• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Heretics [Slice of Life / Drama]

OppositeInverse

The Origin of The End.
CS PAGE
MAIN

Heretic -
    • a person holding an opinion at odds with what is generally accepted.

But-between-2009-and-2015-the-city-received-grants-totaling-260-million-from-HUD-to-redevelop-the-neighborhood-.jpg

It's been you and your clique for a while now in the quaint little neighborhood of Newbridge. Not your typical downright outcasts of active rebellion, but for their own personal and interwoven reasons they have come to find that there's something about their very nature that exhibits them to be the very thing they decided to call their makeshift group upon meeting and forming a bind with one another. The Heretics. Some may be spiritual, some may not be. That's not the reason for the name. This clique is the epitome of going against the grain. Running against the tide and current, and holding non-conventional views against the conformity of mankind. But, they're still very human and their original but youthful selves. They have features, and brilliant bright lights, but they have flaws. But they're family. They'd go to war for each other and tear the Earth apart to stay connected. The Weird little bunch in middle school, the Illuminati in high school (because of their ability to weave into all cliques and med with everyone but still be their own absolute group), and now beyond the scope of the community. The young adults have graduated and are on to their young and bustling lives. They represent the oddity and unorthodox paradigm of society to the letter.

Quite literally.

Something has drawn them back for the summer. Past the obvious desire to see and hang with each other per usual, but no... in the form of actual and literal letters. Anonymous letters written to each of them, all pertaining to not just their Heresy (a term they coined as an insider to indicate what their main idea is that opposes social norm), but also a very deep fear of theirs as well. They all got the same letter, but then also each received an individual and personalized letter. These letters had instructions on what to do for the summer, as well as the promise of a certain something if they did attain it. They all will probably think it's someone in the group playing an elaborate joke, but the stakes could never be any more apparent and real, as not only the exploits of their persona were being challenged, but the nature of everything they're used to.

Letter #1

If you're reading this letter, it's because you've been chosen. Chosen to embark and embrace a destiny that has been waiting for you from the very beginning. You won't know who the originator of this letter is, and that is my point. There's something you must do unabated. At first, you won't know what to believe or expect, but I assure you... you have the means to achieve everything that's about to come your way. Destiny and willpower is on your side. But, to be candid, you will have to dig deeper into yourself than you've ever had to do to attain what you desire. What makes you YOU, the very morals and ideals you hold will be questioned and challenged, along with your deepest fears. But that's alright, because you have the mark of a heretic, and heretics don't take conventional criticism as a sign of repulsion. They take it head on and make the best of why they are outcasts in the first place. This is you. For if you can fulfill the things that will knock on the door of your life in the near and coming future, not only will you have mastered the true secret to the universe, but it will just so happen that you will receive a more... superficial prize. A cut of 1 million dollars. As you probably laugh at this and think it's all a ruse, by this time or soon you will have received $1,000 cash mailed to you in an envelope. Now that you can see this is very real. You only have to follow three rules in order to fulfill your personal destiny and receive the prize:

1) Do not tell anyone of the letter whatsoever. This one, nor the one to come. That includes all things affiliated with this letter, such as the one grand you will have. The ONLY time you will ever be directly approved to speak of the letters is if you are specifically asked about anonymous letters containing a series of things to complete for the sake of achieving what's to come. Other than that, you may not mention them.

2) While performing the instructions of said letter(s), you may not in any way willfully, consciously, and voluntarily notify any places, people, things, etc. in ANY fashion that you will have to interact with while completing the instructions from the letters about what it is you're doing or why.

3) Once you have completed the instructions for your letter, you will rip your letter up and throw it into the Newbridge Sea, however there will be a third and final letter that you will receive with a name for you to pass it on to. ONLY after you've read and fulfilled the first two letters will you receive the third. You may not tell them or provide any information about the letter upon handing it to them for the first time.

Any violations of said rules will result in personal and fulfillment forfeit and the process will begin with the next person. You may be confused, and even concerned, but I promise... all will make sense in the end. Best of luck, even though you don't need it. You make your own.

Signed, Anonymous.

This will be a slice of life modern drama RP that has some mature and adult themes such as drug use, wild parties, suggestive situations, etc. This will on the surface be a clique based RP that focuses on young adults trying to find their ways in life while also having their bonds and connections more powerful than any other. But... at the core this is a drama that will push these characters into finding out things about themselves and their fellow Heretics that will weave together an intricate plot that grants reward, but yet also at the cost of sacrifice. It's 13 Reasons Why meets Skins. I'm looking for 6-8 characters, preferably split even for each gender, about 18-22 years of age, all with their own unique fears and Heresy (For example, since the term refers to a controversial or odd ideal/concept compared to norms, one Heresy could be believing life is infinite even in biological death, another could be that life is just a simulation playing out of a universe that's been dead for trillions of years, or there's ONE specific soul always meant for someone as opposed to finding and being compatible with someone to have a happy relationship) The more unique the better. This was just a twist I wanted to add to make a wild slice of life drama even more interesting and different. Hope it catches on! This is not first come first serve, so if you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM or post below!

FEEL FREE TO CREATE YOUR OWN CHARACTER CONCEPT / IDEA! I usually provide preset types for people to play, but not this time :)

Read The Rules.

1. The main one. Respect RPN and its rules.

2. Any questions or intrigue about the plot or story come to me! I love hearing ideas even if we don't incorporate them.

3. OOC will be friendly and respectful. IC be extra and add flair all you'd like BUT...

4. BE REASONABLE. Realistically adapt and grow into characters and make logical choices.

5. I do not mind if you guys subplot romance. Just keep it PG-13.

6. Try to have UNIQUE characters. For some reason people love power based or martial arts based characters. In a crowd full of office workers, be a Micheal Scott.

7. MATURE Rpers only. Note I said mature, which isn't judged by age. I know teenagers volumes more mature than 40+ year olds. Be mindful and very respectful of the nature of this RP, yes of course IC play true to the plot and characters but I ask for those who can respect the nature of such stories like this.

8. If you cannot post due to IRL or other reasons please post in consideration of everyone else. I'm interpreting this RP to go relatively fast pace wise not too speedy, so if you need assistance ask and you shall receive! And...

9. If you do fall too far behind or get in a hole you cant climb out of that doesn't mean you're done for. Unless you're intentionally a jerk or going against the tide of the plot, you can get back up to pace.

10. If you band together, or fight amongst each other IC, coordinate with each other as I will be overseeing those situations with a final outcome, but stay true to character and traits. Don't force it just because of drama.

11. HAVE FUNNNNNNNN!!!!!

12. This is a VERY real based RP. NO CARTOON or ANIME pics whatsoever.

13. Now, if you read, accept, and understand all rules: At the end of your CS phase, write a sentence mentioning a favorite movie your character would love.
!! REMEMBER THIS RULE !!

Read The Rules.

Slots
+ Sienna Arley Vickers, The Love Heretic - [OppositeInverse]
+ Rhonnda Young, The Deed Heretic - Dlabell9

+ Ryan Ashton, The Free Heretic - Lara6
+ Ivette Rodriguez, The Workaholic Heretic - Vesta

+ Andrew Reed, The Destructive Heretic - loyalwolf
+
+
+​

Last edited:
This sounds awesome! I'll start to think up some ideas for characters so hopefully I won't have too much of a hard time finding something from a unique perspective.

The CS is HERE, feel free to look everything over and get a sheet up when you guys can! I'm so excited you guys are into it! Make sure to read the rules!

Link will also be on the main post above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back