.

With a sigh, he slowly relaxed, the runes coating the floor were slowly rotating, leaving Zekes' form and rejoining it in a rotation that left trails of blood upon the floor of the room. The AMF on the floor rapidly broke down, corrupted by the power of the dark gods Zekes worshipped.

"Now... Show me your god." Zekes Challenged Ashton.

Desert Rose Desert Rose
Enolx Enolx

(A/N: The spoilers are Translations of what he's saying, it's what command words for the spells, but not necessarily all that the spells do, nor will they exactly be bound to the rules he laid in place because he left several sections of the spell rotating on the floor blank so that he can fill them in on the fly. Until he knows exactly what he's dealing with, he can't bind/counter the creature, as we haven't really agreed on what it's going to be, if anything, he's basically prepping for anything "Divine.")

'Don't feel so down about it. You're not the only one being ill affected by Ariael. My mana is recovering at nearly 24% of its normal pace here. Come one, let's get a better vantage point into the throne room.' Without waiting for his consent, Deidrick took to the sky and mnetally carried Ai along for the ride. Resummoning his grey wings, Deidrick raced around the castle until he and Ai were gazing through the wall of windows that shone into the throne room, and the macabre scene within.

'Well, it isn't nearly as bad as I expected.' Deidrick cast a glance towards Ai with a disturbingly cheerful expression before returning his gaze to the throne room. He could easily sense the magic, or lack thereof, of everyone in the room. 'I guess the weak one is Calcifer. The rest except that mage being crushed, are most likely Outsiders like us. The scary one with darkness written on his bones is interesting. I wonder if my dust could even brighten him...'

Isolde Isolde
(Dont know if anyone inside will notice them but)
Kazanna Kazanna Enolx Enolx Desert Rose Desert Rose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back