• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Five Kingdoms - The Fall of Sarthenfall - Ic

What do you want for Sarthenfall Ch. 2?

• 2nd generation!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I’m not ready to let go of my original OC just yet... (stick with current characters)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Bitch I ain’t sticking around for Ch. 2 HA

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • And...I want a female antagonist this time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • And...I want another male antagonist

• BOOOOOTH! LETS HAVE 2

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Prequel about the original five hero’s!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Just...no. No Sarthenfall 2. This is just awful.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
A harsh coughing as Angie began to choke on her own spit. She doubled over on the back of her horse, coughing so loudly that it actually startled her horse a tad, causing the mare’s ears to press back in alarm at the sudden noise coming from her usually quiet rider.

“I- gaahack- I’m sorry- Excuse me- I’m fine- went down the wr-wrong pipe in the throat, acccchhkkk!” She managed to recover the deep cant to her voice, but lost the usual passive monotone, giving a surprising amount of spirit to her.

She had been surpised by the mention of “screening”- what the hell does that even mean? What were they gonna do, search her? That would definitely not do, nononono no. No no. Somebody would lose a hand if they tried to make her take her clothes off. There was no way in hell. She’d have to fake this somehow. How was she gonna do it?
....ehhhh?

She cleared her throat and took a deep breath, though her heart was racing and she was almost surprised that everyone else couldn’t hear it. Her mind began racing with ideas of how to skip this little test, and once again, she finally fell silent. Her eyes glazed over slightly as she ran through all the options buzzing around her mind like flies.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Xanto Xanto FrostFire FrostFire

IMG%5D

Azalea Eve Windfore

It was hard to believe her luck was so incredibly low. On top of that her scars itched, almost burning. Azalea slowly turned her head to catch a glimpse of Aria’s reaction to the news. The only sign of her grief was a brief widening of the eyes and a passing moment of silence. So typical of her cousin. Unlike Aria, Azalea his her grief in a strong, icy and angry exterior. Azalea offered the only comfort she knew and placed a dainty yet calloused hand on her cousins shoulder for a brief moment, wincing slightly at the pain this caused one of her bruised wrists. She used to hug her sisters or crack jokes to cheer them up. But she couldn’t really do either in this situation. The babbling man began to babble again, in honestly, the worst time possible. She exhaled loudly in obvious annoyance. Azalea pressed her lips together and with great restraint, but her tongue and let Aria handle him. As Aria handled the babbling mans armored companion, she felt weariness sink into her bones at the mention of a tent. Azalea was caught off guard as an incredibly handsome man, spoke up, emerging into view and introducing himself as the new man in charge. In the past two days it seemed it was raining incredibly hot men, and of course, they only started showing up when the world went to hell.

But she’d learned...many things at the palace in Calore, charms, looks and gifts were deceiving. Still, she shot a bemused glance at Aria as he approached. If this was the rebellion, she wouldn’t complain. Azalea had never flirted with any lords, nobels or anyone of the other sort. In fact most of the time her time was spent trying to get rid of those trying to marry her.

Azalea’s yellow-green eyes widened in suprise as “Bax” revealed the other handsome tagalong who she also didn’t bother to learn the name of, “Ray” was his brother. She glanced at her cousin with an arched eyebrow, only to find an expression of longing, in a sort, crossing her face before she turned back to Bax, which she could only assume stood for Baxter unless his parents cruelly names their son. A grin slowly quirked her lips, a teasing, smug grin that lit up her brightly colored eyes. Perhaps Aria had a slight...crush? Azalea’s grin widened mischeviously at the thought, though quickly faded as Baxter turned his attention to her and asked Aria if they were siblings. Her lips quirked to the side slightly as she arched a thin red eyebrow in amusement.

Azalea’s smirk widened as Aria corrected Baxter and told her they were cousins, she returned Aria’s wry smile, “Luckily for her.” She added smugly, turning her attention back to Baxter. God her scars were killing her. She was about to claw her face off at this point. Azalea zoned out from the conversation around them as Aria marveled about finding Ray, her attention drawn to someone in the distance, an approaching, stern looking man. She kept her eyes on the man but the word screening caught her attention, snapping her gaze to Daisy, one of Annabel’s gang members. She ignored Daisy’s resquest as she thought of her own screening. Screening? She must have been deep in her thoughts when Baxter mentioned this. Would she get searched? Thouroghly? Her cheeks colored in embarrassment and shame as she thought of anybody seeing her bruises. Despite Annabel and herself not liking the idea of this screening, they didn’t seem to be the only ones, as a moment after, the armored man went into a coughing fit, choking on air it seemed. Though she couldn’t imagine why he’d been nervous. Azalea subtly itched the scars on her cheek, resisting the urge to use both hands to vigorously itch her cheek.

