• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Irregular at Magic High School/ Mahōka Kōkō no Rettōsei

Lord Potato

King of the Potato Realm
For those of you familiar with the setting of The Irregular at Magic High, you can skip some of this. For those of you unfamiliar with it, it's pretty good so watch it if you'd like. 

This RP would essentially be an average Magic School RP, however, with a few key differences:

- Most Magic School RPs have Magic as a forbidden art - in this world, magic is well known and widely practiced. 

- Most Magic RPs have relatively 'supernatural' magic systems. The magic system of this RP feels more like a science, which I think would make a much better setting for a School RP - instead of every character having unusual powers, every character's abilities use the same basic casting system, making it much easier to both regulate abilities to make sure they're not OP, and more importantly, to allow direct advice between students etc on how to improve skill. Some types of magic will be limited as they are borderline god-like.

So, the setting:

Around 80 years from now, Magic has been discovered and is in wide use. "Magic" is the manipulation of a particle called a Psion, and other than Spirit Magic (which uses spirits, but is an ancient technique and generally quite uncommon), Psions must be manipulated to use magic. There are 9 Magic High Schools situated across Japan, where this RP would take place , and this RP would involve the students at Sixth Magic High. Students who attend these schools typically aim to become magicians or magical engineers. The first directly casts magic, the second designs spells for magicians and industrial processes to use. Students are ranked according to their test scores: students with the best grades are designated "Bloom" and enrolled in the Course 1 curriculum, while those with poor scores are designated "Weed" and enrolled in Course 2. 

Every summer, these 9 schools hold a tournament to determine which school has the most superior magicians and engineers.

The classification of magics are are on this page along with the magic spells belonging to them.

http://mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei.wikia.com/wiki/Classification_of_Magic

So I was wondering is anyone interested?

Feel free to ask any questions I do have a plot in mind but being a heavy tabletop gamer setting anything in stone isn't the best way to do things so this roleplay will be heavily a sandbox roleplay giving people a huge range of things to do.

I love irregular at magic high school; so this has definitely caught my interest. However, I can't say for certain I will commit to the rp until it is up.   

I love irregular at magic high school; so this has definitely caught my interest. However, I can't say for certain I will commit to the rp until it is up.   

Awesome i'll keep you posted and let you make up your mind when the rp has been created.

Looking for at least three more members before the roleplay will be created.

I liked the concept of this anime!!! Magic is cool!!!!! But the anime got a bit boring halfway!!!! Will you make it better????

I liked the concept of this anime!!! Magic is cool!!!!! But the anime got a bit boring halfway!!!! Will you make it better????

Not just me we all will, I don't plan to follow the plot of the anime I have my own ideas and if anyone else does please share them with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back