• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Last Judgement

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
[div class=wrapper][div class=box][div class="boxBg boxBgLarge"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgTall"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgMedium"][/div][div class=boxInner][div class=statusBox][div class=characterPortrait]
HzbRPKc.jpg
[/div][div class=statusText]Location: The Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office and Police Academy, Lobby
Tags: Lekiel Lekiel BasiliskVeranda BasiliskVeranda Anise Anise [/div][/div][div class=title]Emma Treadstone[/div][div class=text]Emma's eyes opened and the gold hints in those blue eyes shimmered, smoldering like embers now. Her hands left Jayden's and she sighed out in relief that her work was done. At least the young man would be fit now. He looked like he hadn't eaten in a while, had come down with a bug, possibly caught Infection from a stray Revenant bite. "Go get something to eat, I can see them passing out stew over there." She gestured in the direction of the firepit on the other side of the reception area before patting his shoulder affectionately. "And get some rest! You're going to need it to get back to tip top shape."

By that point, Rhys and James had each peeled away to do something else. Possibly get a shower. Emma stretched and was suddenly, acutely aware of her skin and how long it'd been since she'd gotten a proper scrub of any kind. A girl kept clean the best she could but rumor had it, there were proper showers available now. It might be a good idea to make use of them.

First thing's first, though. Emma stood, stretched, and made her way in the direction she'd seen Nik go. The Afflicted man had scrounged up a pillow and the most lovely soft red fur coat before packing them, and Reverie away. He was the strangest man. The corruption in him was rooted strong and deep, as strong as any she'd ever met who weren't demons themselves. And yet despite the nihilistic indifference to the state of the world she thought she saw in his eyes, people still made a difference to the man. Perhaps there was hope for him yet.

Gasping was the first clue that something had gone wrong ahead of her. Tucked away in a secluded corner of the broad lobby, Emma came upon the brunette she'd sought after. Reverie lay prone, mouth open, lips trying to suck in air, trying to form words she had no breath for. The sight shocked Emma the way touching a live wire might, an electricity that started from her heart and radiated up through her crown, caught fire down her spine and almost made her legs twitch in sheer reaction. A moment later, she dropped to her knees beside the other woman and took one of Reverie's hands in her own.

"Shhhhh, you're safe here." Emma freed a hand to touch Reverie's forehead, unsurprised to find it without fever exactly but concerned with her pallor and a certain clamminess. Experience told her it was shock. Emma's mind froze a moment so she squeezed the hand of her driver and most recent patient. Then presence of mind returned and she gestured.

Just out of reach, Reverie's cot jumped slightly as if animate. Then the whole fabric and frame scooted across the floor until it reached Emma's hand. The redhead promptly put her arm under Reverie's feet and propped them up on the cot. Classic treatment for someone in shock, elevate the legs.

"Rèvie," Emma whispered before breaking into a brilliant smile as she saw the other woman's eyes focus. "Lie here a moment, let me get you some water." She intended to stand but there was something magnetic about the pale brunette who'd evidently saved everyone's life so recently. Emma found she couldn't quite let go of her. So instead she turned and looked across the room. Eyes narrowing as she spotted her pack, again she reached up with one hand and gestured. The flap of her pack swung open. Then, one of her precious 20 oz plastic water bottles looted from the Shell Station the other day rose into the air before flying across the room to smack against her palm.

Unscrewing it with her teeth, she held it out for Reverie to take. Emma almost just pressed the edge of the bottle's neck to the woman's lips. She's not helpless. I don't want her to think that I think she is.

"You're safe," Emma said again, one hand still holding one of Reverie's as she sat next to the prone woman. She realized she was smiling and couldn't work out how to stop. "I hear you were very brave. I'm sure the others will say the same but let me be the first to say 'thank you'. Without you here...well, people are alive who wouldn't otherwise be. Now, tell me what I can get for you to make you more comfortable. If you'd like back in the cot to rest, we can do that. Word around camp is that the showers are working again, though, and I thought you might want to get cleaned up. Do you feel up to it?"

It was no small comfort that finally Emma's own feelings weren't tangling her up. Whatever this woman stirred in her was subordinate to the immediate situation, the need to caretake and to do what was good for Reverie. And so the redhead smiled and waited patiently for her patient to tell her what she needed.
[/div]
[div class=text][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=wrapper] background-color:#5e757c; box-sizing:border-box; color:#FFFFFF; display:inline-block; position:relative; width:100%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=title] color: #262626; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:3em; font-style:italic; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class=box] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px; position:relative; [/class] [class=boxBg] box-sizing:content-box; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; width:100%; [/class] [class=boxBgLarge] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0 4px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.35); [/class] [class=boxBgTall] top:-8px;left:3px; padding:8px 0; width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.25); [/class] [class=boxBgMedium] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.4); [/class] [class=boxInner] background-color: #5e757c; overflow:hidden; margin:0.5em; [/class] [class=statusBox] box-sizing: border-box; border-right: 3px dotted white; padding: 15px; float: left; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=text] padding: 0px 15px 15px 15px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:0.8em; [/class] [class=statusText] font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.75em; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class=characterPortrait] box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover] opacity: 0.5 [/class]

Haruka
harukaa.jpg_____________________

The sweat trickled down her back, free flowing like condensation on a window pane, it beaded on her forehead and dripped from her chin. The sweat was salty on Haruka's lips. She was drenched in sweat, it soaked the clothes on her back like a map of some foreign land.

"gochiso sama deshita" Haruka said, bringing her hands, specifically her palms, together as a form of deep respect, sincerity, and gratitude. Standing up, Haruka smiled and muttered "Onaka ga ippai~” in a pleased voice. Haruka then walked away, taking her gun and bag to go to some place where she can change clothes.

As she walk around, Haruka saw a strapping young lad, blonde shoulder length hair, and a fairly frail body, Very pale to be honest and he looked very troubled. "Hi? Are you alright? Don't mind me, I just can't ignore someone looking so troubled, so...yeah. Tell me if something is bothering you" She said as she stop infront of the lad, hands rubbing her nape as a sign of nervousness and her eyes glistened with emotion, pulling her eyes brows down in concern. "No need to be shy, just tell me" Haruka said, laughing softly and letting her eyes look at the young lad. Blond hair, Shoulder length, Very pale skin and a fairly frail body is what she noticed. 'Hmmm, 3 over 5. Very cute' A voice said in Haruka's mind making her perfect worried expression slip. Her eyes twitched at what her other personality said.

"Oh right, I'm Haruka and it's my pleasure to serve you so don't be afraid to tell me what's wrong " Haruka said, grinning sheepishly as she look at the boy. The corners of her mouth turned up and emerald green eyes sparkling in delight as she laugh.

GuavaJuiceXI GuavaJuiceXI

Last edited:

Lilina Ovelia
As the girl was starting to sing, she already felt clean and decided to exit the stall. She forgot that she still had to wash her clothes. She grabbed her old garments and decided to put them inside a pail. She started to scrub and remove the stains of blood in her dress. She warmed up her hands and dried the clothes with residual heat coming out of her palms. She got her new pack of clothes from her bag. Fortunately, it was not stained with blood and torn. The new dress was quite fitting for her looks with it's Gothic Lolita style. She wore the dress with a smile on her face and combed her long dark hair. She just let her long hair down rather than making it into twin pigtails. She got her old dress and started to fold it. She then proceeded to wrap it in some plastic to make sure that it doesn't stain. She left the locker room with her long dark hair that almost reached the floor and with a new dress that she has. She grabbed her bag and headed towards the main quarters. While she went to the main room, she noticed a girl and a boy that seems to be crying but she brushes this aside and skips to her location. She was checking her bag to see if there were still some ammo for her submachine gun. Luckily, there was some rounds left but it was obvious that it was running out. She held her gun in her hand, preparing herself when danger comes.

Alaska

tags: A real brother doesn't have to be related to you by blood BasiliskVeranda BasiliskVeranda

''Reese's pieces is going to freeze his nutts off'' she cracked a laugh, shaking her head and putting the coffee away. ''Yeah, seems like Rhys and Stella are immune to the cold'' she shrugged.

Alaska's eyes still were locked at the door, whatever happened in that shower room pissed their leader off pretty bad, she hoped he'd cool down.
The room danced with lights, making her eyes heavier. It had been quite a while since the last time she'd gotten proper sleep....since before the arport.

Looking around the room, she realised none of them had any sleep really. Her lips curled into a faint smile, the soup and the blanket warmed her body, and the adrenaline of the day faded completely.

