The Friendly Fire Pub -OPEN

Harley kept choking Babs for a little while longer then got up, brushing herself off and pulling down her dress, which may have come up during the fight. A heel had also snapped off her shoe. "That'll teach ya-" She was interupted by Lawton shouting, she cackled and the crowd booed him.
"Jeez, its just a lil blood" She staggered over to him covered in bruises and blood, she looked back at Babs. "Whatsa matta, that your bimbo?" Harley jabbed his shoulder, grinning up at him. 

@LoneSniper87 @BrainyGrrrrl @ManyFaces @ByTheChesapeake

Lawton glares at Harley, not amused. "I'm sure you know you could get kicked out from this, wonderful establishment if this goes too far, right? I THINK YOUR DAMN HYENAS ARE TOO FAR, HARLEY!" He yelled, pushing her back hard enough to make her stumble. He glanced at Batgirl, "Come here. Now." He said, acting pissed at her, and he really was pissed at the situation. 

Ivy

Ivy watched as Harley beat the living daylights out of this lawyer.  She smiled as her friend repeatedly got the best of the lawyer.  That was her Harley.  The girl could be pretty scrappy when duty called.  Of course, her daydream sort of fizzled when she heard the Joker make a comment from the crowd.  She glanced over at him for a moment.  Her face fell, and her eyes went back to the fight.  Then, Lawton just had to intervene.  Though she wouldn't have minded if her best friend just offed Babs right then and there, in the end it was probably best that they didn't get permanently banned from the club.

Ivy would have been more grateful had Lawton not pushed her.  She walked straight up to him.  "Don't touch her!  Who the hell do you think you are?!"

@LoneSniper87 @HarleyPuddin

Lawton looked at Ivy, his stern gaze like daggers. "The one stopping your friend from being banned from here over some prissy bitch." He said, not moving. "Is there a problem with that?"

"Hey my babies were just protecting me" Harley stumbled back almost tripping but she caught herself. 
A bigger grin grew on her face, ooh he was gonna get it now. "Awwwh touchy ain't we Desktop"  Harley giggled, she was about to say something else when she heard Ivy.
"Ooo this is getting intersting huh?"  What fun, maybe even a whole bar fight would break out! Harley glanced over at the Joker, expecting him to have stepped in by now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prissy bitch?  That's the first thing she heard when she came to.  "Uhhhh..."  She wasn't aware how long she had been sprawled on the ground, choked out.  But her body ached all over and her leg hurt like hell.  Groaning, she managed to bend her head slightly so she could take a look at it.  It looked ugly.  The blood hadn't fully coagulated yet so she hadn't been out for long.  Maybe a few minutes tops.  It sounded like some sort of argument happening.  Lots of yelling.

"Is that...Lawton?"  She cracked her sore eyes open further.  "Uhhh...what is that idiot doing?!"  She needed him to maintain a low profile, stay in the background and back her up, while she drew all the attention.  But now that knuckledragger was ruining everything!  She had to think fast.  She managed to finally get to her feet.  Then she saw it.  A heavy brass stanchion.  She unclipped the red velvet rope attached to it and hefted the heavy metal pole.  The weight of it almost unbalanced her but she managed to stay upright.

She had to hurry!  Harley was already getting into it with him.  It would be just a matter of moments before the Joker stepped in to defend his main squeeze.  Now.   While everyone was ignoring her.  She dragged herself behind Lawton, raised the stanchion and brought it smashing down on his head!  The base plate impacting like a $#@#ing anvil!  Nothing this side of Killer Shark would be able to stay conscious after a blow like that.

"I knew I couldn't trust that $#@$er!  Know who that is?  That's Floyd Lawton.  Deadshot!  I bailed that little %$#@ out.  Supposed to guard my back!  But he's Batgirl's bitch now!  Gone soft.  Knew he'd never go along with this!  So...what more do I have to do to prove to you $%#@ers that I want in?"  She dropped the stanchion and it fell with a heavy 'CLUNK' to the carpet.  "And could someone PLEASE get me a #$#@ing bandage for my god$#@% leg before I bleed to death here!!!"

