• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Library

Hercynia

Island of Thoughts
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
There's a prophecy... a prophecy that a great evil will befall every world... And only seven of the most courageous, bravest, pure heroes will be able to defeat this evil. Their travel shall be long and hard, yet they shall be blessed, and a great library shall aid them with all they need to know.

...Unfortunately, these heroes haven't shown up yet. So, until they do, looks like we'll have to keep this library in top condition. And that, is where you come in. Now, there's a reason I'm behind this thick glass- not all of you will like your place here, but trust me- noone is going to miss you in your world. We do have the ability to smooth over any mention of your existence there, you know. So now, your job is this: maintain the library, keep it safe, and be here, just in case those heroes arrive.

Basically, this rp could evolve into anything, but it would start roughly like this: You are taken from your world (And this can be any world, apart from the world of Mary Sues - meaning your character can be anything you want) to help maintain the library - in this case, we're talking about the ultimate library - it's books contain every piece of information that was, is, and will be, ever written, anywhere. This library is about the size of a city- or maybe a continent, noone is really sure- and features numerous different design styles, architecture, many traps, monsters, etc. You can spend your time trying to escape the library, and it's mad custodian. Or you could spend your time being a good little librarian, dusting books, fighting off the numerous monsters, charting traps, etc, or maybe you could try to take over the library- it really is up to you what you do, ultimately.

It's unique, I like how we aren't the seven heroes.

It's unlike the cliché "OhMyGosh! Da universe is in peril and we need a limited number of overpowered NimNoms to save the world, all while silently arguing over who is the most powerful!" roleplay.

I look forward to sorting books into the "B" Category of the poisonous frog section of the frog section of the amphibians section of the animal section of the library.

StoneWolf18 said:
I...I wanna play with the portal gun...
The portal gun? What portal gun? I see no portal gun...

DwlfTheDuck said:
It's unique, I like how we aren't the seven heroes.
It's unlike the cliché "OhMyGosh! Da universe is in peril and we need a limited number of overpowered NimNoms to save the world, all while silently arguing over who is the most powerful!" roleplay.

I look forward to sorting books into the "B" Category of the poisonous frog section of the frog section of the amphibians section of the animal section of the library.
But category T of the lesser-spotted-Jeroni sub-variant Hiugf Jikyul type 3 needs sorting first!

In all seriousness, good to know that you're onboard.

[QUOTE="Thief of Cards]Pretty interesting

[/QUOTE]
StoneWolf18 said:
Mmmmm, interesting
Does this mean that you're both onboard?

ResonantStorm said:
The portal gun? What portal gun? I see no portal gun...
But category T of the lesser-spotted-Jeroni sub-variant Hiugf Jikyul type 3 needs sorting first!

In all seriousness, good to know that you're onboard.

Does this mean that you're both onboard?
I'm in, and if it's a library that big then there's bound to be one on display.

Saturn said:
Very interesting! I like it. (You had me at "library")
I'll assume your up for this then. From now on if someone says they're interested I'll assume that they're probably onboard for this.

StoneWolf18 said:
I'm in, and if it's a library that big then there's bound to be one on display.
...He knows too much. HIDE THE PROTOTYPE!

In all seriousness, good to know that you're up for this.

[QUOTE="Thief of Cards]Yup, I'm on board.

[/QUOTE]
Great, glad to have you onboard. The more, the merrier!

Me likey, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this. Playing a third party sort of character is always interesting. We don't get to save the day, but we get to help the heroes save the day. Very nice.

Saturnity said:
Me likey, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this. Playing a third party sort of character is always interesting. We don't get to save the day, but we get to help the heroes save the day. Very nice.
I'll tag you when the thread goes up, then. And on that note...

[QUOTE="Thief of Cards]So, when is this thread getting started?

[/QUOTE]
I think I'll leave the interest check here until tomorrow, then I'll put up a proper thread.

Sagitarius said:
Im interestedddddddddddd~ ;D tag me too please when you make it hohohoohohohohohohohohohoohohoh
Fancy seeing this random-person-who-I have-no-idea-is here ;3

StoneWolf18 said:
Fancy seeing this random-person-who-I have-no-idea-is here ;3
I dont know what u r talking about~ you random-stranger-who-i-dont-know ♥

Last edited by a moderator:
FreeSpirit said:
Sounds interesting. Count me in! But will we be taking two characters? One librarian and one hero?
Ah- no. Nobody will be playing as a hero, as far as I've planned. I've yet to decide if I should even involve them in the rp at all other than as a plot device and reason for the libraries existence.

ResonantStorm said:
Ah- no. Nobody will be playing as a hero, as far as I've planned. I've yet to decide if I should even involve them in the rp at all other than as a plot device and reason for the libraries existence.
Heh...what if the roleplay lasts long enough that they have to be the heroes cause the world can't wait any longer.

StoneWolf18 said:
Heh...what if the roleplay lasts long enough that they have to be the heroes cause the world can't wait any longer.
**Worlds

And, uh- I have complete and utter ultimate GM power- don't underestimate me!

...unless my internet crashes. Then you're on your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back