• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Hordes- A Fantasy zombie setting

Thinkin of an entertainer/performer charrie or a shadow sorcerer

K questions:

- how many charries can you make?
- can you give an example of the power level of a 5 or 6 level mage?
- does shaman magic exist in the world?
- so is this kinda sorta free roam? so like some charries would be at the front lines, some just citizens, others in politics? Or like is this a group of misfits must come together to overcome a great EVIL!!!

Thinkin of an entertainer/performer charrie or a shadow sorcerer

K questions:

- how many charries can you make?
- can you give an example of the power level of a 5 or 6 level mage?
- does shaman magic exist in the world?
- so is this kinda sorta free roam? so like some charries would be at the front lines, some just citizens, others in politics? Or like is this a group of misfits must come together to overcome a great EVIL!!!
Im making two so that seems like a fair cap for now. Double up if you wish.

Sure thing.

A level five fire spell would he something like “Flame burst- Any source of fire has its volume and intensity amplified by the amount of mana poured into it.” A standard mid level fire mage could probably clear a large room, even level a small house.

A level six spell would be something like “Rolling Flame- A fireball that expands into a rolling wave from the caster. The caster expends mana to push this forward, as it moves it grows in both volume and intensity.” A mid level fire mage could push this probably half a kilometer…though midlevel is a bit of a misnomer since you have to be among the top tier to cast a lv 6 spell.

A good example of the cost of one of these heavy hitting spells. You probably can only cast one per day with Lv 5. With the lv 6 completely removing any ability to cast further spells until rest and recovery.

Shamans i see as a subclass of Druid. One specializing in whatever area of nature of the natural world you see fit. Mage pulls power from within. Druid pulls power from without. Smiths bargain chunks of their soul/manapool. So whatever magic user you make those are the generals rules of thumb. Bear in mind this is a system created by people who know just enough about magic to kill it…the inquisition made the magic class system.

Its a little bit of both in a sense. The great evil is there, the good heroes opposing it are there, the Opportunistic assholes are there, and the folks just trying to make it are there. I will note allying with the bad guys is an impossibility, but aside from that im pretty open, hell even bandits would be interesting. Many pre-constructed NpC characters are morally grey, Both of mine are kinda neutral in one sense of another. You can certainly make front-liners or court scholars frankly both can be very useful in the story. If it helps the two I’m making alternate, given the circumstances there are few if any non-combatants on the Thandrell side of the blockade.

I guess to specify a bit on the style of story. Im not quite sure yet, it sorta depends on the kinds of characters that come up what kind of storyline this will be. BuggaBoo BuggaBoo

K thx for answers.

Right k so like I'll just drop off an app for my performer 1st then. If we need more fighty charries I'll dropp off another app.

Oop, my bad. Will work on my character sheet soon! Completely got side tracked and only responded to those I hadn’t looked at the notifications yet.

Huh, I just so happen to look across this RP. It seems really cool. Though my brain is tingling with the idea of making towns/cities prosper or at least try lol. I would like to ask. What type of characters are you needing. Do you need someone who is into politics and helping towns securities or someone who is living everyday life during the events?

Huh, I just so happen to look across this RP. It seems really cool. Though my brain is tingling with the idea of making towns/cities prosper or at least try lol. I would like to ask. What type of characters are you needing. Do you need someone who is into politics and helping towns securities or someone who is living everyday life during the events?
Hi!!

Take a look at the current roster of charries. Like its all magical people like druids and sorcerers. But you can make up to 2 charries so you put them in two places like make 1 in the Vulcan side and anothr on the refugee side?

Check that. Boss just upped the max charrie so you can have 3 now!!

So like technically you can make a royal, a refugee and a commoner and rp in a buncha diff places at once!

Lotsa space left n lotsa roles to play! Come check it outttt!! Let's goooo!
eyoooo! What's that BuggaBoo? there's still lotsa space AND lotsa roles to play?

Yeah! People! you should come join. cuz i hear there's still lotsa space left and lotsa roles to play too!!

oops. oh yeah sooooo like we are going IC'ly on Jan 1st so still time to drop off your appies!!

Hmn, quite an interesting idea. Are y'all still taking new applicants?

If so, I did notice that one of the things mentioned was to think about mages in the sense of DND mages...what if I have not played DND? Like..I have no idea what it would mean to be a level 5 - 6 mage in terms of magical power.

Hmn, quite an interesting idea. Are y'all still taking new applicants?

If so, I did notice that one of the things mentioned was to think about mages in the sense of DND mages...what if I have not played DND? Like..I have no idea what it would mean to be a level 5 - 6 mage in terms of magical power.
bruh. how many times i gotsta bump this ish lol. but k yeah take a look at roster. lotsa roles to choose from. we mostly have spell caster people on the roster. I'm playing magic pirates lol

k soooo like level 5 is like you can burn down a house. Level 6 you can make like a magic fire pac-man that grows as it eats things. k wait. here check it.

bruh. how many times i gotsta bump this ish lol. but k yeah take a look at roster. lotsa roles to choose from. we mostly have spell caster people on the roster. I'm playing magic pirates lol

k soooo like level 5 is like you can burn down a house. Level 6 you can make like a magic fire pac-man that grows as it eats things. k wait. here check it.
Ah, thanks for the info.
I have taken a look at the link and will proceed with taking a look at the current CS's. I'm not too sure I will be going for any the open current roles unfortunately. Nothing there really catches my interest for what I have planned for a character.

