Opinion The Greatest Disaster

Treading the fine line of racism right there buddy. Might want to word it better if your intention was to say that humanity is predisposed to have kings and rulers, which are for the most part, not decided genetically. 

Hey, I was just reading this thread again for giggles and I wanted to retort this, would you mind, or do you think it'd be in bad taste at this point?

Hey, I was just reading this thread again for giggles and I wanted to retort this, would you mind, or do you think it'd be in bad taste at this point?

Sure, but unless you want to retract your use of the term 'genetic' to refer to inherent leadership abilities, I don't think there is anything to discuss. I'm no SJW, but saying that some people are genetically disposed to 'serve' others, well, that's something that I find incredibly abhorrent. 

Sure, but unless you want to retract your use of the term 'genetic' to refer to inherent leadership abilities, I don't think there is anything to discuss. I'm no SJW, but saying that some people are genetically disposed to 'serve' others, well, that's something that I find incredibly abhorrent. 

I know it sounds incredibly racist, but I'm not saying 'blacks need to serve whites', I'm saying 'many whites and blacks work best when they're under orders from someone else they can trust with their lives'. I know that I, myself, just don't 'work as well' or aren't particularly happy with my life unless somebody is giving me order and structure, and I want to be able to trust that person to have my best interests, and the community's best interests at heart.

I think society would be a lot more efficient, ordered, and harmonious if we had an omnipresent, benevolent, and intelligent sovereign system of some kind that guided all of us in our lives and the society as a whole. It could be a council of a wide variety of scientists. It could be a super-advanced A.I. I'm not sure what it'd be, but everything would be better in my opinion if we had one strong benevolent tyrant at the helm.

Obviously, I'd like it if that tyrant was me, but that's besides the point. Now that I think about it, I probably meant something more like "Egalitarian, Democratic, Capitalist, and Liberal 'self-guiding' societies are flawed". Not sure why I just said Egalitarianism at this point.

I know it sounds incredibly racist, but I'm not saying 'blacks need to serve whites', I'm saying 'many whites and blacks work best when they're under orders from someone else they can trust with their lives'. I know that I, myself, just don't 'work as well' or aren't particularly happy with my life unless somebody is giving me order and structure, and I want to be able to trust that person to have my best interests, and the community's best interests at heart.

I think society would be a lot more efficient, ordered, and harmonious if we had an omnipresent, benevolent, and intelligent sovereign system of some kind that guided all of us in our lives and the society as a whole. It could be a council of a wide variety of scientists. It could be a super-advanced A.I. I'm not sure what it'd be, but everything would be better in my opinion if we had one strong benevolent tyrant at the helm.

Obviously, I'd like it if that tyrant was me, but that's besides the point. Now that I think about it, I probably meant something more like "Egalitarian, Democratic, Capitalist, and Liberal 'self-guiding' societies are flawed". Not sure why I just said Egalitarianism at this point.

I see where you're coming from. Hell, I use the example of the Roman empire versus the Roman republic to show that having a single competent ruler is sometimes better for a society than a democracy. But you had to use the term 'genetic.' That is were I strongly disagree. I agree that humans in general will always be predisposed to having some sort of governing body/ruler, but I would say that is more social, and ingrained into our species as a whole than some sort of genetic divide that makes rulers and followers out of people. 

I see where you're coming from. Hell, I use the example of the Roman empire versus the Roman republic to show that having a single competent ruler is sometimes better for a society than a democracy. But you had to use the term 'genetic.' That is were I strongly disagree. I agree that humans in general will always be predisposed to having some sort of governing body/ruler, but I would say that is more social, and ingrained into our species as a whole than some sort of genetic divide that makes rulers and followers out of people. 

Well, I'll admit, I might've used genetic because it sounds cool, I think? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, that just brings to mind neo-Nazis and eugenics when used in that context. 

I do have some fascist and eugenics tendencies, I'll also admit.

No matter how much I beg, never put my brain into the master control system, okay?

I do have some fascist and eugenics tendencies, I'll also admit.

No matter how much I beg, never put my brain into the master control system, okay?

I would say having fascist, eugenicist tendencies is pretty alarming. I get the eugenicist part, but you don't seem to be as much a fascist as a Ceasarist. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back