• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Frontier: A Space Western Chat Club

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Could a suit be heavily upgraded to extend the time the life support systems are online and how much longer can it last? That's the main way that Lazarus keeps coming back to life.

Could a suit be heavily upgraded to extend the time the life support systems are online and how much longer can it last? That's the main way that Lazarus keeps coming back to life.
Again, yes, but with the Gov's oversight. If Lazarus has already done that, then you should probably indicate so at some point.

Ok, I put a better description of the armor in his character sheet. Basically it is meant to keep him alive for as long as possible. But doesn't really do a good job of stopping bullets.

And again, the reason he want's those life support systems is because he is a Trucker if his vehicle is broken down in the middle of the desert, he doesn't want his oxygen to run out before he can make it to town.

And again, the reason he want's those life support systems is because he is a Trucker if his vehicle is broken down in the middle of the desert, he doesn't want his oxygen to run out before he can make it to town.
Again, legitimate reason.

What about Armor-Piercing bullets? Or since everyone wears power armor are all bullets Armor-Piercing?

I also got him another gun. I realized that he had no long-range counter for any people trying to snipe the convoy, so I gave him a regular long-range large calibre hunting rifle. Can't be illegal to have that now, can it?

That reminds me, besides the Khodai are there any other Native Martian creatures you can shoot? Maybe a few that are tasty?

I also got him another gun. I realized that he had no long-range counter for any people trying to snipe the convoy, so I gave him a regular long-range large calibre hunting rifle. Can't be illegal to have that now, can it?
Perfectly legal.

Are they domesticated? If so, is there a way a rustler might be able to start his own Herd?

Are there any dangerous predators on Mars? And there are also regular cows, right? I mean some people ordered milk after all. Unless it is some other type of milk like Goat.
capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

Last edited:
Are there any dangerous predators on Mars? And there are also regular cows, right? I mean some people ordered milk after all. Unless it is some other type of milk like Goat.
capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS
The Khodai themselves are pretty dangerous predators, but aside from them, the space bison are very hard to wrangle, and have been known to cause death by trampling.
Earth cows are kept in Greenhouses, if only because they are some of the only places that can sustain them, what with plants and hospitable pressure.

Ok, thanks. I should have figured, space Bison are like regular Bison. Doesn't sound very appealing to try and herd. It's more likely that cows are kept in factory farms. Can't really afford the space needed to give them a proper pasture. They'll be fed factory food too. We don't have any people arguing for humane treatment of animals here. Unless they want to keep paying for the expense of running a large atmosphere generator and feeding them proper grass.

We could try genetic engineering to make the Bison manageable, or maybe lobotomy.

Ok, thanks. I should have figured, space Bison are like regular Bison. Doesn't sound very appealing to try and herd. It's more likely that cows are kept in factory farms. Can't really afford the space needed to give them a proper pasture. They'll be fed factory food too. We don't have any people arguing for humane treatment of animals here. Unless they want to keep paying for the expense of running a large atmosphere generator and feeding them proper grass.
We could try genetic engineering to make the Bison manageable, or maybe lobotomy.
Possibly, but let's not delve too deep into that right now.
Greenhouses are large enough to where they could serve as basically grass factories if you worked them hard enough. Theoretically, cows could live in them, too.

What about creepy crawlies? Any insects of note or other small creatures?
The Khodai themselves are basically giant insects. Aside from them, Mars is pretty barren of creepy crawlies, aside from the few that humans have brought with them.

Sorry cap but you've got two very large creatures sustained off of very little plant life and no other supporting creatures. Dang, no wonder Mars is so barren, the Environment has no small critters. You sure it doesn't have any? Even ones that aren't very important so far as we are concerned? Also I'm not sure if there are many creepy crawlies from Earth that can survive the cold. Also yah, we don't really need to deal with taming the wildlife yet.

Sorry cap but you've got two very large creatures sustained off of very little plant life and no other supporting creatures. Dang, no wonder Mars is so barren, the Environment has no small critters. You sure it doesn't have any? Even ones that aren't very important so far as we are concerned? Also I'm not sure if there are many creepy crawlies from Earth that can survive the cold. Also yah, we don't really need to deal with taming the wildlife yet.
You raise some good concerns. Let me sleep on it, and I'll get back to you tomorrow and address them. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back