• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Five Kingdoms - The Fall of Sarthenfall - Ic

What do you want for Sarthenfall Ch. 2?

• 2nd generation!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I’m not ready to let go of my original OC just yet... (stick with current characters)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Bitch I ain’t sticking around for Ch. 2 HA

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • And...I want a female antagonist this time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • And...I want another male antagonist

• BOOOOOTH! LETS HAVE 2

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Prequel about the original five hero’s!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Just...no. No Sarthenfall 2. This is just awful.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Princess Aurelie Beauchamp of Aubigine
Dorothy Pratt.gif
Aurelie nodded at Aria's words. Still, she was scared. She had been raised to have no confidence in herself, to listen to her advisers, and to never make any decisions without their council. She had been raised to never think for herself. And now that she finally had to, she had never been so lost before.

Once Aria was gone, Aurelie set to getting dressed. She decided that the navy dress would be better to wear than the red one. It was a bit more understated than the red one. The red one was a bit too bright. The navy one had a looser skirt, as well. It still had a bit of a full skirt, but there weren't plenty of underskirts like many of her other dresses had. The bodice of the dress was fitted. It was navy with a faux white blouse and a few gold buttons. There was fox fur lining the collar of her dress, as well as the sleeves. It certainly wasn't as flashy as the dress she had on the day before. Aurelie had worn it to an official ceremony only a few months ago, with a large, matching hat. Thankfully, Madame Becu hadn't packed the hat. It would have taken up too much space in Aurelie's trunk, as well as called more attention to her.

It had taken her about eight minutes to get the dress on. Once she had dressed, she ran a brush through her hair. She wouldn't have time to fix her hair up in the way that she normally did. She let her hair fall down her back in a curtain of strawberry blonde curls.

Aurelie took a deep breath and walked down the stairs. Her eyes were focused on the floor. She still felt out of place and terrified. She didn't know what her future held and she wasn't ready to find out just yet.

FrostFire FrostFire

Raymond Callahan

tumblr_oumlsd0Epn1v85xo5o2_250.gif

Bang! A gun shot rang throughout the forest a bit south from where the man traveled the previous night. Raymond immediately shot up from his deep sleep before instinctively scanning the area with tired eyes, "Huh?" His head tilted a bit to the side as he paused to hear any commotion around the perimeter. It didn't surprise him that some aggressive voices could be heard debating a retreat from a long night's search for a stolen stallion. Right, still in proximity. Ray thought to himself before rubbing his face with two hands. Just two days ago, he traveled to Lorelthia to retrieve a few tech items for some tricks up his sleeve against the Shades. While on the journey, Raymond managed to find a few horses in the southern kingdom that were being abused. He decided to take one for its own well-being and his trip up north. Hence, the overnight search and escape.

Not too far off, the man could hear the sound of his horse snorting and trotting in place. It was probably worried sick about the whole situation despite the searchers' retreat. "Ah hide by the trees, Sport," Ray commented while partially pulling himself out of his camouflaged tent to glance at the black stallion. His eyes landed on the horse's branded chest before slowly moving up to its curious expression. "No permission needed, sir. Have at it," The man smirked standing himself up and having a nice stretch. After a brief neigh, his horse did as he was told leaving Ray laughing off to the side.

"I'm sure I'd be lost right about now if it weren't for ya," Raymond mentioned casually kicking over his stick-composed tent. Branches shattered all over the place not leaving any trace of his overnight civilization. Actually if it weren't for the horse, Ray probably would have already arrived at his next targeted destination . . the rebellion encampment. It was too bad Sport got a bit hungry during their trek and decided to bite off the way north. With a slight sigh, Raymond slowly moved a hand through his hair as he kicked the sticks a bit farther from one another.

He kept kicking his way deeper into the forest with the horse following him close by until he eventually saw The Pinefrost Inn. Arriving there was a miracle to him. About time! Raymond proudly thought to himself almost jogging up to the location, but stopping just short of the clearing. His brother, Baxter, had written to him about the inn. At this point he shouldn't be too far from where he was supposed to go. A stream of thoughts began to race through the guy's mind as he got closer and closer to the inn. Maybe he could even gain some assistance, advice, or loot depending on how his interactions would go. Without further thought, Raymond adjusted his coat sleeve with his right hand before revealing himself from behind the trees and stepping into the cleared area. It was actually a bit odd that there was quite a group of people huddled outside like no Shades were lurking around. "Pardon, anyone know their way north?" He questioned at a reasonable volume before unenthusiastically pulling out a horse-bitten map from his back pocket, " . . got a bit of a situation." Raymond had no intention whatsoever of sticking around the crowd since he had places to be and people to surprise. A simple hand gesture would be perfect.

ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Blackrose7 Blackrose7 . . people outside

Zedhryx

giphy.gif

"What is this?" The Shade Lord squinted his brown eyes as someone suddenly stopped hauling an animal across the palace fascade. Even if animals supplied no sort of drama, they were very interesting for him to study. One moment humans would treat animals like their own, the next they would digest them with no regrets. Zedhryx gradually approached the living animal aware of its large stature and capacity for meat. "A desert bison, your greatness," A human murmured bowing at the composed Shade Lord. Bison. Zedhryx thought to himself, while his eyes burned holes through the person who replied. It was no surprise that the humans either hunted or rode the beast standing before him. Whichever it was, Zedhryx knew that the animal took up useless space in his kingdom. So, in an effort to experience humanity at its fullest, Zedhryx slowly moved a hand across the bison's fur before sharply turning around. "Someone kill this thing," He snapped picking up his pace back toward the palace entrance. What followed after, was a flurry of dark spirits wisping behind the Shade Lord's human appearance as if in a competition to slay the animal he had just seen.

"The humans," Zedhryx paused in his tracks just as his eyes landed on a confused looking servant attentively standing next to him. Well, what was the pathetic peasant waiting for? " . . Feed it to the humans," Zedhryx emphasized flicking his nose with his thumb before entering the palace. How stupid could a person be? The Shade Lord wondered in his own mind. He out of all the Shade Lords had a love-hate relationship with the human beings. Love of course being them loving him, and hate being him hating them. Yes, that was his definition of a love-hate relationship.

Zedhryx stopped in the middle of the throne room to take in the scenery. Humans and Shades working together to satisfy his needs. It was perfect that mankind had these things called emotions, which he could easily bend to his will. In other words, almost everyone loved him despite the deaths he had caused. People within his twenty foot radius would probably risk their lives for Zedhryx or feel butterflies just by catching his glance.

It didn't take long for a familiar voice to abruptly enter his head. Aversa, out of all, would naturally be the one to ask questions. Typically Zedhryx would disregard her inquiries, but this time her news was substantial. Even though Zedhryx hardly felt joy for his other Shade Lords, just this once he had an ounce of happiness for her. The man shut his eyes tightly as if disturbed by her intrusion. In which cases, he frequently had to completely stop everything he was doing just to satisfy her curiosity. Zedhryx's eyes flung open as he let out a breath, "I slayed the royal pains last week. It was as simple as that. Definitely not hard to do." At that response, he took a seat on the throne where people fanned him against the Kingdom of Aubigine's humid heat.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

Annabel Hollenbeck
il_570xN.1462460545_o8vc.jpg
They finished their warm-up stretches, and then watched Sam and Thomas doing their sword training. ‘Our guide is sure taking a while to come downstairs. Maybe I should peek in one of the windows to see what she is doing.’ thought Annabel. She was thinking about doing that, but decided that it was a bad idea.

