• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Keys to Dtrir [OOC Hub]

Main
Here
Characters
Here

Berries

Berry bad fruit puns
This is a thing~

I will be giving CS approval and feedback here. :) I will also most likely be putting any extra worldbuilding information here because having an extra lore thread sounds like a hassle. :P If enough people are willing, I will also make a discord!

If you have any questions about races or anything else ping me here or PM me. c:

Discord link is here, feel free to pop in whenever~

Last edited:
LannaCrowe LannaCrowe Great character! <3 However I have a few nitpicky things regarding the abilities of mermaids.

First of all, mermaids as a race don't have the ability to shapeshift into a human form unless they learn shapeshifting magic. Therefore, unless Aryea was a follower of Oclo, she would not be able to go on land at all. Additionally, in order to live as a mermaid, she would need the ability to control water which would mean she would also be a follower of Umes (elemental god).

So if you don't mind, could you change her magic specialty from Aana to Umes and Oclo? That way she would be able to use some basic water magic (which might help with potion making) and be able to shapeshift into a human to go on land. She would lose her ability to communicate with all animals, but I'd be okay with altering the Mermaid's race abilities to being able to talk to marine animals as well, she just wouldn't be able to talk to land animals.

If you decided to do the changes I recommended, I'd say that her magic level in Umes could be adept, which would give her some basic water spells that could help her out, and intermediate in Oclo? That way she could have a mermaid form, a human form, and one more animal form if you wanted.

LannaCrowe LannaCrowe Great character! <3 However I have a few nitpicky things regarding the abilities of mermaids.

First of all, mermaids as a race don't have the ability to shapeshift into a human form unless they learn shapeshifting magic. Therefore, unless Aryea was a follower of Oclo, she would not be able to go on land at all. Additionally, in order to live as a mermaid, she would need the ability to control water which would mean she would also be a follower of Umes (elemental god).

So if you don't mind, could you change her magic specialty from Aana to Umes and Oclo? That way she would be able to use some basic water magic (which might help with potion making) and be able to shapeshift into a human to go on land. She would lose her ability to communicate with all animals, but I'd be okay with altering the Mermaid's race abilities to being able to talk to marine animals as well, she just wouldn't be able to talk to land animals.

If you decided to do the changes I recommended, I'd say that her magic level in Umes could be adept, which would give her some basic water spells that could help her out, and intermediate in Oclo? That way she could have a mermaid form, a human form, and one more animal form if you wanted.

I see I see >< I'll get to it right away! Thanks for the suggestion! <3

Is it alright to have a halfling, like half Human-Half Drow. Or something of the like
EDIT: My iPad hates me, sorry for the misspelled words

Alright. Another question. Could a blood Mage wield his own spilt blood, or at more master levels, his enemys as like a water/Ice magic?

Alright. Another question. Could a blood Mage wield his own spilt blood, or at more master levels, his enemys as like a water/Ice magic?
At low levels a blood mage would be able to wield his own blood, it isn't until higher levels (high adept-master) that they are able to use other people's. Also, if you are planning to make a blood mage, keep in mind that blood magic is highly banned and if your character is ever caught using it they will likely be executed.

I know. I have that stuff at a higher level. But he uses it as an ace in the hole. He primarily uses energy and the like.

I know. I have that stuff at a higher level. But he uses it as an ace in the hole. He primarily uses energy and the like.
Energy as in Iveda from the light class? If that's the case, only full humans have the capability to become paladins which can yield multiple categories of magic. Therefore if you want him to be able to use blood magic, which is classified as a dark magic, he wouldn't be able to use any light magic abilities.

Makes sense. I was going for allied barriers and stuff but alright. That isn't a huge wrench. I just needed weaker "main" magic. Also. Can you explain the whole background thing. I don't quite understand

Makes sense. I was going for allied barriers and stuff but alright. That isn't a huge wrench. I just needed weaker "main" magic. Also. Can you explain the whole background thing. I don't quite understand
The only form of dark magic not banned is illusion magic, so that would probably be their primary so that he can stay within the category?

What do you mean by background? ^^

The only form of dark magic not banned is illusion magic, so that would probably be their primary so that he can stay within the category?

