• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Legend of the Legendary Mages OOC

Hello again. Since I have blatant disregard to how much school work, extra curiculars and RPs I have to juggle, let's do another one! Just kidding, I have things mpstly under control. Anyways, I am going to be recycling some material from my other CS and some content from other RPs, because my brain is running out of creativity juices for the week, if that's okay with you. I'll put in some original content though, for sure. It's also because I want to get my CS up by Saturday, so you can check it and see how I need to fix.

Hello again. Since I have blatant disregard to how much school work, extra curiculars and RPs I have to juggle, let's do another one! Just kidding, I have things mpstly under control. Anyways, I am going to be recycling some material from my other CS and some content from other RPs, because my brain is running out of creativity juices for the week, if that's okay with you. I'll put in some original content though, for sure. It's also because I want to get my CS up by Saturday, so you can check it and see how I need to fix.

Well don't push yourself too hard. You can use the same character and concepts, it doesn't bother me too much, but there's other details to the CS, such as Magic. Good luck!

Unit A2 Unit A2 Skout64 Skout64 gingira gingira Sir. Wizard Sir. Wizard MiraAutumn MiraAutumn GamerCarrot GamerCarrot ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R D dwarfking1999 LieutyXII LieutyXII FTR FTR Shagranoz Shagranoz Drakerus Drakerus Kloudy Kloudy Plutoni Plutoni QizPizza QizPizza Noble Scion Noble Scion

Hello everyone!

This is a reminder to mention or PM me when your character sheet is finished, since so far only two characters have been approved for the RP! Once Saturday ends, I will begin working on a post based around the current accepted characters. Good luck everyone.
I tagged you in mine, did you see it?

I tagged you in mine, did you see it?

Weird I didn't get the tags, but here's a list of corrections and questions.

1. I'm assuming Gracemeria is the family's name, or is it a town/village?

2. I'm assuming the mail gender thing is a joke. If it's real, I can't accept that.

3. If your character's a teacher, they can't be a Legant Knight Military Mage, unless they're undercover. If you want him to have an active role as a Military Mage, please drop the teacher role. I cannot offer the principal role, because I have a character for that role. However, as the RP progresses, he may become the next principal.

4. For supplies, what is a energy saber? You can have a sword, but it must be empowered, or be a charm for it to have an energy-like entity similar to Destruction magic. There's no energy sabers that can be created by physical means alone.

5. For capabilities, age is a measure of one's physical conditions, so since he's 56, I recommend lowering his age to 30~40, so he has some physical prowess. He can be at peak physical condition for 56, but he'll be weaker than most who are their peak physical conditions at a younger age. Just letting you know that. Also your physical weaknesses contradict peak physical condition.

6. What is Maximillian's goal? You put political aspirations, but what are they exactly?

7. That's not a fear, unless he cowers whenever someone says goodbye to him.

8. You need to add examples to your character sheet for personality.

9. For history, Your character can be a retired Legant knight who joins the academy, if you want something like that, or be on leave from the Legant Knights. You cannot be in both roles at once, unless your character is undercover. Can you explain how he lost his parents in better detail? I'm assuming Maximillian learned all his magic and skills through the Legant Knights and school, unless you want to specify anything. Once you fix your character sheet, I'll tell you what events to add for your history since your character's a duke.

10. For timeline, please add that in.

11. The magic section has been completed so please fill that section in.

Once you fix those things, I'll approve your character.

Weird I didn't get the tags, but here's a list of corrections and questions.

1. I'm assuming Gracemeria is the family's name, or is it a town/village?

2. I'm assuming the mail gender thing is a joke. If it's real, I can't accept that.

3. If your character's a teacher, they can't be a Legant Knight Military Mage, unless they're undercover. If you want him to have an active role as a Military Mage, please drop the teacher role. I cannot offer the principal role, because I have a character for that role. However, as the RP progresses, he may become the next principal.

4. For supplies, what is a energy saber? You can have a sword, but it must be empowered, or be a charm for it to have an energy-like entity similar to Destruction magic. There's no energy sabers that can be created by physical means alone.

5. For capabilities, age is a measure of one's physical conditions, so since he's 56, I recommend lowering his age to 30~40, so he has some physical prowess. He can be at peak physical condition for 56, but he'll be weaker than most who are their peak physical conditions at a younger age. Just letting you know that. Also your physical weaknesses contradict peak physical condition.

6. What is Maximillian's goal? You put political aspirations, but what are they exactly?

7. That's not a fear, unless he cowers whenever someone says goodbye to him.

8. You need to add examples to your character sheet for personality.

9. For history, Your character can be a retired Legant knight who joins the academy, if you want something like that, or be on leave from the Legant Knights. You cannot be in both roles at once, unless your character is undercover. Can you explain how he lost his parents in better detail? I'm assuming Maximillian learned all his magic and skills through the Legant Knights and school, unless you want to specify anything. Once you fix your character sheet, I'll tell you what events to add for your history since your character's a duke.