As Annabel and her gang continue their wait for Aria, she saw a boy who was asking which way the north is. ‘Oh god no. That boy is from Ezeris! Mustn't let him say the king and queen thing since this isn’t a good place to do that.’ thought Annabel. She immediately put on her hood, and then show Ray the map while turning her head to the right. “Um...t-this is the way to the north, sir,” said Annabel. She pointed the north part of the map while being timid towards Ray.
Daisy sighed in disappointment because of Annabel’s reaction. ‘I swear to god that Annabel really needs to stop being timid towards strangers.’ thought Daisy.
“By the way, why are you going to the north? Are you trying to find the rebellion too?” said Annabel. She wouldn’t be surprised if he was going to the same location as her, for who wouldn’t want the rebellion’s protection from the Shades.
Xanto Xanto

Last edited:
94b1159164de503e6324f6f457b76b46.jpg

The boy flinched when he was her steely glare, but when he was her expression soften, he relaxed a bit. However, when she said yes, he himself nearly fell out of his own chair, before returning to his plate and finishing his meal quickly. When she got up, he got up. He then followed her around for awhile before looking up to her and, yet again speaking up, and asking a question. "When can we start?"

Raymond Callahan

Raymond's hazel gaze shifted over the crowd briefly observing the diverse group before him. Just a bit to his right were some people casually sparring with swords, while those closer to the inn's entrance seemed to be having a deeper conversation. All in all, they were an odd mixture to keep up with. The newcomer blinked prior to glancing at an almost sickly looking fellow speaking to a baby-faced looking man, mercenary, red head, and kid. Surely there couldn't be a much more random bunch than that. Raymond rubbed the back of his neck as he took it all in within the few seconds a hooded figure spent arriving in front of him. In which case, Raymond snapped back to reality once his gaze landed on the person speaking to him.

The stranger in the hood was mysterious and intriguing. It didn't take long for her to pull out a map and point to the north. Ray slightly tilted his head forward out of curiosity to get a look at the hooded figure's face, but could only see the skin against her cheek. Hm. The guy mentally shrugged deciding it wasn't a big deal anyway. Instead, Raymond turned his attention to the map and briefly studied the landmarks on the way to his destination. After a few moments of memorizing, the lady spoke up again that time asking a few questions. It was odd that her voice sounded a bit familiar though. Ray temporarily furrowed his brows as he went into deep thought about the familiarity before recognizing her eastern accent. "Oi," He commented relaxing his brows and leaning back a bit to have a better look at the hooded person's figure. "Ya from the east too?" He questioned with a slight smile on his face. Her accent was impeccable, spoken like a true native. It was great to somehow connect with someone in the middle of nowhere. After all, it had been a while since Raymond was around another Ezerisian.

The man cleared his throat recognizing his sudden response and adjusted his collar before calmly answering her questions, "Yes, ma'am. I am assuming you are headed there as well?"

Blackrose7 Blackrose7
Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow explosiveKitten explosiveKitten TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Annabel Hollenbeck
“I am from the east, and so is my gang: Demonic Velvet,” said Annabel. She pulled her hood a bit down, so Ray wouldn’t end up saying that her appearance was similar to their king and queen. ‘I hope this guy doesn't try to pull my hood down. I already have to deal with some Ezerisians saying I look like the Ezeris’s king and queen, and I will not have another person say that here.’ thought Annabel.
Annabel turned her head more to the right, so Ray really wouldn't get a good look at her face. “We are indeed going there, but right now, we are waiting for our guide to finish whatever she is doing,” said Annabel.

Daisy looked at Annabel and thought that it would be funny to poke some fun at her behavior towards Ray. “Oh my. Someone seems to like a handsome stranger here,” said Daisy, giggling.
Annabel was blushing from embarrassment when Daisy said that. “No Daisy. It is not that,” said Annabel. “Are you sure? Because I can't tell with that hood on your head. Maybe you're lying, and you like him at first sight.” said Daisy.
“Oh my gosh, Daisy. Can you stop teasing me about that?” said Annabel. “Alright,” said Daisy.
Daisy was sticking her tongue out before she stops teasing Annabel. Annabel just sighed, as she was a bit annoyed with Daisy by the teasing. 'Damn it, Daisy. You know I don't want people from Ezeris to say that I look like King Reagan and queen Lydia.' thought Annabel.
Xanto Xanto

Morag 'Aria' MacLaird
12ea0dec5c5aee0110f54da6554330a7.jpg
aeronelle_by_annahelme-db16qay.jpg
3a6cec4282f8cb22bcffd9a7f1e9be7e--french-lace-french-braid.jpg
While Aurelie dressed, Aria payed the Innkeeper for a large sack - something she would give to Aurelie to transfer her belongings into for the time being. It was an unassuming rough brown fabric, the sort of bag usually transporting vegetables - but the inside was clean, so although Aurelie's clothing would likely be crinkles and squashed, it would not be dirtied.
Aria waited at the bottom of the stairs, and when Aurelie emerged within the time she had set, Aria grinned. This Princess likely wouldn't cause her any trouble, as used to following orders as she seemed to be.
"Good.", was all she said as she scanned the other redhead's clothing, it was expensive looking, but not bright. Which was a serious improvement from the night before.
She noticed that Aurelie's hair was loose, and gestured for the Princess to come closer.
"Here, I'll do your hair. We can't have it catching in branches or getting in the way.", she gestured again for Aurelie to turn her back towards her, and quickly braided the orange locks into one long, simple rope, tying the end off.
"There, that's better.", she said softly as smiled, holding the sack out to Aurelie.
"Move your belongings into this,", her professional demeanour was back, as she dumped it into the nervous girl's arms.
"You're welcome to either ride with me, or ride one of the horses that were pulling your carriage. Give the other to whomever you wish- but both horses should come.", she smiled as she turned on her heel.
"We will be leaving as soon as possible, so don't dawdle. Meet me outside.", she stated as she walked away from Aurelie and towards the front door of the Inn, opening it and standing there for a moment, surveying the scene in front of her.

There were strangers in this crowd, Aria wondered if she was to take them to the Resistance too, as she scanned each person. As expected, Annabel and her gang were there, training and chatting by the looks of things. The boy they were talking to looked to be around Aria's age, and she begrudgingly had to admit that he was handsome. Not that Aria cared much for looks - in her time spent around boys her age (when she wasn't kicking their butts in training), she had found that the better looking ones were often dull inside, their personalities suffering because of their looks. Aria knew she was pretty, both her parents had fortunately passed on their good looks, and added to the fact that she was sole heir to the throne of Trodaire meant she had had plenty of admirers in her time. Many had failed at the first hurdle - being beaten so easily by a Princess didn't sit well with most men.
Unconsciously, her mind drifted to him... His hair had been dark too, tall, athletic, he and the stranger looked similar-. Aria banished all thoughts of him from her mind, she couldn't afford to get distracted. Coming back to reality with a thump, she realised she had been staring at the the tall stranger with dark hair for perhaps a little too long, her eyes a little too wide, her expression a little too wistful.
Tearing her gaze from him with some effort, she composed herself as she continued to sweep the crowd, her eyes landing on her cousin, who looked in no better mood than when Aria had left her, she also stood in conversation with a stranger.
Gliding nimbly down the steps and over to Azalea, catching the tail end of what the older man was saying, catching a name- a very familiar name.
"Wayland?", she interjected sharply, coming to stand by her cousin.
"If you search for Isidro, then you have happened upon the right people, stranger.", her face was serious, professional as she scanned him, eyes settling on the diary he held, just as he hid it again. She remembered a conversation about such a thing.
"Lieutenant Aria, at your service.", she bowed, "We will be departing soon, if you wish to join us.", she stated to him before she turned to her cousin.
"I see you are still your prickly self.", she teased, grinning slyly as her serious demeanour was turned of like it had a switch. Turning her head away from her cousin, that switch was pressed again as her features became serious once more.
"Those following me, we will be leaving very shortly.", she rose her voice to address the small crowd, she didn't shout or even raise it much above normal levels, but it somehow managed to carry, cutting through the conversations of others.
"We should ready the horses.", she spoke to Azalea again, gesturing for her cousin to lead the way.

SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Xanto Xanto ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

"Oh why didn't you say so sooner. Anyone from the Crossing can be considered an Ally of mine! It's just with the way you were talking it sounded like you wanted to kill all of us... actually maybe I should let someone else do the talking... So the crossing huh? How was eveeything before shit hit the fan? I only got to visit once on repair business. Something about a small weakness in the bridge due to weather. I heard the food around there was decent and all that... dammit I'm being awkward again! Someone help me please I'm not used to being social!" Cale desperatley looked back to the others that had followed. Namely at Angelo, the guy looked like a warrior so maybe him and Angie could talk things out. In Cales head he was making things far worse. And the strangers note may change fast if someone didn't step in.

ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

(Okay this is the most accurate I’ll ever be able to get for her lol.)
IMG%5D
Azalea Eve Windfore

Azalea listened intently to the stranger who introduced himself as Harringoth, and hailing from a place she’d never heard of before. As he continued to speak she realized he was as interesting as the scar on his face proved him to be, nonetheless he had to go. She was about to interrupt him and tell him that was nice and all but he better leave before she shot an arrow through his thick arrogant skull, when her cousin boffed up out of nowhere, suddenly at her side, and invited him along, resulting in a exasperated groan from Azalea. At this point she wasn’t gonna make it to the encampment, they’d all just get stabbed in the back and picked clean of their belongings. She gave a playful scowl back at her cousin as Aria teased her of her attitude, and Azalea followed suit of her cousin, walking alongside Aria towards the horses as she spoke in a low voice, “You know, “ Azalea said, “There’s a town about five miles back of you wanna invite them along for the ride too.” She suggested sarcastically, clearly not happy about their growing group, but the spark in her yellow-green eyes returned with a wry glint in them nonetheless.

And of course, he wasn’t the last to show up, no, a man emerged from the trees, an extremely handsome one at that, also inquiring where the North was before he held up a horse-chewn map . She stopped in her tracks, Azalea laughed outloud before she slapped a hand over her mouth, as if suprised she’d done it in the first place. Annabel was the one to answer him, and she watched with curious, suspicious eyes as he tried to subtly get a glance under her hood, and she seemed to pull it down a little more. Now she wondered, just what exactly did Aria see in Annabel the other day that she hadn’t? Azalea shot a bemused glance at Aria before she quickly approached the two.​

“Yeah, yeah, that’s nice and all,” Azalea said approaching, coming up from behind Annabel, and giving her a gentle shove in the direction of the horses, afterall, she didn’t want this man discovering something about Annabel that she didn’t know about first. “but we have a full party so if you absolutely must tag-along you’ll have to ride in the back behind the rest of the one-hundred others that decided to tag along.” She said sarcastically, as she gave Annabel another encouraging prod towards the horses before she left to join Aria at the horses. No, she didn’t like any strangers. She didn’t like most of the people in their merry band, she learned not to trust easily long ago.

As she unroped Wind-Cleaver from his post and began to wrap the rope back up into a loop, she spoke to Aria over her shoulder, “I swear if one more person comes through the trees I’ll put an arrow through them.” Azalea growled before Leinad, who’d been staying close behind her the entire time, asked her when they’d begin his training. She looked down at him and pursed her lips before replying, “Once we get somewhere safe.” Implying the rebellion encampment. As she thought of the encampment, a certain portion of Aria’s words came to mind. “So,” she called over her shoulder at Aria as she attached the tied up rope to Wind-Cleaver’s saddle and extended her arms down to Leinad to help him up into the horse, “Lieutenant Aria, huh, how’d you jolly go off and get that that title?” She asked her cousin with a grin. A distance off she heard the awkward, sickly fellow start awkwardly trying to maintain a conversation and rolled her eyes with a smile.

A unique band of misfits indeed.

SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Xanto Xanto ShadowBroker ShadowBroker
Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays

Last edited:
94b1159164de503e6324f6f457b76b46.jpg
Leinad was quite prideful, having been made her apprentice, but wasn't vocal about it. It made him feel good inside that she would take the time to train him. But who was she? He barely knew anything about the woman's past, and still didn't know she was a princess. His parents never taught him much about the royal family, so he certainly wouldn't recognize her. Plus everyone kept talking about "Royals" and whatnot, and he was becoming quite curious. It was driving him crazy as he tried to figure out who she was.

He briefly lost his train of thought however, when he accepted her hand, and was lifted onto the horse. He thoroughly enjoyed horse rides, since it was a new thing to him, and he could see so much more from atop the large beast. He then looked back at Azalea as he gained his train of thought again, poking her leg to get her attention. "M-miss Azalea, who are you? What I mean is... Where did you come from, and how do you have so much money?" Even though he had only seen her take out money a few times, to him that money was a fortune. He waited patiently for her reply, as he enjoyed the view from atop the horse.

Raymond Callahan

Raymond watched as the mysterious woman conversing with him pulled her hood lower. Even if he had the greatest urge to gently yank her hood off, he knew it wouldn't be practical for a first time interaction. In fact, maybe she was hiding for a real good reason he didn't need to know. The man looked away deciding that the matter wasn't urgent at the moment anyway. In due time, I will find out what is hidden underneath. He thought inwardly before nodding at the stranger's response involving the Demonic Velvet gang. Their name came up once or twice during his time working as a blacksmith with his family.

Raymond raised a brow at her mention of a guide though. How did an eastern gang manage to get hold of a guide to the rebellion encampment? Then again, their gang was known for doing more good than bad. Hence, the reason why the Callahan blacksmith shop subtly continued to supply a few of their members.

Either way, wouldn't want to be a burden. Raymond thought parting his lips to state his gratitude and departure. However, another Demonic Velvet member suddenly spoke up cutting him short. After hearing the hood's companion compliment him, Raymond shyly smiled at the teaser. It didn't take long for a little banter to occur between the two in which case Raymond just laughed a bit. "Guess I will see your hood around then," He began turning away from the figure until his peripheral vision caught sight of another interesting character.

This time, she was a woman unafraid of showing her face . . her eyes especially. The redhead who had just entered the scene was simply staring in his direction, which made him look around to find what was so interesting. He then shifted his gaze back to her realizing that she was actually staring right at him. Honestly, the man was inwardly amused by how long she could keep her big eyes focused on him. It took a few seconds for Ray to come to the conclusion though that she could be unknowingly pasting her eyes on his face. So, he decided to avoid the potentially awkward situation and revert his attention back to the hood.

"Thank you," Raymond nodded to the hooded figure and her friend who acted as her eyes. Within a few moments, the once big-eyed redhead's voice caught Ray's attention again. This time, she had a meaningful announcement. Raymond returned his thoughts to the situation at hand. In the broader picture, he would be traveling in their same direction. In addition to that, even if his memory was above average it would surely help to have a reference map or guide on the way there. The typically confident man bit his lower lip as he mentally debated and allowed his eyes to follow the vocal redhead. Soon enough, the other red haired woman she had been speaking to bursted out in laughter. Raymond immediately followed that woman's gaze to his useless map when he suddenly realized that he had been holding onto it the whole time. In a split second, he rolled the map up, smoothly spun it around his index finger, and slid it into his back pocket with a small smile aimed at the woman who merely smacked herself silent.