@ManyFaces @LoneSniper87 @ByTheChesapeake @HarleyPuddin

Lawton felt the stanchion his the back of his head, hard. He fell forward, his vision darkening, but due to its lack of,

surface area he didnt black out the instant he was hit. He hit the ground, pain surging through everywhere, he let out a groan of pain, trying to get up and failing, his vision darkening as he hit the ground again. "You... Fucker..." He murmured. He felt the back of his head, the impact area slick with blood, he rolled onto his back, stars of pain shooting across his head. His head fell back frim the effort and he finally blacked out, bleeding from a long slash from the stanchion. @ByTheChesapeake @BrainyGrrrrl @HarleyPuddin @ManyFaces

Joker was quite ready to tear Lawton a new one after he insulted Harley . The only one who got to verbally abuse Harley was him. He decided to go by Harley's side and confront the guy himself. Only for Gordon's girl to knock him out cold with a stanchion. But he wasn't quite satisfied, he approached Lawton's unconscious body and poured his drink on the unconscious assassin's head. He smirked and returned to Harley's side and wrapped his arm around her shoulder "I still think you did a good job Harl and the hyenas were a nice touch!" He ruffled Harley's hair and smiled. Now he watched as they both bled on the ground, he shook his head and tsked. He wouldn't add on to their torment to avoid being thrown out, he'd let the staff do their work while he got his cash for Harley basically winning her fight.

The circle was loosening up as medics pushed through to help. The janitors came as well to clean and the guards stopped the crowd from making things worse. They looked at the mess made by the fight and sighed, this seemed like a bad fight. They worked on Barb first seeing as she was bleeding alot "Ma'am is anything broken?" one of the nurses asked sweetly.

@HarleyPuddin @BrainyGrrrrl @LoneSniper87 (I don't know why it does this)

"Does it look like anything's broken, you candya$$ed piece of sh*t!!!"  She snatched the roll of gauze out of the girl's hand and shoved her face.  She spat at another one of the nurses.  "So, you're just gonna kick Deadshot out of here?!  What?  Throw him to the curb with a stern warning?  $%#@ THAT!!!  He's got...entertainment value.  I'm sure that your boss appreciates that.  Get some rope and tie him up and throw him in a closet!  You do have closets I'm assuming," she added sarcastically.  "And I want to meet your boss.  The mystery man that runs this place.  Make it happen and get back to me."  She dismissed the candystriper.  Finished wrapping up her leg.  Fixed her eyes on Ivy and Harl.  Smirked.  "Well, whattaya say?  Do I get a spot on your team now?  Trust me, you won't be sorry.  I'll do anything you want.  Consider me your own personal Cinderella to kick around."

@ByTheChesapeake @HarleyPuddin @LoneSniper87 @ManyFaces

Harley laughed as she watched the whole scene with Babs and Deadshot. Then stopped as the Joker came over watching his every action, squealing with delight as he put his arm round her. 'Yes! He was proud of her, so worth getting blood on this dress.' 
She leant into him and listened to Babs babble on, she looked visibly bored with her proposal. 'Oooo~! Heres a fun idea.'  
"Mistah J~"  Harley stood on her tip toes, placing a hand on his shoulder and purred in his ear. "Whaddya say? We need a lawyer?" She shot Babs a devilish look. "Or howzabout we give the commish a visit?"  Harley gazed up at him eagerly waiting for a response.

@BrainyGrrrrl @ManyFaces @ByTheChesapeake @LoneSniper87

Ivy

She narrowed her eyes at Babs after she took Deadshot down.  She watched as she went on and on and just being completely rude in general.  Wow.  She gave the woman a judging look, scanning her up and down while she was having her melt down.  She didn't bother answering her question about whether she was in or not.  That didn't need to be said.  The only thing Ivy said was: "You are completely insane."

She didn't want to acknowledge the Joker, but it got to the point where he actually started to make himself known.  She looked over to Harley and him, arms still crossed.  This whole situation was so dumb. 

