• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Haunting of Owens Burrow

Squad141

The Purple Soul
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
[div class=background][div class=second] [div class=topimg]
[div class=back] go back [/div][/div] [div class=border][div class=opacitybg][/div] [div class=box][div class=over]overview[/div]
The town of Owens Burrow is certainly...something. It's quaint, affordable, and all-in-all incredibly boring. The most exciting thing to do there is go exploring in the woods surrounding the town or racing through the open streets during the few hours where traffic is sparse.
But the history of the Burrow is anything but peaceful.
Filled with serial murders, mining incidents, sacrificial killings and unexplained fires, the almost-random events that strike the timeline of this small settlement are still told as ghost stories today. But nothing has ever really happened since then, leading many to suspect that most of these tales of grotesque fantasia were simply made up to scare each other when the crickets and cicadas were burrowing too far into their heads at night.
Enter our protagonists, one such group of scare-freaks and horror-lovers. They stage Halloween parties, haunted trivia, and even sneak out at night to their hideout in the woods to watch a scary movie marathon until the sun comes up, and they rush back to their homes to pretend to be asleep. They are masters of every horror cliché, stereotype and archetypical story from the early nineties and onward.
This being the reason we focus on them, and not some other kids, for our story tonight. They saw the signs. And they acted too late, despite their warnings.
During the fall, a few weeks before Halloween, someone new came to town. This wasn't very suspicious, as people came to Owens Burrow all the time to either fail at advertising their brand new product that would change the simple-minded folks minds, or enjoy the tranquility of nature during he Orange Season. And the subject of this move was a sweet little old lady.
This little old lady opened a shop, right where the old book store used to be. An Antiquities and Curiosities Shoppe, the sign said, which intrigued a handful of residents. Nothing much in there though, say the people that have claimed to enter every now and again.
However, when our hero's enter this store one day before school, they see differently. Everything seems normal at first, but as they leave, the old lady begins a course of events that they deem odd.
Now, in present day (or night, to be more accurate) the clock is ticking. Every minute something new and horrifying occurs in the sleepy secluded once-mining town, and only the group of heros can stop it, drawing from their knowledge of movies and media stemming from the same category.
Can they stop the creatures and people from completely overtaking their lives, souls, and livings?
Or will they succumb to the madness, and be tortured, stabbed, and burned to the many watching eyes surrounding their every move?

[div class=over]rules[/div]
[div class=num]1.[/div] Follow RPNs rules. Any infractions will be dealt with as per usual.

[div class=num]2.[/div] I want this to be a semi-advanced story, so a detail oriented post at least. I won't make a post limit size, because I feel like that boxes in people too much, but I would like more than 'Jessica jumped over the fence and kept running'.

[div class=num]3.[/div] Please keep any drama, as there is bound to be some, In the story itself please. And finally, have fun. That's the reason we're all here, isn't it?

[div class=over]Summary - Personal[/div]
For a clearer version, here: A group of friends who love horror media live in a small used-to-be mining town called Owens Burrow, which retains a gruesome past. One day, an old lady moves in, and opens a shop. After going in the shop one day before school, strange events begin occurring, and when the night begins (and the kids sneak out for a movie night at their fort), terrors and manifestations begin to appear and crawl through the streets. You play as the teens, desperate to the find the cause of this chaos, wake up their parents and most of the town as well, and survive the creatures of the dark.

Note: characters will die. I based this off of cheesy horror flicks, which contain beloved character deaths, so this will contain them too. I won't have you roll dice or anything like that, but at any moment your character could meet their demise, so make your choices wisely.​
[/div][/div][/div] [div class=first] [div class=words][div class=i]H[/div]aunting
[div class=bottomwords]of
Owens
Burrow
[/div][/div] [div class=line][div class=fimgb][div class=input] [div class=block][div class=inputwords] go forward [/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class=c]made by: lavendre lavendre [/div] [script class=input on=click] slideUp 2000 first fadeIn 1000 second [/script] [script class=back on=click] slideDown 2000 first [/script] [script class=input on=mouseenter] addClass op inputwords [/script] [script class=input on=mouseleave] removeClass op inputwords [/script] [class=background]height: 400px; max-width: 600px; boz-sixing: border-box; margin: auto; position: relative; overflow: hidden; border: 1px solid #000000 [/class] [class=first]height: 100%; width: 100%; background: #FF8C00; opacity: 0.99; position: relative; top: -400px [/class] [class=second]height: 100%; width: 100%; background-image:url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/19/f6/bd/19f6bd0c396da8e6c9dfaa9ad572ab27.jpg); background-size:105%; background-position: 0% 30%; opacity: 1; position: relative; top: 0px [/class] [class=back]width:100%; height: 40px; padding: 20px 0px 0px 0px; margin: auto; font-weight: 700; letter-spacing: 1.5px; word-spacing: 1.5px; font-size: 13px; color: white; position: relative; top: 305px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: pointer [/class] [class=line]height: 2px; width: 100%; background: white; position: relative; top: 130px [/class] [class=fimgb]position: relative; top: -95px; margin: auto; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); height: 180px; width: 180px; background: #fff; padding: 7px [/class] [class=input]cursor: pointer; height: 180px; width: 180px; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/60/87/bb/6087bb654f20fdbbbfa73c3d51c3673e.jpg); background-size: 120%; background-position: 55% 100%; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); filter: saturate(70%) [/class] [class=inputwords]height: 10px; padding: 5px 5px 10px 5px; width: 100%; display: block; background: #fff; color: #444444; position: relative; top: 85px; font-size: 10px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; text-align: center; transition: all .4s ease-in-out; opacity: 0; position: relative [/class] [class name=op]opacity: 1 [/class] [class name=words]height:100px; width: 100%; font-size: 25px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; position: absolute; color: #444444; top: 250px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 4.5px; text-transform: uppercase [/class] [class=topimg]height:100%; width:100%; filter: saturate(110%); transition: all .5s ease-in-out; position: relative; top: 0px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=topimg state=hover]filter: saturate(150%); [/class] [class=topwords]width:130px; height: 7%; border-bottom: 1px solid #94A12C; font-size: 12px; color: black; position: relative; top: 220px; margin: auto; font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif; font-weight: 700; word-spacing: 1px; letter-spacing: 1px; [/class] [class=bottomwords]height: 100%; width: 100%; font-size: 0.45em; text-transform: lowercase; text-align: center; font-style: oblique; top: -5px; line-height: 14px; letter-spacing: 0.2px; position: relative; top: 10px [/class] [class=border]height: 300px; width: 345px; position: relative; margin:auto; top: -371px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=opacitybg]height: 289px; width: 350px; border: 1px solid white; background: white; opacity: 0.8; margin: auto; position: relative; top: 5px [/class] [class=i]display: inline-block; font-size: 30px; font-style: italic [/class] [class=box]height: 80%; width: 90%; padding: 5px; font-size: 11px; font-family: 'Hind', sans-serif; margin: auto; position: relative; top: -265px; line-height:16px; word-spacing: -0px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify [/class] [class=over]height: 25px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; width: 100%; background: #ACACAC; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 700; text-transform: uppercase; position: sticky; top: 0px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class=num]display: inline-block; font-size: 11px; font-weight: 700 [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class]
(credit to undine for code)

I thinks that’s enough for now. I’ll be setting up a character creation thread soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back