Naturally, time was of the essence. Although Raymond wished to further amuse the responsive redhead with his random happenings, he had to go to the north as soon as possible. His older brother was probably more worried than their mother at that point. On that note, Raymond focused his thoughts on joining or splitting from the group. He knew joining would result in longer travel time, but then again him getting lost would probably take days later.

Before the man could inquire about tagging along, the self-smacking redhead quickly approach him and the hooded figure. Raymond smirked as he watched her steal the hooded figure away from him before he blinked at her sarcasm. "Hm, I will do just that then," He stated gently pulling his newly acquired stallion out from the trees. His hand grazed against the horse's neck as he casually moved it off to the side. While Raymond wasn't the fondest of animals, he did take a liking to his new albeit temporary friend. It had been his plan to give the horse to another family who really could care for it better than he could.

Ray adjusted the sack over the stallion and took a carrot out before feeding it to the horse. As soon as it was done eating, Raymond grabbed an apple and hoisted himself onto the horse's saddle. His gaze indifferently shifted around the group prior to taking a bite. Personally, the man had no time to lose. He didn't mind the small break since the previous night's run though.

As he chewed, Ray's eyes stopped on the only kid involved in the group. Traveling at a period like this must have frightened the young boy. Fortunately, Raymond's nephew was already waiting for him in the north as well. At that thought, Raymond slightly waved at the kid who seemed to be enjoying his view from the top of his horse.

Blackrose7 Blackrose7 FrostFire FrostFire Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays

Princess Aurelie of Aubigine
Dorothy Pratt.gif
Aurelie sat as Aria braided her hair. She still looked like a frightened rabbit. Her parents had done such a terrible job at preparing her to rule. She really had no idea what was going on. She didn't even know what exactly it was that had killed her parents, and she didn't exactly want to find out. She was all alone. She took the bag from Aria with the smallest of smiles and went back to her room and packed as many of her clothes as she could. She decided it was best to pack the clothes first and then the jewels.

Most of her clothes were brightly colored with a few exceptions. Like her riding habit, and her muslin chemise. Madame Becu had packed about twenty dresses, which was only a small fraction of the clothes she had. There were also a few corsets, some underskirts, and some shifts. Most of the clothes would be hard to get into without a little help. It was funny to think that all of the clothes that Madame Becu had given her were the ones easiest to get into and out of without help. Most days, every day, in fact, she needed help.

Aurelie packed her clothes carefully, not wanting Madame Becu's folding job to have gone to waste. Once her clothes had been packed, she started with her jewels. There weren't many. But they were the ones that had always held sentimental value to her. Ones that had been in her family for generations and that had been given to her. They were mostly necklaces and rings. With some effort, she carefully picked up the bag and went back downstairs. It had been hard. Aurelie had very little in the way of physical strength. She was a small person, pretty much skin and bones. Almost like a frail bird. She had done as Aria said and met her outside. She did notice some of the people, including the girl who had teased her quite a bit. She tried to make herself small and scarce. It had always been a habit of hers. She liked to go unnoticed.

FrostFire FrostFire @

Morag 'Aria' MacLaird
4cpxssxe4euz.jpg
aeronelle_by_annahelme-db16qay.jpg
48facf8760a56e2684bedd902be370f9--black-horse-friesian-friesan-horse.jpg
3-face.jpg
Aria couldn't help but laugh musically at her cousins sarcastic comments about the size of their group, but she said nothing. In the back of her mind, the leader in her was already planning the journey, how to direct such a large group... They all seemed rather responsive to her commands so far, and if anyone had a problem with something she said she was sure they would speak up.
She had also noticed Annabel hiding her face - something she guessed was to avoid comments about her looking like the King and Queen of her country. Aria didn't quite understand that denial, if so many people commented on it, surely she must see it too? But the fact that this castle maid looked like them worried her... In the back of her mind, Aria wondered if Annabel was the bastard child of the King of Ezeris - it wouldn't surprise her, and that would also mean Annabel had a claim to the throne... A Princess in her own right if one of her parents was Royal... Although that didn't really explain how she looked like both Royals... Of course, Aria's own father was a good man, and had never in his life been unfaithful with her mother, even when she lost the ability to have more children - but Aria knew in other Kingdoms, rulers were not as good and just as her Father had been, and many had been known to sleep around... She would have to interrogate Annabel on that later.
She couldn't help but chuckle at Azalea's obvious ploy to rescue Annabel from the stranger that looked like-_, she hadn't yet told Azalea why she had taken such an interest in Annabel, and Aria had a feeling that had something to do with it.
Aria followed Azalea over to the horses, she had already saddled and bridled Loki earlier before she had trained, she he was ready to go, as was Gelert, who lay in the stable with the horse. But to help out Aurelie, she quickly saddled and bridled the horses that had pulled the other girl's carriage.

Both dog and horse stood to attention as she approached, grabbing Loki's reigns and stroking his long, silky black mane. He was an unusual breed, and stood out against the more common horses the others rode - Loki was a huge, beautiful creature, as most Friesian's were, and stood several hands taller than the horses that the others rode.
Aria chuckled at her cousin's oath to shoot more additions to their group, retorting "The more the merrier. And anyway, we need the manpower.", her tone was cheery but serious as she waited by the entrance for Azalea, Gelert at her side as she swung herself gracefully and lithely onto the huge black horse, making it seem effortless as she did.
She snorted at her cousin's remarks on her new title, "I've been around since the conception of the Resistance, plus my other title certainly helped...", she gritted her teeth, reminded of that fateful night. Shaking her head, she smirked slyly, "I guess I'm just an exceedingly talented individual.", she flashed a thousand kilowatt grin at her cousin as Loki walked towards the rest of the group, Gelert padding along at his feet.
She scanned the small crowd, eyes lingering perhaps a little too long on the handsome stranger before they set on Aurelie, who looked like she was trying to turn invisible.
"Aurelie.", she barked the Princess' name, gesturing for her to approach.
She waited until the other was beside her, dwarfed by the huge Friesian, before she spoke again, looking down at the frail Princess.
"You're welcome to ride Loki with me, or take your own horse. Both are saddled and bridled,", she paused, looking around before her gaze set onto Annabel, "Annabel, if you can ride perhaps you should take the other of Aurelie's horses, both should come with us as they'll be useful once we get there.", she stated in her professional, militant voice - it was rather obvious from her tone that she had extensive warrior training, and plenty of experience leading.

She rose her voice as she addressed the group, "Now, this will be a hard journey. Royals will ride up front with me. Lea, Aurelie. Annabel, your gang should take the rear, everyone else in the middle, people with horses go first, people on foot behind.", she nodded to each person and group as she mentioned them, before continuing.
"Around midday we will stop for lunch. If we have made adequate progress.", she ordered them like a kind army General would his soldiers.
"Anyone dragging their feet, I will personally whip into shape.", she couldn't help the smirk that twitched her features as she spoke, her statement held conviction.
"If anyone has a query or request at any time, do not hesitate to approach me. For those who haven't yet caught my name, I'm Lieutenant Aria. ", she decided it best to use her new title rather than her Royal one. She looked around, eager to get going but knowing she had to wait for Aurelie to take to her horse, and someone else the other... Absentmindedly she wondered if the frail boy who had asked her the stupid question last night would be coming - he seemed to be rambling like a crazy person, his companion didn't look much impressed.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Xanto Xanto SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful ShadowBroker ShadowBroker TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

• Harringoth 'The Mercenary of The Crossing'

The story continues
    "It was a shit-hole, I bet once the shads are done with it will look exactly the same. Perhaps better." asd he continued to stare down the boy as he explained how Harr's attitude seem to be rather unpleasant. Was it though? Or was the boy still gathering his own thoughts, lost in his inability to speak clearly. He prove to be persuasive, yet now proves that has no ability at all. How unfortunate, Harringoth almost had him tagged as a cunning individual, the gall.