@BrainyGrrrrl @ManyFaces @HarleyPuddin

"Damnit"  Neither of them was buying her act!  And what was even worse, Harl was walking back to the idea of paying her father a visit!  She would die before she'd let that happen.  She had to come up with something!  Yes!  She had it!  It might not work but she had to try.  It was her last shot.  "Listen," she started calmly, looking at Ivy but including Harl in the conversation.  "If he's here," she pointed at Lawton, "that means that Batgirl's here as well.  Probably undercover as one of the guests.  No offense, but your track record against her isn't exactly stellar.  But I've worked with her in the past.  I know how she thinks.  How she operates.  I can help you set a trap for her.  Isn't that worth giving me a chance?  At least for the moment.  Look.  Lawton's gonna wake up any minute.  So, you have to decide now."

While she was waiting for their response, one of the bar employees walked over, heavily laden with coiled ropes.  "Hey, let me do that," she insisted, taking the ropes from the young man.  She turned Lawton over on his stomach.  Crossed his hands behind his back and cinched the cords around them tight.  For good measure, she took an extra long length of rope and pinioned his upper arms.  She finished by tying his feet together.

@ByTheChesapeake @HarleyPuddin @ManyFaces @LoneSniper87

"The hell lady that ain't no people rope anyway I was gonna block the area off" The guard said shooting Babs a glare as he walked away to get more rope to block off the area for cleaning. The nurse squeaked when Babs snatched the gauze from her and glared at her words "To think that the commissioner's kid would turn against one of the good guys... Ya make me sick and that's coming from someone who works in a bar full of creeps!" The nurse said her tiny frame shaking in anger and fear. She said no more and started treating Lawton's facial gash despite his bondage. The other nurse wiped off her face to treat Harley, of course she was pretty frightened but she put on a brave face "N-now miss uhh where does it hurt worst I uhh should start treating there." She said choosing her words carefully. The janitors all went to work cleaning the blood up from the fight they all wore a similar expression of carelessness. One particularly buff guard walked up to Babs with a cigar in his mouth "Listen here girly nobody sees Mr. Patuzi unless he want them to see him kapeesh especially if that someone wants to have a bat snooping around!" The man said purposely puffing smoke in her face. The bets having been proven had the crowd grumbling or cheering for their winning or their enjoyable experience.

Joker had a grin of victory spread across his face as he gladly snatched the money from the people who bet against him. He could hear Babs still babbling and shouting. Not only did he not trust her but he felt as though she was trying too hard to impress, acting out for approval. He didn't know what use he would have for a lawyer when she failed to even bust Harley. But he though he could have some fun with this still. He left Harley to get her treatment and praised the hyenas for a job well done. He walked towards Babs and began circling her slowly like a predator closing in on prey, "What insurance do we get thst you won't turn on us I personally doubt someone like you would fight with someone considered a law..." Joker said never having his gaze drift from Babs.

@BrainyGrrrrl @HarleyPuddin 

Lawton wakes up, his head drowning in pain when he opens his eyes, but quickly subsides to a dull throb in the back of his head. He sits up and feels his head was bandages up, it wrapping around his neck. "Thanks..." He grumbled to the nurse, his tone friendly enough. He stood and leaned against the table, despite being bound, listening to Batgirl practically go mental. He tried cutting his arms loose against the tables, to no effect. He grabbed for his knife, and slowly cut the rope to the point he could break it himself. He breaks the ropes, quickly reaching down to cut his legs free. Once that was done he pocketed the knife, and watched the scene unfold.

"Hey, Pasty-Cake, " she snarled at the Joker, "I didn't say anything about fighting.  That's what I got you for.  My role is strictly advisory.  I tell ya what I know about the Bats and you're the one that acts on it. You want Insurance?  Are you serious?  Because I can never tell with you.  What's the matter, Jokey-Wokey too much of a baby to take a chance," she mocked him in a cooing voice.