''I love autumn'' she mumbled, resting her head against Nik's shoulder, talking away as if the man she now leaned on was Alexander. ''Wanna know why it's my favorite season?'' The room was warm, the others' voices came to her ears as muffled noise, she unconciously synched her breathing to his own ''The sounds of dry leaves being crushed under your feet....it's very soothing'' Alaska said between yawns ''Alex used to to think i'm a psychopath because of that....but....it really is sooth....'' it was too comfortable to stay awake.
Her head's weight rested completely on the quasi devil's shoulder. Her eyes now closed, she drifted off peacefully.

For the first time in two years... Alaska had no nightmares.​

Last edited:
[class=Notes] //So this is an older code that I tried to fix up to look nicer// //Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well // //These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// //or color codes// //this code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code. // // when typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press ente// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// [/class]
[class=Notes] //The background image// [/class]
5085db67cc8cb99036923998e5b3509f--voodoo-priestess-costume-costume-voodoo.jpg
[class=Notes] //the image in the cirlce and the border// [/class]
[class=Notes] //Below is the purple box and the content meant for tags// [/class]
BGM: Easy Does it - Sonny Stitt
Located: Police HQ
Mentioned: Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater
code by @AgWordSmith
[class=Notes] //the transparent with background and the border and below is the text// [/class]
Lakyr Lakyr
Adisa twirled the smooth stone around in his hand, gliding it across his fingers like it was weightless. He smiled, his yellowed teeth glowing underneath the black light, adding to the mans shimmering appearance. He knelt down beside James, letting Masego curl around his arms like a human jungle gym. "A rare thing these are. Even rarer to find someone who can use them. Luckily, I can do just the thing. Voodoo's gots its blessings when it comes to healin' up da sick." Adisa reached into his suit, and pulled out a grand pipe. Its bowl was carved and painted with the utmost care, decorated with a display of vibrant colours and patterns against a glossy black base. The bowl branched off into a thin and narrow stem which was comedically long. The lip had an engraved silver lip that had an incredibly detailed design of flames chiseled into it. The thing was a masterpiece. Without even checking to see if the pipe had any herbs inside of it, Adisa put it against his lips. Without the need for a match or flame, he began to puff the ridiculous thing in large billowing clouds. He took a moment to blow out a rather impressive looking snake that wormed off into the crowd. Without Adisa's knowledge, the snake would find Rhys and barrel towards him with jaws opened. But as it would impact with the holy man, it would disperse into a harmless cloud of sweet smelling tobacco smoke.
Adisa took the pipe out of his mouth and eyed the young man over before raising it to his lips once again. Masego had begun to worm off of his friend and find his way towards James. His glossy scales shimmered and shone with changing patterns of African design dancing just above his body. Masego had a surprising warmth to him as his scales made contact with Jame's bare skin. It was abnormal. But hell, when was anything ever fucking normal with Adisa. The man was walking treasure trove of magical enigma's and his very being was shrouded with mystery. Even Rhys didn't know everything to this man's past. But you could almost tell when you looked him in his shockingly blue eyes that shimmered like the bottom of a tropical ocean. They were overflowing with joy, kindness, and sincerity but a certain darkness lay just underneath. You could feel it when you looked into his eyes. You could almost feel a deep pain. With another puff of milky smoke, Adisa opened his mouth to speak. "You know, if you ever need to use that special stone just ask me. Or maybe some of da otha magical's around here know how to use them to. Wouldn't hurt to ask, now would it?" he said while cackling like a hyena and taking another draw from his pipe. It's bowl lit up a soothing orange that illuminated Adisa's face and made the glowing green of his face painting fade away.

Last edited:
James
Kaas Kaas

So the stone was rare, figures since James had never seen one before or heard about it. He'd love to know more about them, but he needed to get to sleep soon, so maybe they could have a talk about that another time. He'd love to learn more about Adisa then too, he was an ... interesting man to say the least. Maybe bizarre was a better word, not meant in a bad way though. After James' thoughts stagnated at that for a few moments he suddenly thought about the importance of these stones again, about his new friend who needed them quite direly. His eyes shot towards where Nik and Alaska were sitting, he almost immediately started walking towards them but as he saw them leaning against each other sleeping he decided against it. They needed some rest just as much as he did and this matter could definitely wait for another day.

At first, James didn't notice the snake winding its way up his body and as he did he wasn't startled by it. Snakes were beautiful animals, they were to be handled with respect for they could be dangerous but there wasn't a reason for James to be scared of them, not in a world like this when even the monsters couldn't scare him. This snake gave up a calming warmth, giving its touch an almost homely feeling and shifting and shimmering on its scales were colorful patterns. It had an entrancing effect on him and he greatly enjoyed watching the mystical looking creature as it slithered across his arms. Adisa's words and cackle snapped him back out the moment and he raised his gaze to look the man in the eyes but was met with smoke in the first moment. "Yeah, right. It wouldn't. I think I'll get back to you because of this soon, actually." James smiled as the smoke went away and took with it the glowing colors in Adisa's face, "Thanks for the information, I'll try to get some sleep now." With that James bend down to let the snake off of him, nodded towards Adisa and walked away. He was tired now, even more so than before, and his desire to eat another bowl was gone so he looked around the room and found his way towards a place to sleep not too far from Nik and Alaska. He put down his backpack, took off his jacket and used it as a blanket as he laid down, his eyes once more glancing across the room, resting on his friends before he closed them and instantly trailed off into well-earned sleep.

Luci
JustAki JustAki

"Oh right, I'm Haruka and it's my pleasure to serve you so don't be afraid to tell me what's wrong" The girl standing in front of him said. Luci looks up, briefly forgetting his thoughts. "Ah.. Hello.." Luci replies. He gets one look at her gorgeous face... From her black hair, with the rebellious white streak, to her beautiful green eyes. Her pale complexion glowed in the faint darkness of the police station. her face even made the scar look somewhat charming. Luci's face became flush, and he quickly turned his head. A bit of blood flowed out of his nose. He quickly covered his nose, ad glanced back up at Haruka. "I-I'm called Luci... a-and you don't have to worry a-about me..haha." He turns his head to the side yet again. He extends his free hand out sheepishly. "N-nice to meet you.." Suddenly, Luci remembers his original goal. "Y-you wouldn't happen to k-know where the showers are.. would you?" He asks Haruka meekly.

Bonus TiMe

Lucis mind when he got thee nosebleed *Wow..Shes cute..* Imagines her showing her shoulders. *WAIT nO UNHOLY UNHOLY UNHOLY UNHOLY UNHOLY UNHOLY UNHOLY UNHOLY UNHOL (end)

Haruka
harukaa.jpg

Bringing her hands up, Haruka smiled as she shake hands with Luci. Her soft hand grasping Luci's . "I-I'm called Luci... a-and you don't have to worry a-about me..haha. N-nice to meet you.." Luci said, stuttering some words which made Haruka and Inner both think 'Kawaii'

"Y-you wouldn't happen to k-know where the showers are.. would you?" Luci meekly said. "Well, I was heading there and you can totally come with me" Haruka said, winking at the blonde. Her lips curled up as she, once again, smile.

'Well, that escalated quickly' Inner said, clearly amused at what she is seeing. "Let's go?" Haruka said, nodding her head to the direction where the showers are.

Walking side by side with Luci, Haruka kept clenching and unclenching her left hand, another bad habit of her when she's nervous. 'Should I make a conversation, Inner?' Haruka thought, hiding her face behind her scarf. 'Yes, mention your a psycho and have another personality that is waiting to be in control again, do tell that to him' Inner's bluntly voice said. "So....uhh...How was the world before the apocalypse?" Haruka awkwardly asked as she looked at Luci.

"Can you remember who you were before the world told you who you should be?"

Rhys & Nik
Post Collab with BasiliskVeranda BasiliskVeranda

mentions: Alaska | Adisa |Emma | Lily

The wind cut through his skin and tortuously slashed his marrow with constant harsh blows, like rime daggers, as they moaned in the pleasure that was his pain. In that wasteland of white there was nothing for his mind to hang onto. There was no familiar sight, no sound other than the howling, even the dim glow from inside was no match for the empty pit of darkness that descended on him. Only the heart beating in his chest stopped him from becoming as frozen as the landscape. Rhys stared at the flakes that twirled in some sort of silent dance. It was serene, beautiful even, in a way that echoed the depths of his soul. He breathed out smoke, azure eyes following it as it drifted up to meet the pitch sky. His head felt light. He had been in the middle of putting his cigarette out in the snow when that sickening feeling rushed over him.

