• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guild Stone ((Old Questing Thread))

Regil Dagger.png
Regil the Thief
~And so the hunt is on~
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Naturally he heard out the bird, who he was quickly growing a respect for. Sir Ducci seemed to know how to keep their motley crew moving at the very least and he had to respect that. He seemed to be doing his best to keep them all alive. He took off his hat, and undid his scarf, letting those attentive cat ears perk up again. Which almost immediately flicked as he heard the thudding in the distance, the demeanor of Regil couldn't have changed more in that moment. Suddenly getting low, and almost instinctively slipping to the nearest shadow, flattening his back against smooth stonework just in case it looked their way, one hand on the hilt of one of his daggers. He crouched low, minimizing his body size and-- Well it was obvious why he was so good at what he did and why he had a reputation. If the party hadn't been actively watching him he could have vanished from all view.

When the Cyclops passed, Regil merely nodded, adjusting his goggles and looking back. "Leonin... You ready? This is our moment. We obviously need to scout this place, if we can we should try to find a good room to outmanuver the Cyclops. Something large we can use to dodge their sight and strike them from all angles. If we can catch them isolated and pick them off one by one, that would be ideal." He pointed out, having well given his two cents on the matter while the moment was still prudent. He motioned down the hall, to where the cyclops had descended the stairs, "We should hurry whatever the case... And Leonin, I sincerely hope you aren't still holding onto the idea that we can somehow reason with them. Revealing ourselves here could easily raise an alarm."

Rurnur Rurnur | Ace Cream Ace Cream | Tapfic Tapfic

Leolin

Finally, they where out of the wind; Leolin's ears where back in play. Too bad for his nose though, the stench of decay was ever present- and starting to give him a headache. May as well just plug it up, he thought as he reached into his bag of holding, pulling out a tissue. Leolin tore it in half and stuck each piece into a nostril. That was slightly better, it would be even better if he could turn off the super scent. Alas, that wasn't an option.
Leolin listened intently as Sir Ducci spoke, nodding with conviction when he was referenced.

"Our target on this day is a family unit of Cyclops, my young friends. We must not stop until each member of the family is dealt with, so as not to leave any remaining threats to that Dwarven settlement. I do not wish to alarm you, but to slay only one or two foes before fleeing may very well do more harm than good. We do not know how they will react. "

Leolin tensed when he heard the word "slay".
Not because he still held any hope for befriending them of course, it wasn't like he thought these guys might be some poor misunderstood souls anymore- even he wasn't that naïve.
With a slow acceptance, he glanced down to his hands. Lifting one and staring into his palm for a moment.
The memory of hot blood dampening his claws made his gut twist in a way that he knew well, a shiver crawled up his spine and lingered.
A deep breath in, and out. Leolin's composure returned just as quickly as it had been lost, and a confident smile returned to his face. He would just help his team fight them and avoid shedding blood himself.
If it came down to the wire- he would protect his friends of course.
Yeah, Leolin liked that plan.

"When you are ready, Regil."

Hearing the impossibly heavy footsteps, Leolin peaked up from behind the rubble; watching as the giant silhouette lumbered out of view.

"Leonin... You ready? This is our moment." Regil had slipped into the shadows while Lin had been distracted "We obviously need to scout this place, if we can we should try to find a good room to out manuver the Cyclops. Something large we can use to dodge their sight and strike them from all angles. If we can catch them isolated and pick them off one by one, that would be ideal." Leolin nodded in acknowledgment, in an instant his form had shifted into the small cat and he stood to follow Regil "We should hurry whatever the case... And Leonin, I sincerely hope you aren't still holding onto the idea that we can somehow reason with them. Revealing ourselves here could easily raise an alarm."
At this point he didn't think he was brave enough to try and reason with these guys. Sure it had sounded like a plan on the way here; but now , moments away from facing them- he couldn't imagine risking it. It was one thing to put his own life on the line for a peaceful solution; endangering his team was completely different.

" Yeah, lets just toss that plan ," It wasn't like he could run if it failed this time. Man, guild adventures sure where different.

" Lead the way boss "

Zef The Owl Zef The Owl Rurnur Rurnur Ace Cream Ace Cream

Apple

Apple nodded at Ducci's explanation, signaling at Pipi to walk silently. She was feeling a mix of anxiety and excitement. This cold stony environment was something she hadn't explore much before and her magic wasn't as effective as she would like here, on the up side this was also her first time hunting in a big group like this and she was eager to prove herself. Staying low on the ground, Apple followed the group at the back. Fortunately for her there's plenty of statues and rubbles for her to hide.

"Pipi, watch our back. Tell Apple if you notice something suspicious."

"Piii." The mandrake waddled at the very back while occasionally glances at the opposite direction of where they're heading. Pipi might looks clumsy but she was actually quite stealthy if the situation calls for it. Her experience hunting with Apple didn't go to waste.