Another one arrived, one Harringoth had not first numbered... it was clear to him this man was more than he self-pretended to be, a lost man did not cut it. Nevertheless, it had potentially delay many of his previous options. The only thing left for him was to finally find a safer path towards North, and here there were a few human-shields he could use in case more shads arrived. He wondered if he was the only one with the means to fight them, or if any of them learned by 'accident' how to retaliate.

That is when the so called Lt. came to him, bravo. The girl took the words right off his mouth like a sharp blade removes the hide. But at least they will be going towards North and the little brat may give him safe passage towards the leader of this so called resistance. "At my services, great. I am in the right direction." he responded as he beckon her to prepare whatever was left as he stayed behind resting both of his hands in the pommel of his sword as he smiled at everyone who looked him back. Even though he added a special glance to the anointed Knight of full armor. He make a few steps forward to Cale, the one boy whom seem, without doubt, quite a blabber.

"Haven't ask your name, boy." Harr responded as he approached him, reaching with his off-hand to his shoulder with the confidence a brother would have, "Ally- you look smart, the kind of guy that knows how to help a brother, aye?" he took him for a moment to share a quick chit-chat that barely could anyone hear, the mud on his clothes and the stain on his armor was dry at the touch just like the dirt underneath his nails, "Care to present me your friend over there? We are allies now, we have to know each other, yes? How am I suppose to trust you?" using his experience in persuasion to slide through his trust and earn a few allies seem to be Harringoth's first idea and if he could get the Knight's good side that could also help.

The whole speech came right after, the party was moving on wards and- look at that... Royals. So that explains why they all seem so clean and 'charming' individuals. Each of them might worth Harr's weight in gold. Oh Oh~ The bounty...

Angie watched the exchange of conversation, remaining quiet and observant. She watched the various people who emerged from the inn make various levels of conversation. Her face showed careful consideration and controlled interest. If only for the fact that she would need to get approximation on everyone’s personalities so she can figure out the best ways to approach them.
The redhead, the one “Lieutenant Aria” kept calling Lea, was, well... hotheaded. She seemed easily irritated, impatient and feisty. Angie always liked the feisty ones. She always admired a strong-willed woman in this world. Gods know that she hadn’t been able to handle, this landing her in her current position.
The newest addition to the group, the one with the dark hair was an attractive young man, and he clearly knew it. She had met many a person who knew they were good-looking and used it to their advantage. Typically, she avoided that type. Plus, this guy had an Eastern accent and shifty eyes. Best to keep an eye on him, and her coin purse.
And then... Harringoth. Of the Crossing, apparently. She didn’t like him, didn’t trust him. He was a mercenary, she knew. And while she knew not to judge people on face value, she also knew that not all mercenaries had an outstanding moral code. She would keep an eye on this one too.

When “Lieutenant Aria” began to give orders to the group, Angie tore her eyes from the group around her and looked up at the woman atop the big black horse.
Angie wasn’t particularly fond of taking orders, but she’s had to do it for her job. She was staring at Harringoth while Aria spoke, and she took note of his facial expression as she spoke. Angie was getting incredibly suspicious, especially when this mercenary approached Cale and placed a hand on his shoulder, starting to work some kind of silver-tongue on her charge. That was enough.

“C’mon, time to get back in the saddle.” She said, grabbing Cale by the arm and practically dragging him away from Harringoth, and shoving him towards Trillium. She gave Harringoth a hard, warning look before untying the palomino and vaulting up into the saddle, then offering Cale a hand to help him up as well.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

Annabel Hollenbeck
When Ray laughed at their little banter, that embarrassed Annabel. '...I am happy that he is happy, but that is embarrassing.' thought Annabel. After Ray was done laughing, he wanted to leave to go to the north by himself, so Annabel wanted to say your welcome and see ya before he left. However, Azalea was prodding her to go to the horses. 'Ok. Ok. I am going to the horses, geez.' thought Annabel.
She went to where the horses are at with her gang, and then listen to Aria about her riding on Aurelie's another horse for the journey to the rebellion. "Alright," said Annabel. She tried to get on the white horse a few times before she did it. 'Yay. I got on the horse, but how do I get it to walk?' thought Annabel. Annabel never learned how to ride a horse, for it was too dangerous to do that in Ezeris.
Despite her five tries to get the horse to move, the horse didn't do that. Instead, it was walking on its own, because for some reason, it didn't like Annabel on their back. "...I think this horse is messing with me. It doesn't want to walk when I tell them to." said Annabel. She was sad that the horse isn't listening to her, as she wanted to ride on a horse for her first time. 'This really sucks, but it can't be helped.' thought Annabel.
Daisy was watching Annabel trying to ride on a horse with an amused look on her face. "It probably likes the rabbit girl more than you, Annabel," said Sam, who wanted the horse to continue messing around with Annabel. "Maybe, but we don't know that." said Annabel. Jerry just looked at Annabel with a disappointed look on his face because he used to ride on a horse when he was a hunter. "Do you know how to get down?" said Jerry. "Nope," said Annabel.
Her gang facepalmed from that response, since they can see that Annabel doesn't know what she is doing. Jerry helped Annabel get down from the horse, so it wouldn't try to hurt her by accident.
FrostFire FrostFire Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Xanto Xanto

Cale was quick to accept Angelos hand. In truth his guard had saved him from embarassing himself even more. He had so many questions. At the moment Azaelea was intimidating, Aria was clearly someone of status yet he had no idea how to even approach the woman with the assistance he needed. He only got to see a little of Annabel was an odd one. From Cales perspective she seemed to be a little more close to the little man then the others. She looked rough and tumble yet if he were to stop yammering maybe he could befriend her at least. And her group all seemed like decent people. But for now he would have to approach Angie on this. She saw more of the world then he did. For him back then his world was a table in a barracks with so many people shouting as he looked down at some new idea for a crossbow or other invention. He knew the knight had more experience then him so he would have to ask him to be a partial adviser if possible. But for now to keep it on the down low he in a hushed voice whispered to Angelo "What do you think I should do? I'm not even sure if I can hold a conversation unless it was about my job before this. Do I even drop what my mom told us on them?"

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Princess Aurelie of Aubigine
Dorothy Pratt.gif
Aurelie, always skittish, jumped as Aria barked her name. She certainly wasn't used to being talked to in such a manner. Then again, she wasn't fond of how people talked to her in Aubigine. Most people spoke to her like she was a little child. Everyone spoke to her like she had some sort of small brain, incapable of understanding anything. Of course, that was the plan all along. Make her incapable of ruling on her own, and make her dependent on everyone around her. Even her parents, whom Aurelie was aware were not too fond of her, had spoken to her in a sickeningly sweet voice.

Aurelie slowly walked up to Aria and nodded. It would probably be a good idea for her to ride with her. She had never had much training in riding. She knew how to ride, but she didn't do so very often. Really, the only time that she rode was during for important ceremonies. The idea of riding in front scared her. It almost felt like leading, something that terrified Aurelie to no end.

"I suppose I shall ride with you," said Aurelie to Aria. "If that is alright. I'm afraid I am not the most proficient horsewoman."