Although that might depend on the current roster of CS's we have at the moment.

k cool cools but like for anyone else lurking...

the defined roles aren't the only thing to choose from. like i said, we mostly magic people on the roster and i think only one rper filled an open role.

Check out the lore to get more ideas for charries. and esp check out the Factions cuz like i think these are good things to consider when making your charrie. And don't forget, you can like MAKE up to 3 different factioned charries too!!

We are still accepting characters. Official start date has been set for the 1st. Ill be here If you have any questions.

Hi, is there still room?
Also I have a character that keeps being pulled to different dimensions (aka different rps) would I be allowed to use him? I would adjust it so it fits the world

I’m also fine with making a character specifically for this rp if you don’t want me to use him

Hi, is there still room?
Also I have a character that keeps being pulled to different dimensions (aka different rps) would I be allowed to use him? I would adjust it so it fits the world

I’m also fine with making a character specifically for this rp if you don’t want me to use him
You can use him so long as he fits the lore. This realm is part of a multiverse, but not in the modern sense. Its more of a macrocosm with multiple realms, but is not connected to a greater continuity.

So it would have to be a character born here not from another universe or realm.

View attachment 1127556
For nearly six centuries now the twin nations of Thandrell and Vulkan have been at odds. Once they were one nation, the Great empire of Thuell, but since its fall at the hands of the Sorcerers guild the two nations have taken divergent paths. Only ever agreeing on one thing…Magic must remain taboo. Perhaps it was due to the disaster that felled the great empire of Theull, Perhaps it was the ruling class wanting to solidify their rule. Whatever the case magic and its use has been illegal, and punishable by death for the past six hundred years. Maybe that is why they were caught so far off guard.
View attachment 1127532
It started in Thandrell, A gathering of Necromancers. They somehow managed to slip past the inquisition and Ignited a potent ritual within a mausoleum. The dead rose and began to convert many to their deathless cause. To Thandrell’s credit their initial defense and subsequent counter attack against the hordes was swift and powerful, Several of the necromancers were killed, but not all. As their initial assault broke their fallen would rise into the ranks and would be lead against the rest of the nation many would flee for their lives many others would stand and fight. But the hordes marched ever forward unwavering in the face of the desperate people’s efforts.
View attachment 1127529
Seven years have passed since the mausoleum rose and the nation of Thandrell fell. The bitter rival nation of Vulkan has lined its army along the narrow coastal mountain pass and refuses to allow refugees through. On the opposite side of the border, Driscol, the last city of Thendrell stands defiant. The nobles and Commoners fights alongside one another and their desperation has begun to show. The city of Driscol has rescinded its ban on magics, it has cast aside its pride and even begs Vulkan for help. The Growing Tension has caused the citizens of Vulkan to grow divided with half of them pushing to let the refugees through and half pushing to march the army in and finish their enemy.
View attachment 1127530
Tensions grow on both sides, many within Driscol have begun preparing to Rush the Vulkanian Lines and try to force their way in. While many in the courts of Vulkan have begun musing the idea of a new king being appointed, though never openly. Meanwhile the people of both nations suffer, Those of Thandrell Have lost nearly everything, and cling desperately to life. While those of Vulkan have been lied too about the truth of the matter, and unknowingly help to fester the poison that may well kill them too. Meanwhile the forces of the rest of the world watch on with caution. Good people Bleed and Die, only to rise and turn on those they protected, Bad people With no where to run turn on their fellow man. It is like hell, only one can still find innocence and life here, struggling against the very forces of death. The question is, will life prevail?
View attachment 1127531
(Hello everyone, this is a little short story idea i had in mind that id like to turn into an RP. Its Low Fantasy zombie Storyline. This story will have many faces, Nobles and courtly activities. Badass knights trying to save the day. common folk given a spear and put in a line to face the horror. Even long persecuted magic users who are coming out of the woodwork to fight for their own survival as well. Plenty of room for creativity. That said a few things ill cover here and any other questions you may have ill try and address as you ask.

1.) how big is the world? Well the planet is big, but the map only covers about 200 miles. One could travel from one side of the map to the other in a week with a horse, or 3 days with an endurance horse (one trained for long sprints)

2.) power levels? Magic has been banned for 600 years. So theres no magic schools or anything like that. Mages are usually self taught and honed in the shadows. That said while powerful mages are far from immortal, after all they have kinda been getting wrecked for centuries they can still pack a hell of a punch. Think DND mages, with no magic users being above a level 5-6.

3.) tech level? Sadly black powder is not a thing here. Guns and cannons dont exist. Crossbows are about the pinnacle of military technology. Wagons and horses are the transportation norm, and ships as well.

Thats all for now, if you have any questions please ask.​
Could I By Any Chance Join?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back