• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Heroes Of Whitespire

S n o w

Dreamer
Roleplay Type(s)
speed_painting__medieval_castle_by_natmonney-d66380d.jpg
To The Heroes Of Whitespire,​

King Abner calls you to action. As of the last letter received from Kema, the coastal village far west of us, the Darkness has reached their borders, and spreads farther inward each day. Our ally has already been forced to abandoned a third of the town, and many lives have been lost trying to escape from it.

The King has decided we cannot sit idly by any longer. Whitespire might not reside close to the Darkness now, but one day it will come for us. Not even the war is more important than preventing this from happening at all costs. That is why he wants the Heroes to do this. Only you have the power to combat this threat, and only you have any chance of stopping it. Only you can succeed where everyone has failed.
Marlin Vektar​

Advisor To The King

thumb-1920-509376-9258.jpg
You are a Hero, a human born with innate or physical magical ability.

Magic is rare in the world of Falith, and almost nonexistent in the kingdom of Whitespire. Only a few can wield magic. Children born with magic are so uncommon that years can pass before another is born.

Because of this, when a magical child is born, the people see it as a sign of good luck, of impending wealth and prosperity. Some believe your birth to be the gods favoring Whitespire, while others see it as a sign that the harvest will be plentiful that year. And there are even a few who are jealous of Heroes and the attention they receive.

When your magical talent was discovered, you were called a Hero.​

From then on, you were told you were destined for glory, that you were meant to save Whitespire from the war and the darkness, and bring peace to all of Falith. You were meant to be a hero. You were taken to the castle to train and hone your magic, but you were never sent to fight. To King Abner, you were too rare to risk losing you to the war. You were only to be sent out for dire situations.

The darkness spreading over Falith is one such situation. Many warriors have tried to find the source of the darkness and defeat it, but none have returned. You are tasked with finding the source of this darkness and destroying it, by any means necessary.​
We made it to Kema. Well, most of us. We lost a man to the heat of the desert, and another was taken in the night, dragged off by one of the beasts before we knew what was happening. But it's like the courier said. A wall of darkness just off the coast, as thick as smoke and as black as tar. I saw something come out of it a few minutes ago. Something with wings. It flew back in before we could get a good look, but we're keeping an eye out. We'll start heading in tomorrow.
-A Whitespire soldier

It feels like there's tar in my chest, but we're pushing on. We're in the thick of it. I can barely see my own hand, let alone the rest of the men, but it's been quiet so far. Time to put my ears to good use, eh? No sighting

22ba400c5d8885b7b3bde68fdce1d2d8.gif
of the beast from yesterday. Nothing else either. I can hear the water under us, but it feels like we're trekking through mud. Nothing about this place is right.
-A Whitespire soldier

We found the Lost Kingdom. I figured it was some kind of island, but there's no mistaking that castle. Almost can't believe it. Everyone thought Eridan was gone forever when it was swallowed by the darkness, but here it is. There's something strange about it though. Don't know if all of this is messing with my eyes, but it looks lighter at the top. Couldn't see anything in front of me a few days ago, but now I can see the top of the castle and we're nowhere near it. We'll head to it, see if we can salvage anything, and then head back before we run out of supplies.

-A Whitespire soldier

There's something in that castle. The closer we got... it felt us coming. We were attacked by winged beasts and things that slithered up from holes in the ground. One of the men was taken, lifted into the sky like he weighed nothing. Another was bitten by something. He was dead before he could tell us what it was. I don't think I'm going to make it back. We fought them off, but there's no one else left now. All of the supplies are gone, and I'm hurt. This is all I can do. Write a letter, and pray that its found. I'm going on to the castle. If I'm going to die, I'm going to go down fighting.
-A Whitespire soldier
A long time ago, Soliel was the name of a kingdom.

But Soliel didn't fall to war, or to famine. It fell to beasts. Animals bigger and more ferocious than anyone had ever seen attacked before the town was finished being built.

The Solielan army was still in its infancy, and ill-equipped to fight monsters that shrugged off arrows and didn't stop when struck with a sword.​
vue_desert_scene_by_drspaceman-d4exne5.png
By the time the beasts were tired enough to leave, only one person who survived the attack endured the heat long enough to make it out of the desert and tell the tale of the fall of Soliel. Only the half-buried remains of the ill-fated kingdom remain to prove its existence. The story of the demise of Soliel was exaggerated with time, but the beasts that live there stayed the same. There are very few docile creatures that live in Soliel, and only trained soldiers ever take the risk of passing through. But to get to Kema, one has to go through Soliel desert.​
Fantasy_City.jpg
On the southern border of Soliel and the norther border of Kema is the kingdom of Miricien.

The people of Miricien harbor a strong dislike for Whitespire, which only grew stronger after the war started.

They make this clear through bounty posters strung up along the outer walls of the kingdom, offering a
large amount of coin for the capture of someone from Whitespire. In turn, Whitespire see's Miricien as a kingdom of bandits and thieves, with a tyrant Queen who would rather throw her people's lives away than negotiate to end the conflict between the two kingdoms.

Should Kema be consumed by darkness, Miricien would be next.

583329125e4145109b33087fbee73140.jpg
Fishing village on the coast. A third of the village has already been consumed by darkness and abandoned.

Many who couldn't get away fast enough were consumed by it.
Basic Information
✘Innate magic can't be manifested physically. Having reflexes faster than a human should be capable of, or high fighting skill without ever having trained for it count as innate magic. Physical magic is able to be manifested in the outside world. Fire, water, and earth magic are physical.

✘Magic is more common outside of Whitespire, but still rare. No known creature other than humans have been able to use magic.

✘Whitespire and Miricien are at war.

✘Basic RPN rules apply + One Paragraph Minimum Per Post
Soliel Bestiary
Later, but this one should give you a good idea of the danger.
Erymanthian_Boar.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back