The Inn at the Edge of the World (OOC)

This is the first I'd heard of it, but if there's a slot open that I can fill, I'd love to resurrect Bavric for this, I think he'd fit in rather nicely.

Excellent Stickdom, works perfectly. The only thing is, are you familiar with the revised Crucible system, 'cause if you aren't, I can help convert Baldric for you.

I believe so, though I'm not exactly certain what the differences are.

I'll take a look at the link and if it varies, I'm certain I can sync the old version with the new one.

I followed the link in the header of the Character Sheet page, and if that's the system we are using, that's also the system that I used to initially create Bavric. If there has been updates or changes to those rules since, I'll have to update it, but it shouldn't be too difficult, yes?

Check out the character creation chapter - pretty significant changes.

Alrighty, overhaul time for Bavric then

So, before I go rearranging things, I'm gonna assume it's 60XP for Attributes and Bavric gets the average 60XP for skills? Or would he be considered experienced from his travels and get the 80XP? I don't want to give him an unfair advantage if everyone else is at 60. I'm also going to assume that negates the "bonus skill points" that Grey assigned to him at character creation for his background, so those will be discarded.

And then one familiarity, one knowledge, and one training, with appropriate advantages for each one? what's the limit on advantages, are those picked by me or assigned by Historian?

Go for 80XP, Baldric seems like he's had some experience.

The Advantages are picked by you, depending on your past, and each one encompasses three skills. They function and are chosen similar to the manner in which specialties were.

Last question, I noticed there were already some stats given in the Example Character Sheet:

Physical Mental Social
Strength: - Intellect: - Bearing: -
Dexterity: 4 Intuition: 1 Guile: 1
Fitness: 4 Willpower: 3 Composure: 2

I'm guessing these are not innate and are just for show, to be replaced by whatever stats are paid for out of the 60 starting XP?

Yeah, those are just a typo. I forgot to take them out when putting in the code. Ignore them and fill in your own stuff.

I've posted an incomplete version of my CS, feel free to check the functional parts for any mistakes etc. I'm planning on filling in the Information and personality bit tomorrow.

Silvertongued said:
I like it. I'm guessing they used to be an Inquisitorial soldier?
Yeah, but then was 'asked' to retire after he lost a leg to a ghoul, so joined up with a company of Mercenaries instead. Practically speaking he'll be good at fighting monsters and is a reasonable doctor, but not very sneaky or underhand.

Plus as he's got a wooden leg he'll be permanently on a crutch/horseback, so is pretty slow too...

Got Bavric mostly completed, only thing missing is Personality :D

@Silvertongued, I kinda customized the Advantages and Inventory to an extreme, you wanna look over those and let me know if they need to be adjusted? Especially the Advantages, I know those can be fickle in balancing and I wanted to make sure they all sounded fair and proper to you. :)

@Stickdom That all looks perfect. If the Bardic Knowledge seems a little farfetched, I'll probably ask you to for the tale in question (Probably in character too), but I think that'll just add to the fun. Good job!

Silvertongued said:
If you want to be on horseback a lot, I'd advise putting some points into Animal Handling then.
Good spot, will play around with my points until I can do that!

Silvertongued said:
@Stickdom That all looks perfect. If the Bardic Knowledge seems a little farfetched, I'll probably ask you to for the tale in question (Probably in character too), but I think that'll just add to the fun. Good job!
Yeah, that was the point, I thought it would be fun to come up with a bunch of "old tales" to go along with them, but I figured I'd need permission from the Historian, like "Hey, do I know a story that could go with this?" and make one up according to whatever details you'd think Bavric would remember from the tale :D Alrighty, just gonna finish up the Personality and then I am psyched to get this started :3

Ooh. *watches thread*

Thanks for the invite, Grey, but I'm afraid work for me revved up the next couple of weeks. I eagerly await to see what escapades unfold for Silvertongued's band of mercenaries!

60 XP for Attributes, 60 for skills, for a total of 120 but very specifically split between the two.

Okay. That makes sense. The 60xp for Attributes was clear, however the amount for skills was not (it being a variable decided by the Historian, but not explicitly stated in this case).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back