Then again, there were few things Aurelie was proficient in. She could host sew and embroider with ease. That was about it.

FrostFire FrostFire

IMG%5D

Azalea Eve Windfore

“Riiiiight,” Azalea responded to her cousins comment of being exceedingly talented, “You know, maybe if I waltz in with a pretty crown on my head, I could get a fancy-shmancy title too.” She said with teasing optimisim, a grin quirking her lips. Just then, as she turned back towards her horse, Leinad asked the most curious question, although she knew there would come a time when he would ask.

Her grin faded, and she unconsciously touched the silver necklace around her neck. Her aunt, Ana. She exhaled heavily as she swung herself atop Wind-Cleaver behind Leinad. “I was the Princess of Calore once,” Azalea said in low voice only the few around them such as Aria and Aurelia could hear, “and I stole this money,” she said, raising her chin up indignantly, “I don’t think my older sister will be needing this anymore, don’t you?” She asked rhetorically, the sound of Aria barking out commands nearly overriding her voice entirely, Azalea’s tone light and teasing but her expression darkened, though behind Leinad, he wouldn’t be able to see. She had been close, with all her sisters, and even little Hale, her first, and last brother. They took care of her as she took care of them. Oh the trouble they got into. Actually, more like the trouble Azalea led them into, generally with her older sister chasing after the lot of them.

As everybody finished up they’re conversations and prepared for the journey, she caught the last bits of Aria and Aurelie’s conversation, ending with Aurelie’s admittance to not being an able horse rider. Azalea turned the horse around and trotted up to the two, grinning down at Aurelie with a amused glint in her yellow-green eyes, “Aye no worries, when we have need of a distraction for the Shades, we’ll dress you up in a yellow dress and toss you in front of them, then you can dance the remigold until we attack them.” Azalea said cheerily, a teasing grin lighting up her face, giving her a playful wink before she turned Wind-Cleaver around and rode back up to the very front.

“Now,” Azalea said to Leinad, mischeviously, grinning behind him, “Let me tell you of the Windfore siblings.”

~~~~

The journey took hours. Wee-ell-lll maybe it was an exaggeration. The journey was naturally led by Aria, the only one whom knew the way to the rebellion encampment, and not taking the main roads made it all that much harder. Azalea indulged Leinad with many tales of her sisters and the scandals, as Azalea liked to call them, each tale of them usually having being led by Azalea herself. She told him of the “Great Boot Bungling Scandal”, leaving out a few major details, though it didn’t ruin the humor of the story, and the “Cramped Christmas Tree Scandal,” and so on and so forth, there was even a tale of Azalea repeatedly kicking a Lords leg under the table whenever he laid a single glance on her oldest sister until he stood up in the middle of the conversation with the King, and threw a loaf a bread at Azalea, and the King boxed him across the face, having no idea Azalea had been kicking him throughout the dinner.

They briefly stopped for lunch, and Azalea gave most of the stale bread and cheese left to Leinad, her appetite non-existent as she thought of all that was now lost. Throughout the trip Azalea would unconsciously touch the silver necklace around her neck and press her lips together in what looked like anger, or maybe it was guilt. Or a little bit of both. Sometimes it was hard to grasp how much was lost in the single span of a night.

Of course, she didn’t only interact with the wee chit alone. Azalea would often ride up front with Aria and Aurelie to either tease poor Aurelie some more or joke around with Aria, other times Azalea would go silent for long periods of time, staring off into the forest in a daze, emptily in fact. No matter how many happy memories, she remembered all the faces of the dead, each of their screams piercing skull as if she was relieving the night again. And those soulless black eyes.

~~~
(Timeskip: 7:12 PM, Location: rebellion encampment.)

The more they ventured the denser the forest got and the darker it became, thick with large green pines, the sunset coloring the skies in beautiful hues of pink, orange, yellow, purple and blue. Azalea was about to ask her cousin, irritably for the third time if they were going the right way when she saw a faint glimpse of a wall through the trees, a small, about 11 foot wall made of wooden logs, sharpened at the top and Azalea felt a glimmer of hope she hadn’t felt in a long time. The path they were taking opened up just lightly and as they approached the full wall came into view, she could hear the hustle and bustle and clamor of soldiers beyond the guarded wall, well, not that guarded, only two soldiers guarded the wooden gate. They looked upon the group with obvious surprise and skepticism before they sighted Aria and pushed open the gate. As the gates opened they revealed a large encampment, bordered by the large wooden wall all around, filled with tents scattered amoung the trees, large tents at that, some made up of leather, others made up with scraps of hide and furs. A large bond fire stood in the center of it all, with wooden post scattered throughout the camps used as torches for when it got dark. She could already spot out the rebellion leader, and General’s tents, much larger then the tents around them, and one even larger tent she assumed was used for eating, as long as another tent that was most likely the Battle Tent, or planning tent or whatever stupid rubbish thing the army called it. She caught a glimpse of a clearing beyond the tents a little, opposite direction of the larger, important tents, which was most likely the trading ground.

As the rode into the camp, trotting at a steady pace she found some looking at most of them with admiration and awe, while others looked upon the royals with hatred, blame, and skepticism. Azalea itched at the now itchy scars on her cheek. In fact, the morale all around seemed very downtrodden and depressed, especially for soldiers wishing to take back their country. Azalea couldn’t help but question what motivated them to come here in the first place of all they did was sulk. But then she found out there was a reason for the sulking.

A solider approached, addressing Aria as he did so, walking alongside her horse. ”Lieutenant Aria, good to see you return safely with your...charges.” He said stiffly, and Azalea couldn’t help but shot him a yellow-eyed glare before he continued on, “But I’m afraid...Isidro Wayland is dead. He took deathly ill two nights prior and died in his sleep.” His eyes cast downward in sorrow and awkwardness at having to relay the news.

Azalea paled, her glimmer of hope instantly dying with the soldiers news. Great. The leader was already dead and she just got here.

~~

FrostFire FrostFire TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Xanto Xanto explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Morag 'Aria' MacLaird
8b4f4d2bf98884651ce1c871e4d5347c--photoshoot-redheads.jpg
tmp533536224858603520.jpg
Aria rolled her eyes and chuckled at her cousin's teasing, although she had to admit her title certainly helped her in the Resistance, but she knew her extensive training also contributed, she was confident in her abilities.
She sighed at Annabel and Aurelie's inability to ride as she helped Aurelie onto Loki with some difficulty - such a huge beast was difficult to mount wearing a skirt... Nevertheless, Aurelie was finally hauled onto Loki, sitting behind Aria as Loki snorted, shaking his head at the extra weight.
Deciding she would send someone to retrieve the two horses later, Aria clucked her tongue and Loki broke into a smooth, slow canter, jumping to the front of the queue - she rode onto a track heading Northwest, gesturing for the rest to follow.

~

She listened to Azalea's stories as she rode, many she had heard before but that didn't mean she laughed any less. She tried not to think about the rest of her cousin's demise... But she knew it was on both hers and Lea's mind, not that she mentioned it. Aria knew better than to question or probe her cousin about things like that, she was just happy that Azalea seemed to be at least coping with her grief; smiling even if it was only a mask.
Aria was more than happy to banter alongside her cousin as she lead them on the long journey, traversing the land she knew like the back of her hand, her pace slowed considerably to allow the others to keep up.