She glanced over and saw that Lawton not only had woken up but had decided to cut himself free.  "Terrific.  Another headache."  Of course she knew about the knife.  Had found it while she was tying him up.  But she had left it, assuming that he would use it when the time was right."  Which it definitely wasn't at the moment.  She wondered what he would do.  She just hoped it wasn't something stupid.

She turned back to the clown prince.  "So, do I get the job or what?"

@ManyFaces @LoneSniper87 @HarleyPuddin @ByTheChesapeake

Lawton ordered another drink to help ease the pain from the gash in the back of his head. He listened to the Batgirl talk, quickly losing interest and heading over to a Blackjack table, deciding to leave them be for the moment. He set down $150 as his buy-in, then sat the table looking at the two cards he was dealt. 'Ace and 7' he thought to himself with a grin. Easy win for him. "Hit." He said to the dealer, who handed him a card, which Lawton found to be a 2 of clubs. "Stand." He said, leaving his 3 cards alone. Some of the drunks folded and left the table, while others raised the bet. Lawton raised his bet to match thiers and smiled, 'Just me, you, and dealer.' He thought, slyly grinning at the other man, who had 20. Which was the same as Lawton. Dealer had 19. Dealer handed each of them a card, "Lowest one wins" She said. Both men flicked thier cards up, the other guy winning the near $1500 dollar pot. "Damn..." Lawton grumbled, getting up to head to the slot machines, thinking he'd have better luck there.

At this point Joker was torn between laughing at her until his sides hurt or trying to tie this up, if he couldn't get a good laugh out of this and he couldn't rip the girl to ribbons he would have to wait for a different chance. He inhaled deeply and tried to ignore Babs tough guy act. "If this is supposed to be a joke it isn't funny... I mean do you really expect anyone to trust daddy's little girl hehehehehahahahaa!" He laughed but stopped himself abruptly, his eyes locked on to Babs "If you know what's good for you you'll stop sucking the fun out of the room, stop being such a try hard, and find someone who needs your service since I already have my own crew and my eyes are set on the bigger fish okay? Okay, good!" He said making the last part sound cool and condescending. Joker just smiled feeling as though he made his point. He would mutter kids these days but he saw no use in saying no anymore.

@BrainyGrrrrl

Harley let the nurses sort out the injuries and the blood, but she was more interested watching the Joker, smiling smugly as the Joker told Babs to stuff it basically. 
"Hey Baaaaaabs, if Bratgirl really is here, why aint she stepped in already?" Harley blew a raspberry at Babs and placing her hands on her hips. 'I knew Mistah J wouldn't fall fer that good girl schtick, who needs a lawyer anyway.' 

@BrainyGrrrrl @ManyFaces 

She had blown it.  And she knew it.  There was no use continuing.  If she persisted, all it would get her is tortured and killed.  And she wasn't about to give that monster the satisfaction.  She didn't say a word, just eyed him coldly.  Took Harley's juvenile abuse, doing nothing.  Then she simply walked off.  Hobbled her way over to the bar.  "%$#@!!!"  Letting herself get bitten by that $%#@ing hyena!  "STUPID, BABS!  REAL STUPID!"  Angrily, she stomped down on her wounded leg.  Let the pain wash over her.  Drown out her frustration.  Feeling a little better, she pulled out a bar stool.  Sat down.

How had things gone so colossally wrong?!  How could she have misread things so badly?!  It seemed at every turn, the situation had gone sideways!  Her attempt to worm herself into Ivy and Harl's little cliche had been an abysmal failure.  All she had gotten for her troubles was a beatdown and the chance to be used as a chew toy for a snarling hyena!  The Ivy-proof lipstick and anti-pheromone pills she had taken were all for nothing.  And even worse, she had alienated Floyd.  Even though he could be a colossal jerk sometimes, he meant well.  Was genuinely trying to help her.  And what did he get for his troubles.  Yelled at, having a drink thrown in his face, knocked out and tied up.  And she might have even given him brain damage with that clock over the head!  I mean, what kind of man gets knocked out, tied up.  Frees himself and THEN goes over to play cards.  AND LOSES!!!  "Yep, brain damage for sure."  Babs could see him now, naked and lying in the middle of the street.  Without the slightest clue on how he got there.  "Yeahhh...I don't need that on my conscience."