Her gaze flew back to the tall man approaching, a man in his forties perhaps. His belly slightly spilled over the trousers of his uniform, but still built and muscular enough to be feared in combat, he was armed with plenty of weapons and held an air of authority about him.

~~
Viggo-Mortensen.jpg

Nathanial Whitefield
(Like I said in the CS, he’ll be played more as an NPC)

“Screening? For them?” Nathanial sneered as he approached and stopped alongside Baxter, stroking his slight beard I thought as his eyes slowly ran over Cal, Annabel, Aurelie, Aria and lingering on Azalea, the gaze was none the friendly, but his eyes held a certain curiosity and amusement, as if he held some untold joke in his head, but his face remained blank and stoic, his eyes finally moving away from Azalea and unto the rest of the group. Calculating. “With all due respect, Callahan, these girls weren’t born in the North, Lieutenant Aria is an exception but I hope you aren’t considering actually putting them on the battlefield. Women have no place taking arms and fighting,” he said in all seriousness with even a slight hint of pride in his voice as he said, “That’s a mans job.”

“I beg your pardon?” An icy cold voice hissed from atop a horse before the figure dismounted and landed on the ground with a crunch as Azalea strode up to the general, angry in her steps but somehow still walking with a feline grace.

He met her yellow-green glare unflinchingly, unthreatened but perhaps even a little amused, the crinkle in his eyes betraying his blank unmoving face.

“We have plenty of jobs for girls. We’re running low on help. Things always need to be cooked and cleaned around here.” Nathanial said before adding, “my lady,” in a condescending tone. It was obvious this man had little respect for women whom had some backbone.

“And you are?” Azalea’s tone was deathly low, her lips pressed so thinly together they were white.

“You will refer to be as sir, or General.” There it was again. The authority in his tone made this sound like a command. It was not debatable.

“Is that so?” Azalea’s voice was sickly sweet. “I beg to differ, General, that we can fight just as any man.” Her tone quickly turned serious, a wall of anger hidden behind every word.

He waved his hand dismissively as if to say ‘pfft, women, so oversensitive.’ His eyes narrowed at her, “I doubt that very much, my lady. And you will remember who has the higher authority here.” His voice turned cold. It was clear he wasn’t used to be talked back to. His eyes flicked to the scars running down her cheek, “of course,” he drawled slowly, “if you don’t prefer to do what all the other women are doing, our men could always use the company at night.” He said nonchalantly, with a hint of condescending once again.

It was the line for Azalea.

Her eyes flared a bright yellow, a typical warning sign as she narrowed her eyes, “You rotten shilling-punter nuffermonk!” Azalea snarled, lunging towards the General with lightening speed, and before anyone could react, her fist went flying and hit Nathanial squarely in the jaw, causing him to stumble back in suprise before she lunged again, aiming to tackle the man before she felt arms holding her back.

(Could be anyone’s arms, or an NPC you’re guys choice.)

Xanto Xanto FrostFire FrostFire SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi ShadowBroker ShadowBroker explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Blackrose7 Blackrose7 TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays

Last edited:
Morag 'Aria' MacLaird
WgkXaDwnkpk.jpg
3a6cec4282f8cb22bcffd9a7f1e9be7e--french-lace-french-braid.jpg
Aria just pursed her lips at Daisy's comment for Annabel to go last. It just sounded like she had something to hide, so undoubtedly their screening would be all the more thorough for mentioning that... She wondered if they knew how this worked, making requests like that just landed people in deeper waters than they were already in.
Speaking of deep waters, she narrowed her eyes as she scanned the Knight having a coughing fit... Did he have something to hide too? Her eyes narrowed even more as they landed on his chin. Any man would have had at least a 5 o'clock shadow by now, and this one was either a late bloomer, or had some explaining to do to their charge. She suppressed a sly smile as she studied him (or her, it would seem), the signs were certainly there; no stubble, softer facial features, and a voice that was deep but still in the range for what a woman's voice could be.
Of course, Aria wouldn't say anything. She wasn't one to out secrets like that, but she was surprised no one else had noticed. She imagined it was because in other Kingdoms, a soldier was a man, and that was that. But here in Trodaire, it wasn't so cut and dry, the army had been made up of plenty of women - it was one of the reasons why it was so large...

