• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Help of Fletcher Estate - OOC

Characters
Here

ashen.eidolon

where do we go now but nowhere?
Welcome to the temporary OOC chat, I figured until some more characters are up I'm going to hold off on discord, but for now I wanted y'all to have somewhere to contact me/each other if needed.

Okie dokie!

Once everyone finds their way over here, I actually did have some ideas lined up for the accident, what caused it/how it happened, and a few other things, but I wanted to get everyone in one place for that because I felt like it would be best to come to an agreement as a group, that way I could leave room for y'all, especially those of you playing the siblings, to have some say!​

Here is what I originally had written down for all of that but I wanted to make sure everyone felt like it was the best direction to go in, because I don't want to be the only one with any say so!
Additional Information

The Fletcher children come from a long line of witches and warlock, a family where magic is bred into their blood. It continued to pass down to each generation until one day it stopped. Children in the Fletcher family weren't being born with magic anymore. That is until the latest generation, where the magic suddenly returned to the family in the form of the latest three children. However, things got messy and out of hand rather quickly when three children with no mentors discovered they had the ability to manipulate reality...

Then there's the matter of the ghosts. Former family and staff members who lost their lives on the estate during the tragic accident, and some accidents from the past as well.

The "help" are very much just employed individuals with all their own rights and free will, as the Fletcher's have extended only an offer of employment, not a contract of enslavement. New staff will have the option to live at their homes and report to work each day, or they are welcome to live in the guest house on the property.

Magic

The children are able to manipulate the elements to some degree, as well as communicate with the dead and cast spells and enchantments. Well, "able" isn't exactly the word. With no one teaching them, they haven't fully figured out how to use their powers, and are not totally sure what they are capable of, themselves.

The Accident
There was a fire which, unfortunately, caused the entire staff at Fletcher Estate to lose their lives ten years ago. It was written off as a simple accident that got out of hand before anyone could be saved. However, the truth is far more tragic. The children were using their abilities during a game they had made up one afternoon to entertain themselves, but they were unable to control a fire they accidentally started with their magic. Since then their lives are haunted by the despair they caused, and the property itself seems to also be haunted by the souls lost that day.

Setting
This is an entirely fictional location based off of the American south, but creative liberties are welcome and encouraged. The time period is sort of fluid with a focus on the 19th century. There will be no phones, but there are automobiles and basic electricity, for instance.

I just tried to right click on this notif and instead it took me away from the edits I was making to the CS and I lost three paragraphs of backstory :(

Anyway should hopefully have it all finished in the next hour!

ill try and get my character sheet up tonight! not gonna lie this is all giving me 'nancy drew' vibes, i love it (ゝω・´★)

ill try and get my character sheet up tonight! not gonna lie this is all giving me 'nancy drew' vibes, i love it (ゝω・´★)
No rush! Like I said I'm not gonna put a deadline on it right now. I know everyone's just started cooking up their plans.

Glad you love it 😌

Users who are viewing this thread

Back