Rurnur Rurnur Zef The Owl Zef The Owl Tapfic Tapfic

Cinder.v2.jpg
-Cinder Radcliff | Demi-Human | 26yo | Gold Rank-
"The name's Cinder Radcliff. Apologies if I came off as arrogant or brash, as that was not my intention. I know my own powers like the back of my hand, though due to the strength each of my powers sit at I tend to work alone most of the time; so I can only go off of what I do know. I don't intent to take lead, I merely wanted to give my thoughts given as a Gold Ranked adventurer." Cinder apologized to Brynhilde sincerely, looking away from the papers to see his expression. "I'm of the belief that the one with the most experience leading others should take charge, and being that I usually work alone I'm probably the worst choice for this groups leader. However, given what happened earlier today with our Waystones lighting up, I thought it would be best to assume the worst case scenario. Because this quest is Silver Rank, we know that the adventurers that have died to them are at least Iron or Silver. Furthermore, we know that six of them died, so we can assume that all of them were working independently; as the six of them working together and all being killed would suggest this quest would realistically be Gold Ranked. On top of that, Waystone travel to and from the mountain itself is completely cut-off by an unknown magic source, so we'd also be prone to getting attacked by something stronger than we would be prepared for. That is why I suggested we strategize first, because there are too many unknown factors to consider. What if there are more than we believe there to be? What if they posses magic we don't know about? What happens if the magic behind the Waystones not working is from a different source? Until we go there for ourselves and find out for sure, we need to be prepared." Cinder thoroughly explained. It was clear that he was a bit on edge, despite the quest being lower than his rank in the Guild; and it showed through the concern in his eyes. With that he broke his gaze from Brynhilde and went back to writing down what Aki had told him about her skills, the gears in his mind turning as he then looked at Aki. "And Aki, I can take care of aerial attacks since I can use my powers to fly, so I'll focus on killing the Goblins with ranged weapons while you stay with the bulk of the party and focus on those you think will cause the most trouble if that's okay with you." He suggested before turning his gaze to Jennie, ready to write down her powers and work from there.

Character Info 1.png
Jennie listened to what Cinder had to say, somewhat surprised with how on the nose he was with his reasoning. She could see where he was coming from, as she was having similar thoughts of her own; though he didn't need to be harsh like that. As his attention fell onto her, she gave a slight nod and gestured to her instruments.
"I primarily use my magic to do three different things: One spell boosts the strength and speed of each attack for those the spell is casted on, another heals for every attack to those it's casted on, and the third absorbs attacks from the enemy and turns part of it back against them. Whatever spell I use depends on the instrument, so there is some delay between each spell. I can also continually cast the spells for as long as needed, and can switch who the spell is applied to by intention alone. I can also use my Harp as a bow as well, but it's primarily to defend myself on the off-chance an enemy slips by." Jennie briefly explained before seeing Cinder's hands get back to work, already delegating her as the parties dedicated healer. As expected, she would be the one to keep healing the party whenever they were injured.

Reinhardt Reinhardt Not Sure Not Sure

Last edited:
Ducci slowly emerged from behind the rubble and began following in the path of the others, keeping pace with Apple. The Paladin caught only a glimpse of the enormous silhouette, but was able to read the situation well enough to keep silent. Further ahead, the two scouts would make their way across the entrance hall. Passing statues that ranged in size from being comparable or larger than giants, to the size of actual dwarves, as well as being in varying states of disrepair. Some larger constructs even seemed to be built from solid gold, or were at least plated with it. In contrast, smaller statues were left to crumble, sometimes spotting the leg of a sculpture still attached to the floor, or wandering past a crumbling decapitated head, missing from it's original placement.

Approaching the next archway, one might hear the distant footsteps of what was likely a Cyclops, growing quieter by the moment. Further back from the head of the party, and much further down, Pipi could possibly feel the vibrations of numerous footsteps surrounding her just out of sight, hiding amongst the snow and rubble. A few intense moments would pass, before a large black red-eyed rat would scramble out from behind a corner, jaws wide and attempting to make a snack out of Pipi. Ace Cream Ace Cream

Quietly making their way to the top of the grand staircase leading somewhere much deeper and darker, either of the two scouts would be quick to notice something off. First was the smell, different to the constant rotting stench that filled the hall, but a more acrid smell that burned ones nostrils. More to the point, it was certain that someone in their party would notice the large rotting length of rope which ran from each end of the archway, clearly some kind of makeshift tripwire, likely designed for larger prey than themselves though, making it an easy trick to spot. The most disturbing piece of evidence however would be a certain texture running down the center of the staircase, almost as if the stone had been melted away in large swathes, making the steps seem possibly treacherous to descend for the party of smaller creatures, as slight traces of smoke could even be seen wafting from the destroyed sections.

Zef The Owl Zef The Owl Tapfic Tapfic

Last edited:
ApplePipi

Pipi almost squeaked in surprise when she noticed a rat was running at her, but she managed to close her mouth using her hands. She tried to run from the rat towards Apple a few step ahead but her short legs weren't the best for running. The rat easily outrun her and bite her in the torso. Pipi let out a muffled yell as she panickly grabbed the nearest rock from nearby rubble and hit the rat with it. Repeatedly. Bonk, bonk, bonk. Suddenly, the rat was swatted away from Pipi by a wooden javelin. The mandrake look up and saw Apple holding the javelin like a spear and nodding at her.

"Pipi, grab a weapon." The girl whispered. Pipi nodded and picked a rusty metal plate from one of the crumbled statue. It was probably used for a name plate but now Pipi couldn't even discern any letter in it.