~

Riding up the last mountain with dusk approaching, Aria and her exhausted entourage broke through the dense, shadowy forest onto the old road that lead up to the Resistance camp - behind the wooden wall it was composed of mostly tents, the old, abandoned monastery in the background built into the side of the mountain and caves behind that. Some of the abandoned monastery was too decrepit to occupy without rebuilding it - but the living quarters were almost habitable, and there were a lot of rooms.
Aria approached the soldiers at the gate, who opened it without questions once they saw her at the head of the group.
Riding in, she could immediately tell that something was wrong. The atmosphere in the camp was downtrodden, the usual bustling liveliness all but gone as people seemed to be going about their business with black clouds over their heads.
Just as she was about to ask someone what exactly had happened, a soldier that she vaguely recognised walked up to her and Loki, and she couldn't help but narrow her eyes at his guarded tone, but she said nothing and let him continue.
Her narrowed eyes widened as she heard the news. "Wayland is...?", she took a few seconds to process the news, her brain working through all stages of grief as she worked through the loss of another ally and friend in those few short seconds. She knew she couldn't be consumed by hopelessness like many seemed to be, just as she had done with her parents deaths, she filed it away.
"Well then, whose in charge?", she questioned him, her voice calm, firm, carrying on as normal as an example to the rest of the group to stay strong.
"Whitefield? Callahan?", she rubbed her temples, "Just tell me where they are, we need to talk. Thanks for delivering the news, soldier.", she smiled weakly, turning to Aurelie as she held her arm out to help the frail Princess dismount the towering Loki.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Xanto Xanto

Last edited:
"Is it just me or is everything just going wrong for us? First our homes, then our running, we think we find hope and when we come our big guy is dead due to illness... Seems like the world itself wants us all dead." Cale could not help it, everything up until now has been bad luck, the only piece of Good luck were Aria and the end. And even then that little bit of good luck was quickly dashed by the knews of the norths commander dying. "Look Aria, or Miss Aria, or whatever you wish me to adress you as. How are the supplies around here? I know I may not seem it but I'm a Lorelthian Engineer. When I'm not good with words I know a Crossbow from the inside out. And alongside that I know how to repair them, and before this all went down I made a special type of Crossbow. In my pack I still have the blueprints. But I need supplies and cooperation from the higher ups. And believe me when I say I know that you all think I'm just some crazy rambling boy. You may not be wrong but understand I can make crazy stuff when need be. Especially if you get me gunpowder and oil. Or for basic materials, Bones, Metal, or if your feeling crazy, Deer Antlers. And yes, they all matter when it comes to Crossbows."

Main interaction: FrostFire FrostFire
In vicinity: Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Blackrose7 Blackrose7 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Xanto Xanto

“Just... don’t tell anyone about your mother’s little secret quite yet.” Angie said, putting a deep rumble into her voice as she did. She couldn’t help but be suspicious of all these people. She could barely trust them, and honestly it was questionable as to whether they were going to the rebellion’s headquarters. She didn’t know, and that was terrifying.

She was used to planning out every step of her job, but now she was suddenly not in control of it. She was forced to put her life in these complete strangers’ hands in order to get Cale somewhere safe and get her job over with, then get out of the country.

But even then... through the travel and the wear and tear of the adventure she somehow managed to get attached to a couple of these people.
Ladys Aurelie, Azalea and Aria were all interesting characters from what she understood. Aurelie was a frail woman, raised to be nothing more than a man’s puppet when she came to the throne. Angie would be sure to make an effort to get Aurelie out of her shell. Azalea was the angry one, definitely. And Aria... she couldn’t get a bead on that one.

And then her charge himself, Cale. He was a funny individual, and she found herself actually caring about his well being, versus the bare-minimum amount of care she gave her usual jobs. The effect was right there. Most of the time she called the people “jobs”, but she tended to refer to him as Cale. Maybe it was because she had spent longer amounts of time with these people

“... Cale I don’t know if it’s a good idea to-“ She muttered to him over her shoulder, but was unable to cut off her charge before he started blathering about his work with crossbows, and she didn’t even try to stop him once he got started.

“... well, either way,” she said, “I am under the impression that this is a safe place, so if you don’t mind, may I set up my tent and get some rest?” She asked, looking around the camp curiously. It was basically just a walled in complex full of tents not unlike her own, scattered through the forest.There was a bonfire in the center. She supposed she’d have to investigate further later.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi FrostFire FrostFire

Raymond Callahan

14f2ba674b60b381294012446704.gif

Raymond shifted his gaze back to the red-haired leader as he quickly finished his apple. There wasn't really much to do at that moment except listen to her anyway. As for taking orders from a stranger, the man didn't mind listening if he knew that someone had greater experience than him in a certain field. Raymond smiled a bit as he centered his attention on the woman who busied herself playing a royal and peasant commander. It almost looked like she was having fun. In all honesty, he couldn't believe the luck he had running into a random group headed in the same direction.

Ray tilted his head as he heard her out, but suddenly furrowed his brows. Royals? His hazel gaze shifted around the area noticing the two women . . and kid come up front as told. His thoughts could have continued forever, but her next instruction was for him to travel right behind the princesses. . . how did this happen? He thought to himself as he slowly rode up behind them. Turns out Raymond wasn't just lucky enough to run into any group, but a group with royals. Never in his life had he seen a royal up close aside from the corrupt eastern ones who he assumed were already dead by the looks of things. So, he didn't really know how to act let alone react to what was going on.

The commanding redhead's voice barked up once again when she introduced herself as Lieutenant Aria. This news only made Ray all the more curious since the name was pretty familiar to him. He was no stranger to the northern princess's name especially since his brother would write about their royal in Trodaire. In other words, this Lieutenant Aria could might as well be a princess too. Raymond cut his thoughts on the subject short though since he didn't want to assume. Besides, any other warrior looking redhead could carry her same name.

After a few moments, the group began their trek to Trodaire. Raymond was typically very sociable, but after twenty minutes of traveling, he realized no one actually knew who he was. That would obviously change, but his mind was too filled with confusing thoughts to begin with. The two main topics being the fact that he was traveling with royals and the concept that he was about to see his family again after two years. So, he just stayed silent in deep thought with observant eyes as they rode deeper into a thicker part of the forest.

105e2200fbaa2ad4cc6a85548d846137-predjama-castle.jpg

Soon enough, a view of a wooden wall surrounding the entrance to a campsite, building, cave thing came into view. Raymond watched the few guards who opened the gates at the sight of Lieutenant Aria's face. The whole thing was casual to the guy until they entered the community. What Ray saw next almost caught him off guard. There were tents everywhere of different shapes and sizes by almost towering trees. Fortunately, there was a fire pit in the split center so he wouldn't get lost any time soon.

The set up nearly looked like the beginning of a new kingdom. A strange inspirational feeling jolted through the man, until he focused on the people's different looks being thrown at the princesses. Not only that, but something seemed to be a bit off.

In no time, a soldier approached Aria informing her about Isidro Wayland's passing . . in his sleep? Raymond knew that Wayland was the leader of the rebellion from his brother's writings, but their whole rebellion was still running even with low morale.

Raymond was listening to Aria ask about the new leader, but got distracted by the Negative Nancy of a boy blabbing about doom before Aria could mention Whitefield or Callahan. It didn't take long for the engineer to start talking about his crossbow inventions either. All of which were ideas that would probably have to run through his brother as the primary blacksmith before implementation.

Raymond rubbed the back of his neck as he shifted his gaze back to Aria. He was tired and hungry. Now was not the time to- "Bax?!" Ray questioned cutting off his writer's sentence. Almost immediately his expression shifted from boredom to joy. The guy never thought he'd see his family so soon.

