• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building The Great War and the creation of the modern world - Mechanics

dieutain

Flying Spaghetti Monster and my right.
I am not finished this yet but I'm gonna try to finish it ASAP

Okay so here is the mechanics. Each warring nation will have a front and at the start of the war there where three, each will have different mechanics.

The Western Front: This is the front that defined The Great War, it started off with a clear German advantage as the French did not expect them to come from Belgium, however due to the English joining the war on the Allied side it soon turned into a war of attrition. It is a giant network of trenches thousands of miles long, gains were often a few feet in exchange for hundreds of lives. It takes place in Flanders, a region of Belgium and Northern France.

The Eastern Front: This front often had large gains of land by the Germans and Russians and was in a constant state of flux for a while mainly due to Austrian incompetence and the big geographical enemy, the Carpathian Mountains. Once the front crossed the mountains situated in Eastern Hungary supply lines became difficult and often doomed the army which crossed it. This front is definitely the largest and to get far you need to make a continuous gains across the board in order to make an effective resupply chain. This mainly takes place in Eastern Hungary and what is today Poland.

The Serbian front: This front was the massive Austro-Hungarian empire hilariously failing to take tiny Serbia. This front is just painful, with mass desertion from Slavs, terrible generals and losses, and the humiliation that one of the big empires of Europe couldn't handle a tiny country. Meanwhile the Serbians lost nearly 27% of it's population and 60% of it's male population to disease or just bullets. Overall not a fun time for anybody.

On each front the belligerents will plan offensives, retreat, have major battles, and small skirmishes. After each day in real life (which will be about a week in game time) I will try my best to tally up the losses for each side and change the fronts based on losses and to the best of my abilities. Attacks and defences will be determined by dice rolls with modifiers (which I will approve of) and I will calculate the gains.

Due to the importance of railroads in this war I'm going to take suggestions on how to actually incorporate them since I can't particularly think of a way.

Last edited by a moderator:
on the more mobile front, maybe there is a roll to see how fast you get to the battlefield, with well maintained railroads giving a bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back