While the rat already took a noticable chunk of her stomach, it didn't seems to affect the mandrake much other than making her looking uncomfortable. Also, if anyone look at it they would notice that Pipi's inner body was more comparable to a radish than animal. No flesh, no blood.

Ymir
She hadn't really thought much of what to ask him. Sure, Ymir was curious about the cleric. They'd worked on a few missions together while they were still silver ranks, but Titus spent the most of his time outside the guild with his church of fire fanatics. And Ymir was, though she tried to hide it, a tad hopeless at remembering the small stuff.

"So what's been happening?" She expected a vague answer. Mentions of the last quest he'd been on perhaps. A comment on life. Even a non-descript 'good' usually sufficed to answer. They were only on first drinks after all. No need to rush ahead and-

"To put it simply, I've received a threat on my life this morning I cannot ignore."

Ymir nearly choked. Inhaling the contents of her drink instead of swallowing them as intended.

"What-?" she managed, amidst a bout of coughing. A death threat was not where she saw the night going. Apparently it wasn't the end of Titus's woes as he continued, nursing his own red, faintly glowing wine.

"I'm also a candidate to fill my mother's position. To tell you what this means I need to tell you about my mother." Titus released a heavy sigh. Ymir stared, eyes wide and a little panicked.

Oh god. She was several drinks behind where she wanted to be for this conversation. Recovering use of her lungs, she tipped back what she had so far as Titus continued in the same, slow tone that showed the conflict in his thoughts. Ymir was grateful it let her keep up.

"My mother was the Archon of Fire before she died five years ago, which was right before I joined the guild since that was one of my driving reasons as I wanted allies to help me take down her killer, the frost giant king."

Well-- hell. It did explain why he decided to come to a guild when he already had his own group. Apparently he was a little more than just an honorary addition. "Now, despite her hardly caring for me when I was a child, I'm a candidate for her position." Ah. That was kinda brutal to hear, not entirely surprising. It seemed to be a running trend that power begot expectations over affection in family. "I'm proud to have gotten to this spot, but one of the other Archons, Legion, wants one of his goons in the spot. He threatened me this morning by saying something that perhaps my mom's death wasn't just a normal death in a duel."

Uh-huh, and there it was. Ymir rubbed a hand over her eyes. There were two topics there; one she understood better than the other. She could guess an Archon was someone important, and this Legion was one who was after power that Titus posed a risk to.

The non-duel death was more confusing. Did they mean to say Frost Giant had nothing to do with it? That made the guild obsolete in terms of the purpose Titus had for joining. Or maybe his priorities had shifted, finding refuge in a place where these apparent enemies of his weren't a central tenant. Deciding they weren't about to be going anywhere soon, Ymir reached up to slide off the goggles from her forehead, stowing it and her well-worn bandana away in the bag at her side.

"So since this morning I've felt like I've had a pile of bricks on my back." Titus admitted, finishing his red wine. He didn't have anything else to append, staring at the empty glass after he set it down on the counter.

Ymir didn't have much more to say either. Her back pressed against the counter as she stared up at the roof, considering that the new skylight they'd acquired gave a lovely view of the sky. She prayed to it for answers to a question that hadn't been asked. Titus certainly had done a good job of dumping half his bricks down for her to carry.

"...well," she said eventually. Another drink was placed on the counter next to her, and she reached for it absentmindedly. "Dawn's dead if that isn't a problem."

The issue of the Frost Giant King seemed simplest, though easier said than done. The Legion problem appeared a tad harder to deal with, given their position among the Archons. "How much do you trust in what this 'Legion' has to say?"
EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
Zeno nodded at thatZeno was listening to what Cinder said, but he didn't fell like sharing his powers. So far, he was being silent, not replying to anything, but he got cinders point as he turned to other people on the part, and asked them what their powers where, he paid attention to this because it could be useful someday......

Zeno already knew who Cinder was, but he hadn't gone on any mission on him, so he just quietly recline as he listened to the others speak. He had already figured out about Jennie being a bard, with her Musical instrument. He agreed with what Cinder was saying about the dangers and the unknown, and lately he had been hearing rumors about a gold-ranked monster nearby, and he listened to the rumors, because more often then not, they can turn out to be true......

Casually, he flicked a bit of lighting into the air while he waited for Cinder to ask him about his powers....

Interactions: II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II Reinhardt Reinhardt Not Sure Not Sure Goonfire Goonfire Tellussoil Tellussoil

Regil Dagger.png
Regil the Thief
~I don't fancy being melted~
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regil naturally led the way, motioning his new partner to follow him, presumably in lion form. Regil was light on his feet, it was clear he specialized for sneaking, it was what he did best and it damn well showed. His movements were silent, despite him sometimes leaping over low debris, parts of shattered masonry with absolute ease. Practically sliding over the environment as though he were a specter with no kinetic anchors to the world. For him, movement was second nature, swift and silent. When they got to the descending stairs he paused, holding up a hand and slowly kneeling down next to it. He noted the melted section and pointed to it, the light acrid smoke rising up from it. "A trap possibly? Can you make anything of the smell Leonin?" He muttered in a hushed tone, looking back at Leonin.

