• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Island (A stranded RP)

The map is complete!

The island will be revealed to you guys as our characters explore, right now I have 21 locations on the map along with geographical features and streams. There are two mountains one to the northeast of the beach camp (local #1) and one to the northwest.

The island is a big one, at its largest point it is 153.4 miles by 101.3 miles. Each grid is roughly 7 and a half miles so it should take our characters roughly two hours to push through one grid due to the fact that is is treacherous terrain (very hilly, mountainous and jungly). Don't worry though, we can summarize the trips into eventful points, you don't need to agonizingly describe every hour of every trip.

To put it into relative terms, someone with water and in good health can go from one side of the island to the other in two days.

Trust me on this, exploring will be well worth it, there will be more locations added over the next couple of days but even now there are 21 locations to find and explore and in some cases, loot.

I'm going to post this in the interest thread as well for those people who aren't watching this thread.

map1.jpg

Also, if there is a place that needs to be discovered for plot reasons I will have an NPC lead a group out into the jungle for whatever reason and then the NPC will lead the group to the place that needs to be explored, but aside from that it's up to us to discover things. Even though I know all of the locations I wont abuse my knowledge in any way, whatever my character does discover will make sense within the context of the story.

This idea seems really awesome, and seems to be just the kind of rp I joined this site for. Making a character for it right now if there is still space, which there seems to still be.

The NPC list is now posted in the overview section, I'm probably going to add more to the list at some point but I'm spent atm so I'll do it later today. Right now there are fourteen NPCs. Some will be far more important than others in the story so the abundance of NPCs wont become cumbersome, I just want to have a good basis of NPCs to make this feel fleshed out, as I did with the last post I'm going to put this one up on the recruiting tab for those who are not watching this thread.

Im going to start it up tomorrow at mid day, any people who want to join after the start up date can feel free to do so.

It's a survivor community basically, so if you join later on then your character can be someone who has kind of been in the background the whole time, or perhaps there were other survivors in the back section of the plane that the people in the front part didn't know about (yup, rippin that from Lost) who show up out of the jungle after a while.

I'm pretty damned exited that so many people have joined and expressed interest and once this starts up it's going to be sick, there will be lots of opportunity for solo stuff during large portions of the RP as the mission board will always be stocked with things your character can do (you can do missions co-op as well if you'd like), and there will also be a good amount of co-op stuff as each chapter will have 1-2 crisis' that will demand everyone's attention, so make sure to keep an eye on the overview tab which is where I will have the mission board.

Very interested, I love survival type themes and haven't found a decent enough one yet that really caught my eye.

IT HAS BEGUN. The missions on the board will be available after your first post!

Make sure to check the overview for the mission board.

The mission board is basically the lifeblood of this RP, every time you check in on the RP you should give the MB a visit. Right now there are six missions available, and one more will be available after one day (island time) has passed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back