• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Heiress (Kiroshiven X Mia Moulop)

Kiroshiven

Shadow Cursed
Archie Colt was orphaned young and sent to live with his aunt, uncle and cousin, Viola Greene (@Mia Moulop ). Upon returning from World War I, Archie finds out his uncle plans on leaving everything to Viola. In order to get the money, he hires a friend of his Danny Montgomery (@Kiroshiven) to kill Viola. How will this pauper of boy achieve such a feat without being caught? And most important of all, can he even do it?

Viola Greene waited in the drawing room. She had received a letter saying that her cousin and her best friend, Archie Colt was coming home today. He had said something about bringing a friend. She was curiously awaiting him. He hadn't said the friends name, and for a while, Viola had assumed he had met a girl. But it didn't make any sense, Archie had never given any girl the time of day and tried to avoid them at all costs. Viola was really the only girl he was really able to talk to.

Archibald Colt, or Archie as he was usually called walked down the street to the house where he had grown up in.He was planning on bringing his friend, Danny Montgomery. He was truly excited to hear who got his Uncle Anthony's money. He was sure it was him. Uncle Anthony always said that Archie was like as son to him and he was sure that Uncle Anthony would give him the fortune.

"Archie, why do I have to tag along with you to hear about you getting your Uncle's money? It's not like I'm going to stop working or anything like that." Danny really didn't want to go. Archie had called him right after work. He was covered in grim and sweat. He wanted to go clean up and have some fun out in town. There plenty of girls to flirt with and trouble to be had. Danny put on a coy smile. "Or are you saying that by bringing me you're going to give half the money? If that's the case, hot dog I'm going to have some fun. I'll live it up at your fancy galas, go watch some plays, even try to get me a classy broad."

Archie laughed. "Don't worry. I'll save you some. But I want you to meet Cousin Vi." Vi was was Archie's nickname for his cousin, and she called him Arch. It was something they had done as children, that carried into adulthood.

"Why on earth are you going to introduce me to your cousin that's upper class while I'm filthy and reek of sweat? Are you insane man?" Danny threw his hands into the air in disbelief. His best friend was being an idiot. Danny noticed two women that walked by and whistled. He was a flirt, a very GOOD flirt. However, he never really went beyond flirting. It just wasn't his nature. "So, what's your cousin like anyway?" It dawned on Danny that he didn't really know ANYTHING about Archie's family.

"Cousin Vi complains about her parents all the time," said Archie. "They're very protective of her. She wants to meet someone, anyone. The girl doesn't have a single friend outside the family. I thought it might be a nice surprise for her to meet someone."

"She's a sheltered little angel. And so your idea of being a good cousin is introducing her to some slum runner? You are a weird cousin. Remind me sometime to give my apologies to your cousin and thank her for putting up with you." Danny smirked as he playfully elbowed his friend. They were close, always had been. So the slight jab at one another wasn't uncommon. However, this time, he'd already beaten Archie to the slum runner line.

"She could use some excitement," said Archie. "She's always begged me to taken her out with me. Of course Uncle Anthony and Aunt Hattie would never approve."

"And that's where I come in. Got it." Danny smiled mischievously as they finally arrived at their location. Archie's home, where they'd disclose who Archie's uncle left his money to, was always impressive. He stared up at the monster of a mansion with awe-filled eyes. "Your house never ceases to amaze me Archie." Danny didn't completely doubt Archie would get it, but the way that he talked about how protective of Vi they were, he suspected they might not be able to leave her without any of it. "Just to be clear Archie, whatever happens I'm still your friend." He smiled to show his support to his friend.

Archie gave Danny a grateful smile as he knocked on the door. A few moments later, Viola opened it and flung her arms around Archie. "It's so good to see you again, Cousin Arch!" She turned to Danny, her pale blue eyes shining. "Hello, sir, you must be Mr. Montgomery."

Danny put on his best smile. "That I am Ms Greene." He bowed as best he could to her. He thought about putting up the act for a while, but knew that it wouldn't matter his clothes were obviously that of a pauper. "I've heard quite a bit about you from Archie. I must apologize for him and thank you for putting up with him since he moved in." Danny smirked. "So now that we're here, do we go hear from your uncle or do we mull about and chit chat? Or better yet, do we just skip the whole thing to go dancing? I'm always up for dancing like there's no tomorrow."

Viola smiled and let out a little laugh. "Thank you, sir," said Viola. "But there is really no need for an apology, I adore Arch and I am very happy with how close we are." She moved aside. "Please come in. Daddy will be down in only a few moments." Viola stepped aside and allowed them entry. Archie stepped in.