Rhys's complexion took on an ashen texture, numb fingers reaching out to push himself from the step he had been sitting on only to give out as soon as any weight was applied. His lips, tinted blue from the cold, shuttered against the fall and his muscles spasmed in response.

Rhys knew he would faint when his stomach gave out. It felt like his innards were being replaced by some kind of black hole. Then the nausea crept from his abdomen, to his head, and the world went black.

⊰~ * ~⊱​

Nik had counted enough smoke rings to know that it was about time to find their fearless leader. Hopefully, he wouldn't need to be dethawed by Adisa or Emma, or the newcomer whose name he hadn't yet caught.

There was a problem with this, however. As Alaska was nestled up on his shoulder, sleeping like a babe, her face warm, and her head heavy, he'd need to be both courteous and stealthy. Nik didn't want to wake her in the least bit, but did his best to slink his arm away and—in a moment of deft exactitude—replaced her headrest with his backpack.

Shifting away from the sleeping woman, he moved on fleet feet, passing by the others, the cigarette stuck squarely between his teeth, a sense of urgency in his stride. It'd been far too long, but he knew in the depths of his bones if he had gone out into the torrent of snow—and God knows what else—right on after the Detective, it wouldn't have ended up very well for the blond.

Or maybe it would've been relatively copacetic, but there'd surely have been a resistance there. One he didn't want to toy with, not now, not with how tired he was, and as tired as he bet Rhys was as well.

Spindling away from the others, he managed to open the door, cold licking at his features. He only had his t-shirt and pants for warmth, nothing remarkable, and cursed himself as he thought on his lost coat. Such a waste.

Popping his head outside, blond hair tussling in the mire of snow and striking winds, he found something that caused his heart to drop deep into the pit of his stomach. The other man was face-down in the snow. This was Nik's fault, he should've—fuck.

Wasting no time, Nik rushed to Rhys' side, and turned the man over. He was ice cold, he must have passed out from exhaustion, fatigue, stress, hunger...emotional upheaval, perhaps.

The cigarette got lost in the flurry of a gale, ripping it clean from his teeth, and Nik did the only thing he could in this moment. He raised the other man up, clutching him to his chest, his own fingers already frozen in all this. He felt the beating of Rhys' thrumming heart against his tingling, numbing skin, the cuts marring his tattoos stinging in the frost. The low murmur of his strong heartbeat sounded like the sweetest music he'd heard in his entire life.

Managing to heft him to his side, Rhys' arm over his shoulder, Nik half-carried, half-dragged the unconscious man to the door, yanked it open against the tumultuous winds, and shuffled inside as it slammed behind him. The force of the winds were enough to batter, and it had surely battered their fearless leader.

"Fuck, fuck. Shit, ass, fuck...fuck," Nik swore under his breath, moving forward to heft Rhys down, as gently as possible, on a swatch of miscellaneous towels and hap-hazard rugs that had been set out as a makeshift bed. He knelt down with him, fluidly, to the knees, then swerved below his arm to gently level him down to the floor.

In the fraction of a second it took to move away, Nik realized he was being clutched to. No, clung to, and dragged down, like a sinking ship, dipping below the waterline. Rhys was patently unconscious, frozen to the bone, trying to find some bit of warmth. Nik ran hot despite how his skin had numbed—it was already a great deal warmer—and he guessed this was an automatic reaction.

He wasn't going to complain about it, not in the least bit.

With a stupid grin on his face, the blond let the chilled, passed out Detective pull him to the ground, and laid there for some time. Awake, looking at the curve of Rhys' jaw, up to the shell of his ear, and then his closed eyes. Happy that he hadn't quite become a human popsicle. Happy that he was alive, and as well as could be expected, considering the various circumstances. Happy to be clung to, not unlike he had been so long ago.

Even if the other man didn't realize what he was doing, this was something Nik hadn't been gifted with in ages.

Nik wasn't sure he'd be himself in the next 24 hours. And giving him this moment was some kind of miracle, to him.

Nik's blond lashes started to flutter closed, the grin on his face dying down to a whisper of a smile, until he too passed out. He didn't dream of his little warning bell that night, and instead, he dreamed of driving down backroads on his old motorcycle, the wind whipping through his hair, the lemon-yellow sun on the horizon, and a certain someone with his arms around his waist. Face pressed against his back, holding on as he swerved around bends, and passed by a beach, with the caribean-green ocean waves gently lapping into the white sands.

One solitary moment of pure peace. There was a miracle to be found in the simplest of things. A blessing he had forgotten had ever existed in the first place.

⊰~ * ~⊱​
In the darkness, the warmth was like a little touch of heaven; peaceful, amiable, cozy.

He felt....safe.

The kind of safety that he hadn't felt --if ever-- in a really long time; it was like the sudden calming of all those storms that raged inside him.
He pulled that warmth closer, never wanting to let go of it, even as dim rays of light filtered in from behind closed eyelids. Rhys made a slightly irritated grumble, turning his head in a feeble attempt to ignore the call of morning.

That was when the warmth moved in a way that....it probably shouldn't have.
Rhys cracked an bleary eye open, a frown twitching at his lips from the disturbance. He saw the blond hair first, golden with umber twisted in to create a shade that looked like sunlight. In those first few seconds of cognition, he thought that he was still dreaming; that perhaps some twisted part of his subconscious had decided to tease him with something that was --in every sense-- unobtainable. Their breaths mingled softly together, noses so close that they were practically touching, legs hopelessly tangled, an arm flat across his chest, another arm cradling the other's head as if the muscle of his arm was a pillow.

Still caught between awareness and oblivion, Rhys angled his hand (somehow without moving the arm that Nik's head was resting on) to gently rake his fingers through liquid gold. In was then, as his fingers combed through honeyed tresses, that Rhys realized this wasn't a dream. His gaze drifted over the other's face like a visual caress, lingering on strongly defined cheekbones and full lips. He was beautiful. The thought hit him square in the chest and sobered him from the moment almost completely. Rhys didn't want to wake him, but the pressing need to equip himself with a shirt and maybe some socks was almost stronger than the urge to lay there and stare. His heart thudded in quick-time, blood rushing to splotch his face in different shades of pink. He couldn't hear anyone else stirring in the soft glow of morning, but that hardly meant anything.

"N-Nik."

He closed his eyes briefly and cursed himself for how breathless that stutter sounded.

"Hey. Wake up."

Disgruntled and beyond flustered, the whitelighter kicked the pseudo-devil in the shin. Annoyance caused his brows to furrow a bit, but the softness to his expression couldn't be completely erased.

code by @crucialstar

Reverie Lowiezka

Location: Somewhere in the station.| Interacting with: Epiphany Epiphany | Mentions: Whoever else is nearby | Current Do: Hair unfettered, mauve pink sweater, tights, black converse.

❖ ❖​

She felt her body stiffening, lithe limbs freezing cold as if something from within her were siphoning whatever heat that remained in her extremities to her core. It seemed as a voracious hungry void. An emptiness where nothing resided, yet had an insatiable presence that was palpable beyond comprehension. A presence apart of her own. She had drawn from it unwittingly, not realizing what was taken must be returned. Her breath came in shallow gasps, willing her lungs to struggle against their involuntary constricting, trying to fill themselves with precious air. Her eyes blurred by tears from the exertion.

She was acutely aware of her own mortality. The realization that she could be gone before she even found what she was looking for terrified her even more than the thought of sinking to the depths of oblivion. Death in its essence would've been welcome, had she not been burdened to the plethora of uncertainties and unfinished roads. An unconceivable restlessness that tugged the very quarks of her being, anchoring her soul to the sole purpose of knowing the answer to her every borrowed breath. No... No.... Don't put out the lights.

Then the barest of touches. A spark that bridged the gap between an outstretched hand and her fevered brow. In a flash, she was enveloped in lulling warmth and dulcet tones that resonated across the void of space that was within. Filling the great dark with the brightness of a thousand dying stars. An offering of a blessed heart and soul. And so the presence was mollified, esurient thirst sated for the moment. And if the giver would feel anything, they might've felt something wrenched from their heart; as an afflicted beggar would an altruistic offering of blood.

A whiff of an ebullient spring morning, vibrant as vermillion locks on a field of green and calming as her whispered name.

"Rèvie..." And then suddenly, she could see. She caught the briefest hints of a smile, like the cresting of dawn on a shrouded valley. It reminded her so much of what was good and right.