She turned her attention away from the Knight and onto an approaching figure, and couldn't help the distasteful sneer that developed on her face, as if she had bitten into an apple to find it rotten. She disliked Nathanial, a feeling that bordered on hate. One of her largest peeves was sexism, and this snake had enough of that to go around the whole camp. It hurt her pride that he held such a high up position.
Despite itching to retort back, she held her tongue. Knowing that he was goading them, goading her, for a reaction. He wanted that reaction, and she wouldn't allow him the pleasure of giving it to him.
She sucked in a slow breath as Azalea did, she had obviously taken great offence. And rightly so, Aria had too but she was just doing a much better job of hiding it.
As Azalea approached the General, Aria quietly and silently dismounted Loki, her footfalls no louder than a faint tap as she stopped a few meters away from her cousin in time to see Nathanial wave his hand dismissively.
As he continued to bait her, Aria could feel it coming. She knew the warning signs well enough, and when she saw the flash of rage in Azalea's eyes she knew it was too late for Nathanial.
Before she could react, her cousin had already socked the General square in the jaw, and Aria darted forward, one arm circling Azalea's waist the other going under her armpit and softly but firmly grabbing her shoulder before she could lunge again.
"He isn't worth it! That slug isn't worth your time.", she hissed in her cousins ear. "Leave it, Lea.", she said again, softly and less urgent now as she glared at the General over her cousin's shoulder.
"Don't goad us. You know I could easily beat you in a fight, and Azalea could do the same. General.", she hissed his title, her face icy cold as she sneered, her arms around Azalea relaxed ever so slightly, testing as to whether Aria could let her go or whether she'd attack Nathanial again.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Blackrose7 Blackrose7 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Xanto Xanto

Annabel Hollenbeck
il_570xN.1462460545_o8vc.jpg
As Daisy was waiting for Baxter's response about Annabel being the last one to get the screening, everybody in Demonic Velvet glared at Nathanial when he said that Annabel and Daisy shouldn't be allowed to fight. "Excuse me! But that was extremely rude of you to say that." said Annabel. "We Ezerisians have been fighting for our whole life because the criminals, so you have no point of saying that to us."
Annabel was glaring at Nathanial while crossing her arms, for Nathanial doesn't understand that she is the leader of Demonic Velvet. "You also don't know that I have been properly trained by my dad, who is a castle guard. I even created a gang called Demonic Velvet in order for the innocent to protect themselves from the criminals." said Annabel. "Also, for a general, that is very unwise of you. We are dealing with an invasion, and all you can think of is that girls can't fight in a war. Give me a break, because those Shades will not give mercy if you are a girl. We either fight or die trying in a situation like this, so I suggest you zip it with that horrible comment of yours."
Everybody in Demonic Velvet besides Daisy was clapping at what Annabel said to the sexist General, because she got her point crossed real good. "You show him, Boss. Nobody disrespects my boss and Daisy's abilities to fight and gets away with it." said Sam.
"They even saved your life, Sam, so that guy has no reason to say that." said Thomas.
"Oh yeah. That too, and the General would be very surprised in underestimating them, because he would have no idea that there would be a possibility that he would be saved by them." said Sam.
'I am going to laugh if Annabel saved General Asshole from the Shades, because she would prove her point by doing that.' thought Jerry.
Main interaction: Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow
In vicinity: Xanto Xanto FrostFire FrostFire SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi ShadowBroker ShadowBroker explosiveKitten explosiveKitten TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays

Last edited:
Cale only heard one bit. And it was the identity of the shoe throwing redhead. Immediately Cales face went red as a radish and he was quick to make his own retreat. Only to then hear said princess going at the obvious leader here. Yet he had no concerns for that. At the moment he could only heed his mothers advice and keep the person he feels he was at least closest to near. "Angelo is something wrong? I've never seen you like this. I can expect me to make an emergency retreat, but I've never even seen you... Well sound the way you did. What on earth happened to cause that?" Cale made sure to keep his voice low so not many can hear them. In truth he always believed Angelo to be unflinchable some pillar of bravery that could not be shaken. So he had many questions. And for all he knew maybe Angelo wasn't a fan of Crowds. To which Cale could relate. And he'd rather do that then deal with a man who may cause them all to be doomed.