Lion form, Leonin did say his senses were much stronger as a lion, so maybe he could make heads or tails of some remnant of what caused this. If it was an acid or, perhaps a molten liquid of some description. Regil had his own tricks, he dug into his pack, and pulled out a small ball bearing. Metal of course, he usually had a bunch of these to act as makeshift get-away traps if he was being chased by someone, was a good way to trip people up. He gently rolled the ball bearing into the melted area, looking to see just how bad it was, if whatever was causing the melting lingered and would melt the ball bearing as well. It was small enough it would certainly not be noticed by the giant Cyclops should one come by, so he wasn't overly concerned.

Rurnur Rurnur | Tapfic Tapfic

1612122522866.png Titus paused long enough for Ymir to stop coughing, as he intended to help if she actually started choking. As for coughing up what she drank she would be fine on her own hopefully. Despite her "What-?" he continued, he was getting this off his chest before he responded to anything. And so he did. He was called an honorary archon by many, but that held no real weight. To gain any real power he would have to join one of the church factions, and he didn't fit in any of them as he was such a mix of several of them. To command any power in the church aside from the personal forces of the Archons everything came through the elders or Seraphina's will herself. There were no ranks in the church aside from Elder, Archon, Priest, and Paladin. The elders were a group of ancient angels who served as Seraphina's voice in trivial matters, the Archons were the hands and feet of Seraphina acting in her stead, or at least as close as they could get to it. Priests and paladins had learned magic and the word of Seraphina to be able to help in the church's missions and events.

What was a once clear source of his mothers death was now uncertain, she was either killed by legion by surprise, killed by the frost giant king, or a mix of both where someone hindered her in her battle with the frost giant king. As he pondered he looked over to Ymir and noticed she seemed weighted by his words, he felt bad for dumping half his metaphorical bricks on her but he couldn't carry them alone for much longer. Her next comment he wasn't expecting: Dawn's dead. He was confused at first before thinking it was that the morning is over. "
Indeed, the sun is now high in the sky." He replied, still not sure what she meant.

"
How much do you trust in what this 'Legion' has to say?"
"
He's a madman, you're just as likely to get a lie from him as the truth... but this time... this time I don't think he's lying." He answered honestly, he felt a lot better since he got that off the chest. He finished off his current glass of fire wine and ordered another. "My current plan is the same as always with a little more paranoia and vigilance: Get stronger and raise my rank. Currently the Frost giant king is a platinum or higher mission." He explained. "Still thanks for listening, I really appreciate it Ymir."
Sylph Sylph

Osgar Press
Osgar nodded in agreement; "Yes; escaping on-foot would be extremely difficult versus swarms of goblins, which tells us the source of this jamming power was established in the area before they were killed," he added to Aki's facts when establishing a probable timeline of events. "They either went in before or as that magic field popped up, or they did what we're about to do and traveled a longer distance on-foot."

His eyes traveled between the others as they decided on a 'leader'. "I wouldn't take a lead role solely based on my timing, but it would be wise to also nominate a co-leader for ease of managing such a large group," he advised. "Now, I should speak about myself already. I am Osgar Press, a warrior of the gods. I project an aura to bolster your resistances to debilitating and dominating effects; it would be more difficult for you to be debilitated or dominated." Osgar then opened his brigandine armor to show the inside; beneath the sturdy fabric and riveted to it was a series of overlapping steel plates, easily interchangeable by an armor-smith if one was sundered. Beneath that was a quilted gambeson. "As you can see, I use a large kite shield and this armor. The drawback is that all this weight slows me down; I'm better at blocking an attack than evading one." His shield leaned against the wall at the moment; the thick wood was reinforced with a metal.

"It seems most of our adversaries would attack in swarms. We should plan accordingly and carry weapons with high cutting power." Weapons such as a sword excelled at slicing through larger crowds of enemies. A wide swing tended to catch several goblins at a time.

Not Sure Not Sure II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II Funnier President Funnier President Reinhardt Reinhardt Tellussoil Tellussoil

vwdM5MC.png
Lantana Waystone Guild - Midday
Aki heaved a sigh. These kinds of squabbles over party leadership weren't that uncommon, but they still weren't a great sign of things to come. "I get where you're coming from, Bryn, but it's not like being the first one to take the quest off the board makes you qualified to lead either - no offense, Osgar. Personally I'd prefer one of the Gold ranks call the shots, since I'm pretty sure none of us are professional strategists."

Jabbing her thumb Cinder's way to indicate exactly which Gold rank she was referring to, she continued, "Either way, telling your party what you can do is pretty common courtesy, so why don't you swallow your pride a little and share with the class, huh?" On that note, the other three had been pretty forthcoming already. Jennie being along would definitely be a big help, and considering ghosts were on the menu a paladin like Osgar would definitely be too. "So, sounds like we've got a healer, two frontliners who can either scout or support, one ranged attacker, and...?" she stared meaningfully over at Brynhilde and Zeno, the latter of whom had been silent pretty much this whole time.

Goonfire Goonfire Funnier President Funnier President II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II Reinhardt Reinhardt

UTitbJg.jpg
Ivar Barghest
Beastmen bandit swashbuckler

╒═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╕

So far so good. they hadn’t flat out denied Ivar joining. Nor were they questioning it. Let's keep it that way. When the paladin inquired to him admitting that he didn’t knew Him Ivar turned to him. He wasn't a particular fan of these holy goody two shoes, but if he wanted to succeed as an adventurer he had to deal with them. "Name’s Ivar. Nice to meet ya Oscar… ya might not recognize me yet for I only joined this guild about a tenday ago… But don’t let that give ya any wrong ideas. I have more than enough experience from the Deadlands so be sure I am capable to make things dead, deader than dead or re-dead things that were dead" He exclaimed confidently. He wasn’t completely wrong. He did have enough experience killing prey of various kinds with his clan.

