• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Little Things (Original murder mystery with Witches, Jazz and Seafolk)

Headphones

Horse Doctor
Roleplay Type(s)
font callfont callfont call
Sardo Ramene found shot at the beach! First big murder of the new century!
Tubero, Judgedom Province of Cagliari - May

As our judges guard the law, so to do we defend the truht.

{Custas Vegadas}
16 May
1KN2jcT.jpg
you can use any vertical ratio image
Sardo Ramene, outstanding public figure, business associate, accountant and founder of drink-and-dance houses "Blue Flamingo", was found dead by the shore on the outskirts of town in the early morning on the 15th of May. Direct cause - several bullet wounds to the chest from a nonmagical handgun, model yet to be determined. His death comes as a bolt of lightning to all who knew and didn't know him, as Ramene was affable and a gentleman, having many close acquaintances and partners in and out of the Province, few enemies and no prosecutions. He was well-known for his entertainment establishments and willingness to lend a charitable hand to various construction and artistic projects, as well as several Jeans circles. Well-read, judicious and down-to-earth, he was an accomplished man of modern times, whose end comes far too soon at the age of 38 years.
Witnesses say that on the night of the murder Ramene went out with two of his men, the guard Cicone Meloni and the Jean and part-time guard Alessi Piscadori, going to the tailor on Fressia street and the Corneddu watchmaker. Before heading to the beach for a stroll, Ramene sent Meloni home because of the man's foot pain, leaving him alone with Piscadori, the current prime suspect. Unfortunately, dead men tell no tales and neither will Piscadori, whose body was found at the scene with several punch bruises and Ramene's knife lodged into his abdomen.

Such a meditated murder has not been heard of in the Judgedom of Sardinia in over 50 years, marking itself as the first assassination of a notable individual in the 20th century. Although appearing as a straightforward case of a disgruntled employee falling off the ledge, there may be more to it than that.
Who is Alessi Piscadori? A goodnatured youth from a fisherman's family, who was called by the wonders of the sea and became an adventurer, to glide upon and dive into the waters of our homeland and beyond? His friends and locals describe him as such, one fellow Jean saying "He hadn't in him to crack open a crab, much less shoot a man". If so, why would someone as harmless as Piscadori reach the point of no return? The victim was indeed a man of high-class, but not of low morals. Could it have been debt or a sweet-and-salty mistress singing her song into his ear? Or, perhaps, there was another 'invisible man', the third person, who shot one and blamed the other? The sands swallowed up their footprints overnight, the sea ever so azure though innocent blood flows within it.
The Guard has opened an investigation on the murder, yet refuse to share any current findings for the time being. We will be following closely and report any updates to the citizens of Sardinia. Though the sea stays silent, we shall voice the truth to the people and The Iudex so that justice may prevail.
there
he was
"Mr. Ramene sent me home when he noticed I was having trouble keeping up the pace."
Cicone Meloni says.
He has been a part of Ramene's personal security for some 5 years. "My foot's been bad for awhile, but I'm a man. A little pain wasn't going to stop me from working. The boss saw me limping a bit that night and told me to go home." But, de facto, he didn't. He went to the Leon, a local pub. "I was off work early, so I went for a drink or two. Before I got drunk, a couple of acquaintances saw me and suggested I go home before my wife decides to look for me herself. So I up and left. You can ask Toni himself."
speaks
the curadore
The Tubero municipality's curadore,
Dr. Diegu Luche
, has stated that "this is a criminal case of great importance not only for the province of Cagliary, but for the entire Judgedom of Sardinia. We will uphold justice and arrest those responsible." He explains that while the guard is actively gathering evidence every day, there is a need for time in order to examine the gathered intel, the privacy of which is still maintained, due to its sensitivity. We currently await the local council to chose a date for a proper interview with the curadore, as promised.
chance
meeting by
"Sardo was a thoughtful man. He made sure to take care of himself well. A stroll on the beach at night doesn't sound like something he wouldn't do. A shame he had to go so soon. With him, nothing was ever personal. He was a good business partner, that was all."
Ms. Gràssia Linnarbu
tells us during a chance meeting on the street. It is well-known that the witch-boss of Sweetrose Potionarie and the diseased Ramene sponsored each other and could be seen together at events. We hurry to say, dear readers, that as Ms Linnarbu said, they were only business partners and no evidence has ever been presented to prove the contrary. From her statement, we can infer that Ramene went on walks at night. Did the killer know well in advance and decided to take his chance?
morgue
from the
"If you or anyone else comes here one more time, I'll put YOU in stasis."
Dr. Natali D'Amore
warns. Nothing more can be mentioned about the state the diseased was found in. He was pronounced dead on site and was transported to the local morgue, where his body is being preserved through cooling magic so that it can be available for examination during the course of the investigation. Ramere has been included in the weekly prayer for the dead at church. His name will be mentioned until the day of his funeral, which will take place after the case has been closed.
Notes
Clear-and-Cute has new patterns! Come change your old clothes into brand new ones with limited edition prints!
Blue Flamingo still open. Big party postponed for next week.
Business as usual at the Leon. 10% off on Fridays.
Looking for love. Local witch, female, 72, widowed with three independent children. Looking for a black lion to purr by her claudron. If interested, contact the newspaper.
Seapeople report missing relic. Description "important, old and not fragile".
Hello, everyone.
Since you've made it to the end, we take it that we've piqued your interest, no? I, Headphones, and my co-GM, Silvercurrent, welcome you to our murder mystery magic madness or, simply, "The Little Things". This is an original project that is set in an alternate version of the 20th century, full of witches, seafarers and all that jazz. Since it was, quite literally, born from a 3AM conversation where one person said "swashbucklers and mermaids" and the other - "witches and jazz", you don't need to know anything, other than what we've already laid out in the Lore thread.
We are looking for 6 to 8 participants to join us in our endeavour. You can expect a relaxed atmosphere, flexible pacing and plenty of support from us. If you would like to learn more, go ahead and click any of the links bellow or to the side to familiarise yourself with the rules and setting, or ask us questions directly here, in this thread.
Happy writing!
PS: Dear Genshin Impact players, We swear that things such as judges, "iudex", jazz and the like, which may evoke within you a recollection of Fontaine, are absolutely coincidental. Seriously. Go look up the history of Sardinia like we did when we were doing our research. "The Little Things" was conjured up and mostly finished at the end of August and in September, before either of us had reached or seen anything of Fontaine. That being said, we also play Genshin, but we are not from the crazy side of the fandom, rather, we don't participate in the fandom, but we will be happy to discuss the game on the side.

