• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Flight

Whisker

Damnation Dignified
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
In this rp, you are a member of the army of a defeated nation. The war has just ended and your comrades are either enslaved or slain in battle and left to rot. Your only option is to flee and band together with other survivors in order to escape before the same happens to you.

Of course, enemy soldiers are not the only thing you have to worry about. Starvation, hypothermia, and wild animals are also a threat to your safety as you try to return home. And even if that doesn't scare you, there are rumors of a monsterous thing that is drawn to the fields of decay and battle ... just waiting for its chance to strike at the dead and survivors alike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi yall. I've been really craving an rp like this for some time. I was wondering if there was any like-minded people who would be up for a combat/survival/adventure of this nature as well. As you can see, I have the bare bones of a plot down and I am always willing to take suggestions for more horrors to befall our characters as they escape the tide of war.

Note: I was also thinking of doing this rp with civilians instead of soldiers (as inspired by TWOM). Let me know which one of these you would like to do.

@FlawlezFalcon Yeah, I have always wanted to do one of these kinds of roleplays for a long time. Basically since This War of Mine came out last year. I wasnt able to with my friends so I thought about starting it here and making it a small group rp of either soldiers or civilians.

Potentially interested, depends if it's casual or detailed.

as for the horrors: deterioration of moral values? paranoia (that kind innkeeper could've snuck a few sleeping potions in the pork roast...)?

edited~

@snowy raven

Absolutely. I can imagine that the group would slowly become desensitized to violence and be especially paranoid that all is not as it seems.

And I'm leaning more towards the happy medium between the two.

I dont like telling people what they can and cannot write if they really have muse for it. Just be considerate to others and keep it reasonable.

@Whisker

Possibly, but unsure. I like my ideas a bit more worked out before I decide. I'll keep an eye out, though. Any kind of character restrictions?

@The Mythic Dragon

If we come to a conclusion about whether soldiers or citizens will be the focus of that rp then that is what will occur. No exceptions.

If we do soldiers:

I plan to allow some upper difficulty skills and abilities right off the bat. You had to have been good to make it that far. It will also help given that I only plan to allow a small group of around five to participate.

If we do citizens:

It will mainly be restricted to lower level tiers. Not everyone is a talented warrior or spellcaster just waiting to bloom. This will mainly be a battle of wits and teamwork than outright fighting (but there will definitely be some fights).

As for races themselves, I could use some advice on that.

Humans are a given, of course, but does anyone else have some ideas for races they would like to see incorporated?

@Whisker

I'd honestly like to play a half-elven (or other half-breed) teenager who has loving parents, and (hopefully) a lover who is travelling with him, but other than them, (and maybe the other PCs) he's always been an outcast, beaten and despised. But despite all that, he's kind, and always wishes to help others.

@The Mythic Dragon

Elves can be done for sure. I was thinking of also a kind of canid race, sprites, shape shifters & mages, and possibly even a kind of water race if I can incorporate it right.

@The Mythic Dragon

The rest of the concept sounds fine for a mage type character on either side.

And Im thinking a water nymph might be a good choice for the water race.

As for monsters: Werewolves, trolls, ogres, undead, wargs, and even plague carrying rats are allowed.

The main threat to us will be the victorious enemy soldiers and raiders we will encounter ... but the latter will be huge problems if we wander away from the roads and into uncharted territory.

I'll make it now.

First we need to wait until we get at least five people though. I want to take a vote of everyone interested in joining as to whether we play soldiers fleeing a defeat from the battlefield or civilians whose town at the far flung end of the empire has been razed and butchered.

@Whisker I'd rather be just a traveller with my lover, if I could. That means that I would somehow get swept along with the group in some way, no matter soldiers or civilians. Is that alright?

Also, would you play my lover, or would I need to?

@The Mythic Dragon

I don't know. Im not a fan of doubling. I'd prefer not to do so as a result as I already have my own kind of character in mind.

I'll think about it though.

@Whisker I could play both, no problem (Unless I misunderstood what you meant by "doubling")

And what about the other part? The one about being a traveller?

@The Mythic Dragon

I am not sure about that part. It'd be perfectly fine for the civilians ... but I am kind of leery about allowing it if we do soldiers.

Haha, looks like the group is all here.

Yes, you can join. Ill be putting up the char sheets and working on lore stuff today.

@The Mythic Dragon @snowy raven @FlawlezFalcon

Just make sure yall vote on soldiers or civilians or I'll have to guess based on characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back