More people were joining the gang, now even a gold rank member. Was that even necessary? it was just a bunch of goblins they were going to fight. The gold rank, who introduced himself as Cinder, was quick to take charge trying to come up with a strategy "Well our target are goblins. on their own, they are nothing special but in groups, they can become quite the hassle. Especially if they are organized under a capable leader. The fastest way to deal with a group then is to figure out who is the leader among the pack and take that one out. The loss of leadership should disrupt the rest making them disorganized and easier to deal with… so kill the biggest and or the one that makes the most noise and the rest should be easy" Ivar said with a shrug showing his knowledge of monsters, well more his knowledge of pack tactics he knew goblins often also use.

all seem to go smoothly, that was until the blonde girl in armour had to voice in with her doubt of who should be the leader. This act of defiance annoyed Ivar. but more the things she said. He didn’t agree with her at all. He rather follows someone who nominates themselves than one who the group nominates. If someone nominates themselves you at least you know they have confidence in their leadership and are willing to take the burden of it.

Ivar leaned against the wall with his arms crossed as he listened to the others explaining their abilities. He might as well do the same "Ya wanna kno what I’m capable eh?" he said with a chuckle "well I am used to ambushing tactics. hit fast and hit true, preferably without the prey notice the attack until it is too late and be out of harms way before they can recuperate. you could say hit and run tactics'' Ivar raised his right hand to show his claws "The blessing of my lord comes in handy in those cases for any prey struck by these claws or bitten by these claws shall find themselves blighted. Their bodies destroy themselves by the plague I gave them if they don’t cure it quickly… also. the earth is my ally and will grant me passage along and beneath her surface. Quite useful for infiltrating and moving around unseen.. or to escape." He said crossing his arms again. They still needed to figure out this ordeal of who will become the leader and he wanted to see what will come from it.

╘═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╛

{Location}: Guild hall | Quest board
~
{Interaction}: Funnier President Funnier President ( Zeno) ~ Not Sure Not Sure (Aki) ~ Reinhardt Reinhardt (Brynhilde) ~ Goonfire Goonfire (Oscar) ~ II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II (Cinder & Jenny)

Cinder.v2.jpg
-Cinder Radcliff | Demi-Human | 26yo | Gold Rank-
"Okay, so as for who should lead, I'm of the belief that either Osgar or Aki might be best suited for this quest." Cinder suggested as he continued writing everything down. "If I'm in command, it'll make it more difficult to take out the Goblins that can attack at range, and Jennie will be primarily focused on providing reliable healing and support to everyone. Ivar won't be able to ambush enemies if he's giving orders, and I'm not completely sure if Brynhilde would be a good fit either. With both Aki and Osgar sticking close to the group, it'd be wise if one of them is made the leader. If we need a second in command, I can take care of that once all of the ranged threats are killed off. As for my powers, they're a bit hard to explain how they work, but I can simplify."
With his opinion of who would lead now voiced, he stood up and opened his bag of holding; all twelve of his rods floating out and orbiting him like the moon around the Earth. Each one was made of pure Tungsten and enchanted with spells that made them impossible to melt and very hard to break apart, four of the twelve giving off a slight glow as they heated up; with his body starting to lift off of the ground. "There are five powers in total that I can use during combat, and one allows he to imitate flight. Another sends my rods flying like a barrage of arrows, and one shoots a flurry of fireballs that can deform armor and burn flesh. I can use the fourth power to set fire traps that activate upon proximity or touch, and the last one is an all out firestorm that can melt Tungsten at max power. In addition, I can mix and match these powers to use multiple powers at once, though they become less effective due to certain constraints and requirements of each power..."

Tellussoil Tellussoil Not Sure Not Sure Goonfire Goonfire Funnier President Funnier President Reinhardt Reinhardt

"Indeed, the sun is now high in the sky."

Ymir raised a brow, glancing over at the non-commital words. It took a moment to puzzle what he was referring to. An undignified snort left her as she did, turning her head away to put a lid on the snickering. "Yeah- yeah. It is huh."

The amusement faded as he continued, settling into a somewhat inebriated sense of calm. "My current plan is the same as always with a little more paranoia and vigilance: Get stronger and raise my rank. Currently the Frost giant king is a platinum or higher mission."

More vigilance? Good lord. At least he was sticking around. Decent gold ranks were hard to come by.

"Still, thanks for listening, I really appreciate it Ymir."

"Anytime," she said distantly, glancing over at a different group. They looked to be organising themselves for a quest, but Ymir had heard the word goblins and decided no way—she'd with the little green tykes enough on her travels.

"You heading back to the church after this?" she said to Titus. Given he'd been drinking, it didn't seem likely he'd be taking on another quest, but he didn't usually hang around much either. Ymir leaned back against the counter, watching the adventurers test the waters of their dynamic with mirthful eyes as Titus gave his response.
EldridSmith EldridSmith

Leolin
He moved like a wild animal, silent and graceful only because his instincts allowed him to be. Trailing behind Regil like a shadow; with a similar auditory output in his cat form.
"A trap possibly? Can you make anything of the smell Leonin?" Regil asked when they came to what very much seemed to be a trap.

