• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ✿ The Flower We Saw That Day ✿

Otakaboo Chichan

You could be the corpse and I could be the killer
Silent, serene snow. The lamp posts dimly lit the ground. The air smelled of firewood.

* ding ding *

“Meet me at the clubhouse, 11 sharp.”

Who...?

“Come on, come on, hurry up!”

“I’m coming!”

“Last one there’s a rotten egg!”

“Wait up!”

“I don’t wanna be a rotten egg!”

And the last one just smiled as she struggled to keep up.

Six children. They were young, innocent. They enjoyed their days together. They acted out made-up missions, played tag and hide and seek, and spent long hours hanging in their clubhouse. That is, until...

GIRL FOUND DEAD IN RIVER

At 10:38 pm on Friday night, nine year old Menma Kasaki was found dead against the bank of Eastwind River. Little has been released to the public as of yet, but it is theorized that Kasaki was playing near the river when she tripped and tumbled down the hill, causing her to fall into the river. High speeds swept her away, leading to her eventual drowning.

40230bb9.jpg

Menma. Menma was dead.

The children cried. They blamed each other. They blamed themselves.

They grew apart.

How many years had passed...? So many. The “friends” no longer talked. They no longer knew who each other were. Every so once in awhile, one would run into the other... They would act as if they were strangers.

It was a dark night. The time ticked away as the ground became hidden by a white sea of snow.

It was the anniversary of her death.

* ding ding *

Each of the five remaining friends glanced at their phones. They read the text they’d received from an unknown number.

720-374-1254
them
Meet me at the clubhouse, 11 sharp

I'll leave off there. If there's any interest, I'll add pictures and maybe add some details...? I don't know, so please give opinions! As you may or may not have noticed just from the title, this is loosely based of the manga and anime Anohana. However, I've taken the supernatural part out and I made it Winter rather than Summer. I want this to have a darker feel than the anime, so I was thinking the characters could all harbor some "deep dark secret"? It's been a while, and they were all effected, so I imagine personalities changed and mistakes were made... The characters would be about 16-17. I was also thinking that appearances would be realistic, as oppose to anime. There'll probably only be five characters, including my own. Probably.

The first section here would be the preview; The rest would be the overview.

Will probably change the title; Need thoughts on what to change it to.

What would be accurate onomatopoeia for a phone getting a text?

Thanks!

I think as accurate an onomatopoeia as possible would depend on the type of phone and whether it's on sound or vibrate. Ping or Bzzzt?

either way this is super interesting!

WE GOT OUR FIRST

and second??

Anyhow, I just realized how broken the newspaper is. I hate that code but I don't know how else to get that same effect-

@Dru Yeah, I kind of struggled with the concept of which sound to go with... Might go with the vibrate option, because at least that sound is always the same.

I forgot to change Menma's name- that was just a placeholder =n= Oh well, this is just a draft.

In other news, now that I know there's some interest, I'll start working on the final product.

This sounds kinda interesting. I have not seen the manga though, dose that matter? Or would it kinda help since you don't seem to want to do a fanfic thing. :)

Sarai said:
This sounds kinda interesting. I have not seen the manga though, dose that matter? Or would it kinda help since you don't seem to want to do a fanfic thing. :)
Having read the manga or seen the anime isn't a necessity. The roleplay is based off Anohana, but there are differences and it's real easy just to explain through text. Still, was a great anime, I'd recommend it.

[QUOTE="Otakaboo Chichan]Having read the manga or seen the anime isn't a necessity. The roleplay is based off Anohana, but there are differences and it's real easy just to explain through text. Still, was a great anime, I'd recommend it.

[/QUOTE]
Maybe I'll check it out some day... Don't really have the time right now sadly.

I'll join if theres an opening!!!~

Yaay, glad people are interested! In other news, I'll post the link to the actual rp page here as soon as I get it up- On that note, does anyone have any ideas for a title? It's not all that important but I'd like it to be something not stupid haha. I like the current title, but I don't want to use it because it directly comes from the anime, and because it conflicts with the Winter theme-

wow haha okay, I wanted this to be a smaller group so I'm not sure what to think of so many interested people-

Anyhow, the official thread has been created! Detailed - ❅ Memories of Menma ❅

It might be a day or two before everything is filled out, but I'll try my best not to take too long. I accidentally booked myself a little tightly writing-wise, I have a deadline on the 15th and another on the 19th and I haven't even began writing for either of them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back