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Angie finally got the rasp out of her throat from all the coughing and by the time she looked up, a new figure had approached and immediately started pissing off the princesses. Ya know, the best possible thing to do. Idiot.

To be honest, he was starting to piss her off as well. Such blatant sexism did that to her. Even though her face remained neutral, her body showed signs of her agitation- clenched fists, bunched muscles and a hard jaw.

“... of course, I’m fine. Just choked on some of my spit is all.” She said, turning and looking at Cale, trying to ease his worries somewhat. “Why don’t I get you away from this... particular situation, yes?” You are still top priority here, after all. Don’t want you getting killed by a pissed off princess. “Yeah, I think that is for the best, let’s go.” And with that, she set her horse in motion, heading off to a more secluded part of the fenced in camp, dragging the scared Cale along with her.

“... Cale,” she started, looking ahead a he guided Trillium off into the trees and getting out of everyone’s earshot, “I’ve been meaning to ask you something a tad... personal. Do you mind?”

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

"If it means you are comfortable my protector... Ok make a note I never say that again. I sound like some princess in some fairy tale I read." Cale quickly raised an eyebrow at Angelos question.
"Angelo that depends on the question. Because there are some even I can't say yes or know to. Because as you have learned from me trying, and I want to emphasize trying to talk with the girls. I'm awkward, not even used to social interaction. Hell you know this better then they do. You had to put up with me. And because of all that happened on the way and all the times you saved my ass, fire away and I'll answer it to the best of my ability."
Cale was a little puzzled at Angelo wanting to ask him a question. For what reason could he have to ask Cale a question. And the biggest question was if it was regarding his own sexuality. Because he was going to walk away if that was the question. Cale still had no idea why everyone in the barracks thought he was into dudes. But then he had to steel his pride and tell Angelo those stories and why that question hit a bad note in Cale.

“Oh jeez you didn’t- it’s not really-“ She was cut off yet again, and sighed pretty deeply, still accepting her fate of constantly being interrupted by the nervous, rambling prince-to-be.
“... It really isn’t a yes or no question... it’s just...” She leaned forward and held her face in her hands as she thought over her next step. “... you know what, forget it. I shouldn’t have said anything.” She mumbled, once she found a spot far enough away from the main settlement, where she hopped off Trillium’s back and started to pull the stuff for the tent from the saddle bags. “Here, hold the horse.” She said, handing the reins to Cale as she started to get the tent set up.

She was halfway through putting up the tent, she felt a sharp twinge in her ribs. Ach! She had forgotten about that old wound from the border crossing. Those shades had just appeared out of nowhere and she’d had to take a couple hits for Cale. Those stupid things... attacking in the middle of the night when she didn’t have her armor on.
She took in a sharp, hissing breath through the teeth and stiffened, trying not to show any sign of her pain and pushed through to get the tent ready.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

"Dammit Cale! Here he was potentially ready to admit something. Just stop with the rambling. People think your insane!"
Cale scratched his head awkwardly. He realized he killed the conversation but then maybe he could do something in return. "Uh can I ask you a question then? A serious one if you don't mind."

Raymond Callahan

14f2ba674b60b381294012446704.gif

Raymond rubbed the back of his neck as he watched his brother question Lieutenant Aria in disbelief. In fact, Baxter didn't seem like the only one in shock. Aria eventually let her eyes linger on Ray's face again to the point of almost falling into the same big-eyed stare from earlier that day. It almost seemed like she had to force herself to look back at Baxter. The younger Callahan raised a brow still curious about why she was giving him an unexplainable look though. In truth, her expression might have been obvious to most; however, Raymond just thought that something might have been on his face. He raised his right hand gently feeling the slight stubble on his cheeks. . . Maybe I just have to shave? The man innocently thought to himself before snapping back to the reality in front of him.

Aria was formally introducing her cousin, Princess Azalea, to Baxter. Hm, the self-smacking redhead. Raymond thought to himself before smoothly jumping off of his stallion. The moment he looked back at their little interaction, he met Aria's stare. This time, he smiled a bit and gave a slight wave.

Annabel. Raymond shortly picked up overhearing one of the Demonic Velvet members refer to their hooded leader. It was about time he started putting a name to each person's face . . or hood. Within a few seconds, Raymond handed his horse to a helper just before the babyfaced guy started coughing out of control. Somehow they seemed nervous about the screening, which Raymond had no worries about.

