• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Legend of Zelda - A Group Search

Grey Kitsune

Anime's Best Boy
I've been feeling the need for some cracking good 'venturing in the land of Hyrule, but I lack players to carry on such a task.

The plot(s) I'd like to see play out:
How the Divine Beasts and/or the army of Guardians were conceived.
Possibility of a weapon being forged and given a spirit, much like Fi is the spirit of the Master Sword.
Any sort of amateurish dungeoneering by our rag tag adventurers.
Bombing some Dodongos. Like, who DOESN'T want to bomb a Dodongo!?

Additions So Far:
Current Races
  • Hylians/Humans
  • Gorons
  • Zora
  • Rito
  • Kokiri
  • Shiekah
  • Gerudo
  • Fairy
Link + Zelda will be NPCs at the start of the RP and may be delegated to players after we settle as a group.
Ganon being the background antagonist / We probably won't see him in the RP

Thank you for viewing and please comment, be it on additions to overall plot, suggestions on implementing dungeons/puzzles, or general queries.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post.

I like all of those plot ideas. At what point in the timeline are you thinking this rp should take place? Sometime after Skyward Sword or...?

That seems the most appropriate point to start off with. It's hard to say since the time gates were already established before then and where Shiekah would fit.

I suppose we could call our own little time frame the "Exploration Era". The settling of Hyrule is still coming along and the Hylians' villages are expanding outward, though ancient traps and beasts still lurk in all corners of the unexplored wildlands and various dungeons created by the monsters that were inhabiting the land before Skyloft was left behind.

Other note: Not saying our "big bad" shouldn't be Ganon, but I'd rather have some other antagonist force our characters would be facing.

So what races are we allowed to roleplay as? I’m getting ahead of myself and am already planning a character out so I want to make sure that I don’t end up making a character that’s incompatible with the rp 😅

Would have helped to just put that in the message. ;)

The General 7 races will probably be what's safer:

• Hylians/Humans
  • Gorons
  • Zora
  • Rito
  • Kokiri
  • Shiekah
  • WOMEN (AKA The Gerudo)
Deviations outside these I'd probably have to see beforehand to make a decision on their fit.

Last edited:
Would it be cool with you if I made my character a fairy? Not like a great fairy or stuff like that of course. I was thinking of something like Navi but with the general design of the small fairies from ALTTP. If not I’m also cool with being one of the seven races.

Last edited:
I suppose that would be acceptable. I was going to use some random theory on fairies and weapons, but I'm curious enough to see what you'll do with your character.

I'm leaning towards either making a Zora who shocks things OR an Archer that has a stupid thick accent.

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty much. I feel that she'd be given a hard time by her peers and was probably either ousted or just not allowed to socialize with others since she's prone to shock others on accident when in the water.

Last edited:
That seems the most appropriate point to start off with. It's hard to say since the time gates were already established before then and where Shiekah would fit.

I suppose we could call our own little time frame the "Exploration Era". The settling of Hyrule is still coming along and the Hylians' villages are expanding outward, though ancient traps and beasts still lurk in all corners of the unexplored wildlands and various dungeons created by the monsters that were inhabiting the land before Skyloft was left behind.

Other note: Not saying our "big bad" shouldn't be Ganon, but I'd rather have some other antagonist force our characters would be facing.

Sounds good to me. :)

So like, Ganon being the background antagonist?

Also will Link and Zelda be playable or just NPCs?

Yes, much like how Ag sets the stage for Demise, Ganon would just be chilling in his prison void while his minion(s) hype up Hyrule for his return.

More than likely NPCs. When things move along, I might lend them out.

For the main antagonist is a player going to rp them or are they also going to be a npc?

I love Zelda games so much.. what level of literacy are you looking for? If it's more casual (100-500 words) I can probably fit a new RP in, but any more than that and I might have to do a little more considering.

Also, for the races/enemies, they usually looks pretty different from game to game. Are we talking BOTW? Wind Waker?

Main antagonists slots will be open for players who want them. I'll say about 3 to start. Hopefully you all don't get TOO attached to them that won't be expendable.

Literacy level: Generally want to see at least a couple paragraphs with some thought put into them and can convey some sense of actions being made by the character. 100-500 words seems like a healthy estimate if you're word-count oriented.

Is it cool to post the C.S there or are you going to make a separate thread for it? I Can’t wait to get started 😝

Heyo! I’m interested! I was thinking about making a Gerudo (mostly since I really love their culture!)

If anyone wants a name that really fits in with the series but can't really make them up well, here's a neat little generator! you can select multiple species from a menu that's all the way at the bottom, if you're playing something other than a Hylian or human.

Link: Human name generator - Legend of Zelda

Users who are viewing this thread

Back