10. For timeline, please add that in.

11. The magic section has been completed so please fill that section in.

Once you fix those things, I'll approve your character.
Alright, thanks for the feedback. I'll get to working on it hopefully sooner than later.

Mah boi is nearly done too, just gotta figure out the spells. If anyone knows juuzou suzuya from TG then you'll know what I'm going for. xD

maxresdefault.jpg

Hachi Machi Hachi Machi
1. Duke of Gracemeria is his title, Gracemeria is the location of his bequeathed estate. The family name is Cooper.
2. It was an inside joke with a friend who was with me at the time. I have now removed it, my character's gender is male.
3. Could you explain to me why it would be unacceptable for my character to both be a member of the Legant Knights and an Academy teacher at the same time? Since it is a military academy, the primary objective would be to prepare the students for military service, correct? Thus, the subjects would revolve around combat, tactics, etc. These subjects would then be best taught by servicemen and women, so it would be highly plausible for the majority of teachers to be active or retired servicemen/women. Of course, I am not saying that there would be no civilian teachers, as they could still be experts in their respective fields, but I see no conflict of having a Legant Knight as a teacher at the academy.
tl;dr The academy is a government owned institution run by the armed forces, to train their own officers. Thus it would make sense to have military officers staffing this academy.
4. By Energy Saber, I meant a physical metal construct in the shape of a saber that could also be used to conduct magic.
5. Hmm, what I meant was that while the body often deteriorates with age, my character is still more physically fit than the majority of the population. So he is extraordinarily fit compared to others, but has deteriorated compared to his previous form. However, what you say makes sense, I'll work on lowering his age and reworking his physical weaknesses. That was a lack of continuity that I missed when working on it in multiple sittings.
6. If I had to elaborate, then I would say Maximilian may not be the loyalist he portrays. He has grander dreams for the empire, which could be better realized if he himself were at the helm of the kingdom.
7. Fair enough, I'll work on that.
8. "
9. Working on that with Noble Scion Noble Scion
10. WIP
11. WIP

I think I'm done my CS? I just need to work out the timeline with Vicious and It'll be good to go :3

Once the timeline is finished, I'll check it out.

Hachi Machi Hachi Machi
1. Duke of Gracemeria is his title, Gracemeria is the location of his bequeathed estate. The family name is Cooper.
2. It was an inside joke with a friend who was with me at the time. I have now removed it, my character's gender is male.
3. Could you explain to me why it would be unacceptable for my character to both be a member of the Legant Knights and an Academy teacher at the same time? Since it is a military academy, the primary objective would be to prepare the students for military service, correct? Thus, the subjects would revolve around combat, tactics, etc. These subjects would then be best taught by servicemen and women, so it would be highly plausible for the majority of teachers to be active or retired servicemen/women. Of course, I am not saying that there would be no civilian teachers, as they could still be experts in their respective fields, but I see no conflict of having a Legant Knight as a teacher at the academy.
tl;dr The academy is a government owned institution run by the armed forces, to train their own officers. Thus it would make sense to have military officers staffing this academy.
4. By Energy Saber, I meant a physical metal construct in the shape of a saber that could also be used to conduct magic.
5. Hmm, what I meant was that while the body often deteriorates with age, my character is still more physically fit than the majority of the population. So he is extraordinarily fit compared to others, but has deteriorated compared to his previous form. However, what you say makes sense, I'll work on lowering his age and reworking his physical weaknesses. That was a lack of continuity that I missed when working on it in multiple sittings.
6. If I had to elaborate, then I would say Maximilian may not be the loyalist he portrays. He has grander dreams for the empire, which could be better realized if he himself were at the helm of the kingdom.
7. Fair enough, I'll work on that.
8. "
9. Working on that with Noble Scion Noble Scion
10. WIP
11. WIP

1. Thank you for the clarification.
2. Jokes are in good fun. I just wanted to make sure, because I've had people in the past tell me their characters identify as attack helicopters. I'm not joking.
3. I now see the flaw in my logic. Yes, that works actually, now that I've thought about it from your words. The reason I made that claim from before is that I was thinking of active military service, but now I see that service can be done in the form of education too. No need to change that anymore.
4. Can you provide a visual reference? I think I know what you're going for, but I need to be sure with an image reference.
5. Thanks for the clarification. It's hard to measure physical fitness relative to others, but I guess it depends on multiple factors. Thank you for changing the age.
6. So he wants to become emperor of the kingdom? That's a big goal that'll take a while especially due to the differing factions, but I guess it's possible, if the role play moves in a political direction depending on everyone else's characters.
7. Great, looking forward to reading those fears.

8,9,10,11. Let me know when you finish everything.

Alright, I'll try and find something on the internet, or draw it myself. Although, I have to warn you, I'm no artist xD

That's fine. I'm just trying to picture what it looks like and the only thing that comes to mind is the energy swords in Kiba and Star wars.

upload_2017-8-26_16-28-10.png (Kiba)

upload_2017-8-26_16-28-27.png (star wars light saber)

Ok, my repeated attempts are all failures, I'll try and describe it. Imagine a traditional sabres as such:
latest

Or
latest

My character then uses them to channel magic, focusing the magic. During this, the swords will glow like they have been heated up. All other times they act like normal sabres. (Sorry, this is not too descriptive. I feel pretty lazy most of the time, and I've already used up most of my motivation writing the CS and post above. I might add to this tomorrow in the form of a scene where the sabres are used.)

