• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One The Gathering of Death Eater Children - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Enid Blyton's book

Ah yes, now I've been educated on an older book that I've missed. Thank you, my kind sorceress for sharing with me the lore of the elders.

Smoking

It's hilarious to find that you cannot whistle or blow bubbles with your gum, either! *Laughs happily at how relatable you can be when I ask for advice* I don't mind smoking on the *inserts the correct number* holidays a year where I'm not working at my job. It will never become an addiction for me or a weekend thing because if I do it less than ten times a year I won't get addicted, and Asmodeus says I won't get cancer like that or anything. One day I'll find someone to teach me smoke (occasionally), whistle, and blow bubbles. I've only given up temporarily...not permanently.

RP - Let the students leave announcement

Luna will suggest it at the end of my post (I'm writing it now), that way your characters have time to do what they need to do before the students leave. Thanks for telling me because I was going to have her tell the students to leave at the end of my post, which we would've had to edit out so that you could do what you needed. I agree, they need their rest.

Catttermole's popularity

Yes. Nice and popular. Awesome idea!

The Potter/Weasley kid for the experiment

Anyone except Albus Severus Potter, who Luna has an alliance with. I don't (and Luna doesn't) care about the others.

Honor

If I try to explain this, let's hope my point get across. *Inhale* *Starts typing like a madwoman* If you and your favorite person in the world are on a battlefield (you're warriors in the example) and the other side (your enemy's) leader kills your favorite person (who was a better fighter than you), but that leader guy fights with honor and is a good person fighting for his side, you'll obviously be angry. Let's say you're suddenly struck with the urge for revenge, and you want to kill that leader guy. Is it wrong to kill him in his sleep when his guard is down, or would you insist on fighting him in an 'honorable duel' instead? My parents, (even Leigh!) both insist that if the man was honorable then you must fight him in an honorable way and that killing him in his sleep or hiring someone else to kill him in his sleep is a terrible thing to do. My thing is: if the leader guy wronged you, and he's stronger than you, what is wrong with killing him in his sleep? They told me that it is wrong, but I do not understand why, because they both just insisted "It just IS!", and even my brother insisted "Yea, you can't do that, you weirdo!" (His exact words, the little dastard.) You are the one I turn to when their advice fails me. Help, please? *Shrug*

Midnight Poppy Land

No, I will RIGHT NOW! I saved it for today when I saw the update then I forgot to go back and read it! *Left to read it then came back*

1593953664146.png

This panel! *Hearty laughter* And, the one where they were kissing...and the goofy smile Tora had in the car at the end...I took an extra minute out to admire those panels.

*Presses 'post reply' here and goes back to Word Document to finish my post*

Last edited:
Here's a list of all the musical genres I know, and way more, if you need help choosing which ones to ban. What happened to me is I forgot most of the genres when I started wrapping up the Halloween party scene, so I used this. Example: "OH!, I forgot about eurobeat." *Adds if to the post* This list is still missing some, but I found the missing ones in the comments.

Last edited:
How would you describe this expression if one of your characters were to wear it in the role play? My brother and I LOVE this expression, but neither of us can describe it in writing. We usually (in conversation), just say 'that crazy anime face with one eye being bigger than the other and the wide smile with the teeth showing'. So can you help us shorten that and make it sound eloquent? *Laughs* At this point my brother wants to just call it 'crazy yandere face #2' (because #1 is the Yuno Gasai face )

1594112297550.png

Attachments

• 1594112297017.png
    1594112297017.png
    458.3 KB · Views: 1
- I would describe that kind of expression as a lunatic
- Yeah, Asmodeus got a point. If you manage to keep it under less than ten times a year then you are awesome. Humans are so different from each other. Some get easily addicted to smoke,
while some don't. And there are many other things that can cause cancer that does not have anything to do with smoke.
- If I am at war, I am probably fighting against a team that opposes me and my team. I and my team would absolutely not regard their leader as the good guy fighting for his honor. So I would gladly kill him in his sleep in revenge for killing my friend. Or kill him while he has his guard down if he is awake. I do not see this as wrong.
- Omg, I took a look at that list of music genres, I could never imagine so many genres 😵
- I am going to catch up on the webtoon comics, I am like two weeks behind😅 and my RP post will be ready by this week 👍

"Don’t call him ‘Vincent’, it says ‘Vinnie’ on his birth certificate.” 😂

"It sounds like someone put rap music in a blender" 😂

Some music genres have funny names that I cannot help but laugh

That's hilarious. I feel like she's one of Luna Lovegood's relatives (don't know how the tree works but I think you get what I mean with the weirdness level, right?).

