• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Jaws of Darkness

Tearlach the Fade

Tearlach the Obliterator...yes?...No?...okay.
Set in a medieval fantasy land, this rp will center around a group of individuals.

The world once lived in harmony and peace, it was once a beautiful place where all races lived together without any troubles. That was, until the Jaws of Darkness opened.

The Jaws of Darkness is a dark mountain, surrounded by the typical volcano and dark clouds. The mountain is literally shaped like jaws, and have always been closed since the beginning of time.

One day they opened, and spawns of evil walked through them and terrorized the world. These include the ugly trolls, the large ogres, and the poisonous and sometimes large snakes.

No one knows how to stop these beings, they are so powerful that many armies from humans, dwarves, elves, and other peaceful races, have traveled to the jaws to try and close them, but none have ever returned.

A wizard, powerfull and wise, saw that no 'normal' mortal could defeat the darkness, no 'normal' person could ever hope to close the jaws. So he sacrificed himself, breaking his soul into different pieces and sent them out to find suitable and brave hosts, hosts who would one day have the powers he once had.

These individuals would grow to be stronger than him, and together, they would be compelled and drawn to each other so that when they reach the right age, they would travel to the Jaws of Darkness together.

They must beware though, the spawn of evil have spread throughout the world, and they will do anything to stop the group from reaching the Jaws.

I'm looking for 2-4 people for this. As soon as I have 2(3 counting me) I will post the main thread. The role players can choose any race related to humans(elf, dwarf, human etc.) The characters will of course have powers themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to post the thread so long anyway.

Those who want to join must just make their CS, but be sure to read the lore, overview, settings/locations and the rules tabs first.

@too much idea, you can make your CS so long too. I've already done mine.

Casual - The Jaws of Darkness(open) | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

Decided to post the thread so long anyway.

Those who want to join must just make their CS, but be sure to read the lore, overview, settings/locations and the rules tabs first.

@too much idea, you can make your CS so long too. I've already done mine.

Casual - The Jaws of Darkness(open) | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested, but first, QUESTIONS.

[QUOTE="Tearlach the Fade]So he sacrificed himself, breaking his soul into different pieces and sent them out to find suitable and brave hosts,..

[/QUOTE]
Do these individuals need to be of high importance, influential, or other 'VIP' statuses, or simply be random people chosen specifically for their potentials, personality, etc.?

[QUOTE="Tearlach the Fade]...hosts who would one day have the powers he once had.

[/QUOTE]
What kind of powers are we allowed to have? How many of these could they possible have? And are we required to put limits/restraints on such abilities?

[QUOTE="Tearlach the Fade]These individuals would grow to be stronger than him, and together, they would be compelled and drawn to each other so that when they reach the right age, they would travel to the Jaws of Darkness together.

[/QUOTE]
So there's this 'right age'. Will the characters have to be of the same age range, or are we allowed to create a character of any age? Is there any age limit?(18s-40s, 20s-100s, etc)

Also,

What is the level of this rp? Is it Simple, Casual, Detailed, or somewhere in between of those?

How long do you expect our posts would be? A sentence? A paragraph? 10 paragraphs?

How often would you want us to post? Hourly? Daily? Weekly? Once/Twice a week?

@Reinhardt, no, the chosen people don't have to be of importance. They can be a prince, a knight or even a begger. They are just random people chosen for the bravery they will one day have.

The powers can be anything, but at the start of the rp they can't have more than 2 powers. They will develop more powers as the story goes on. Also the powers can't be OP, for example:

I don't want someone to have the powe to read or control minds. I also don't want them to have the power to do anything they think of.

The 'right age' is just a time when they have all reached a certain time when they are 'ready'. Some could be 80, some could be 20.

The level of the rp is going to be Casual. And the sentence limits are at least one paragraph per post. There can be one liners, but not every post though.

And I would appreciate it if people would at least post once a day.

Hope that answers your questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back