Hesitantly; Leolin pawed one of the tissue pieces from his nose and inhaled deeply- only to gag and cover his snout in disgust.

"Well I can tell these cyclops guys need to clean their fu- freaking hide out " he said, pawing the tissue back into place for a little relief.
" Okay- serious talk now. I think it might be a methane based explosive system, which could be hot enough to cause melting; and be easy enough for the Cyclops guys to get if it occurs naturally in the mine," He would sniff again to make sure, but he had forgotten to eat before they came, and if he tried for another whiff of the place... Well at least he didn't have much lunch left to loose. His nose might have been more helpful if he had more scents in his frame of reference to compare what he smelled to.
" But even with the scent and stuff, it could always just be an enchantment- or like.... Acid? "
Leolin was not as familiar with either of those options however.
" Either way I say we just don't pull on the rope. " He nodded as if that one was the best possible explanation.
Zef The Owl Zef The Owl

1612138357187.png Titus smiled at her as she said "Anytime" before following her eyes to the group staring at the quest, it was a silver at least and from the reported deaths or disappearances... no way he would allow any coppers to go on a quest like that, just too risky. He wanted to stay behind and chat with people, but it looked like he would need to head up a copper or iron rank quest for them so the coppers could get some experience without risking their lives on something two ranks above them. Ymir then asked if he was headed back to the church and he shook his head. "Not this time, I'm going to be sticking around for a bit today... but seeing as how those coppers are trying to go on such a dangerous mission I'm likely going to head up a real easy one for them, a copper or iron of their choice." He declares as he nods to the group. "Excuse me for a second, I need to talk to them about that quest. I'll be right back or you can come with."
Sylph Sylph

Titus then stands up and heads over to the group talking about the goblin quest. "I'm going to be heading up a copper or iron quest soon for the coppers and irons around the guild today. I would personally advise against a copper or iron heading on this silver quest of this sort, especially with the rumors I've heard about that section up north. I just thought I'd give you all a heads up." He explains with a smile. He didn't want anyone else dying today, and considering how the last people who went there died he was seriously hoping to dissuade any coppers who were interested in the silver quest to join him instead.
Tellussoil Tellussoil Not Sure Not Sure Goonfire Goonfire Funnier President Funnier President Reinhardt Reinhardt @(Whoever else is there)

The ball bearing rolled down a couple of the steps before slipping into one of the small melted sections of stone, creating a slight hissing sound followed by a wisp of smoke. Suggesting that whatever caused the damage remained in trace amounts among the damaged areas, but did not seem immediately threatening to the party. Not long after, the familiar howling of winds could be heard picking up, as a particularly strong breeze travelled through the entrance hall and down the stairway. Some kind of strange squelching noise could be heard, before some odd substance dropped onto the top of the staircase, causing a similar hissing sound upon impact. Glancing upwards from where the tripwire had been set up, Leolin would notice a convoluted but effective trap setup leading to a fleshy mass, sway slightly and sloshing with an apparently acidic substance contained within. The evidence would suggest that the tripwire would cause a waterfall of deadly liquid to splash onto the stairway.

Approaching the trap they had uncovered, Ducci spoke in a hushed tone. "Oh dear, good thing we were able to spot this contraption. Take care when crossing the rope, but feel free to continue ahead, you two." He nodded to Regil and Leolin, before peeking down the stairs, unable to discern much in the darkness.

Down the stairway, the halls would lead to a darkened area, making it much more difficult to sneak about successfully, as there were still various piles of rubble strewn about that would create noise if one came in contact with them. The small amount of light that travelled down from the upper floor would at least allow some view of the chamber structure, indicating up to three different hallways spreading out across this floor. With a very faint glow of orange emanating from the easternmost corridor. Using ones sense of smell, that terrible scent of decay was the most intense to the north, and least intense to the west, while one with a particularly refined sense of smell would notice that familiar acidic smell also to the west.

Zef The Owl Zef The Owl Tapfic Tapfic Ace Cream Ace Cream

Last edited:
Pri
There was a shiver in the air above the guild hall. A gathering of energy, almost miasmic in nature, with the hint of a distorted world visible beyond its veil. Those outside the guild would notice a ripple in the surface as something dropped through. A being that slowly took shape in the form of a large bird, its wings an unnatural lavender as it shed the last wisps of clinging magic. Regaining its balance it was quite to settle into a gliding descent towards the guild, sharp eyes watching for signs of opening.

Of those inside, only those with spirit abilities would detect the change at first. For the rest, the guildmaster's arrival was marked by a gale coming through the open window, scattering papers and quills and stirring up all manner of dust.

