• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Jabberwocky's Feast

Zer0

Haiku Hitman
WDWIR03.jpg
- The Jabberwocky's Feast -
" Overview "

1545581678683.png

Welcome to The Jabberwocky's Feast! A short, slow-paced (though it will be fast this holiday season), action and adventure roleplay that focuses on going inside a dungeon-like castle and getting through all the baddies and the dreaded Jabberwocky inside to be victorious!

This is all happening in a country of food where our heroes are a party of entrees, main courses, and desserts who have distinguished themselves through feats of wit, might, and skill. They have felled powerful foes, discovered great wonders, and helped people live their lives in peace.

Word of our good reputation has reached the troubled town of Creamcrust. The townsfolk have been plagued by the tyrannical Jabberwocky, giving up their crops and livestock, their children and young folk taken away to do forced labor for the evil monstah who has refused to give them back to their families.

For over half a year, the Jabberwocky has had them working in his keep in the Rocky Road Mountains where he has dug a mine. They don't know what they are digging for. No carts of ore or any living thing comes out of it except for his gobbler lackeys. But whatever it is they are doing, the mine is dumping a foul liquid that reeks of corrupted magic. It is rotting the forest, and polluting the river, making the townsfolk sick.

In the letter their mayor, Mr. Mayor, sent, the townsfolk just want their families back safe and sound, and if possible have the Jabberwocky gone too. They are willing to pay whatever price to see it done, and have sent a ragged chest offering the meager belongings they have left for the job. Most of their treasures have been taken to the keep, and they are giving our party free reign over whatever they find. They only ask for food from the keep enough to keep their town fed during this oncoming winter season.

Our story starts with our party secretly making their way into the captured town of Creamcrust where the Jabberwocky's lackeys roam, bullying the townsfolk to meet their weekly quota of food and supplies to be sent to the keep. Mr. Mayor and the elders have summoned us for a secret meeting in the house of Dr. Tiramisu where they will tell us in greater detail all that they know, including a secret passage into the keep.

tumblr_n3ja24rvfp1skam7vo1_1280.jpg

Campaign Guidelines:

1. Hi, guys, I'm looking for a chill, respectful group that's more into story and character development, and who like creating characters that play well with others, and have some camaraderie.

What I hope for are players who like staying in the truth of their character, genuinely react to what others write and leave enough details for them to write back, so there are no post length requirements.

2. When we get enough people, I'll be asking those who are interested to tell me what you want from this roleplay whether in your character sheet or through a private message. You can even tell me through this interest check! I've been a player too, and I know what it's like to be disappointed hoping and thinking this and that was going to happen, but it didn't and months passed. Telling me will help you not waste your time. We may have different goals for this game and different roleplaying styles that don't click. This will also help us identify and resolve potential problems early.

3. No coarse language. If you can't say nor do it in a Pirates of the Caribbean movie, you can't do it here. @#$%! is acceptable, just make it the whole word.

Also, if you have something you are averse to, like not liking detailed descriptions of children getting hurt, or you don't want your character to be romanced, please tell me.

4. Talk to me as we play. Talking and working things out together saves a lot of roleplays and helps ensure you get your fun.

5. I am open to questions, suggestions and comments on main plot related stuff, like adding to the story, lore, or environment, or controlling main NPCs, only run them by me first. We can also talk about the dice system and how to run the rp better.

6. When this starts, poke me if the story is going too slow or too fast for you. Speaking of which, allow me to mention again that this a slow paced rp that will be fast only during the holidays, so after the holidays the norm would be the story moving forward once a week and likely on the weekends. I'll be posting the date though when I'm going to move the story forward.

7. Have fun!
Characters:

We are food! Whether we look like food or look like we are just wearing food, all the characters and creatures in this campaign are food on the inside, so there will be red jelly inside instead of blood, and bread crumbs coming off instead of flesh. This is a not-so-serious campaign in this aspect.

World:

I guess you can say it's like Sugar Rush of the movie Wreck it Ralph, or Candy Kingdom in Adventure Time with food animals like in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. And yes, it will rain meatballs, you can also call forth a meteor shower of extra spicy meatballs down on your foes.

The setting is medieval-ish, but flintlock pistols or musket guns exist. And there is magic of course.
We have a simple dice system to decide what happens, so that we don't know the future. O w O

The dice and the level of your character's skills will determine the success of an action and this will ultimately decide the important things that happen in the story.

Announcement: Threads up! The Jabberwocky's Feast

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back