It didn't take long for someone to ruin the almost perfect welcome. Ray furrowed his brows watching a General waltz up to them and spew out discriminating lines. Not even after a few seconds did Azalea interrupt him with her beaming feisty energy. Although Raymond strongly disagreed with everything the disrespectful General was saying, he decided to hold back after glancing at Baxter. He knew his older brother would put the guy in his place especially since Bax was the new rebellion leader. Then, that was when it hit him. Wait, Baxter's the leader? Yes, it took a while for Raymond to realize that since everything was happening so fast. Not to mention that Baxter technically wasn't even talking to Ray when he answered Aria's leadership question.

Raymond pried himself from his thoughts figuring that he would have a reunion with his brother later. Besides, some drama going on in front of him that was more urgent. The man reconnected with the happening just as the General suggested for the women to keep the men company at night. This phrase just confused Raymond even more. His innocent soul had no idea what the General was referring to, but continued to remain against the other's argument.

Whatever it meant was obviously horrible since it just set Azalea off. Soon a flurry of words rolled out the bold redhead's mouth just before she slugged the ol' chub on the face. Raymond held back a laugh at her eccentric name calling skills, but immediately fell silent once she placed the hit. Oddly enough, he kind of admired Azalea after that move. It probably wasn't the best way to settle things, but it proved that she had a fiery spirit.

After that, Aria strongly held her cousin back. Although she physically stopped the fight, her words had the possibility of fueling the General's fire. That wasn't all. Annabel and her chorus chimed in with their outward argument against the General. Raymond believed in their purpose to try shutting up the General's discrimination while it was still early in their rebellion, but he knew that they were arguing with a fool who wasn't really worth their time. At the end of the day, Ray knew his brother called the shots and would let any person with a skilled and spirited qualification engage in battle along his side.

At least they got away. Raymond thought watching the babyface and only other brown-haired newcomer leave the group's sight.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow FrostFire FrostFire explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Baxter Callahan

giphy.gif

Baxter merely nodded at Aria when she questioned him and Raymond's brotherhood. It didn't take long for her to introduce him to the northern princess. "Princess Azalea of Calore, a pleasure to meet you," Baxter said bowing halfway as a gentleman would. Before he could introduce himself, Aria's voice caught his attention. She persevered in her disbelief for a while, and even started shooting looks toward his younger brother. Baxter's eyes shifted over to Ray's confused face prompting him to sigh at his brother's obliviousness. At this point, it didn't surprise Baxter that it was natural for Raymond to not understand those looks. What caught the older Callahan off guard though was Aria's mumbling about a Luther. Bax directed his attention back to Aria, but was soon interrupted.

One of the newcomer's walked up to him stating her title as co-leader of a known eastern gang prior to requesting a certain appointment for the Annabel in a hood. Baxter's cold eyes moved over to the hooded woman before looking back at her companion. The straight seriousness of his face hid the irritation he felt toward the small disruption. "Explain the difference," Baxter commented in regards to the order in which Annabel would be screened. Whether they liked it or not, screening was essential particularly in a community like their's. The leader slightly tilted his head toward the Demonic Velvet co-leader, "Learn that the name of an eastern gang does not go beyond its borders." In the north, Bax was sure that hardly any local ordinary citizen would have even heard of the group's deeds. He slowly tilted his head back as he continued, "As any type of leader, you should know to always place the greater cause and your people above you as well as your friend's feelings of discomfort." At a time where defeating Shades to save humanity mattered most, the man refused to cater to anyone's futile discomfort. "She can wear the hood before and after the screening," He bluntly stated ending the discussion right there. No further effort needed to be exerted into something so minuscule to the greater plan.

It only took a few seconds for another newcomer to cause a small scene. This time an armored young face broke out into a coughing fit. Because of this, Baxter simply made eye contact with a guard standing by the cougher and nodded. He would have to make sure to screen that person more scrupulously for any sickness.

That was when a familiar voice piped up beside him. Baxter merely shut his eyes for three seconds at Nathanial's arrival. In fact, the leader stayed silent watching the scene unfold before him as Azalea got off her horse and strutted toward the ignorant Whitefield. It was old news for Baxter or Aria to know of Nathanial's obvious preference for male warriors and workers in general. Unfortunately, some people just couldn't be fully changed.