The template above is scrollable! You can scroll the text in each part to read more or scroll on the side to reach the next section. The second part can also move sideways. If you are on a computer, use your arrow keys. You know you've reached the end when you see the direct GM message with link buttons bellow it.

All of the links in the template above work. Please, remember to read through the "Lore". When applying, post your Character Sheet in "Applications". If you have any questions whatsoever, please, feel free to post them here! There are no stupid questions. We love discussing with everyone!

Credits
We would like to thank fluticasone for the amazing templates we used for the Interest Check and the NPC boxes, Nano for the templates we used for "Lore" and "Applications" and Ambiloquous for these helpful codes in this post.

Deadline
Scheduled date for Closing applications: January 31
Midway Check in: January 26
Applicants who have been officially accepted will receive an invite to the official Discord, and will be notified promptly if they are not accepted.

Hello~ ^0^/

I'm still working my way through the locations on the lore page, but I have to say that all of your worldbuilding has been impeccable so far!

Hello~ ^0^/

I'm still working my way through the locations on the lore page, but I have to say that all of your worldbuilding has been impeccable so far!

Thank you! We put in a lot of love and dedication to the details! If there's anything you need clarification on at any point, feel free to ask!

Hello! ^^ I'm definitely interested, and I did my best to read through all the lore- but I do have some questions, because I don't want to get anything wrong. Is it possible to have a lower ranked/ordinary member of the Guard, or is that profession completely off limits to make a character for? And if it is possible, would you only be able to use a powerless human for it, or are witches or seafolk allowed in that profession too?

Hello! ^^ I'm definitely interested, and I did my best to read through all the lore- but I do have some questions, because I don't want to get anything wrong. Is it possible to have a lower ranked/ordinary member of the Guard, or is that profession completely off limits to make a character for? And if it is possible, would you only be able to use a powerless human for it, or are witches or seafolk allowed in that profession too?
Good question! it's totally possible for any Sea person, Witch or Spelless (human) to occupy a lower position of the local guard. Regarding the murder case in the story, if you went that route you'd have pretty limited knowledge to start with, but potential to gain more! especially as a patroller, or maybe as far but no higher than a constable. Sea folk are expected to have a certain rapport with the Land folk in order to work under their local area, but it wouldn't be out of possibility! *As for Witches, since Witches are Land folk, they'd be quicker for hire in a position like that. Hope that helps and do let us know if you have more questions! ^^

Last edited:
I hope everyone is having or has had a wonderful Monday!
It gladdens me to see that people are interested in our little project. We're still quite open and accepting interest-throws and character sheets, so don't worry if you're taking your time with the lore.

