The Friendly Fire Pub -OPEN

Lawton stood, offering his hand to Babs, "Well let's go. And also you gonna give me your name tonight or do I have to bug you until you crack?"" He said a little laugh, walking with her to the resturant, picking a corner booth, he sat at one end and finished off his drink. "If you don't I warn you I can makes Babs the most annoying nickname on the planet." He said, a mock-menacing tone in his voice. @BrainyGrrrrl

She laughed, taking a seat opposite him in the booth.  "It's Barbara Gordon.  And HEY!  Don't make fun of my nickname!  I think 'Babs' is cute!"  She made a funny face at him.  "So, what do they call you, huh?  'The Law'?  I am THE LAAAAW!" she mimicked in a mocking Sylvester Stallone voice.

@LoneSniper87

Last edited by a moderator:
Floyd laughed, "I'm sure you think this is much better, ya?" He said in a pretty good Arnold Schwarzneggar voice. "But the law? What am I to you, a rocket?" He said. At the mention of her actual name his features lit up with recognition. "It makes sense now... How you play both sides of the law, your father, The Commissioner, really instilled a sense of justice in you, eh?" He said, taking another sip of whiskey. "Well Barbara, what do you see in me, the actual person and not Deadshot?" He was curious how she saw him now that they actually talked with each other and he wasn't trying to kill her. @BrainyGrrrrl

"Your Arrrrnuld sucks," she teased him.  At the mention of her father, her face tightened and she looked down.  "Actually...it was my mother."  She was quiet for a moment...then looked up, all smiles once again, seizing on Floyd's opportunity to change the subject.  "What do I see in you, Floyd Lawton?"  She gave him a sideways glance.  "Lemme see...well, for starters, you're a terrible gambler!  Like, really awful!  You should just set your money on fire.  At least then, you'd get some use out of it.  Ya know, like warmth."  She smirked at him.  But then she turned serious, studying him closely.  "I see someone who's been through a lot.  Who's seen more tragedy, had more tragedy in his life than any one person deserves.  Had to do things maybe he's not too proud of.  But," she reached out and held his hands in hers, "I also see a good man trying his hardest to do the right thing."

@LoneSniper87

"Alright you know what that guy got lucky!" He said with a grin, "Usually I'm a much better card player than that!" He smiled warmly, but then his face darkened at her mention of his tragedys, "You are very right..." He said solemnly, the memories of him shooting his own brother flashing back, the wave daunting and insurmountable, about to hit... Then it vanished. He realized he wasn't alone, he didn't have to suffer that past alone. "I wanna see you play some cards, if you think I'm so bad." He said, taking out a $100 in $20s and handed it over, "After dinner thats your buy-in, got it?" He said, smirking at the thought of his next quip. "Let's just hope your gambling skill is better than your Stallone impressions." @BrainyGrrrrl

"Ho ho ho, my Stallone impression is Awwwsomme and you know it!"  She snatched the bills out of his hands.  "You're on, buster!  I have eidetic memory.  Know what that means?  Means I can count cards like nobody's business."  She cocked an eyebrow.  Grinned crookedly.  "What?  Did you think crimefighting was my only superpower?"  She had a thought.  "Now...how about me make this interesting?  Have ourselves a little side bet?  If I double your money, you have to do whatever I tell you.  And if I lose, which I won't, I have to do anything you want."  She gave him a sly look.  "Anything.  Do we have a deal?"  She starred at him with her brown eyes, taunting, mischievous, before looking down at her menu.  "I'm hungry.  I'm having the lobster."

@LoneSniper87

Harley watched Babs sat down with Desktop, 'Yuuuuuuuck, so gross'  Watching them reminded of Babs and Ivy earlier.
She turned to Red, remembering her little scene with Babs. "Hey Red why did ya kiss her huh?" She demanded crossing her arms.
Don't think she would forget they kissed before!! 

@ByTheChesapeake

Ivy

Once the fight was over and Babs started talking to Joker, Ivy had lost interest.  No one needed a lawyer, and the woman just wouldn't give up.  It was monotonous and she had had enough.  She walked back over to the bar and ordered another chardonnay.  She had just gotten her drink when she heard Harley start to talk to her.

She looked over at Harley, a small smile creeping on her face.  She was so cute when she was mad.  "I didn't, actually.  She wanted me to make you jealous, and I told her to get lost.  I just wanted to mess with her first."  She took a sip of her drink.  "Believe me, though, I wanted to kiss her, but probably not for the reasons you think." 

@HarleyPuddin

Harley gave her a suspicious look. 'Make me jealous pffft, yeah right.' She leaned close to Ivy scanning her face, eh she was probably telling the truth.

"I wasn't jealous Red, just didn't want ya getting with no goody two shoes, that's all" She looked away from Ivy and ordered another drink.

"Why would I be jealous?" She glanced over at Red pretending not to be bothered by the almost kiss. "I don't care if ya kiss someone..." 

Ivy

The smile on Ivy's face got a bit softer.  "I believe you."  She looked into her drink, swirling the wine around in the glass.  "In the time that you've known me, Harls, you've seen me kiss a lot of people.  I don't think you've gotten jealous once."  Then again, watching a lifeless body fall to the floor afterwards was probably a bit of a turn off.  The question was: what made this time any different?

@HarleyPuddin  

Harley took a big drink of her cocktail when she got it, starting feel the effects a little after her ...what was if third or forth drink. 

"Well gee Red all a those guys you were mind controlling or even killing!" She pet the hyenas that her gathered underneath her feet. 

"Unless ya were planning on killin' her, I wouldn't have a complaint."

Ivy

She smiled a cheeky smile, swirling her wine as she talked, "Well, I mean, I probably wouldn't have killed her.  I would have just kissed her, got her under my spell.  I would take her back to my place and then have Lavender and Ferris finish her off."  She shrugged.  "I guess they'll just have to deal with eating the bats in the warehouse for a little while longer." 

She took another swig of her drink.  She had become such a heavy weight since she gained the power to rid her body of toxins.  She found she could get tipsy, but it was a long and arduous process to get to that point.  Normally it wasn't worth it, but after tonight, she was definitely going to try.  "Though, I didn't want anything to do with her when I realized what she was tying to do.  I'm sure she would have left a bitter taste in their mouths."

@HarleyPuddin

Harley downed the rest of her drink while listening to Ivy. "Hit me with another one Jeeves!" She demanded slamming her glass down on the table. 

"Wait wait wait a minute" 'Soo Ivy was gonna kiss her, I can read inbetween the lines here' She wasn't really paying much attention to what Ivy was actually saying. 

Harley eyed Ivy up and down "Soooo ya were gonna kiss her?!" She poked Ivy's chest leaning slightly closer.  "How do ya know what she tastes like?" Referring to how Babs would of tasted to the plants. Feeding them Bats ? Yuck poor plants. 

@ByTheChesapeake

"You got yourself a deal." Floyd said with a challenging tone and eyes to match. "This'll be fun..." He flicked up the menu, scanning it's contents, "Oooooh... Salmon sounds pretty nice, no?" He said, putting dowm the menu.

Ivy

She took another swig of her drink, her eyebrows raising when the clownette poked her chest.  "It was just an assumption, dear."  She smiled at her friend, "And, I might have, but really that all depended on another much more important factor." 

@HarleyPuddin

Ivy

The plant woman didn't say anything, instead she placed her glass down on the bar.  She leaned over, planting a kiss on Harley's cheek.  When she pulled back, she gave a small smile.  "I should be going, sweetie."  She looked over to Joker and then back at Harley.  "Try not to get into too much trouble while I'm gone."  

@HarleyPuddin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back