• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Growing Storm (1906 rp)

Even if it don't intervene I think that'll end poorly.
It worked in the impossible conditions of WWI, it'll work even better without a War in the region.

To be fair the United States was until some u-boats got a little too torpedo happy. At least, that's what I remember. It's been far too long since I last brushed up on my WW1 history.
Also blaming German populace For burning of a building, Anti-German propoganda and a rampant decrease in German names in United States census during the period sure do show their Neutral attitude.

Germany warned Americans multiple times not to get on any ships or send ships into certain waters as they were a warzone :p it's like telling a person, hey there's a minefield here, and they throw themselves in it xD
The ocean is a big place and Germany doesn't own the sea. The United States would have been selling the Germans weapons too if the British hadn't stopped them I believe. They just continued shipping to Britain because it was closer and more profitable.

It worked in the impossible conditions of WWI, it'll work even better without a War in the region.

Also blaming German populace For burning of a building, Anti-German propoganda and a rampant decrease in German names in United States census during the period sure do show their Neutral attitude.
The United States isn't one people. Yeah, people were sympathetic to their British cousins and the rest of Europe, and yeah, most weren't as closely tied to Germany, but nobody wanted to actually send troops over. Just profit from both sides if possible.

The ocean is a big place and Germany doesn't own the sea. The United States would have been selling the Germans weapons too if the British hadn't stopped them I believe. They just continued shipping to Britain because it was closer and more profitable.
While America was interested in making profits, Wilson was heavily Anglophile as I recall from my history classes. Besides that, the Germans warned America multiple that any ships in a zone of war could be targeted by a u-boat, hell, the German Embassy even warned people not to go on the Lusitania :p (Which had a shit ton of war munitions for the Brits)
Germany needed some kind of answer to Britain doing complete naval blockade and starving its people after all

Also I was informed in an old class in the Russo-Japanese war, in a couple instances British civilians were killed on ships because they were in areas of war. Britain wiped their hands of it and basically said if you wanna go get yourselves killed, you do you.

Last edited:
While America was interested in making profits, Wilson was heavily Anglophile as I recall from my history classes. Besides that, the Germans warned America multiple that any ships in a zone of war could be targeted by a u-boat, hell, the German Embassy even warned people not to go on the Lusitania :p
Germany needed some kind of answer to Britain doing complete naval blockade and starving its people after all

Also I was informed in an old class in the Russo-Japanese war, in a couple instances British civilians were killed on ships because they were in areas of war. Britain wiped their hands of it and basically said if you wanna go get yourselves killed, you do you.
I think he was a Anglophile too, but wasn't he also a pacifist, or at least a noninterventionist? I like England too, but I wouldn't necessarily make my country to go to war over it. The Lusitania forced his hand I think.

Britain's like that, but not quite the United States. They went to war with Spain somewhat recently in this time period essentially because one of their ships exploded on the docks and everyone instantly blamed Spain.

"Rise up sons and daughters of the Reich, and overthrow your American overlords!"
*Cue Amish rebellions*
german_empire_provisional_occupation_zone_by_alternatehistory-d5xhdti.png

I think he was a Anglophile too, but wasn't he also a pacifist, or at least a noninterventionist? I like England too, but I wouldn't necessarily make my country to go to war over it. The Lusitania forced his hand I think.

Britain's like that, but not quite the United States. They went to war with Spain somewhat recently in this time period essentially because one of their ships exploded on the docks and everyone instantly blamed Spain.
USS Maine was an inside job. Spanish cannons can't melt forward magazines.

This is glorious, well done sir

Well, I'm sure history won't repeat itself, let just trade bro <3

Honestly though I don't think that would ever happen under normal circumstances. I have to admit that the concept of the Amish rebelling is cool, but wouldn't they be ridiculously behind technologically? Unless they decided to just adopt more modern stuff specifically to fight.

German Americans is more realistic. Probably wouldn't happen anyway, but I know a few hundred to a few thousand protested about America's involvement in both World Wars.

Honestly though I don't think that would ever happen under normal circumstances. I have to admit that the concept of the Amish rebelling is cool, but wouldn't they be ridiculously behind technologically? Unless they decided to just adopt more modern stuff specifically to fight.

German Americans is more realistic. Probably wouldn't happen anyway, but I know a few hundred to a few thousand protested about America's involvement in both World Wars.
Yeah I don't think the Reich will be wasting it's resources on an Amish rebellion, despite the hilarity of it

But yeah, if America could send food stuffs to the Germans, that would be nice.

Yeah I don't think the Reich will be wasting it's resources on an Amish rebellion, despite the hilarity of it

But yeah, if America could send food stuffs to the Germans, that would be nice.
You should try to make a successful Dublin Uprising or whatever it was called happen. I know the Germans tried to get a couple thousand guns to the rebels.

As long as someone doesn't stop us and there's a profit involved we will.

Maybe in this timeline neutral Wilson wont get into office.
Three term Teddy!
Haven't seen this until now. The thought crossed my mind, and it's really tempting. Either that or maybe an entirely new candidate.

You should try to make a successful Dublin Uprising or whatever it was called happen. I know the Germans tried to get a couple thousand guns to the rebels.

As long as someone doesn't stop us and there's a profit involved we will.
Not a bad plan good sir, not a bad plan in the slightest ;)

Look at all those Mexicans in the south. The US should give them their land back.
xD cause that won't backfire at all

I doubt that the Mexicans would go through with it even if the telegram wasn't intercepted by the British. They're about to have a civil war in a few years time and would still be recovering from both it and American intervention in the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back