"Emma?" Her lips moved, but there was no sound. And as if she knew, the blessed witch brought forth the coveted fount encased in precious polymersifyougedditloolsryijusthadto. She would've resisted - such resource was painfully rare - if she had not been literally dying for her thirst to be quenched. And as the last drop of cooling fluid trickled past parched lips, she felt her lassitude begin to allay. Her pulse slowed and her choked gasps stilled. She closed her eyes, taking long and deep breaths, allowing the tranquil magic of the moment to mend her unseen wounds.

But as Reverie returned, so too did she become more cognizant of the nearness of the woman with a crown of flaming red. She'd not been this close to anyone in what was arguably a lifetime ago. She felt in her a kindred spirit, a bond of heart and mind inexplicable as they had barely spent much time nor shared much of their own with the other; at least on her part. It was comforting, in a way that reminded her of a longing for an experience she never had. A silver spoon in a gilded mansion wasn't of much use if you had no one else to dance through the marbled hallways with. Her mother had showered her with twice as much love as any single person could give, but even then, a little Rèvie understood the absence of a sibling. Understood the looks the other children cast her way, while she sat in the farthest corner of the class, shunned for being different. She'd never admitted it, this longing. But it was very present, in the way she had struck out to a land halfway around the world with the brightest of ideals blinding her foresight. Callow and foolish. And so she had been shattered in some squalid alleyway. Left to pick up the pieces by herself, cut and bruised, in torn clothing, swearing to herself that this would be the last time. Never again.

And so as Emma spoke of her heroic deeds, she only wished she'd stop. You're wrong..! She wanted to scream at her at how much she was mistaken. I did it for me. I didn't want to die... they were just... in the way. This Reverie was not that person she saw. But the words would not come, instead, she cast her eyes groundward. A coward. Afraid that in her weakness, her ruse might be seen through. When the time came to go, it'd be better to be remembered well, even if it was for things she had not intended to do. This was her.

"I-I can manage.... you've done enough... t-thank you..." Her voice cracked, hoarse even for her naturally alto tones. She took a deep breath, and finally met the sapphire gaze allowing a tired smile and half lidded eyes to hide the cacophony within. She couldn't remember much of what she did after then. More rest, a bowl of lukewarm stew perhaps followed by a cascade of freezing water when she had the strength to walk again.

And when her hazel eyes opened the next morn, it had all passed over like a midnight reverie.
code by Ri.a

Last edited:
[class=biggie] width: 100%; max-width:1200px; margin: 0 auto; text-align: center; clear:both; font-size:12px; color: #140033; font-weight:100; background: #fff;
[/class] [class=whut] background: #fff;[/class] [class=handsomedevil] background: #fff; text-align: center; width:27%; margin: 0 auto; float:left; padding:10px; color: #140033; font-weight:100; [/class] [class=speakeasy] letter-spacing: 3px; word-spacing: 2px; border-bottom: solid 10px #140033; text-align: center; font-size:10px; background: #fafafa; padding:30px; color: #140033; font-weight:100; [/class] [class=speaks] padding:15px; text-align: left; float:right; width:65%; background: #fff;[/class]
[div class=whut]
[div class=biggie]
[div class=speakeasy]
“To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's.”[/div]

[div class=handsomedevil]
c35cb6bb91b0e1a586705fd62a8bfa3c.jpg

NIKLAS LIAM VOSS

[div class=speakeasy]LOCATION:xxxx HQ Foyer > Showerness

OOC:xxxx dooop beeep boop
TAGS:xxxx Reese's Pieces Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater , then open
BGM:xxxxFleetwood Mac - Dreams (saving the other one for later)

96f76618da6e0a49fcf6e82d8ca4cb29.jpg
[/div]
[/div][div class=speaks] What gentle respite had cradled his head, kissed the sleep from his eyes, and tore down the black and red world around him into marrow-colored flits of cloud, and ivory brushes of sea foam. This was the best sleep he'd had in the past two years. Even in the Witch in Queen's warmed embrace, it hadn't been something so serene. Because then it had all been new, that fresh heartache.

The loss of life for his blessed, pagan love, and the child within, who he would've loved the same, or perhaps even more. The friends he had lost, scraped onto the pavement as Henry was, or simply gone like Percy, or...the fate of the pink-haired urchin was something he blotted from his mind, so he thought her gone as well. Those wounds still wrought blood from his heart then.

But now, they were glimmers of light in a distant past. He still thought on them often, but time heals wounds with a slow, burning mend. Often painful, but always necessary. Nik made a sound from his sleepy mouth when he heard the speed of Rhys' erratic heart blaring through his body. Nik realized he was quite possibly drooling, and was about to stretch, then he heard his name.

"N-Nik."
"Mhm..." not yet awake, the blond was content to lay there, nestled and warm, but then he opened his eyes in a daze, just to glance with jewel-toned blues at the searing cyan staring back at him. He felt the other shift, and didn't bother rustling away, intent on staying right where he was. The skin he felt was nice. Warm, the heartbeat flipping—probably flustered—he thought.

"Hey. Wake up."
"Don't want to." Nik instantly felt a sharp pain in his shin, he had been kicked. Instinctively, he rolled over and away from the other man and a flurry of cuss words poured out of his mouth.

"Ah, ow, fuck, shit, ass..bitch, fuck, ow..." he machine-gunned his response to Rhys' kick then started...to cackle. He wheezed into the laugh, managing to sit up straight and bolt more laughter from his mouth, until he realized people were still sleeping. He stifled it with his hand, the muted noise shirking blips of snorts and more chuckling. When he simmered down, he glanced, deliberately.

Nik looked over at the whitelighter with an amused gaze, the temper in his eyes a teasing, mischievous, devilish look that bordered on lascivious. He said nothing, nothing at all, and instead drilled those dark blue eyes into the detective's face, raking over his features, his fluster, aggressive in the way that Nik could be, when his intent was wholly narrowed, specifically goal oriented, and he saw what he wanted. Plainly, and unabashedly.

As quick as the look lingered, he tilted his head away, and stood. Stretching his arms to the ceiling, and cracking his back in one of his token maneuveuers.

"I'm going to go take the shower I've been waiting a fuckin' century for, look after the kids, princess," Nik said with a snort, hopping over Rhys to round to his backpack. He was in luck, as he had plopped down a less than stellar towel beside it the night before, and Alaska wasn't blocking his way to cleanliness. He crept near, hoping not to disturb her, lifted away his towel, and sauntered to the locker room with the confidence and gait of a man who liked to press every single person's buttons.

Especially their holy cop, who he glanced at, over his shoulder, before finally ducking into the locker room.

The water would be freezing, but that was a pain he was more than willing to indulge in. With one last jaunt through the lockers, he managed to score some lavender scented something or other—Olive's favorite smell other than sweets—and he went on the hunt for something else to wear. Finding not much of anything, he did manage to happen upon a pair of navy colored joggers and an old, tattered band t-shirt. It smelled clean, but whoever had worn it had worn it to death and beyond. He didn't begrudge them for that in the slightest. That band was golden.

Placing his new garments and towel on the nearest bench, Nik stripped down, tossed his old blood-soaked ensemble in an open locker, snagged the lavender scented thingamabob and popped into the nearest shower. He wasn't ready for how cold this was going to be, but he was ready to not stink like man and rust and god-knows-what-else.

He let out a small screech when the water pummeled his face. Minerally, cold as a certain witch's tit, unrelenting, but it was better than nothing. Lavendar crap in his hand, he scrubbed down, frigid, lips quivering in the torrent of water slamming his body with razor-sharp chills, and then he let out a laugh.

"Ah, fuck. Fuck, this is worse than v-visiting her fuckin' parents up in M-maine, God...damn." Chills running goosebumps over his skin, and prickling the painful arm wounds, he chattered, scrubbed every inch of himself down, and then shoved his head directly underneath the showerhead to let it soak down, cold to his bones.

Finally finished, he turned the water off and exited the small stall, without a scrap of decency to anyone who may linger within. Nik mulled over the ingredients of the lavender whateverthefuck (body wash) and raised his brows.

"Sodium Lauryl Sulphate...Coco Betaine...the fuck is this shit?" he asked nobody at all, and placed the bottle in the locker in front of his face. Clothes in his hands, he pulled the joggers on, then rifled for some sort of deodorant, but that was just asking too fucking much of the universe, wasn't it? With a grimace, he pulled the t-shirt over his head and moved to pick up his jeans. The joggers had belt loops, thank the God he didn't believe in, and he managed to thread his belt, and refasten his blades with the makeshift sheaths he had orchestrated out of bits and bobs of leather and twining. Next came the new lighter, which he pocketed, the necklace he was saving for a particular witch, the worry stone, and the pack of cigarettes, which were the ones Rhys had passed to him as a gift.

