• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom π”—π”₯𝔒 𝔏𝔒𝔀𝔒𝔫𝔑 𝔒𝔣 β„¨π”’π”©π”‘π”ž: 𝔒𝔑𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔒𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔱π”₯𝔒 𝔓𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔒𝔰𝔰

Forevermore

Still wishing on dandelions.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"There's been a mistake," Zelda cried, "The Hero of Legend is supposed to receive the Triforce of Courage!"

"Ah," Impa replied sagely, "Fate rarely makes mistakes."

This is an AU of the canon Zelda timeline. In Ocarina of Time, it is determined that Ganondorf receives power, Zelda receives wisdom, and Link receives courage, and stays that way for the rest of the series. This takes place before TLOZ: Twilight Princess.

Ah, to be on the surface. Opposed to the skies, the surface is different, yet pleasant all the same. The original hero and the goddess reborn had long since established the kingdom of Hyrule, and everyone lived quite peacefully with the eradication of Demise. Of course, the curse that Demise had put upon their bloodlines had taken hold, and then the Hero of Time and the Zelda of his time united against Ganondorf, the evil Gerudo king, and defeated him in his monster-like form, sealing him away in the evil realm. However, the Triforce, which the fated hero, with the help of his agent, Fi, used to save the world, had split upon sensing Ganondorf's unstable heart. The Triforce of Power resided in Ganon, The Triforce of Wisdom resided in the goddess reborn, and the Triforce of Courage resided in the green-clad hero. However, when Ganon had been sealed away, and once the hero and his princess inevitably passed away, the Triforces left their bodies, and had to seek refuge elsewhere.

Zelda, the princess of Hyrule, the descendant of the princess of wisdom, was of course, the goddess reborn, unbeknownst to herself. She, of course, was loved and revered by her kingdom, as well as her father, the king, who held her in very high regard. She was a gracious and spirited girl, loved to learn and teach the same, and wanted to be just like the Zeldas that came before her.

However, Zelda was quite a loner, and one of her only friends was the grandson of one of the castle gardeners, a boy by the name of Link. Link was a quiet, good-natured boy, and he and Zelda had the grandest of times together, running around the castle grounds and goofing off. Link showed her the Ocarina he had inherited. He said it used to belong to the princess of Time, but nobody in his family remembers the divine songs that the hero and the princess used. Zelda was let down by the castle library, which seemed to be devoid of any useful information.

They grew up together, Zelda was now being charged with more royal duties, and Link, who decided to become a royal knight instead of a gardener, was sent out with a small squadron to Gerudo Valley, since the king was once again trying to repair the relations of Hyrulians and Gerudos, which had been shaky ever since the incident with Ganondorf. Link promised to return as soon as he could, and left her his Ocarina as a gift.

The king nor Zelda heard from Link in years. The squad of knights returned without him.

Zelda was devastated, as her best friend, her only friend, had been lost. She hid away Link's Ocarina, as looking at it was too much to bear. She came of age, and yet the kingdom had never seen such a sad princess.

The king had never seen his vibrant daughter so depressed in his life. He got so desperate to see his child smile that he sent soldiers to look near and far for him. Days turned into weeks, and weeks into months, until they finally found Link and brought him back to Hyrule. The king was pleased, but that was nothing compared to Zelda's excitement when she saw her friend return to the castle. She hugged and cried in his arms, but Link was different. He was stiffer. More distant. Zelda tried to ask him what was wrong, but Link always smiled and said it was nothing. He did, however, have an interest in knowing where his Ocarina was. Zelda showed it to him, told him she kept it safe inside her dresser drawer. Link's eyes lit up when he saw it. Zelda took it as a sign that Link was starting to go back to his old ways. She felt relieved, not to mention bashful- Link had grown so much more taller and handsome ever since they had last seen each other. She was happy, so happy at last, to have some remnant of her favorite companion back with her.

After 3 days, Link disappeared.
The kingdom was shocked.
The Ocarina was gone.

Zelda knew, in her heart of hearts, that this wasn't Link. It couldn't have been. To return for only 3 days and steal the Ocarina? This wasn't the Link she knew. So she consulted a soothsayer, a member of the Sheikah, who told Zelda this: Link's heart is no longer pure, unknown to him. He has had a vision, as will Zelda, that will reveal the paths that fate has chosen for them. Zelda will receive a power of old, as Link has, and a great evil has as well. The evil is tormenting Link's heart, and the power that Link holds will inevitably force him to succumb to the darkness, if Zelda does not embark on an odyssey to save him and defeat this darkness. One thing can be sure, reported the soothsayer, that you will have to harm your friend before you can rescue him.

