• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Golden Age

Kyd Jhesus

Unlicensed Doctor
Intro

"The Golden Age, That's what the new generation of superheroes deem it. We just called it the 40's, The first boom of Superheroes(and Villains) appeared around that time. The boom was Worldwide, but mostly in America, The cultural melting pot of the world. The spike in superpowered individuals was sometime before the beginning of the world war 2. I remember hearing about the terrifying things that came to light once the fighting was finally over. The Nazi War Machines, Super Soldiers, Death Camps and other atrocities committed by the Axis forces. America itself isn't excluded from these atrocities sadly, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, both means to end an already bloody war. It was a different time back then, No cellphones, internet or video games the kids seem to love so much. It was a simple time, even with men that could fly and rip metal apart like cardboard with their bare hands. Now I won't lie to you, At that point in time in America had its social problems, Racism, Sexism, Homophobia and much more. Society wasn't so accepting back then, people were excepted to stay in there place. This was the Golden Age, The push that was needed to make a change. Today they look back on the heroes of yesterday and you're filled with a sense of hope as if anything was possible."

City
716.jpg

Geld City is where this story will start from. This city is the most technologically advance city in America. Do not be surprised of seeing out of placed like AC, Colored TV and other such minor things like robots. Geld is a very affluent city shown throughout the city, With that said Geld of course has it's slums. The Slums can range to Poor, broke down and completely horrendous as if these people never left the depression. This city has many farms and small town on route to it. This city is located east coast of America and has it's own bay with boat from all around the world docked in it. Geld is located near the New Jersey Coast.(Think Atlantic city)

Setting is 1948

Rules:
1. Don't be a jerk, Just at least try.
2. Decent grammar skills
3. No one-liners please or two, three or fours. All I ask is a paragraph if you're lazy.
4. You are limited to the number of character you can handle.
5. 5.Be prepared for topics such as Racism, Segregation, Sexism and Homophobia and other related topics of discrimination.
6. I am God GM and can add rules and change them as I please.
7. Have fun, We're Superheroes!

Anyone Interested? Feel free to ask any question.

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-golden-age-40s-superhero-rp.347864/

Last edited:
I changed the CS location to the correct spot for characters so go there to see it. The link is located at the bottom of my first post.

Two questions:
1) Is having a character that can manipulate energy (ie kinetic, heat, light, chemical) too powerful?
2) Can I start making a character?

Also interested. Have a British immigrant concept in that time period I've always wanted to try out. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back