Cigarette between his fingers, a broad smile fell over his face, and he looked at the bit of paper and tobacco for a few moments. He struck his lighter, the light dancing off his features in yellowed yarrow, and lit the end of it, the tip of the cigarette crinkling red and orange as he inhaled.

To stay cheerful when involved in a gloomy and exceedingly responsible business is no inconsiderable art: yet what could be more necessary than cheerfulness? Nothing succeeds in which high spirits play no part. Only excess of strength is proof of strength. Thanks Nietzsche, but I'm busy right now, he flittered his addled brain's mumblings back into the corner of his mind. He wanted to enjoy some small sparks of life left, and the incessant prattling wasn't making that easy.

Items back in their appropriate places, old clothes ditched as they were possibly coated with toxic hell hound gunk, Nik started to leave the locker room with a bright smile on his face. Thinking back to the moments just prior to his brutally cold shower excursion, his smile bloomed like an impatient beach rose, bursting at the corner of his quirked mouth.

Even if the blessed blood in his veins stung the blond, he doubted at this point he could keep away, even if he tried.

[/div][/div]
[div class=biggie]
[div class=speakeasy]“The man who has a conscience suffers whilst acknowledging his sin. That is his punishment.”[/div][/div]

[/div]

Last edited:
Kayden Julian Huang

TAGS: everyone
00C: waky waky eggs and bacy XD

Kayden slowly opened his eyes. He fixed his posture and yawned. Every kind of pain or dizziness from the previous day were now gone, thanks to Emma, the young witch that cured him, that saved him from the certain death. He appreciated the help however he couldn't help but felt like a burden now. All of his life he was a burden, a sin, something that should have never happened. The image of his father projected in his thoughts. He could see his grumpy old face full of wrinkles, his beaming amber eyes staring deep into his soul, as if they wanted to kill whatever was holding him at life, rip him to the very shreds…Kayden shook his head, ''Be gone thot'' he smirked. He didn't know where his ''family'' was or what happened to them after the judgement day but honestly, he didn't even care about them anymore. He imagined them as being a part of one of his nightmares that came to his mind from time to time. Why would he bother with such things. His childhood was shit but he won't let that shit to hold him down.

A sudden happiness filled him. The joy. He felt like dancing and he'd probably do it if he wouldn't be surrounded by people judging him. He felt so damn happy and he wanted to share the happiness, ''Good morning everybody!'' he yelled through the room, while receiving a few deadly glares,''Uhm, that was probably too loud for the morning, sorry,'' he smirked.

It was all so surreal. The way they accepted him... it almost felt like having a real family for the first time in his life. He then sat on the floor near the fire pit and crossed his legs, staring through one of the windows. It was snowing. A snow storm.

[div class=wrapper][div class=box][div class="boxBg boxBgLarge"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgTall"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgMedium"][/div][div class=boxInner][div class=statusBox][div class=characterPortrait][/div][div class=statusText]Location: Policestation
Tags: BasiliskVeranda BasiliskVeranda [/div][/div][div class=title]James[/div][div class=text][/div]
[div class=text]His sleep was great, it was peaceful and had a recovering effect. A good night's rest was just one of the most important things. Waking up he only opened his eyes briefly, turned around and closed them again to lie there for about ten more minutes. Then he crawled out from under his jacket and stood up yawning. Blinking eyes glared around the mostly still quiet room and then found their way towards the locker room. James started walking towards a long needed shower still half asleep. He crossed paths with Nik who was leaving the room James was about to enter and managed to mumble a 'Good Morning' towards his friend.

Arriving inside the locker room James first took off the towel still slung across his neck and arm. The shoulder still hurt, but it was much better than the day before and keeping his good arm in a sling all day could cause problems. He figured he'd be fine. Then he took off his clothes, throwing them onto a bench. His eyes scanned the room for any fresh clothing and he luckily saw a long-sleeved shirt and a pair of jeans that seemed clean and in his size. He kept in mind where they were at, took some lavender body wash out of a locker without thinking and walked towards one of the shower stalls.

He placed the body wash on the ground before figuratively jumping into the cold water. The frigid cold shook the last remnants of sleep out of him straight away. James then proceeded to slowly take away the bandages Nik had applied the evening before, exposing the wounds, burns and the slowly recovering skin to the cold water. They looked better already and weren't about to bleed anymore. After that, he didn't take to much time to shower, walked out the stall and took the former makeshift sling and used it to towel himself. He put the body wash back to where he had taken it from and then put on his more or less new clothes. He took the towel with him and walked out of the locker room again, remembering one important thing.

Hurriedly he walked towards the place he had slept and picked up his jacket, noticing he'd need a new one sooner or later too. He put it on, his hand shot into the pocket with the warding and Niks lighter and a smile spread across his face. He looked around walking up towards Nik, not caring what the man was doing right now, he wasn't about to bother him for long anyway. "Hey, do you want your towel back?" he held the towel up and out towards Nik if he wanted it, but it wasn't James reason to walk up. He was fiddling with the stone in his pocket as he started speaking again "Actually, I've got something else for you. Something important." He took out the warding and pressed it into Niks hand. "That's a warding of some kind, helps against affliction, at least that's what Adisa said. You should talk to him about it." After a second of silence, he added, "Don't ask where I found it."[/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=wrapper] background-color:#000000; box-sizing:border-box; color:#FFFFFF; display:inline-block; position:relative; width:100%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=title] color: #FFFFFF; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:3em; font-style:italic; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class=box] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px; position:relative; [/class] [class=boxBg] box-sizing:content-box; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; width:100%; [/class] [class=boxBgLarge] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0 4px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.35); [/class] [class=boxBgTall] top:-8px;left:3px; padding:8px 0; width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.25); [/class] [class=boxBgMedium] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.4); [/class] [class=boxInner] background-color: #000000; overflow:hidden; margin:0.5em; [/class] [class=statusBox] box-sizing: border-box; border-right: 3px dotted white; padding: 15px; float: left; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=text] padding: 0px 15px 15px 15px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:0.8em; [/class] [class=statusText] font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.75em; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class=characterPortrait] box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover] opacity: 0.5 [/class]

Alaska

tags: Smiley quasi devil BasiliskVeranda BasiliskVeranda , sleepy crush Lakyr Lakyr , i know who you really are muahaha Anise Anise

The smell of peanut butter so pungent and familiar, a slight chill in the air making the tip of her nose cold, the sounds of people moving nearby, and the numb sensation of her arm due to sleeping in the same position for a very long time were the things the young hunter woke up to.
A messy jungle of brown locks greeted her half opened, mascara smudged eyes. Her body ached with every move as she sat up, holding her right arm with her left and shaking it back to life.

Not far from her, James's chest rose and fell peacefully as he slept, the calmest expression apparent on his face. She watched him for a moment, with faint sleepy smile, then staggered to her feet, cracking almost every bone in her body.

The cold water hitting her face sent a shiver down her spine despite the blanket draped around her shoulders. She groaned closing the faucet and made her way back to the lobby. Alaska was not a morning person, the only thing she now thought about was coffee, she still had the taste of cold coffee in her mouth from the previous night.

Movements coming from the locker room startled the young hunter who instinctively reached for her knife. The events of the last fight they had here rushed back to a sleepy memory, but her expression relaxed when the tall quazi-devil came out of there with the brightest smile on his face.
''You scared the crap out of me man!'' she started, taking her hand away from where the knife was at her waist and instead hugging the blanket closer to her body. ''I need coffee to function....Good morning Niklas''

She left him with a smile and dragged herself like a zombie back to the lobby. James rushed passed her with something in his hand. ''Good morn....'' He was in such a hurry, with such a concerned look on his face that she stopped mid sentence, she'd leave him to it.

Alaska grabbed the coffee bottle and plopped down. Her backpack contained a bar dark chocolate among the things she'd looted from the grocery store. The wrapping came off so quick, she ate half of the bar while emptying the bottle. Alaska leaned back till she now completely lay down, eyes staring at the ceiling, trying to convince herself to fully wake the fuck up....Mornings are hard, don't judge.

''Good morning everybody!'.....Uhm, that was probably too loud for the morning, sorry'' Kayden's cheerful greeting earned him a smile, and an exasperated head shake, she walked up to him, sitting by the fire, holding the blanket still close to her.
''You really don't remember me do you?...Kayden." Her expression a mixture of confusion and utter amusment as she whispered his name.
''Or is it Jaemen now? We wen to the same school..'' Alaska's eyes were fixed on the fire, listening to the flicking sound the flames made.