Sorry I haven't replied, yet. I'm having a problem with writer's block for the death game, which I imagined would write itself when the time came if I just made a list of all the traps I wanted to use. Turns out that's not the case...

tenor.gif

I've rewritten the whole game four times now, and I'm having trouble writing the fifth. Maybe you can help me. I thought. So I'm here for advice. I know what I want to happen, but I don't know how to present it. I've tried writing it in these ways and I'm not sure if I can come up with another one.

1 - Statistics

Will we end up feeling cheated if I just describe all the traps, the deaths, the percentage of correct bets vs. losses, and how many bets each of my characters won? I like reading it when it's done, but ultimately delete it because I think that maybe I'll look back and think: that could've been a very interesting scene and I fudged it.

2 - Saw Details

Should I present it like the Saw films, where I take multiple Word Document pages describing how each group of villains (since they'll split up and go on different paths) handles the traps and gets through them? Whenever I read it that way when it's done, I get bored. Of a death game. "HOW COULD I GET BORED OF A DEATH GAME?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!" I ask my brain.

3 - Follow One Group

Follow one group of villains (whichever runs into the most difficulties), then use statistics to concisely describe what happened to the other groups. Is this cheating us out of seeing the struggle the other villains had to go through?

4 - Saw Details, But Switch Perspectives

Same thing as '2' but for each group of villains it switches perspectives for different characters. The first group's actions would be viewed through Rosaleya and Soren's eyes, and the second group would be viewed through Celeste's eyes, and the third group would be viewed through Alastair's eyes, and the fourth group would be viewed by Nova and Malice's eyes, the fifth group would be viewed through Dante and Eric's eyes, then the rest would be summarized. I also get bored writing this one. Whyyyyyyyy?

I've written it once each way, then deleted the scene in anger. It's been a while since I was this indecisive on something. The last time I felt this confused was when I wrote Alastair's backstory. It took me forever to debate on the perfect details in my mind, and edit everything to be as filler-free as possible. Sorry for my whining, I'm very embarrassed to be having writer's block over something that's supposed to be amazing. I need my best friend's (your) advice.

I have an idea😊

- Decide on how many villains you have in the pit. The numbers of them. I suppose there are 10-20 villains? Decide on a certain amount of villains.
- For example, you have 24 muggles.
- Divide this 24 muggles into groups of perspectives, let's say you divide them into the number of perspectives you need. For example, you want to describe it from Nova & Malice, Celeste's, Rosaleya & Soren, Dante & Eric. You have four groups of perspectives here. Divide the 24 into these four perspectives, so each group will have 6 villains. It does not have to be an equal number. If you decide that there are only 19 villains in the pit, then you can have 4 + 4 + 5 + 6 = 19 for example. One perspective with 4 villains, the other with 4, the third with 5 and the fourth with 6.
So you do not repeat anything. If you describe 4 villains and what happens to them from Dante & Eric's perspective, then you describe the other 4 villains from Roysaleya & Soren's perspective, for example. And each description will be different and unique because you have different perspectives.
For each group of villains, you can do the SAW presentation or a different presentation. If you have four groups because you have four perspectives, then it's four presentations. I know in Saw movies, the victims are usually alone, though, in the RP, the so-called victims are together in the pit with all the traps.
- Play it fair when you pick winners and losers who are betting and make it fun. I do not have any demon character, so they are all yours. Melody does not get the time to place. August's bet is so so as he is not good with guessing or placing 100 percent accurate bets, he also does not have the same traits as Aislinn with her instincts. On the other hand, he is more a calculating person according to his description in the character thread, but that does not mean his bet will be accurate. And don't separate statistics from the presentations, put them together, in other words, include the statistics with every presentation. it will be more fun to read :P

I hope I did not confuse you😅

----------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I forgot to tell you that my mission was accomplished the way Dante reacted after August banned music genres😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I'm writing it in my free time, which isn't much because my mother's keeping me busy before and after work...consistently....for four days now. *Sarcastic voice* "Thanks Mom."

