• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Grey Fellowship OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I was not sure how that would go over, guns in fantasy settings is one of those famously controversial things. I'm glad you went for it.

Basically, gunpowder was invented by rock gnomes, specifically a famous inventor, for use by a dwarven mining company to replace more volatile explosives. Then they decided to start using it against the creatures of the Underdark, and it eventually spread to many of the strongholds.

Let's be honest, a bunch of rowdy Dwarves throwing dynamite into a goblin cave is as horrible a visual as it is hilarious.

Okay, so here's the brief history I've created of the world:
In the beginning, there was only Io, the adamantine dragon. Soon, he created the multiverse, and soon, the Material Plane. He then created the God's, allowing her to populate the world with their kind. Moradin made the dwarves and planted them in the mountains, Garl Glittergold planted the halflings in the hills, so on and so forth. Then, the Shard of Evil appeared. Tharizdun, then the God of Order, was the first to discover it, and it drove him mad. The God's locked him away in the Abyss, but not before he slept Io in half, creating Bahamut and Tiamat. The Forgotten One, the Creator of Humanity, had his most powerful angel, Asmodeus, guard Tharizdun's prison, though the god soon corrupted Asmodeus, who then turned on his master and absorbed his power.

Several milinias passed, and soon, the primordials rose against the God's, beginning the Dawn War. The world was ravaged by the war, with civilization being reduced to dust in the aftermath. The dwarves rebuilt, teaching humanity the crafts, primarily smithing, while the elves taught them the art of hunting, and to respect nature. Thus began to Old Age. In this time, humanity followed the Old Way. Disputes were settled personally, man lived alongside the races, and all was well. But, of course, humanity soon became greedy. They began to expand, and expand, and expand, before they eventually forgot the Old Way. A fee dessenters went North, where they hoped to preserve their ways. And thus began the Age of Heroes, our age.

No reason he can't branch out here. You're the DM, man.

Also, our blind elf seer? So cool. I get King In Yellow vibes when I read that post.

That's what I would love to see. For example, Ander's people believe that Io was the Great Father, the Creator of All Things. He wasn't a dragon, and was instead an Odin like figure, a wise seer who dearly loved his children. His son was Bran, also known as the Forgotten One, and when Bran was slain, the bits of him that fell to the Material Plane became the first humans. And of course everyone else has their own stories of how they were created.

If you look at older editions of the game, real-world deities were mixed right in there with fictional fantasy ones. Thor and Odin were all present.

Really? Awesome! I love me some Norse mythology. I'm also borrowing a bit from the Celts in terms of Ander's culture. They adore nature in all of it's forms, and are known for their druids.

Hey, I gots me a question, we mention that it's "cold" here at the campsite, and that we're in the North. Is it actively snowing? Like are we in Fargo right now? Should we be dressed accordingly?

Also, we're at a campsite, instead of at a keep or castle or anything like that. Is this our permanent 'base', as the Fellowship? Or are we in the middle of an important battle or mission?

It's more like England: cold and wet, but not really snowy. And currently, this is the Fellowship's base of operations. They don't really have a castle or fort yet. (Though that will happen later on.)

How recent is this Fellowship? Was there a 'One Ring' moment that brought us together? Because as you describe it, this is like a massive army.

Yeah. I feel like we're about to become a guild, conquer a country...or discover that the Terrasque is sleeping just underneath. And we woke him up.

It's a half-elven fellow named Adran. He's a paladin of Avandra, somewhere in his sixties, though since he's a half elf, he looks like he's somewhere in his thirties.

I’m so excited for this role-play! I have small plans for Nendolin further down the road as we develop and bond. ^_^

I hope the rest of you are equally excited about it and your characters! It’s truly a great (although very male-dominated) cast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back