Last edited:
[div class=wrapper][div class=box][div class="boxBg boxBgLarge"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgTall"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgMedium"][/div][div class=boxInner][div class=statusBox][div class=characterPortrait]
tumblr_oh82w9dn9D1srt71fo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_ocz9lelcvN1uxsz7go6_250.gif
8f40cdfe731c58ded6369329c74d0506.jpg
[/div][div class=statusText] Location: Base-Camp + Locker-room
Tags: Blondie BasiliskVeranda BasiliskVeranda
Mentioned: James, Alaska, Jaemin
OOC: Sorry it's so short, I gotta zoom to work
BGM: Name
[/div][/div][div class=title]Rhys Contiello[/div][div class=text]
"Ah, ow, fuck, shit, ass..bitch, fuck, ow..." Those swears were like a litany on his lips, a piece of gospel that he could listen to and not get tired of it. The corner of his mouth curled until he was mirroring that borderline mischievous smile. Rhys was really starting to enjoy that crooked laugh that matched his crooked smile--and his crooked mind. Despite the embarrassment that fluttered through his chest, he couldn't help but think that there was something nice about waking up to that laughter. Even if he couldn't really remember how he had gotten here in the first place. He almost asked for him to come back, the plea dying in his throat as the other man scrambled over to grab a towel. Rhys couldn't take his eyes off him.

"I'm going to go take the shower I've been waiting a fuckin' century for, look after the kids, princess."

A snort left him, wholly amused as the blond clambered over to reach his bag. Rhys watched him walk away, azure tracing the broadness of his shoulders, the way his jeans clung to his--
Nik looked back over his shoulder and Rhys snapped his gaze away, pretending to cough into the back of his hand as the heat started to rise in his face. He was staring at the floor beside him, willing his heart rate to steady to a more presentable beat. There was something weird about this, something new that he didn't quite understand. He had had many people share his bed over the years...but rarely just to sleep. His brain whirled, trying to come up with how he had woken up with Nik curled around him in the first place.
Rhys ran a hand over his face, falling back on the makeshift bed with a bit of a groan.

He wished he could go back to sleep, but after that there was no way.

''Good morning everybody!''

Rhys practically jumped out of his skin. Eyes frantically swerving towards Jaemin as he cheerfully functioned as everyone's alarm clock.
After that is was like the whole camp came alive. Alaska woke up, then James, both heading off in the direction of the locker rooms. A tiny groan slipped from his lips as he slung an arm over his eyes. He wanted the floor to open up and swallow him whole; like another hell gate but less....eternal damnation.

It was another few moments...perhaps another fifteen minutes before he finally pulled himself up. Rhys poked around some of the bags that had been brought in from the cars, his leather jacket had been folded into a ball and haphazardly thrown in. A bit of irritation welled up inside him, but he wasn't in the mindset to get angry so he just shrugged and pulled it on over bare shoulders. His bare feet made soft padding noises as he moved across the chilled floors, heading in the direction of the locker room. Hopefully no one had taken his shoes...or his socks....or his shirt. He rubbed at his jaw, wincing a little as his fingers brushed over the cut across his cheek. Rhys had forgotten about it. For some reason it seemed like the events of the night before were a thousand years in the past.

He shuffled into the locker room, hearing voices but not outwardly acknowledging them. He just really wanted some shoes. Rhys moved towards the bench on auto pilot, sitting down to pull on his socks before slipping his boots back on. Almost instantly he felt better, a little more secure knowing that he wouldn't get tetanus from stepping on some random rusty nail. It took him a minute to find where he put his shirt and once he did, he pulled the jacket off before pulling on the black muscle-T that was far too snug for his own comfort. A shirt was a shirt though so he just pulled the jacket back on over.

"Where the fuck did that knife go?"

The comment was more to himself as he stooped to look under the bench, brows furrowed as he tried to remember where his things had ended up.
[/div]
[div class=text][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=wrapper] background-color:#2a4047; box-sizing:border-box; color:#FFFFFF; display:inline-block; position:relative; width:100%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=title] color: #b5b7b7; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:3em; font-style:italic; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class=box] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px; position:relative; [/class] [class=boxBg] box-sizing:content-box; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; width:100%; [/class] [class=boxBgLarge] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0 4px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.35); [/class] [class=boxBgTall] top:-8px;left:3px; padding:8px 0; width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.25); [/class] [class=boxBgMedium] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.4); [/class] [class=boxInner] background-color: ##2a4047; overflow:hidden; margin:0.5em; [/class] [class=statusBox] box-sizing: border-box; border-right: 3px dotted white; padding: 15px; float: left; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=text] padding: 0px 15px 15px 15px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:0.8em; [/class] [class=statusText] font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.75em; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class=characterPortrait] box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover] opacity: 0.5 [/class]

[class=biggie] width: 100%; max-width:1200px; margin: 0 auto; text-align: center; clear:both; font-size:12px; color: #162e70; font-weight:100; background: #dee3ea;
[/class] [class=whut] background: #dee3ea; padding:20px;[/class] [class=handsomedevil] border: solid 1px #e5e5e5; background: #fff; text-align: center; width:25%; margin: 0 auto; float:left; padding:8px; color: #162e70; font-weight:800; [/class] [class=speakeasy]border: solid 5px #f7f7f7; letter-spacing:1px; word-spacing: 4px; text-align: center; font-size:12px; padding:20px; color: #162e70; font-weight:100; letters-spacing: 3px; word-spacing: 2px; background: #fff;[/class] [class=speakeasy2] letter-spacing:1px; word-spacing: 4px; text-align: LEFT; font-size:14px; padding:20px; color: #162e70; font-weight:100; letters-spacing: 3px; word-spacing: 2px;[/class] [class=speaks] padding:4%; text-align: left; float:right; width:62%; background:#fff; border: solid 1px #e5e5e5; [/class]
[div class=whut]
[div class=biggie]

[div class=handsomedevil] [div class=speakeasy]"To go wrong in one`s own way is better than to go right in someone else's." [/div]
c35cb6bb91b0e1a586705fd62a8bfa3c.jpg

𝘕𝘐𝘒𝘓𝘈𝘚 𝘓𝘐𝘈𝘔 𝘝𝘖𝘚𝘚
[div class=speakeasy2]𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 — HQ Foyer
𝐎𝐎𝐂 — is adisa sleeping halp
𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐒 — Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater Chise_Robin_ Chise_Robin_ Kaas Kaas halp, halp
𝐁𝐆𝐌 — BLUR - SONG 2[/div]
c3afaa327f1a7aa93a40b4bf034479c8.jpg

[div class=speakeasy]“The man who has a conscience suffers whilst acknowledging his sin. That is his punishment.”[/div][/div][div class=speaks]
Nik was idling with his cigarette, thinking but not quite thinking, that space between wake and sleep and dreams and seeing. Little foggy glows upon the vision, mental movies swimming circles as he smiled, flicked the ash off of his cigarette, and wondered. Just what did this fresh hell have in store for all of them? How far could all their journeys go? Would he see the glimmer of another tomorrow?

His smile was bright, but his eyes were searching, and not seeing. But glancing at the paths ahead. Something he didn't do very often, as he liked to live in the moment.

''You scared the crap out of me man!'' Alaska shot her words at him like a ton of bricks and he quirked a smile.
"Shit, sorry...I'm not an enemy of the state," he said with a snort, holding his hands up comically. Ash flecked from his cigarette and he gave her a warm smile, his eyes crinkling. She was terse this morning, apparently. But he didn't blame her in the least bit. Apparently his home state was not a morning person.
''I need coffee to function....Good morning Niklas.''
"Good morning to you too..."
he was about to ask her if she'd save him some, or make some, or something along those lines but she had hauled ass so fast out of the bathroom that he was just standing there relatively starstruck. Clearly, he had either not quite woken up yet, even with that frigid shower. Or, his addled brain was even more encumbered than usual.

Nik's expression soured suddenly, as the expanse of space he had left on this rotted earth, peeled apart like a festered fruit, was short. What dreams he was given, and what life he could've lived on some alternative timeline. It was gravel in his soul, scraping under his skin, biting into his veins.

He mulled over his lower lip with his teeth, flicked ash to the ground, and walked forward, slow, head lost in the clouds of smoke that bloomed around him like sleepy willow wisps. His little warning, how would she have fared in all this? She was a self-sacrificing sort. No doubt she would've thrown herself in harms way for the sake of a fucking pigeon, if he was being honest with himself. Her flame flickered in his heart, and he soured again, taking to biting at his nails, though his cigarette was there to distract him as well. Twirling smoke into the air like a ballerina on twisting ankles.

