• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Kingsword Will Stand [OOC]

Solution for Posting Order

• 1. People can post 2-3 times before everyone gets a turn

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • 2. People can post 2-3 times before everyone gets a turn, wait at least 5 hours between posts

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 3. We Make A Posting Order

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Other (PM Me :))

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Considering that he'd be more of a burden in combat right now, I was thinking five enchanted throwing knives that he keeps on the chest belt; Fire, Ice, Wind, Lightning, and one special "trick" knife. The elemental ones are pretty self explanatory, pretty much just add that element to the damage with a few utility uses depending on the element. The trick knife is probably the most interesting, as it can ricochet off of things without losing momentum and can be called back to Kash from wherever it is by use of a special glove. Its mainly so that he's not completely defenseless if he throws all five though.

Considering that he'd be more of a burden in combat right now, I was thinking five enchanted throwing knives that he keeps on the chest belt; Fire, Ice, Wind, Lightning, and one special "trick" knife. The elemental ones are pretty self explanatory, pretty much just add that element to the damage with a few utility uses depending on the element. The trick knife is probably the most interesting, as it can ricochet off of things without losing momentum and can be called back to Kash from wherever it is by use of a special glove. Its mainly so that he's not completely defenseless if he throws all five though.
There is no requirement for all the characters to be useful in combat- Nimue is a prophet and Aenwyn is a healer, for example, and Julian would much rather run away from a fight. Vail, Myara, Marnie, Aevar and the Druids are our heavy hitters, but typically a Bard isn't expected to be.

Last edited:
I suppose that's true...still, I think at least the trick knife would be a nice addition. He's pretty much an open target when they're all gone after all, considering he has no other weapons.

In case we're waiting on me to post, I don't want to until I hear from @viloxand they say my character is good and I can post.

I think at least partially people were waiting on me. Sorry I've been mia. A lot has changed, welcome new people.

And I have no idea what's going on with Aenwyn's formatting. I can't seem to fix it.

I think at least partially people were waiting on me. Sorry I've been mia. A lot has changed, welcome new people.

And I have no idea what's going on with Aenwyn's formatting. I can't seem to fix it.
Loved the Agathon post~ ^w^

For Aenwyn's, PM me your post (just the contents, without the coding) and I'll fix it for ya <3

Mkay all, to help keep things on track until Vil gets back, I'm stepping in as unofficial co-GM; everyone is free to post for their characters and, if Vil doesn't get back by next week, I'll give us a fun little mini-scene event to tide us over~

As a reminder, the new cast list is as follows:
-The True Heir, Vail Fairfax/Altaine, played by Caffeinated Joy Caffeinated Joy
-The Sellsword, Myara Etyana Valar, played by Ayama Ayama
-The Young Oracle, Nimue, played by viloxii viloxii
-The Sorceress, Marnie Sapphire, played by DeepBlue DeepBlue
-The Healer, Aenwyn, played by Lost Echo Lost Echo
-The Fallen Heir of Morava, Aevar Istedir, played by Soviet Panda Soviet Panda
-The Thief, Julian Valerius the IIIrd, played by Ayama Ayama
-The Female Druid, Antigone, played by Caffeinated Joy Caffeinated Joy
-The Male Druid, Agathon, played by Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon
-The Bard, Kash Willik, played by Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon

* Rolls up sleeves* OK, lemme take a stab at this.

We open with The Oracle, Nimue, arriving at the The Gold Nugget tavern in Tiamat, Morava wearing a thin dress completely not suited to the weather. She's there because her visions have told her The True Sovereign will be there. She takes a seat by the fire, fighting the headache her visions bring on.

Vail Fairfax arrives next, chats with a farmer a long the way, stables his horse, chats with the stablehands, and goes into the tavern. He's been traveling with Myara, who took up the job of Vail bodyguard, (though he doesn't really need one), a few months ago because he saved her life. They've been separated for a few weeks, because they both had jobs in different directions. Vail has been traveling around taking odd jobs while looking for information on his father and not meeting with much success. His home village of Selone, Alchilba, was destroyed by bandits nearly 3 years ago and he thinks he's the only survivor.