"Priiiiii!" She turned sharply back into the air, soaring up after her dive and beating her wings as she settled on the railings of the upper floor. Dark eyes flickered over the adventurers gathered. "Prprpr-"

She shook her head, fluffing up once more before finally seeming to settle. Her gaze landed on the largest group of adventurers present, glittering with interest at the mix of new faces and different ranks all in one place. Just barely landed, she took off again, gliding down to settle on of the chair backrests near the group. "Well well well," her voice echoed, melodic and filled with remnants of arcane magic. "This is quite the occasion." Glancing to Cinder, she blinked once at the gold-ranked member, turning her head on its side. "It seems something happened while I was away."
II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II Reinhardt Reinhardt Tellussoil Tellussoil Not Sure Not Sure Goonfire Goonfire EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
Zeno looked over at Titus, and waved a hello at the fire-wielding healer. He personally was kind of intrigued by Cinder`s power, it was interesting to see how his rod functions, but he decided he might as well give a overview of his powers......

"Fine, you want to know my powers?" Smirking, he tossed a dagger into the air, and faster then a blink, had it centimeters apart from Osgar`s neck, and let the silence roll as he put the dagger away. "I...... am fast, you could say, and I can mainly use lighting........" To demonstrate, he created a electric dagger in his hand and held it up as it crackled and sparked around "Plus, I am more silent then any of you.

Interactions: Sylph Sylph II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II Reinhardt Reinhardt Tellussoil Tellussoil Not Sure Not Sure Goonfire Goonfire

Last edited:
Regil Dagger.png
Regil the Thief
~Eww~
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, the melted ball bearing and the tripwire trap were certainly exactly what he expected. Something caustic that was capable of melting them fantastic, what he was not expecting was the fleshy mass in the ceiling. One could hear Regil audibly mutter to himself, "What in all of the great sweet bossom of the goddess is that?" His nose wrinkled, he didn't like it, nope, not one bit. This was not okay, this was a whole lot of things but OK was not one of them. Screw that thing, whatever it was, screw that thing. It was becoming more obvious to him there was more to this place then he originally thought and he seriously began to wonder if it was even the Cyclops that set this up.

He looked back to the others, then looked to Pipi with the obvious big part of them missing as the team regrouped. "What happened to you? You look unfussed but-- Ah, nevermind, we have to keep going, come on Leonin. Also, why are you holding your tongue with the language? What? Are you expecting the Cyclops to be able to detect dirty words?" He poked a bit of fun at Leonin, before manuvering over the tripwire. Swiftly stepping over it in one short hop before continuing on, sticking to the side of the staircase so as not to touch the acidic center. The area ahead, noteably, might not be as dangerous for Leonin and Regil in particular as it might be for most.

While it was certainly dark, he and Leonin were both cat-based. Regil with his cat-like eyes and Leonin, well being a Lion, they both likely had very acute darkvision that made things a lot easier to maneuver. Unfortunately, he didn't have the sense of smell Leonin had, so aside from the dim light corridor he didn't notice the decay any stronger in one area then another, or the acidic smell to the west. He looked back to Leonin though, as he got to the base of the stairs, crouching behind some rubble and giving the all clear. "What do you think? Which way should we investigate? Notice anything with that nose of yours?"

Ace Cream Ace Cream | Rurnur Rurnur | Tapfic Tapfic

Apple

Apple followed suit to where the tripwire had been. She gazed confusedly at the fleshy thing that had been dripping acid from rhe ceiling. She never saw something like that. Still, this trap was pretty good other than the fact that it was too easy for them to spot. Using her magic, she bent the javelin on her hand and made it coiling around the rope. Just in case they need to use the trap. Then she pulled another javelin from the bag.

"Piiii." Pipi caught up with her and Apple lifted the mandrake back on her shoulder. Those acid substance on the stairs would be dangerous for Pipi to step on.

Peeking down the stairs, Apple squinted her eyes trying to see things in the darkness, but couldn't see much so she lit the tip of her javelin on fire to provides some illumination. While she did poses sharper eyesight than most human, she still can't see in the dark so it's better to risk a small light source rather than unknowingly walking into something dangerous down there.

"Let's go Sir Risoria." Apple tugged the paladin and carefully walked down the stairs.

Leolin
Ah, so it was acid after all, with a heavy heart Leolin removed the tissue from his nose once more- committing the scent to memory. He gaged again.

"What happened to you? You look unfussed but-- Ah, nevermind, we have to keep going, come on Leonin. Also, why are you holding your tongue with the language? What? Are you expecting the Cyclops to be able to detect dirty words?"
Well, the real reason was because Apple or Sir Ducci might hear- and he promised he would not curse in front of them.

" Yeah, what if they have a freaky swear word six sense, Regil? How would we know? " he quipped, following Regil gracefully over the trip wire and peering down into the darkness- or well, darker-ness. He continued to follow behind with feather light paws.

It seemed the assault on his senses was only going to get worse from here- Leolin sighed in defeat, and removed the tissue from his nose permanently. He was going to burn everything he was wearing and take the longest bath yet to be recorded as soon as he got home, he swore it.

"What do you think? Which way should we investigate? Notice anything with that nose of yours?"

Leolin took an almost painful sniff of the room, and immediately covered his nose with a paw. He gestured to each door with a paw as he referenced it.

" So that one-" he gestured to the east " is glowing, but you can see that too probably."
"That one " North " seems like it leads to the source of the rotting smell- and the other one, " West " smells like the acid from earlier. "

" Not sure if you're more of a mysterious glow or graveyard fan; but I'd rule out the acid room."

As they drew closer to battle, Leolin had a late realization.