Baxter Callahan

tumblr_n1msj4N5Yt1s4juazo1_250.gif

"You are asking for a miracle," Baxter folded his arms across his chest as his cold gaze burned holes at the side of the new advisor's head. That advisor just couldn't seem to grasp the main idea about picking up recruits and keeping them alive. Was practically feeding the Shades until they had reached their fill even a valid plan? The new leader leaned back in his seat before taking a deep breath. "People are not mere pawns, Alfred. We need to train them so that we may grow stronger and greater as a force," Baxter unfolded his arms letting his hands roll up the strategic map Alfred drew. It didn't even take him three seconds to hand it back to the amateur. "I will not send them out on a death mission," Baxter stood up from his seat before making his way out the planning tent. "Baxter-" Alfred began only to be cut off by the new leader's exit. "Another day, another time," The man replied not turning his back as he exited the tent. Even if the group suffered a loss because of Wayland's passing, it didn't mean that Bax had given up all hope. Throwing lives away during a time like this was the last thing he would ever do.

Baxter shook his head as he removed his coat and walked past a few trees. Wayland was a true friend despite his stoic demeanor. His passing was all just too sudden. "Sir," A soldier called out once the new leader walked past him. "Speak, James," Baxter replied only glancing at the guy as he folded the coat over his right forearm. It was natural for Bax to always be on the move especially now with his new standing. "Princess Aria has arrived with company," The soldier mentioned causing Baxter to immediately halt in his place and look over his shoulder. "Get more spaces ready, but screen every one of them," Baxter huffed turning toward a different direction. Most likely Aria and her group would still be somewhere toward the front of the lot. "Oh and James?" Baxter mentioned before taking another step, "Let them know what they are getting themselves into." It wasn't that he had no intention of interacting with the rest of Aria's group; however, Bax had a lot of duties to fulfill and changes to make in such short notice. In his eyes, it was him against time.

With that, Baxter walked on eventually marching up to Princess Aria himself. His blue eyes spotted her prim and proper self on the horse just in time to hear her question about his leadership. "Callahan," His voice sounded a few degrees off of the direction Aria was speaking in. He kept his focus on the princess only intending to get everyone settled in without wasting time. "Welcome back," He paused glancing only at the two redheads beside her, "I will let your company venture around, but they must all be screened by tomorrow night. " Fortunately, Aria already knew how most recruiting sessions went. As the main strategist and blacksmith prior to Wayland's passing, not much has changed yet since Baxter's leadership. The screening of skills and abilities being one of the many important recruitment traditions that Bax found to be very efficient.

If people were going to remain at their camp, they had to contribute in any way possible. Baxter's eyes scanned across the sea of unfamiliar faces until he stopped his gaze at who was probably the most familiar one. Unsurprisingly, his brother was distracted by someone else. " . . Ray?" He questioned in time for his brother to finally meet his gaze. Raymond knew his brother was the primary blacksmith in the rebellion, but Baxter never told him that we was one of its top members from the beginning. "Bax?!" Ray shortly called out almost surprised. With this, Baxter immediately looked at Aria. "How did you meet my brother?" He questioned in disbelief. The saying that it was a small world didn't really hit Baxter till that very moment. "And who is this? Your sister?" The man continued gesturing toward to the woman who was actually Aria's cousin.

Meanwhile, a few soldiers and other helpers arrived by the rest of Aria's group offering some assistance and guidance after their journey.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow FrostFire FrostFire explosiveKitten explosiveKitten SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi ShadowBroker ShadowBroker TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays

Morag 'Aria' MacLaird
0t3BMd7.jpg
48facf8760a56e2684bedd902be370f9--black-horse-friesian-friesan-horse.jpg
Before Aria could get anything else out, she was suddenly bombarded with awkward ranting from the sickly looking boy travelling with the soldier, who didn't look too happy about his monologue. She listened patiently as he babbled on, nodding her head slightly as he went on about his experience and work, once he was finished she replied practically, "Aria is fine. We still only have the bare minimum, but you'll have ample opportunity to discuss your line of work in the recruiting session.", she then turned to his armoured companion, "As safe as it can be, and go ahead. Although you'll need to go through screening and recruitment sooner or later-", just as she was about to explain the process, her question about leadership were answered by the man himself.
She turned her head, grinning as Baxter approached her. "Leadership will suit you. And thanks.", she smiled wider. It was comforting to know that even though Isidro was dead, the Resistance still had strong leadership.
"Of course, although best to get things over and done with tonight... At the very latest tomorrow morning.", she disliked leaving thing with loose ends, so Aria much preferred that everyone went through recruitment now. Of course, it was a formality, but an important one - it dictated each person's place in the resistance, their role and job, which in itself was important. It ensured that everything ran smoothly, and was one of the main reasons they worked so efficiently as a group.

Aria's eyes widened as the lad who looked like him, Ray apparently, knew Baxter - and she was even more shocked when it came to light that he was Baxter's brother.
"Wait. This is your brother?!", her eyes landed on Ray for a few seconds with a wistful slight wince on her face before she looked back at Baxter, breaking the trance she had almost fallen into again.
"What? Oh, no.", she smiled at Azalea, "This is my cousin, Azalea, Princess of Calore.", she gave Azalea a wry smile - the fact that their families were so closely related was often a hot topic in the other Kingdoms and among the citizens.
"But... I can't believe I managed to pick up your brother...", she glanced at Ray again, her voice was hesitantly rueful. That odd half wistful longing half forlorn grimace expression crossing her face again as she mumbled "He looks so much like Luther..." to herself, but it was loud enough that Aurelie and Baxter would have heard her.
She had told no one about Luther, even before the Shades had destroyed her happiness and her home it had been a secret... And not something she wanted to talk about. The pain was comparable to what she felt for her parents - but the fact that his lookalike was now staring her in the face was practically ripping her heart out of her chest, something she was doing her best to hide.

Xanto Xanto Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Annabel Hollenbeck
Annabel and her gang were eating blueberries on their way to the rebellion camp because they wanted a snack. '...Well, I wasn't expecting for Aria, the girl who teased the rabbit girl, and the rabbit girl that Sam insulted to be princesses.' thought Annabel.
Annabel's reaction didn't surprise her that much besides finding out that Azalea was a princess. She also knew that nobody in Demonic Velvet would treat Aurelie like a princess, as she isn't an official princess if she isn't allowed to manage her kingdom during an invasion.
Eventually, everybody arrived at the rebellion camp, so Annabel and her gang just waited for the rebellion leader to appear. However, a soldier show up, and told Aria that their leader is dead. 'That really sucks. They can't keep losing people like this, because the innocent people here are looking up to them to be protected from the Shades.' thought Annabel. Even though, Annabel hasn't told the rebellion leader that she wanted to join them, she still wanted to protect everybody with her gang.
As Annabel was ignoring Cale's blathering about being doomed, the new rebellion leader showed up. He was welcoming Aria back, and as soon as Baxter mentioned that everybody would be screened tomorrow. Annabel's face was immediately pale from that. 'SHIT! They are making us do the screening tomorrow? I know that it is for a good reason, but I have a good reason not to show my face especially when their leader is clearly from Erezis.' thought Annabel. Baxter's accent gave him away that he is from Erezis, so Annabel will try her best to be the last one to do the screening.
Daisy noticed that Annabel didn't like the idea of the screening, so she said something to Baxter. "Excuse me, but can our leader be the last one to get a screening? Annabel has a good reason to be wearing that hood on her head, and as Demonic Velvet's co-leader, I don't want her to be uncomfortable with that." said Daisy.
Main interaction: Xanto Xanto
In vicinity: Everybody else

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back