Myara arrives next, reminiscing about the time Vail saved her life. She was attacked by bandits, Vail discovered them, and...went berserk. (triggered much?) She doesn't talk much. She joins Vail at his table.

Julian arrives, after having been kicked out of an inn for bedding the innkeepers daughter. He's charming, flirtatious, and think far too much of his appearance and spends more time on his hair than most women.

Aevar is next. He finds Julian, orders food (he's always hungry), grumbles about his mother, swears vengeance, and demands to know if Julian has heard anything about The True Sovereign.

The Healer, Aenywn comes in, soaking wet and miserable. She makes her way through the tavern to sit at a table close the fire, which happens to be the table Vail & Myara are at. Vail talks chatters enough for everyone, much to the dismay of Myara and Aenwyn. They all eat supper, or try to.

The Sorceress, Marnie, arrives. She's had a bit of trouble with the local youth, after stumbling in the muddy street and falling into the mud puddle. She is also a survivor of the attack on Selone, but doesn't know Vail is in the tavern. Nor does Vail know she's arriving. Kids teas her after she trips, and miserable, she pushes into the tavern without looking at anyone. Vail is too busy talking to take notice of her.

The Druid siblings arrive, Antigone and Agathon. Antigone's real name is Lady Imogen Fletchborne. Agathon's in Lord Declan Fletchborne. Antigone is gifted with plant magic and has the ability bond with animals. Agathon (Aggie, to Antigone), is an elementalist of great power, but he lacks the confidence in himself to utilize it, or see it. They are with Antigone's animal friends, the bear, Luna, the white wolf, Barrow, and the mouse, Clover (who doesn't seem to like Julian). Antigone has a strong connection to Mother Earth, who has been letting anyone who would listen know she wasn't happy and needs things to be fixed or else. Julian, Aevar, Antigone and Agathon played together as kids, though Aevar was only 3 at the time and barely remembers them.

Julian recognized Antigone and Agathon, and just about blows their cover. Antigone grabs his arm right at the pressure point near the elbow, and drags him to the barn. She introduces him to hear animals and warns him that if he blows their cover she will let her animals end him. A stablehand overhears it and runs inside screaming that the bears going to eat him. The party goes the stables. Situation is diffused.

Vail and Marnie see each other, recognize each other, and reunite tearfully, chattering to each other in elvish. They grew up together, and Marnie decides she needs to tell Vail how she feels about him. She's about to talk, when Nimue has a vision and reveals Vail is The True Sovereign, which Vail adamantly denies. She reveals everyone in the group is important, then passes out before she can say more. Aenwyn and Antigone tend to her. When she wakes up, she tries to convince Vail he is The True Sovereign. He says he isn't, starts to get agitated, and Myara calms him down. Aevar decides to try befriending Vail, since he's going to need the True Sovereign's help to get his revenge on his mother, Queen Iseld

Julain scoops Nimue up in his arms and takes her up the stairs, getting the largest room for them and announcing to the tavern keeper it's on Aevar's tab. Aenwyn goes with Julian and Nimue. Antigone soon follows.

Myara, Marnie and Vail re-order supper and finally eat.

Nimue wakes up and tells Antigone to tell Vail to read the journal. Antigone goes downstairs and passes the message on, sees Julian and Agathon already deep in their cups, and tells julian she'll tie him up and shave him bald if she gets Agathon in trouble, the goes to the stables to sleep.

Next morning, Aevar wakes up goes downstairs for breakfast.

Next morning, Vail gets up early, goes downstairs with his father's journal (which he's had for 3 years, but not been able to make himself read), and goes out into the back yard of the tavern to read it. He discovers he is, in fact The True Sovereign, and his name is really Vail Altaine, not Vail Fairfax. The armour his father gave him is the king's armour, the sword he has is The Kingmaker, and the medallion he wears is a seal. To what, he doesn't know. He only manages to read the first few pages before he has to close the book. He gets up and does some drills with his sword.

Nimue, Aenwyn and Marnie wake up. Nimue and Aenwyn join Aevar at the table, while Marnie goes outside to watch Vail and Myara sparring (see below).