It wasn't that he was without burdens, or worries, or fears, or pain. The smiles and the joy and the laughter were who he truly was. But...you had to be a brave sort to laugh in the face of your own death—or the death of your soul—because joy was a measure of strength. Better to laugh, than to die snarling at the loss of everything you hold dear...

"Hey, do you want your towel back?" Nik was startled out of his foggy contemplation, and stopped chewing at his nails hesitantly. His eyes refocused, he took his towel back, and opened his mouth to speak. But was halted.
"Actually, I've got something else for you. Something important." James placed a smooth stone in his hand, a curious thing, that seemed to glimmer and hum a bit at his touch. The blond made a sound with his mouth, not unlike a low hum, not quite a 'hmm'.
"That's a warding of some kind, helps against affliction, at least that's what Adisa said. You should talk to him about it." Shock struck his face, ripping away the cloudiness of his thoughts, his heart skipping a beat in his rib cage.
"I—"
"Don't ask where I found it."
"I won't," he said with a laugh, shocked again twice in one morning. Nik pocketed the stone in the same pocket that held his pink sunglasses, deep as they were joggers after all. He stood for a moment, and then let his dark blue eyes meet James', Nik's vision flickering to a moment of weakness, much like the one he had displayed last night near his younger friend.
"...thanks, kid." Nik offered his young friend a full smile, and gathered him at the shoulder for a quick hug, the patting kind that men do when they're trying not to have an emotional moment.
"How're ya' doin?" he asked with a gentle tone to his voice. He seemed a bit more chipper, far less haggard or burdened, thanks to the good sleep, Nik guessed. Hunters also had the uncanny capacity to heal much more quickly, or at least it seemed that way to him. It could've been a trick of his mind, however.

As they walked, and talked, Nik blew smoke rings, and scanned the area for Adisa. Who may or may not have been sleeping. He wasn't quite sure.

Man is the most bungled of all the animals, the sickliest, and not one has strayed more dangerously from its instincts. But for all that, of course, he is the most interestingYou can fuck right off, I'm not interested, he thought to his other little warning bell. Or perhaps his newly minted descent into madness. He flicked his warbling brain's word garbage aside, and with a bit more pep in his step, sauntered on, his soul renewed, his smile absolute, his destination decided.

He wasn't going to get dragged to hell after all. At least, not today.

Not today, Satan.

[/div][/div]
[div class=biggie]
[/div]

[/div]

[class=name] font-size: 36px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 4px; color: #a1ff8e; opacity: 0.7; width: 280px; margin:auto; margin-left:-10px; margin-top:-20px; text-shadow: 2px 0 0 #7c9d80; [/class] [class name=picbox] margin:auto; margin-top:20px; background: #000000 url('https://i.imgur.com/zWexf3H.jpg') no-repeat center center; background-size:200px; width: 200px; height: 200px; border-radius: 250px; border: 3px solid #eaf6ff; transition-duration: 1s; [/class] [class name=picbox state=hover] border-radius:20px; [/class] [class=locbox] transition-delay:.2s; background: grey; Height: 180px; text-align:center; Width: 180px; border: 1px solid black; margin-top:40px; margin:auto; padding-top:10px; color: Ivory; transition-duration: 1s; opacity:0; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; letter-spacing:1.2px; border-radius:20px; [/class] [class name=locbox state=hover] opacity:0.8; [/class] [class=hidescrollcontent] background: grey url('http://www.goldieslounge.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/tumblr-static-dark-background-simple-black-and-white-liniar-background-hd.jpg') repeat; margin-top: -30px; height:450px; width:300px; Font-size:11px; overflow-x:hidden; margin:auto; padding: 25px; border-radius:20px; border-left: 3px solid #eaf6ff; border-bottom: 3px solid #eaf6ff; border-top: 3px solid #b6cbdb; border-right: 3px solid #b6cbdb; [/class] [class=contentbox] height:415px; width:300px; padding: 5px; color:#ffffff; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; Font-size:11px; overflow-y:scroll; text-align:justify; [/class]

[div class=picbox][div class=locbox]Location:

Tags: None

Mentions: Briefly Darius & Kayden [/div][div class=name]Luíza[/div]

[/div]

[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]
With every fiber of her being, Luíza hoped that with sleep didn't come the inevitable assault of nightmares. Unfortunately for her, the powers that be had other plans. As soon as she'd closed her eyes, gnarled hands of darkness had pulled her brain into the familiar throes of panic.
She sat alone in a dark room, knelt on the cold floor, eyes squeezed shut. She could feel some presence pressing around her, but this presence wasn't physical. Despite knowing she was alone, Luíza screwed her eyes shut even more so, as if to shut out the malicious being that loomed just out of reach.
The mere lack of action had set Luíza on edge, the feeling that with every moment that she remained sedentary, the inevitable emergence of her demons would be that much worse. Still though, she feared opening her eyes, the thought of some apparition assaulting her keeping her in her place. As she sat, the beat of her heart only quickened, beats seemingly getting louder until they sounded like they were bursting from her chest. Around her, the sound reverberated, bouncing back towards her central location in the room and only getting louder as her own little chorus of heartbeats attacked her. No longer could she feel the menacing presence, drowned out by the sound and feel of a thousand heartbeats.
When Luíza screamed, they stopped, cacophony of noise silenced by her cry, only the heart in her chest thumping furiously now.
I need to get the fuck out of here, she thought. But where? Nightmares were inescapable. Here, there was a noticable lack of inner voice to snap her back to reality, no magic words to sew her fragmented mind back together long enough to escape the hell she so frequently found herself in. She was envious of the voice for getting a break from everything.
Flexing her wrists, eyes still closed though her vision swam with kaleidoscopeic light, Luíza found that they were bound, the cold metal of cuffs biting into her wrists.
"Fuck." She spat out, rolling her eyes up as if to glare at the being she presumed was still there. Though its dark edges seeped into the edges of her awareness again, it didn't speak.
"Well fuck you then." Again she tested the cuffs which, unsurprisingly, were still there. Gathering every shred of courage, Luíza opened her eyes.
The eyes that met her own dark ones surprised her. Or rather, the thousands of eyes. She wasn't in a room at all. Luíza had been kneeling in a translucent box, surrounded by thousands of people, their faces a mix of hatred and horror, though most eyes seemed fixated on something behind her.
Swinging her head around frantically, her dark eyes only widened as they locked on to some massive screen that had been playing video behind her. This was no movie. Over and over every one of her mortal kills replayed itself, and with every replay she could feel the anger, the hatred of the crowd growing. They drew closer to the box, their faces transforming to both her "victims" and their families.
Curling herself into a ball, Luíza started sobbing.
"I'm sorry I'm so sorry..." Over and over she repeated herself. Their silence spoke volumes.
One solitary voice finally spoke up.
"Luíza Montero. A verdict has been reached."
Fear unlike any clawed at Luiza's insides as she sat up, face stained with tears as she tried to gain composure. This was a trial. Simultaneously the crowd began to chant.
"Kill her. Kill her."
"No!" She wailed, clutching at her chest, where once again her heart felt like it would break free from its cage. They didn't listen though, hands beginning to reach for the pedestal her box had been sitting on, fists pounding the outside, their sound echoing inside.
Feeling smaller than ever, Luíza shut her eyes again, a terrified keen rising in her throat.
This was it.
"Good morning everybody!"
What the-

Luíza was ripped from her nightmare, bolting upright as adrenaline shot through her veins. Eying Kayden with a mixture of gratefulness and irritation, she clutched the threadbare blanket she'd been sleeping with to her chest. She was fucking cold, and watching the others get up, she detested the way in which all of them arose from their slumber. Peaceful, if not cold, though the way some of them lay suggested not everyone had a cold, uncomfortable night.
By no means was she having a good fucking morning, and the amicable greetings that people were tossing at each other only irked her more.
Where the hell was the angel that had kissed all of their foreheads in their sleep, and why did it skip her? Gritting her teeth, Luíza only sat back on her haunches, wrapping the pathetic blanket around herself as she glared at everyone silently. Who cared if they noticed?
Someone was going to lose a finger if they approached and asked who'd pissed in her Cheerios.
Subconsciously her brown eyes sought out a familiar face in Daruis, frown deepening as her search came up fruitless. No sign of the young man. Probably for the best. She didn't want to be the rain cloud on someone else's morning.
Yawning, Luíza tried to blink away the weariness that still pulled at her eyelids. The voice was thankfully silent, perhaps still asleep in her head, another entity within herself, another thing to be pissed about.
She needed food.
[/div][/div]