Danny clicked his tongue but decided to have a little fun. He scooped up Viola in his arms and carried her through the door. He waltzed a bit around the room before setting her down on the chair. He winked playfully at Viola before moving to stand beside Archie. "You didn't tell me your cousin was gorgeous." He nudged his friend again. "Should've introduced me sooner." He whispered to him. Danny then moved to the corner of the room away from them. It wasn't his place to really be here. He was just a friend of Archie's.

Viola let out a small squeal as he carried her. Her cheeks heated up, turning bright red, and she giggled.

"Are you in love?" Archie asked jokingly.

A few moments later, Viola's parents, Anthony and Hattie, walked into the room. Hattie hugged Archie and Anthony shook his hand. Anthony turned to Danny while Hattie looked him over.

"You must be Archie's friend," said Anthony.

"A pleasure to meet you Mr. Greene. I would've come in much better attire if Archie had given me more time to prepare. However, the lad caught me right as I left work. Working on those new fangled cars takes a lot out of a person." Danny pulled out a clean handkerchief, wiped his face and hands before offering to shake Mr. Greene's. "I really want to thank you both for letting Archie be friends with some like me." It dawned on Danny that he hadn't introduced himself. "I'm Danny Montgomery. It's a pleasure to be in your wondrous home." He bowed again, but this one was much more fluid.

"Archie's an adult," Hattie murmured. "We have no control over who he can be friends with."

"Very nice to meet you, Mr. Montgomery," said Anthony. "I am Anthony Greene, this is my wife, Hattie, and I assume you've met my daughter, Viola."

"I have. You have raised her very well Mr. and Mrs. Greene. She's become a very beautiful young woman. I hope someday to have a wife with even a fraction of it." Danny was really laying it on thick for Archie's parents. No need to ruin a good connection after all. However, he felt like he'd need to go throw up a few times once this was over.

Viola blushed at his words. She had met very few men in her life and even fewer that weren't related to her. It was exciting for her to meet someone new.

"We are considering a business arrangement between her and one of my partners," said Anthony. "Which will be helped by my announcement." He raised his voice and announced. "I have decided to name my daughter, Viola Elinor Greene, heiress to my fortune."

Archie turned cold and tense. The smile he had on his face when his uncle started making the announcement was gone. A stone cold look was on his face.

Danny looked to Archie and knew he was pissed. "Well, Mr and Mrs. Greene, I thank you for such a lovely visit." Danny began to leave towards downtown. It was his home and it was also one of the places that only Archie knew where to find him. If he needed him, he'd find him. "Ms. Viola, it was a great time seeing you. And I hope that we may meet again." He smiled tenderly as he left out into the air. "Archie, I'm still here for you." He mumbled as he began to left the estate.

(I had to make him leave because my other ideas were him walking away with Viola and bonding. Which would make him NOT take the job.)

Viola smiled at Danny as he left. She turned to Archie and she gave him a sympathetic look. "Archie--" Viola started. "Congratulations," said Archie curtly before leaving to find Danny.

Danny made it out of the house and down the street before he stopped and turned. Archie wouldn't wait that long to come find me. He walked into a back alley and simply waited until Archie passed by. He grabbed his friend by the shoulders and pulled him into it. "So, what's the plan now Arch?" Danny decided to drop the full name because it was time to get serious. "What heartless thing did you think up this time?"

"That's a bit extreme don't you think?" Danny had killed a couple of times before. Not purposely, at least on the record. It normally was messy and it wasn't easy. "Look, if you just calm down and think this over we can get through it." Danny wasn't going to argue too much if he persisted though. Archie was someone that he knew would be a problem if you didn't just go along with what he planned.

"No, I want her gone," said Archie. "That money is mine. You kill her for me and I'll use my inheritance to get you a nice penthouse and make sure you're set for life."

Danny sighed. "Very well then." It looked like there'd be one less pretty face in the world. "So, I guess you want me to get close to her right? That means I'll be needing easy access to the estate to get her out and about in town." Danny leaned against the wall as he started explaining. "I'm gonna have to really sell this as an accident or just make it look like she did it herself. That should be easy with an arranged marriage. They'll think she was putting up the good girl act to please her parents then she just went and dropped dead rather than thinking about marrying some random guy over someone she loved. It's simple really. Again, just gotta get her to trust me enough to go dangerous places."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back