Zelda did not know what to think. She stayed shut up in her bedroom the rest of the day, pondering this predicament. How was she, Zelda, to defeat and save Link, and defeat this evil at the same time? She did not know how to fight, she knew how to spar, yes, but she, a princess, slay evil? She knew not archery, nor horseback riding, nor shield bashing or bomb mechanics. She was Zelda, blood of a goddess, not the hero of legend.
And yet...

Zelda fell into a restless sleep that night. In that dream, a voice came to her, a voice that sounded...oddly familiar.

"Mistress...Mistress...please, pay attention. It seems my eternal slumber will not be so eternal. Hylia has sent me once more to assist the hero of legend in their fate."

The figure of a young yet strange-looking woman appeared to her in a dream. She did not look human. And yet Zelda was sure she had seen her before.

"Mistress, in the name of Hylia, I bestow the Triforce of Courage onto you."

Zelda felt a strange warmth course through her body. She felt a flow of bravery, as if she could do anything if she set her mind to it. Saving Link would be a piece of cake.

"Mistress, do not let the courage get to your head. You are part of a great mission. It seems as if fate has made a mistake. You are meant to hold the Triforce of Wisdom, not of Courage. The Triforces were in discord, Hylia could not sort it out in time. Listen to me...you must venture deep into the groves of Faron Woods...you will find a Temple, and inside will be a multitude of tasks...but venture through, and you will find a fountain of purity, surrounded by a multitude of fairies. Pray to Hylia and purify yourself, and you will be one step closer to unlocking the key to the Master Sword. You will find a fairy named Navi. She will be one of many, big and small, that will be able to assist you in your odyssey. Until you enter the Temple of Time and pull me out of my pedestal, I can not help you. You will need to play the Song of Time with the Ocarina that Link has stolen from you. Wake up, Mistress, and head into Faron Woods...wake, Mistress...your time has come to fix the error of fate..."

Zelda woke in a cold sweat, the warmth of the triforce gone. She looked at her hand, the mark of a triangle, which had been once glowing, was fading gently back to her normal skin color.
It hadn't been just a dream. The soothsayer was right.

I know this seems a little half baked, but I'd love to find some people interested in this! I will be playing Princess Zelda, obviously. If you want to act out multiple characters, you can. I'm looking for people to come up with ideas and help me flesh out this idea more. I've been thinking about this idea for a while now, I hope there's some more TLOZ fans out there!!!

Please comment if you're interested and/or have any ideas!
Thanks!

Last edited:
I'd be interested in the role of Link, with the Triforce of Power.
Awesome! I'm so glad someone caught on and knew that Link has the Triforce of Power. Zelda will have to defeat Link first before teaming up with him to defeat Ganon. Any ideas for him would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe with how messed up the Triforce is we have to convince the Goddesses not to give up on Hyrule and flood it

Maybe with how messed up the Triforce is we have to convince the Goddesses not to give up on Hyrule and flood it
True, but that is in the adult timeline. We are focusing on the child timeline, this AU would take place sometime before Twilight Princess and after Majora's Mask.

The timeline of TLOZ

I'm excited just reading about this; I'd love to roleplay it.

Not 100% certain I'm going to end up joining in mainly due to a lack of full experience with the series, but I really like this idea!

It always ends up being an interest of mine when roles are switched and / or the more unlikely hero(ine) is the one who has the spotlight on them in such a story, and I can't wait to see how Zelda is going to handle the enemies that will eventually stand before her.

Not 100% certain I'm going to end up joining in mainly due to a lack of full experience with the series, but I really like this idea!

It always ends up being an interest of mine when roles are switched and / or the more unlikely hero(ine) is the one who has the spotlight on them in such a story, and I can't wait to see how Zelda is going to handle the enemies that will eventually stand before her.
Thank you, I know it's not the most well-known franchise of all time, but I'm glad you find it interesting! ^^

And yes, I've been interested in this for a long time, especially because Link is typically the hero, but he is aiding and abetting the evil forces in this story. The showdown Zelda will have to endure against him will be interesting.

Last edited:
Thank you, I know it's not the most well-known franchise of all time, but I'm glad you find it interesting! ^^

And yes, I've been interested in this for a long time, especially because Link is typically the hero, but he is aiding and abetting the evil forces in this story. The showdown Zelda will have to endure against him will be interesting.
1677624686026.pngI mainly say that I have interest in this despite a lack of knowledge of the series in regards to its finer details in lore is somewhat as a result of Smash Bros influence rather than actually having actively played much of the games before. However, the big thing that had ended up intriguing me about this was that it feels like a significantly more fleshed out idea than I had for a similar prompt involving Zelda even if it was one that likely wasn't going to go anywhere.