I'm grateful that it's no longer because I'm stuck, because you've helped me out with that. Thank you so much.

Last edited:
You are welcome :D

Smh what a mom, you also need some time to meditate for your mental health. By the way, you can go to work as usual at your place, right? I have been jobless for months now and a lot has become jobless because of corona -_- speaking of that, yesterday I was at a supermarket and I sneezed so loud 😂😂😂 I always cover my mouth when I sneeze and I am not ill or anything, and there was a fat lady closeby, she was about to pay and get out. She jumped away, being scared because I sneezed 😂😂😂 and she also gave me a hateful and angry look 🙄 as if I am going to make her sick with corona 😂😂😂. Black pepper and dust can also make one sneeze, I don't get it why people get so scared because of someone sneezing 😂😂😂

I agree. I sneeze all the time and people get scared or glare or stare and I think the same thing. I always sneeze when I walk by the fresh spices section at the supermarket. Pepper and onion powder are particularly aggressive instigators.

Are you alright financially since you haven't been able to work? I don't need the details, just tell me you're okay?

The virus has not interfered with my work, I can work at my usual place. It's just irritating that I can have barely any free time after work...usually it's a motivator for me to do my best job and finish up my work quickly, which I still do, it's just my morale's been low due to the negative cloud she casts over everything.

I always appreciate it when you help me out of my slumps. I'm so grateful to you that I can't even put a number on it...much less an adjective. 'Grateful' describes about 1% of my appreciation to you. You're an amazing 'mediator for my mental health' (nice title idea by the way), since my Dad is awesome but very busy, and our role play always takes me to another world. The world that we create with our minds.

Yeah, of course, I do not need to worry about money, I have my parents and I can get financial support from the government. Money is not a problem. I am only anxious about not being able to get a decent job in a labor market where 80 percent of the jobs are based on networking, which is a downside for me who is an introvert. Also, I do not know what to write on my resume to make it stand out. And where I live, they do not care about degrees. 😅

Aww, I am glad I can be to any help😊 I hope she stops soon. She is being full of negative thoughts and lashes them over you because she cannot change her mindset. and since she drinks a lot, it
just makes her worse. Since she cannot change her mindset, you can change yours by not allowing her negative influence you. She gives you a negative, you change it into positive and hopefully, your morale will not be low. I hope you get what I am trying to say 😄

I get what you're trying to say. Thank you.

I'm glad you're doing okay financially, and I wish you the best in getting a decent job again after this chaos is all over.

I think this is funny (it reminds me of when Dad asks what an anime character's name is and we have a similar interaction):

I have finally caught up with Children of the Night and here are my thoughts:
So we have a love triangle, I do not like love triangles, instead, I like it when the main characters develop from enemies to lovers lol
so I am shipping Elizbeth with Kenneth and also because I like Kenneth more than Lawrence
But I am surprised, doesn't her parents have a library in their manor, why does she have to visit Lawrence's place to borrow books, probably because he has a bigger collection and variation than what her parents have, I guess.
She is feisty and rebellious, but still, I find her naive and weak in front of Lawrence, that she cannot tell him off and be clear with him about her feelings. It was a wrong move when she embraced him at his return because I believe that triggered him. And Kenneth does not make things better. Why does he not tell her Lawrence is a vampire.

I am curious how this will unfold! Vampire hunter vs vampire!

eceedee9ebb7d7581a84833a7d8378b3fd660fa2.gif

Yes, I agree with you about the MC. And although I ship her with the vampire hunter (saw the twist coming, btw, but I think it was obvious), I also think it's stupid that he doesn't just tell her. I don't like it when authors do that to create suspense, because normal people wouldn't just tell the other person things to keep them safe. Also, I wouldn't have even shaken Lawrence's hand when he returned. Seriously, hands off, you've already got a fiance, MC! I did appreciate that the latest page of Children of the Night was colored, though.

Children of the Night and Stalker X Stalker are the only webtoons I've kept up with recently, so I can only talk about those for now. The 'how they met' story for Junko's parents is hilarious.

Yeah, I like the backstory of Junko's parents. Let me know when you catch up with the rest of the webtoons.

*waiting for you to post your part, so I can add my post* :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back