• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Land Of Opportunity

summerwine

an angel's kiss in spring
First off, to get this straight, this is an idea that came to my head after watching the movie "Brooklyn". I'm not the best with history but I did like the whole concept of the movie so much. I decided to create a bit of a twist on it and created my own rp. No, this is not a fandom based rp.

It might not be completely accurate to the 1900's. If you do have a problem with that please pm me and we can discuss about it.

Oh, and this is just an idea. The whole plot isn't completely set in stone yet.

The Land Of Opportunity

Imagine yourself back in 1952. You have either lived in New York for most of your life or you have just came off of the boat from wherever you were born.

If you came off the boat you're searching for a new life for yourself. Trying to make it in the city of hope. You either have already found a little apartment/tenement or a boarding house for immigrants.

Now, for people who have lived here your whole life since your parents/grandparents moved to New York. You already know this world. You've grown up here.

Now, the setting takes place in Brooklyn or other places near Brooklyn. (thats all I have so far)

-The age ranges are about teen years to early or mid twenties.

-Npc's for your characters can be sent to me through pm so I can put them in neutral characters

For example: You have a big italian family for your character in the rp.

You all meet at a dance one night for immigrants or family members of immigrants.

You can make friends, romances, enemies. Anything really.

P.S. I'm so sorry if this is a bit confusing. I just came up with this and didn't want it to slip from my mind. Any questions just pm me or ask on the this. <3

JaneXJeff said:
I really like this idea ^^
Thank you so much! I'll keep you posted! <3

[QUOTE="Haus Of Alaska]Looks interesting,
but im signed up to soo many roleplays not sure how many more I can do :(

[/QUOTE]
Its alright dear <3. I understand that struggle. Yet somehow I continue with the rps xD . Well, whenever I do make the thread I'll keep ya posted so if you want to join, you can. ^^

[QUOTE="Haus Of Alaska]screw it im in :P

[/QUOTE]
YESSSS! *hugs* YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH THAT MAKES ME FEEL JOY!!!! cx

You guys planning on making character sheets? I'm thinking about starting this rp quite soon once I have an even amount of males and females <3

[QUOTE="Darth Gangsta]Hell yeah I'll join this.

[/QUOTE]
YAYY. Goodness, I love you people who have been in most of my rps. It makes me so happy to see all of your pretty characters once again! cx.

Alright, make a character soon! Because I'd really love to start this at some point tonight!! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back