My idea for a prompt was simple, and was inspired by the pic here. Essentially Zelda is forced to defeat Ganondorf herself after being locked away and losing the Triforce of Wisdom. As simple of a plot it was and one that I had came up with ages ago without any way to really improve on it, I kinda like the whole idea that Zelda loses her magic and is forced to gain her magic back by gaining the Triforce of Wisdom back alongside proving her worth with gaining the Triforce of Courage in order to defeat Ganon and restore the peace of Hyrule once more.

Silly idea yes and not the most well thought out granted my inexperience, but it was fun to think about.

View attachment 1068979I mainly say that I have interest in this despite a lack of knowledge of the series in regards to its finer details in lore is somewhat as a result of Smash Bros influence rather than actually having actively played much of the games before. However, the big thing that had ended up intriguing me about this was that it feels like a significantly more fleshed out idea than I had for a similar prompt involving Zelda even if it was one that likely wasn't going to go anywhere.

My idea for a prompt was simple, and was inspired by the pic here. Essentially Zelda is forced to defeat Ganondorf herself after being locked away and losing the Triforce of Wisdom. As simple of a plot it was and one that I had came up with ages ago without any way to really improve on it, I kinda like the whole idea that Zelda loses her magic and is forced to gain her magic back by gaining the Triforce of Wisdom back alongside proving her worth with gaining the Triforce of Courage in order to defeat Ganon and restore the peace of Hyrule once more.

Silly idea yes and not the most well thought out granted my inexperience, but it was fun to think about.
That's a pretty good idea! Perhaps you should work on it a bit more. And I'm glad you like my idea, I spent weeks thinking about it and writing the prologue (the first post on this thread)

That's a pretty good idea! Perhaps you should work on it a bit more. And I'm glad you like my idea, I spent weeks thinking about it and writing the prologue (the first post on this thread)
It probably might end up being a standalone written post rather than being a fully fledged RP with another, especially since this is out of context, but I'm honestly a little surprised to hear that you positive reception towards it! Thanks! 😊

It probably might end up being a standalone written post rather than being a fully fledged RP with another, especially since this is out of context, but I'm honestly a little surprised to hear that you positive reception towards it! Thanks! 😊
You're welcome! Personally I love to see anything about TLOZ, since the community is kinda small compared to some other video games. Believe it or not, Smash Bros. is actually how I got into the Zelda franchise in the first place!

You're welcome! Personally I love to see anything about TLOZ, since the community is kinda small compared to some other video games. Believe it or not, Smash Bros. is actually how I got into the Zelda franchise in the first place!
I'd rather keep my pointless discussion about anything else outside of your ideas for this interest check done through messages or anywhere else just to stop unneeded clutter, but if you want someone to discuss related stuff with me, I'd be happy to. πŸ‘

I'd rather keep my pointless discussion about anything else outside of your ideas for this interest check done through messages or anywhere else just to stop unneeded clutter, but if you want someone to discuss related stuff with me, I'd be happy to. πŸ‘
Sure! Shoot me a PM if you'd like to discuss anything further with me! ^^

This is intresting not sure who or what I would like to play as I do like strange and odd ones

Omg yoooo this looks sick as heck! I already have a few ideas of what kind of character I’d potentially be interested in playing as but I have just a few questions before I make any final decisions. Will the role of Ganon be open to players or will he more of a villain controlled by gm type of situation? And also, how strictly do you plan on the rp adhering to it’s placement in the Child timeline? Like, for example would races such as the Rito or Twili be considered off limits? Apologies for all of the questions πŸ˜… but all in all, this sounds like a super cool concept!

This is intresting not sure who or what I would like to play as I do like strange and odd ones

Omg yoooo this looks sick as heck! I already have a few ideas of what kind of character I’d potentially be interested in playing as but I have just a few questions before I make any final decisions. Will the role of Ganon be open to players or will he more of a villain controlled by gm type of situation? And also, how strictly do you plan on the rp adhering to it’s placement in the Child timeline? Like, for example would races such as the Rito or Twili be considered off limits? Apologies for all of the questions πŸ˜… but all in all, this sounds like a super cool concept!
Hello! Thank you for showing interest! Me and two other people are working on this idea in a PM, so we'll have to add you two to it so you can see what we've been up to ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back