• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Island (A stranded RP)

Uncultured

Dreamer/Cynic
First off, before I go on, I am only looking for people who are dedicated, if you are not down for the long haul then keep moving. As the possible GM for this RP I'd rather not waste two hours writing up backstories, NPCs, locations etc, just to have people in my RP who bail.

So the idea of this RP is simple, a plane crashes on an island, but something about the island isn't normal in the least, those who crash will have to survive while defending against hostile natives who worship a dark entity on the island, and not only will they contend with a strange enemy, they will contend with nature itself and the nature of themselves as they try to survive in a place unfamiliar.

This RP will be structured, in my experience, free forms are basically set up to fail. This RP will function in story arcs with a beginning and a conclusion to each chapter. Every chapter will take a certain amount of days and each day on the island will pass after a certain amount of time in RL. I haven't decided yet in terms of RL to RP days, maybe 3 days in real life to 1 day in the RP or perhaps 4 to 1, but it will work out alright as this is flexible depending on the events going on and I will keep everyone updated on the ratio. For instance, if the characters are just lounging and talking, the RL to RP ratio would probably be 3-1, but if we need to rescue someone from the enemy islanders it would be 5-1 or even 6-1 to give everyone time to write out lengthy pieces regarding the rescue.

Also, there will be loads of NPCs to make this feel more fleshed out, these NPCs can be used by you guys to give yourselves missions or to have some character development without relying on sometimes unreliable people. If you prove yourself as a decent writer you can control the NPCs in writing pieces, you have to be sure to stay true to their character though, if your character goes and asks the most selfish asshole on the island for free food and you make him say "yeah sure" then you'll be making edits within the hour.

Throughout this RP there will be random events that pop up, there will be a mission board that I will update regularly with a list of things your character can help with. Furthermore there will be random crisis' to deal with, probably one or two per chapter and these will involve most or all people in the RP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested.

I felt like making a stranded RP myself but why do that when this one with some actual work behind it crops up, right? :D

But I can help out if you need it.

Bump, and if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post them and talk about possible things we could do. While I have a good idea on what I want to do with this there is always room for improvement.

The RP is up @ https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-island-a-stranded-rp.86489/

The character sheet is available along with some more info, I'll have NPCs set up over the course of the next day or so and I'll have a map of the island drawn up and uploaded.

I will only reveal the parts of the map that have been explored, so in the beginning only the beach and the immediate area in the shallow jungle will be shown. The map will be divided up into a grid and you can move up, back or to the sides, each grid square takes a certain amount of time to traverse and you'll have to write it accordingly. As you explore you might come across some goodies or perhaps you will discover something interesting in the jungle and I promise there will be plenty of both.

The mission board will start out small but it will get more interesting. In the beginning it will be simple things like

-Build signal fire with john

or

-Help with the injured with Mike

etc.

But it will get serious quick, you'll see.

So to everyone, thanks for expressing interest and I hope you take the time to join as this has the potential to be awesome.

BUMP, this RP is still accepting new members and to all of you who have expressed interest, the thread is up and will be finished by the end of January 9th.

I don't know why I didn't see this sooner. I was wondering the rp from the other guy was gunna be made or not and yay someone who stepped up and made it!!

interested for sure!

@HunterJJ

do you mean time to request is up by Jan 9th? Or just the fleshing everything for all participating?

@Masks of Ayn Throughout today and tomorrow I'm going to be making NPC characters and drawing up a map of the island, after that I'm gonna make my CS. Once I'm done with all of that and once everyone else is done with their CS' I will start up the RP. So Jan 9th is when I'll have everything on my end posted up, ideally I'd like the RP to start by the tenth or the eleventh but I'm in no rush at the moment.

Flawless said:
Why hello there! Ias there still space here? :3
Why didn't I come across this RP sooner?!
Yep, the RP will be open even while it's going on, the max is 25 so you're welcome to join.

I'm super excited for it to get started.

I hope this gets more attention!

(perhaps this post bumping it will do the trick!) >.>

@LuckLacked @The Doorman

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back