Myara comes downstairs and finds him outside. Watches him practice, then determines he needs a body to practice with, and tosses a shutter staff at him while grabbing one for herself. They spar, Vail ends up knocking her into the mud, but she hooks his leg and drops him on her way down. They lie in the mud laughing for awhile before Vail tells her who he really is. They go inside to clean up and join everyone at the table.

Antigone wakes up, finds Julian passed out in the next stall with Aggie. She has a bit of fun at Julian's expense, threatening him with a pair of hoof nippers. Aggie wakes up with Julian's hair in his mouth. Julian wakes up, panics at the sight of the nippers, and loses his shit when he discovers his hair in Aggie's mouth and screams for water. Aggie produces water and douses him. Julian storms off to join everyone at the table. (Before Vail, et al join them)

Vail tells everyone he's The True Sovereign.

Antigone and Agathon arrive at the table as he makes this announcement.

And that is where we are now. I don't think I left anything major out? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you for that summary, it seems to line up with what I've read. So, should I be waiting for Antigone to post before I post myself, or...?

Thank you for that summary, it seems to line up with what I've read. So, should I be waiting for Antigone to post before I post myself, or...?
You can definitely post for Kash, since I'm assuming he's in the tavern and overheard Vail announcing he was the true sovereign. Can hold off on Agathon since we just got a post for him ^^

I'll try to have posts up for Myara and Julian by tonight~

Last edited:
Alright then. Speaking of, Lost Echo Lost Echo , any chance you might have a plaintext version of those last posts? I don't currently have access to a pc, so mobile versions is all I've got to work with and I can't quite see all of the posts.

To everyone who isn't doing it, as a consideration for people who don't have access to laptops or PCs, can you please put a plaintext version at the bottom of your RP posts in spoiler tags?

Code:
[spoiler]Look it's words for mobile users :)[/spoiler]

Gets you this:

Look it's words for mobile users :)

If you want the spoiler tags to have custom wording, you do this:

Code:
[spoiler=Click here for fun things you can read] Can you see me now? [/spoiler]

Gets you this:

Can you see me now?

Alright then. Speaking of, Lost Echo Lost Echo , any chance you might have a plaintext version of those last posts? I don't currently have access to a pc, so mobile versions is all I've got to work with and I can't quite see all of the posts.
I definitely understand. I'm bad at remembering to until I'm trying to read it myself. Sorry. I'll try to be better about it.

Also, sorry I hadn't realized you'd taken over Agathon before I posted. I'd replied  then read the ooc.

Myara post is up- may or may not hold off on posting for Julian for a bit; wanna give new people a chance to step in (Myara's reaction to Kash should be entertaining >] ). Also it's gonna be an adjustment to describe Aevar's new appearance, since we've all been referring to him as the dude with the shiny armor and the halberd slung over his back for the last five pages xD

you shall get no fancy text from me. Instead you shall have clean, crisp, plain text. The fanciest I will get is to center the image and name at the top of my post.

And to be clear, everyone is gathering at the table that Aevar chose for his breakfast or is this a different one?

Myara post is up- may or may not hold off on posting for Julian for a bit; wanna give new people a chance to step in (Myara's reaction to Kash should be entertaining >] ). Also it's gonna be an adjustment to describe Aevar's new appearance, since we've all been referring to him as the dude with the shiny armor and the halberd slung over his back for the last five pages xD
Vail: Oh good, someone who won't mind my cheerful chatter.
Myara: Oh fuck, more cheerful chatter.

No problem at all! I've done the same plenty of times.

Kash post is up, by the by. Hopefully is introduction is enjoyable. Let me know if its a little too goofy and ill try to tone him down more.

Kash post is up, by the by. Hopefully is introduction is enjoyable. Let me know if its a little too goofy and ill try to tone him down more.
Nice post- just added in Myara's reaction and moved hers to after Kash's instead of before (told y'all it would be entertaining- I definitely had Miss Congeniality 2 flashbacks going on in my head while I was writing it ;P ).

I'm laughing out loud at the scene Kash and Myara are creating.

So much for Vail trying to keep his true identity on the down low. XD

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Nice post~ I know better than to try to convince you to use coding in your posts but please, for the love of all that is holy, make your image a thumbnail like a reasonable person, bc scrolling past a full-page image to get to your writing is hurting my heart xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back