"Oh, oops," he muttered, and shifted back to his (mostly) human state, leaving only the paws of his feet in a feline form - keeping his footsteps quiet and gentle. Leolin wondered not for the first time in his life, where did his clothes even go when he transformed? They always returned when he transformed back- well... mostly anyways. Sometimes he lost a sock. It was one of life's great mysteries.

" Forgot to avoid cat-brain." It was a matter-o-fact statement. He didn't want to get freaked out by a Cyclops in full cat form and end up- well, actually full-cat after all. Plus non-cat-nose was a little better at handling the all this rot without inducing a migraine.

" ... Hey Regil, if a gorgon and a cyclops looked at each other who do you think would win? " Leolin whispered curiously, it had started off as a random thought floating through his brain, but the more he thought about it the more interesting it became. Also he was becoming bored.
" I think the gorgon would, because they know how to keep their caves clean. "

Zef The Owl Zef The Owl Rurnur Rurnur

Ducci followed in close proximity to Apple, appreciative of the light she provided while they traversed the stairs, avoiding any traces of acid damage that could potentially collapse, sending them tumbling down into the depths of the stronghold. "Ah, thankyou young Apple!" He whispered, but in his usual upbeat tone. So it appeared these Cyclops kept the stronghold trapped, though it was still up in the air so to whether this entire place would be treacherous to traverse, or if it was simply relegated to the entrance.

While Regil and Leolin exchanged words in the otherwise silent chamber, several alarming sounds came echoing from the interconnected hallways. There was a guttural, somehow wet-sounding round of hideous laughter erupting from the left of the pair, originating from down the western hall, but spreading throughout the entire chamber due to it's sheer volume. "BE QUIET." Came a similarly booming voice from the eastern hall, this time a deeper, more gravelly tone. The speaker sounded deathly serious, and it came almost immediately after Regil and Leolin heard the first wave of laughter. The terrible violent chuckling and occasional coughing continued at a lower volume from the west, for the next short period of time that they remained in this chamber.

Tapfic Tapfic Zef The Owl Zef The Owl Ace Cream Ace Cream

Brynhilde Gratia Leitner

A soft, subtle sigh left Brynhilde's breath.

She had expected such a response, but not to the level that had been revealed to her. Most of the ones who were present showed no objection to Cinder's lead, in fact, a fair amount of them appeared to even support it. Despite the fact that the said gold rank explicitly expressed his lack of experience when it comes to fighting in a group, let alone taking up the burden of leadership.

Though she would have preferred a different circumstance, it was of her own volition to join this quest. Lives were at stake, including theirs - and though she didn't like to leave things to uncertainties such as fate, she will have to brave the risks as such is her duty when she took upon the mantle of an adventurer.

It was a challenge that could easily spell disaster for one simple mistake, but a challenge nonetheless. And overcoming such obstacles is Brynhilde's path, there was no way she was going to back out now.

The last to respond to the exchange of information, Brynhilde stepped back, as if to make enough room between the assembled group and her.

"To specifically go in detail as to what my capabilities are is to waste time.", she said. "So it shall be swift and simple."

Brynhilde extended her right arm, with her palm opened and facing the ground. Not a second after, the very space the was right under her palm was twisted and deformed. Swift bursts of wind came forth from the spatial anomaly, as a mystic light begins to emerge in its place, slowly enveloping and calming the distortion - only to form a ball covered in the colors of the night sky, sparkling with beauty yet full of ominous mystery.

"The manipulation of cosmic energies...", she added.

She made contact with the mysterious ball using her right hand, grabbing it and squeezing it. As she did so, the energies gathered within the sphere was forcefully altered, and spilled from whatever opening was present - as if it tried to escape her grasp. But before even a sliver of such could even be free from her touch, the light had been formed into a shape, one that many would easily recognize.

The noise of a single crack came forth, then nothing.

The figure formed by the light had been replaced by an entirely different thing, in the same shape but in a more tangible and comprehensible form - a bow was now within Brynhilde's firm grasp.

It bore an intricate and foreign design, yet seemingly not completely unrecognizable. Covered in what appears to be the color of the sun's golden graces, it looked like it was made of the finest earthly metals, but one glance at it and one could easily tell that it was not - a physical manifestation of something that normally wouldn't even be tangible at all.

"...and weaponizing them.", she continued, and finally let go of it and retracted her arm - the bow fizzled out in an instant, leaving a faint trace of stardust, then immediately disappeared without proof that it had ever existed.

She crossed her arms at the end of her pseudo-demonstration.

"I'm an offense-oriented all-rounder. Or at least that what I've been designated in most of my ventures so far.", she spoke as a conclusion. "My defensive abilities and utilities are more beneficial to me than they are to others."

All that was put to a sudden halt, however, upon the unexpected arrival of a rather important figure - the guild master. Like a soldier saluted their commander, Brynhilde quickly placed a fist on her chest and lowered her head for a short moment.

"Guildmaster Pri. I am honored to be at your presence.", she called out to the avian.

Interaction/s: Osgar ( Goonfire Goonfire ), Aki ( Not Sure Not Sure ), Zeno ( Funnier President Funnier President ), Ivar ( Tellussoil Tellussoil ), Jennie & Cinder ( II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II ), Pri ( Sylph Sylph )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back