What do you mean by background? ^^
Fair enough. I don't find illusions part of his kit though.
Edit: I was think of low level Elemental Magic or something of the sort.

I don't really u derstand what you mean by that. Dou mean Bio or something of the sort.

Fair enough. I don't find illusions part of his kit though.
Edit: I was think of low level Elemental Magic or something of the sort.

I don't really u derstand what you mean by that. Dou mean Bio or something of the sort.
Unfortunately elemental magic is classified under nature magic, meaning that he wouldn't be able to use that either. Sorry if I'm explaining this badly, but there are three types of magic: light magic, dark magic and nature magic. If you look at the tabs about the types of magic and the respective gods, you need to choose one category of magic of the three and then from there you can choose two of the subclasses.

Under "dark" magic which blood magic would fall under, there are four types of magic: blood magic, illusion magic, necromancy and mind magic. All of those types of magic are banned except for illusion magic.

Under "light" magic there are four more categories: healing magic, energy magic, animation magic and spiritual magic.

Under "nature" magic the categories are shapeshifting, elemental magic, gravity magic and animal magic.

Out of those three categories, you have to choose one and then you can use up to two of the classes within the category. If that still doesn't make sense I'll try to explain it another way haha.

Yep, by "background" I mean their bio. :) Just give a brief explanation of their childhood, how they gained their abilities, and where they are now!

Alrighty. Thanks for explaining that a little better. I appreciate it. I'll adjust it so.

Zamasu Zamasu Character feedback! :)
I will say the last thing I was expecting in this rp was a pair of 15 year olds, but it works! Just a note, the face images don't seem to be working for either of them?
On Lilia - I love her, I think she seems pretty well balanced. The only thing is that the Ratort family probably wouldn't be known as the "strongest mages in the world" because there are sooo many really strong mages, if that makes sense. They can be known for strong mage abilities, but they wouldn't be the strongest in the world per se. :)

On Layla - It's great to have a non-magic character in the mix! That's gonna make things interesting. I get that you need to compensate for her complete lack of magic, but having superhuman strength that can rival a dragon is a bit too much. In this world, dragons are pretty epic creatures, so having the strength of one isn't just something that happens. Do you mind reducing her strength to just "superhuman"? Her mutations will probably help her out in a fight against magic, so I think just superhuman would help protect her and give her offensive power too. :)

Once you make those small changes, accepted!

Alrighty. Thanks for explaining that a little better. I appreciate it. I'll adjust it so.
I'm glad I can help. <3 Thanks for your understanding. :D

@SagePakkana Character feedback! :)
I will say the last thing I was expecting in this rp was a pair of 15 year olds, but it works! Just a note, the face images don't seem to be working for either of them?
On Lilia - I love her, I think she seems pretty well balanced. The only thing is that the Ratort family probably wouldn't be known as the "strongest mages in the world" because there are sooo many really strong mages, if that makes sense. They can be known for strong mage abilities, but they wouldn't be the strongest in the world per se. :)

On Layla - It's great to have a non-magic character in the mix! That's gonna make things interesting. I get that you need to compensate for her complete lack of magic, but having superhuman strength that can rival a dragon is a bit too much. In this world, dragons are pretty epic creatures, so having the strength of one isn't just something that happens. Do you mind reducing her strength to just "superhuman"? Her mutations will probably help her out in a fight against magic, so I think just superhuman would help protect her and give her offensive power too. :)

Once you make those small changes, accepted!
Done it.

Bill Nein Bill Nein I like it! :) The only thing is that could you change his blood mage level to master? Learning a second class (illusions) takes away from a lot of the time he could have spent mastering blood magic, and seeing that he never received formal instruction and couldn't practice blood magic openly he wouldn't have been able to progress as far as monk. ^^ With master you would still be able to control others' blood. After you make that change, accepted!

Bill Nein Bill Nein I like it! :) The only thing is that could you change his blood mage level to master? Learning a second class (illusions) takes away from a lot of the time he could have spent mastering blood magic, and seeing that he never received formal instruction and couldn't practice blood magic openly he wouldn't have been able to progress as far as monk. ^^ With master you would still be able to control others' blood. After you make that change, accepted!
Alright I did that. To be fair I meant to change it but i forgot to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back