• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Land of Legends

How much input do we have when making up world elements for back stories (adding to the setting and such).

Basically, each country will have enough built into them to hold their own arcs. Of course upon release there will only be a few places partially finished, but even at that point we will still be working on completing it all. It's pretty big, so it will take time. In about ten days we should be ready to start accepting characters. I want this role play to be one of development with the characters themselves. I have a plot already set in place in case people want to start out as their own custom race. Of course you'll have to PM me about that race so we can look it over.

@Avouleance

Tetro said:
Basically, each country will have enough built into them to hold their own arcs. Of course upon release there will only be a few places partially finished, but even at that point we will still be working on completing it all. It's pretty big, so it will take time. In about ten days we should be ready to start accepting characters. I want this role play to be one of development with the characters themselves. I have a plot already set in place in case people want to start out as their own custom race. Of course you'll have to PM me about that race so we can look it over.
@Avouleance
Provided elves and orcs are both part of the world and can interbreed I'm all fine for character race.

Last edited by a moderator:
Avouleance said:
Provided elves and orcs are both part of the world and can interbreed I'm all fine for character race.
You'll have to PM me about that. Because there are multiple kinds of elves and two different kinds of orcs.

Okay, everyone still interested. Like this post.

UPDATE: I am spending the week with my brother. But worry not! The lore is coming along smoothly and I am still working on getting the details for each race! I may extend the date the role play will be open but I am doing this so that you all have a good time. I don't want to disappoint ^_^

Tetro said:
Okay, everyone still interested. Like this post.
UPDATE: I am spending the week with my brother. But worry not! The lore is coming along smoothly and I am still working on getting the details for each race! I may extend the date the role play will be open but I am doing this so that you all have a good time. I don't want to disappoint ^_^
I hyped instead of liked but I feel the need to say that I am 100% interested

UPDATE!

We are rolling out, with great progress, many races. The whole update to RPNation is kind of making things wonky though, so we don't know if the role play will be arriving as soon as we thought. Sorry guys it may be a while depending on how things go with the coding and what not. The map is also a big deal, which is still being drawn.

Here is something as well, there is A LOT of lore for each individual country within the role play. I mean, there are pages of this crap in the google docs I've made. Now I figure that since the role play is open world with awesome quests and interaction and stuff, the best thing to do to keep good pacing and not overwhelm would be implementing a way of lore revealing as your characters go about their journeys.

An example would be the grand library in the capital, where your character could go and read the lore from one of the books. But instead of me sending it in a PM or whatever, I would post it in a tab for all to read, in chronological order of course. Basically I am not going to spam you all with lore that you don't really want to know about at the moment. If you want your character to bother my character with constant 'history' questions and information, then you'll be able to. Or even adventure to one of the countries and ask around or read one of their books.

Thoughts?

Also I wanna make sure you all know as well to look at the post previous to my tagging, so go ahead and give it a like

Tetro said:
UPDATE!
We are rolling out, with great progress, many races. The whole update to RPNation is kind of making things wonky though, so we don't know if the role play will be arriving as soon as we thought. Sorry guys it may be a while depending on how things go with the coding and what not. The map is also a big deal, which is still being drawn.

Here is something as well, there is A LOT of lore for each individual country within the role play. I mean, there are pages of this crap in the google docs I've made. Now I figure that since the role play is open world with awesome quests and interaction and stuff, the best thing to do to keep good pacing and not overwhelm would be implementing a way of lore revealing as your characters go about their journeys.

An example would be the grand library in the capital, where your character could go and read the lore from one of the books. But instead of me sending it in a PM or whatever, I would post it in a tab for all to read, in chronological order of course. Basically I am not going to spam you all with lore that you don't really want to know about at the moment. If you want your character to bother my character with constant 'history' questions and information, then you'll be able to. Or even adventure to one of the countries and ask around or read one of their books.

Thoughts?
Might want to PM each character with what they'd know of the lore when the game starts but after that you could just not tell us the lore (have it be in the background open to interpretation but leave us to figgure it out based on what happens in the rp.

Warb said:
Interested. I have an idea for a race, if you've got room for another.
PM me

@Avouleance Well I am going to have to trust that no one will meta-game. If they do then I'll know. Which is against the rules.

Okay everyone, let me make this clear cause this is a common thing it seems.

Custom races DO NOT include anything that was already made. Come to me with a creature YOU have made up. Not a griffin, or phoenix, or ent. Because those aren't custom, you can google them. If I can google them and get info on them, they are not custom.

[QUOTE="Scarlet Wyvern]Are you still looking for people? I'm dying to get in a good, in depth roleplay with battles and monsters and magicks!

[/QUOTE]
You can join.

I'm interested, this looks like it has a lot of potential and I'm excited to see that you have come up with pages of lore :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back