The Library Enactment

Ok.... When I post the overview/ setting images... I will also post a list of who gets what character... As long as we get them where they are supposed to go, I dont care how we get there. If you get injured unnecessarily, meaning that if your character isn't supposed to die then you yourself die, but if your character is supposed to die then you get reborn as a new character within the book.

Make sense?

Can I make the suggestion that we stick with basic classics - that way, even if it's not a book we're familiar with there's enough information about it online that we won't get lost xD

xD Maybe we should do a really easy first then.... Like Snow White and the Seven Dwarves or something xD

And the book/story needs to have enough characters for us to play^^

And when we assume the roles, do we assume the appearance as well? Maybe we look like the characters to the other characters, but to ourselves we look normal? It'd be a bit hard to "find" the other characters without any basis...

That's the idea. We can see them for them, but everyone else can see the character

So, I guess if we wanted to, we could genderbend the entire story^^ (ex: make Cinderella a guy and Prince Charming a girl)

Sea said:
So, I guess if we wanted to, we could genderbend the entire story^^ (ex: make Cinderella a guy and Prince Charming a girl)
Oh the possibilities.... you are fun ;)

All these possibilities are making me uncomfortable xD Wait-is there a chance we'd spawn as a non-human? Like Gollum, or a chicken, or a cow, or something?

Gollum yes.... if I feel brave enough to do LOTR..... and it depends on the chicken/cow...

xD I'd say only human/humanoid characters xD to prevent anyone from having to play a cow for an entire act xD  
xD And is His Dark Materials considered a classic story, now? Good God I'm old xD

Classics don't have to be old :/

A lot of modern books could be considered classics

Is it bad that I haven't read His Dark Materials....?

By the way, I've opened the role play for library based role playing xD Go ahead and get your characters set up! :)

But HDM is so philosophical. Pullman is one of the best modern writers there is. Only bested by the amazing Terry Pratchett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back