She thought about talking to him, asking him if he was alright.  "No, I've messed up his life enough as it is."  She took off her silver heron, her hidden mic, and dumped it in a half-filled glass of whiskey left behind at the bar.  Plopped her earpiece next.  "Ginger ale," she told the bartender.  He brought her drink.  Also her clutch which he had been holding for safekeeping during the fight.  She thanked him.  Folded her arms on the bar and buried her head.  Lifted it up only to take a sip of her ginger ale.  She was so tired of it all.  She buried her head again in her arms.  At least sitting here, minding her own business, nothing else could go wrong.

@ManyFaces @LoneSniper87 @ByTheChesapeake @HarleyPuddin

Lawton stood from his machine, not even doing a try at it and walked over to the seemingly depressed Barb, "hey... You ok?" He asked, setting an arm gently across her shoulders trying to calm her. "Sorry if I screwed over your chances. I just couldn't stand watching that bitch Harley beat you to a pulp and you being able to do jack to keep a cover." He took another sip of the half-empty whiskey cup. "Well what's the plan now Babs?" He said, picking up on Harley saying it like she was a goat, and hoped it wouldn't piss her off.

She smiled when he called her 'Baaaaabs'.  "What are you doing here?" she teased him.  "I thought you were losing your shirt at the slots."  She was really touched by his concern for her.  She brushed his hand ever so slightly.  "Thank you," she told him, looking deep into his eyes.  A plan?  She thought it over.  They didn't have too many options still available to them.  Because of her.  No, she couldn't keep beating herself up.  That was self-defeating.  She looked at him again.  Smiled.  "I don't know yet.  Let's just sit here for a bit, okay?"  She glanced at his half-empty glass.  "Can I buy you another drink.  I promise I won't throw it in your face this time."  She gave him a teasing, playful little smirk.

@LoneSniper87

Lawton smiled, "I'll be fine. And I gave up on the slots for the time being. I think I should be the one offering you a drink." He said as he took his arm off of her. He looked at her eyes, "How many times someone told you have wonderful eyes?" He asked, a flirtacious tone creeping up his voice. 'How fast things change...' He thought to himself.

When he mentioned how wonderful her eyes were, she just melted.  Turned all warm and soft inside.  She patted the empty bar stool next to her.  Nuzzled up to him when he sat down.  "You're such a charmer, aren't you, Floyd Lawton?  Thanks for the drink but I'm fine."  Pointed at the ginger ale.  "Besides, took a pill.  Alcohol has no effect on me for the next 12 hours."  She stared at him coyly.  "Pity, isn't it?  I would take you up on your offer to dance," she smirked, knowing full well that he hadn't made the offer...yet.  "But," she looked at her injured leg, "seems that isn't in the cards either.  So, I guess we're just stuck sitting here, just you and me.  Whatever will we do?" she wondered in a teasing voice.

@LoneSniper87

Lawton took the offered seat, "Well you get to say you spent the night the world's deadliest assassin, I may have changed but I'm keeping the title." He said with a grin. "I don't dance anyway, so this works out. And I mean we could always take a drive, maybe see the Gotham nightlife? I got a buddy who works at this nice resturant, he could hook us with a table for two, maybe even one with a nice view, how's it sound?" He said with a playful smirk, wrapping his arm around Babs' shoulders once more.

She welcomed his embrace, snuggled into it.  "That sounds nice.  But we're still on the clock.  I haven't given up on getting to the bottom of this place.  After all," she winked, "what kind of crimefighter would I be if I did?"  She reached into her clutch for a new silver heron and earpiece.  The ones currently soaking in the whiskey glass were ruined.  Re-clipped the heron to her shoulder strap.  "I'll take a rain check on that dinner date,  Floyd.  It actually sounds...nice.  But for now, how about we just eat here.  I hear there's a pretty good restaurant on the third floor.  We can eat and come up with a new game plan."

@LoneSniper87

Users who are viewing this thread

Back