To quote our "Applications" thread, post 1, "Requirements" tab, section "basics 001": "If you want to work at an established location, absolutely feel free to ask us!"
That being said,
MoonLegend101 MoonLegend101 : Looking forward to seeing your idea! Shall Chief Mura gain an ally or nuisance, only time will tell.
SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles : Please, chose a different workplace for your character. (Quote Bistra's introduction: "The owner and first of two employees of Cafe Ambrosia.")

I hope everyone is having or has had a wonderful Monday!
It gladdens me to see that people are interested in our little project. We're still quite open and accepting interest-throws and character sheets, so don't worry if you're taking your time with the lore.

To quote our "Applications" thread, post 1, "Requirements" tab, section "basics 001": "If you want to work at an established location, absolutely feel free to ask us!"
That being said,
MoonLegend101 MoonLegend101 : Looking forward to seeing your idea! Shall Chief Mura gain an ally or nuisance, only time will tell.
SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles : Please, chose a different workplace for your character. (Quote Bistra's introduction: "The owner and first of two employees of Cafe Ambrosia.")
Ah sorry about that, I had been talking to Silver about possible cafes my character could work at and she was the one that suggested Cafe Ambrosia

Check-in!
Hello again! It’s me- GM Silver!

Today’s the 26th of January, the day Phones and I decided to check in on anyone, and everyone who’s shown interest so far! This isn’t us closing anything, merely letting you know we’re still active and keeping an eye on the thread~

We want to thank you so much for checking us out, even if it wasn’t your cup of tea! If anything feels confusing or you have any question, help with character inspiration or anything else, feel free to DM Headphones or myself! Or talk amongst the interest check~

We’ll be aiming to close up interests and applications by January 31, but if folks who are still very interested need an extension, we’re willing to do one for a week. Feel free to let us know if you’d like one when the time comes! Until then, have a wonderful week!

I'm still interested.

I've got a journalist in the works, one who was born in Sardinia but left for all of his adulthood, up until now. He covers disasters and/or social issues in his articles in attempt to draw attention to them. Upon returning, he's started to write a few more indulgent works before he was drawn to Piscadori's accident.

Still working on filling out his sheet and finding faceclaims though.

Last edited:
I'm definitely still interested too! I might end up needing a little more time because college classes have been pretty rough, but I've been working on a character submission as well. ^^

I'm still interested.

I've got a journalist in the works, one who was born in Sardinia but left for all of his adulthood, up until now. He covers disasters and/or social issues in his articles in attempt to draw attention to them. Upon returning, he's started to write a few more indulgent works before he was drawn to Piscadori's accident.

Still working on filling out his sheet and finding faceclaims though.

ohh that sounds interesting! and no worries, also sorry about your account ;; that's the worst. but looking forward to seeing what you end up with!

I'm definitely still interested too! I might end up needing a little more time because college classes have been pretty rough, but I've been working on a character submission as well. ^^

No worries! if that ends up being the case we're happy to give an extension, i know how much a time vortex school stuff can be. i hope its an enjoyable experience :>

Deadline announcment!
Hello again! It’s me- GM Silver!

Well, well, look at the date. Time flies, hm? Especially on Forum RP, where time speeds by… haha!

Today would have been the end of the deadline for applications, but since we heard some folks may need more time, we decided to go ahead and leave the interest check up for 1 week. So far we have 2 applications being processed carefully. It won’t take us long to finish all applicants should we get more by next week. It may seem a bit strict, but we’ve got everything ready to go and are eager to start getting folks into the action and having fun!

Feb 7th is the official end date, of course with a buffer of an early post CST time right now.

In the event we don’t get more applicants, we’ll update folks on what we plan to do. Thanks again for checking out “The little things”, and stay creative and have fun. If anyone has any questions or wants to look over things more, you have a whole week and us GMs are your disposal. Happy RPing~

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back