Ok, my repeated attempts are all failures, I'll try and describe it. Imagine a traditional sabres as such:
latest

Or
latest

My character then uses them to channel magic, focusing the magic. During this, the swords will glow like they have been heated up. All other times they act like normal sabres. (Sorry, this is not too descriptive. I feel pretty lazy most of the time, and I've already used up most of my motivation writing the CS and post above. I might add to this tomorrow in the form of a scene where the sabres are used.)

Oh, so the energy is just magical aura over the sabres? Since you say they're heated up, are you using elemental enhance magic, or using pure destruction magic to enhance the blades? Also, will they be charms, or not?

Oh, so the energy is just magical aura over the sabres? Since you say they're heated up, are you using elemental enhance magic, or using pure destruction magic to enhance the blades? Also, will they be charms, or not?
Yes. I have not decided on the type of magic I will be using yet, but the heat generated is merely a product of the magic being conducted through the metal, not magic that is enhancing the blade. (Is that acceptable?)

Yes. I have not decided on the type of magic I will be using yet, but the heat generated is merely a product of the magic being conducted through the metal, not magic that is enhancing the blade. (Is that acceptable?)

I mean you can cast stuff from the blade, but the blade must be a charm and it can only cast a specific spell. Otherwise, you only need a geometric circle and incantation to cast spells, which you can use the blade as a medium similar to using one's own hand, but how will this affect anything? Otherwise, it's just for style/aesthetics, unless you mean something else? For the blade to actually have magical properties it needs to be enhanced by magic, or maybe I'm not reading it right. Can you provide an example of practical use with the blade?

ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R I did a small timeline, tell me if something doesn't really work in it xP

Hachi Machi Hachi Machi My character will have been in the military academy for three years. Would she classify as a military mage? (I want to know how many spells the character will know and all that stuffs)

ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R I did a small timeline, tell me if something doesn't really work in it xP

Hachi Machi Hachi Machi My character will have been in the military academy for three years. Would she classify as a military mage? (I want to know how many spells the character will know and all that stuffs)

Is your character a teacher or student? If she's a student, the average amount of time necessary to pass the academy is two years. In order to be a Military Mage they need to be part of the Legant Knights or Specint Mage Corps.

Is your character a teacher or student? If she's a student, the average amount of time necessary to pass the academy is two years. In order to be a Military Mage they need to be part of the Legant Knights or Specint Mage Corps.
Ah, right then. I'll change it around a bit
She'll be on her second year with the Military Mages

Ah, right then. I'll change it around a bit
She'll be on her second year with the Military Mages

Here's typical ages for the roles. Is she a student undercover?

Ages for Students

1. First Year Students: Starting age to enroll is 16, but first years can be 16~18.
2. Second Year Students: Students in their second year of the academy are typically 17~19.

Ages for Teachers

1. New Teachers: Starting age for new teachers is 21~25.
2. Regular Teachers: A typical age for a teacher is 26+.

Ages for Specint Mage Corps Military Mage

1. New Members: Starting age for new members is 19~23.
2. Regular Members: Starting age for regular members is 23+.

Ages for Legant Knights Military Mage

1. Page: Starting age for a page is 16~19.
2. Knight: Starting age for a knight is 18+.

Ages for Scholars of Gnosis

1. New Members: Starting age for new members can be any age.
2. Regular Members: Starting age for regular members is 20+.

Here's typical ages for the roles. Is she a student undercover?

Ages for Students

1. First Year Students: Starting age to enroll is 16, but first years can be 16~18.
2. Second Year Students: Students in their second year of the academy are typically 17~19.

Ages for Teachers

1. New Teachers: Starting age for new teachers is 21~25.
2. Regular Teachers: A typical age for a teacher is 26+.

Ages for Specint Mage Corps Military Mage

1. New Members: Starting age for new members is 19~23.
2. Regular Members: Starting age for regular members is 23+.

Ages for Legant Knights Military Mage

1. Page: Starting age for a page is 16~19.
2. Knight: Starting age for a knight is 18+.

Ages for Scholars of Gnosis

1. New Members: Starting age for new members can be any age.
2. Regular Members: Starting age for regular members is 20+.
She is 19 and in her second year of the Legant Knights..?

So she isn't currently enrolled in the academy? She's serving the Legant Knights? On your profile for her character it says her role is Academy Student.
Hmm..I'm sorry, I think I got confused. The Jalder Military Academy is what one would go to first before trying to join the Legant Knights, right?
Because she's supposed to be there xP

Hmm..I'm sorry, I think I got confused. The Jalder Military Academy is what one would go to first before trying to join the Legant Knights, right?
Because she's supposed to be there xP

Yes. Individuals study at the academy if they want higher positions in the military.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back