The Inn at the Edge of the World (OOC)

I see. In that case, I'll use the suggestion of 60xp until the backstory is approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna finish Osric tomorrow.

We should talk about how our characters know each other, folks.

@Silvertongued , would there be any recent battle or other upheaval that would have brought us together? Maybe the survivors of two now defunct companies, or something?

Grey said:
Gonna finish Osric tomorrow.
We should talk about how our characters know each other, folks.

@Silvertongued , would there be any recent battle or other upheaval that would have brought us together? Maybe the survivors of two now defunct companies, or something?
Mm, thats a good idea. My character's been with a mercenary company (our one or otherwise) for a year now so may know other old-hands. Alternatively its possible that anyone whose been involved with the Inquisition before might have come across him in that capacity.

Well, due to his free-flowing nature, Bavric could have been hired at any nearby local tavern he frequents, or even simple have seen the mercenary group around and asked to accompany them in hopes of a story.

The thinking for my PC is that the Company gives them refuge, in exchange for assisting/handling the logistics and tactics. and could have been with them for the past year or two.

Done my History, just got personality to go which I'll put together tomorrow. Haven't proof read yet, so sorry for any typos/technical weirdnesses!

Lyke follows the money and wars. Though she does need one person who would have helped her along with contracts and verbal exchanges.

[QUOTE="Teh Frixz]Lyke follows the money and wars. Though she does need one person who would have helped her along with contracts and verbal exchanges.

[/QUOTE]
Ealhstan could have done that, the mute and the cripple helping each other out.

Ehh. It'd be hard to justify that as Lyke would probably see his missing limb as a liability rather than a similarity. She's no love for the church and the Inquisition bothers her a bit. It's a tough sell.

[QUOTE="Teh Frixz]Ehh. It'd be hard to justify that as Lyke would probably see his missing limb as a liability rather than a similarity. She's no love for the church and the Inquisition bothers her a bit. It's a tough sell.

[/QUOTE]
Very true, hadnt thought of that.

Now that we have a decent 6-man party, any news on when we might start?

Silvertongued said:
Probably later tonight or tomorrow. I gots some travelling and personal business to do.
Awesome! Take all the time you need, I'll finish tidying my cs in the meantime.

[QUOTE="Teh Frixz]Lyke follows the money and wars. Though she does need one person who would have helped her along with contracts and verbal exchanges.

[/QUOTE]
Well, Bavric would be of some help to her, seeing as he speaks both Kelene (though mostly the Tradetongue aspects, he's still learning Kelene proper), but he also speaks Hrothgaard flawlessly due to his heritage, both of which are viable for Lyke to know because of her parentage (though I don't know how much her father was involved in her upbringing, probably slim to nil). So, there's that, if you wanna come up with some kind of connection, Frixz

Bavric as a Bard makes sense, though everyone only has 2 empathy xD . But he might pull in some points just by playing translator. How good is he at understanding gestures?

[QUOTE="Teh Frixz]Bavric as a Bard makes sense, though everyone only has 2 empathy xD . But he might pull in some points just by playing translator. How good is he at understanding gestures?

[/QUOTE]
Well, he does get that bonus die to empathy towards strangers, especially since she is helpless (in the communication sense, at least) and he'd be more than willing to help if she needed it. He's always looking for companions, and one that needs his help is all the more reason to join her.

As for understanding gestures, he's probably pretty adept at it, seeing as he is always paying attention to the small details in search of a tale, so he'd probably be able to keep up with her motioning and gestures. Even simply pointing and using some half-hearted sign language motions with her hands would be enough to get her point across to him, and even more so over time if they've been traveling together :)

I like it. She's not to grim to be put off by his antics and if he can understand the gist of what she's gesturing then they'll be better off than most.

Let's say they met after a battle? Lyke coming into camp and getting frustrated while negotiating pay? Bavric stepping in to translate and since then they keep company?

Works for me :) he's the kind of guy to step in as she's negotiating for profits and be like "look, she took down twice as many targets as your rats over there, pay her accordingly or else" xD You don't get on a bard's bad side, barbarians may kill you, wizards may curse you, but in a world where most history is carried on orally, bard's can ruin your reputation for the rest of time xD

So are we all members of the company to start with, or do we need to start by gathering up the party?

And my internet is back.

So I'm thinking my character was second in command to the previous mercenary captain who died horribly, technically leaving the command to him. And the company purse. Which means I'm hold just enough money to pay everyone's wages for one month, hopefully long enough to find more pay.

I'm thinking your character and mine might be friendly, @Bardiel. Us disgraces to the family name need to stick together.

Yeah, sorry for the slow start on this one. I've had some personal bullshit to deal with over the past few days, and it's been getting in the way. But no fear, I will try my hardest to get something up tonight.

Also, @Bardiel, I need a name for your character, as you've described a small part of their history and personality, but I have no idea what they're called, or what they look like.

For the record, you guys might be from different remnants of different companies, it's all entirely up to each of you which company you originally came from, or indeed, were you even part of one to begin with.

Pretty sure Bavric and Lyke are already partners, @Teh Frixz ? Thoughts on this? I read your first post and assumed that Bavric at least was there, did you have anyone else in mind who was around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back