Last edited:
Luciel
JustAki JustAki

"Can you remember who you were before the world told you who you should be?" This...was a strange question to Luci. He never really did much as a child. He was born into a very, and I mean VERY religious. His mother was a control freak, and his father was an oblivious muscle head. After the.."incidents" with his mother, his father took him to a monastery when he was ten. He was raised by the sisters, with the other children. And..Kind of the priest. (he was sketchy af). Then, the demon came. Luci shook his head and turned back to Haruka. "Who was I? I...was nobody... I was on the run for quite a while..My home was long gone..right now, I cant focus on who I was..but on what I will become." Luci responds. Luci's face turns beet red. "O-oh..Did I ramble for too long?" Luci asks. He scratch's the back of his head nervously. "Sorry.." He apologizes. Although a tad embarrassed, small smile tugs at the corner of his lips

Haruka
harukaa.jpg

"Who was I? I...was nobody... I was on the run for quite a while..My home was long gone..right now, I cant focus on who I was..but on what I will become." He said as his face became beet red. 'That sounds familiar...Locke?' Haruka thought, looking at Luci with cold emerald green eyes. Her eyes focusing on Locke's, no, Luci's face. "O-oh right...I'm sorry" Haruka said, smiling at Luci as she continues to look at him. Chuckling at his face, Haruka's eyes soften at the sight. "...You look like a tomato, Kawaii" Haruka said as she stop infront of the shower room. "...and here we are."

'No matter how strong of a person you are, there's always someone who can make you weak' A lone voice said, it's voice echoed through out but only one person heard it.

Luci
JustAki JustAki

"...You look like a tomato, Kawaii" Haruka said to Luci. Broke into a small sweat. He looked like a tomato? Did he blush to much? Was that a complement? or and insult? Luci was overthinking it. "...and here we are." Haruka's words broke Luci out of his thoughts. As Haruka had said, they stopped in front of a pair of doors. Luci sighs in relief. Quest reach the showers ended. "Ah..Thank you Haruka, I would have been lost with out you" So..uh..do you awnt to go first..? I'm fine to wait.." Luci inquires.

Harukaharukaa.jpg

"Ah..Thank you Haruka, I would have been lost with out you" So..uh..do you want to go first..? I'm fine to wait.." Luci said making Haruka chuckle. "No, you should go first, It's fine..." Haruka said before turning to Luci and started to wiggle her eyebrows. "Or maybe you wanted to take a shower together" she continued, smiling mischievously as she look at Luci with her green eyes. Chuckling silently, Haruka nod her head toward the door and said "Well, you can go first, I don't really mind"

Luci
JustAki JustAki

"No, you should go first, It's fine..." Haruka replies "Oh, alright, I wont take all to lo-" "Or maybe you wanted to take a shower together" Haruka interrupted rather suggestively. Luci jumped back out of surprise. his face was growing even redder than before. W-why would she say that? I-if that happened.. she wouldn't be able to marry... but maybe.. NO THAT IS UNHOLY BOI, UNHOLY! Haruka chuckled, then nodded to the door. "Well, you can go first, I don't really mind" Luci was on all fours at this point. He wanted this torture to end. "T-thank you.." he managed to stutter out. Luci got back up, and shuffled into the showers.

Luci pulls his shirt off, and looks down. The black tattoo has spread even further. Luci sighs, the black ink swirling and spiraling around, like jet black snakes slithering around his body. Luci remembers back to when Sister Maria would read the children the stories from the bible. Like when Eve was tricked into eating the forbidden fruit. the devil, Satan, took the form of a serpent to fool the couple. Luci sighed yet again, dreading his inevitable demise. After undressing, Luci turns the shower knob. "H-Hot!" He yells when the scalding water hits his face, as he franticly turns the cold water on. After adjusting the temperature, he actually begins the shower part of the shower. Why me? Luci asks himself. Why was this curse bestowed upon me? Was it because I didn't pray enough? Or was It because I ran when... they needed me? Is this my punishment? Tears start flowing down his face. "Is this..your..revenge...Maria..? I'm..I'm so...sorry..." Luci sobs out. He couldn't tell the difference between his tears, and the water that flew down his face.

Harukaharukaa.jpg

As Luci went inside, Haruka just stood there, not moving. 'He does act like Locke, oh how I miss that idiot.' Inner said, Laughing silently. 'I miss him too. His smile. His laugh. His eyes. His Soft hair. Everything. I miss Locke.' Haruka said as she look at her hands. She could feel the blood dripping from it. Dripping from the top to the bottom. 'I hate getting flashbacks from things I don't want to remember'

"All my life I've been waiting for" The lyrics of the song she sung, caused a cascade of memories and regret. At that moment, a single tone began to emerge from her mouth that seemed a voice of some kind. The melody told her everything she had gone through, everything she had experienced, was worth the terrible price she had paid. "I've been praying for. For the people to say. That we don't wanna fight no more, They'll be no more wars And our children will play. One day, one day, one day. "
'One day, People would be free from this nightmare and A new age will come. An age without demons, war, monsters.'

'keep dreaming'

Luci
Interacting with: JustAki JustAki Mentioned: Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater Rui Rui BasiliskVeranda BasiliskVeranda

After Luci finished drying his hair, he dressed back up, in his white hoodie and scuffed black pants. He walked out and spotted Haruka standing next to the door, singing a song. "Ah, Haruka, um, The showers open now..haha.." Luci says. "I-if its alright with y-you..I can stick a-around.." Luci stutters. Luci sits down next to the door. He allows his mind to wander around. He wondered where Rhys was. Last time he had seen Rhys, he was with that strange man with the two children. Now that he actually thinks about it. He has been travelling with a lot of pretty weird people. A white haired witch, who had a thing for Rhys. He even remembered the time when he saw her..h..breasts. Luci's face turned pink. A shady scavenger, Ezra, I believe his name was. A not-so-friendly-flirt, Nik, he heard Rhys call him once. And the Bad gurl biker chick. Luci has fond memories of her. After that shower, Luci was feeling pretty tired. Luci decided to curl up into the fetal postion, and nod off into the land of no return

STELLA:E968DEE6-2D29-4BCB-9781-965479D890F5.jpeg
Mentions: None

OC: I’m back c:....heeeeeere’s STELLA!
————————————————————
The aforementioned white witch had been waiting for an available shower for eternities.

After rummaging through a few desks and building a bon fire worthy of a country style ho down, and watching the small brat through the rising flames with a gaze so heated that it could melt lead, she wandered back to the cleared lockers, and awaited an available showering room.

Finally, one was ready.

Stella stepped in, stripping off the large T-shirt and her other bits of clothing, and tossed them out of the curtained stall. She turned on the faucet, cranking the water to towards the red ‘H’ on the right side. The water was frigid at first, and goosebumps prickled her skin almost painfully, then, slowly the cold morphed into scalding water that produced a cloud of steam around her.

Just how she liked it.

God, she’d missed showers.

In the time before, when Christian had just moved in, he’d hopped in the shower with her by surprise. He was trying to be spontaneous and sexy, and she blamed those trashy romantic novels he read, but instead her scared her senseless, and she slipped and busted her butt. He sat with her while she sat on an ice pack for 3 days before the purple lump on her backside calmed down enough to allow for proper and less painful movement.

He felt awful, but they’d had some good laughs, after she finished throwing every curse-word and profane phrase she knew around the bathroom of their apartment at full volume.

As she lathered up her rapunzel-like long hair, she thought back on how it used to be. Back in the day, her hair was cut in a bob, with side bangs and everything. It was very sleek and stylish; at least she thought so. In the coven no one cut their hair, so when she got out, it was the first thing she did. It was freeing; an act of rebellion, of new beginnings, and it caught the attention of a beautiful boy named Christian she’d call her own, for a time.

She ran her fingers gingerly through her long pale hair, and sighed. She felt like a child again with her unruly hair. Yet somehow, it defined her as she was. In both cases she was surrounded by evil, trying to survive. Her short hair had signified the break between this time of struggle, and was a time of peace and ease and goodness. She rinsed the soap out of her hair, and shut off the water, leaning her small body against the cold tile shower wall, moist with condensation from the steam.

She hoped she’d live to cut her hair again, to be surrounded by goodness again, to love again.

She stepped out and bundled herself in a towel, and went off in search of some new attire more fitting for the weather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back