Baxter continued observing Azalea's fighting spirit and courage in the short scene before glancing at Aria who obviously held back the same feelings. The Princess of Calore's unique choice of a nickname for Whitefield caught the leader's attention though causing him to fully snap out of a casual daze just in time to see her land a strong one on Nathanial. As if by instinct, Aria grappled her cousin's arms and tried calming her down. An action, Bax was inwardly thankful for.

Soon enough, another newcomer dared to speak. In fact, the hooded Annabel didn't just chime in. No, she summarized most of her life's story and promoted the gang's brand. It was a feat Baxter had recently told her Demonic Velvet companion would not make even a slight difference outside of the eastern kingdom.

Throughout the occurrence, Baxter kept a straight face. It was as if he was simply waiting for the child's play to be over and for the adults to come back out to finally listen. After a few more seconds of calm silence, Baxter finally commented, "Encouraging more women to fight will decrease their likelihood of dying in the hands of Shades." Only a genius could recognize the very subtle hint toward Whitefield's wife and daughters' deaths. If they had known how to fight, maybe at least one more family member would have survived with Whitefield's sour character.

"A General focuses on a warrior's skill and spirit. Nothing more or less," Baxter shot an indifferent glance at Whitefield. To him, it was valid that a woman could wield a sword just as good or even better than a man could. "If these survivors have exceptional skill . . and Princess Azalea's fighting spirit," Baxter added momentarily looking at the angered princess prior to gazing holes back at Whitefield. "Then, we will not pass up valuable opportunities to save humanity because of anyone's personal fear of being proven weaker than a woman in battle," He declared intensely just furrowing his brows a little. The dark selfishness seeping through people's veins in this time of darkness was almost out of hand. It was something that Baxter had been expecting though. "Let us not forget, that these ladies are daughters. We will not entertain any type of disrespectful distraction within our community," The leader turned his attention away being done with Nathanial for the day particularly after responding to his comment about women keeping men late night company. To be fair, he wouldn't let Azalea slide off so easily either.

"Princess," Baxter emphasized her true position as he looked right at Azalea, "Many people will test your spirit. I suggest you pick competition actually worthy of your time." Even if nagging at his siblings and son was almost second nature, Bax kept himself from doing so during more public events. Although Azalea's actions proved her fighting spirit and probably tried to cover her suffering, Bax couldn't help but notice the improper behavior she was displaying as a leader to her people, "Every royal was born to lead. Show your people that you are more than worthy of your title."

With that, the man turned his attention back to the only person who seemed to understand him. "Princess Aria, please get them settled. I will be around if anyone needs me," Baxter casually stated as he turned to walk toward his own tent.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow FrostFire FrostFire explosiveKitten explosiveKitten SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi ShadowBroker ShadowBroker TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays

depositphotos_137229486-stock-photo-beautiful-girl-with-red-hair.jpg

Azalea Eve Windfore

She would’ve ripped the eyes from the sexists Generals goddamned head if she hadn’t been pulled back by her bloody cousin. She thrashed wildly in her cousins grip, just itching to get her hands on his throat. On top of that her scars itched like hell. Meanwhile, Annabel made quite the speech behind her, and she may have even heard it if she wasn’t blinded by her own anger. The General turned his face back to the both of him, and something in his eyes made her slow in her thrashing, a defining sharpness in them before it quickly faded. Azalea let out a heavy angry breath as her cousin urgently whispered in her ear to calm down and with great restrain and effort she did, and stopped struggling, glaring at the General, whom now stood with his arms folded across his chest and looking remotely unimpressed at Annabel’s speech and both Aria and Azalea.

He stroked his barely grown beard, contemplatingly. Azalea’s eyes traveled to his already red, swelling cheek and she felt a hint of satisfaction, straightening herself up as she swelled with pride. She wished she’d done more.

“I have fought far more battles than you, Lieutenant, do not presume you can talk back to me because you’re hot-tempered cousin of yours has.” He said calmly, in his arrogant, frustrating nonchalance tone. “Because it does not go unpunished.” His voice was firm and hard as his gaze landed on Annabel, and then Azalea. It reminded her of her father in a sense.

Baxter spoke up, reprimanding the General of his actions. The General glared at the young man. She wondered just how easy it was for the General to take orders from a man half his age. The tension between the two hung thickly in the air. As Baxter mentioned the fighting of women would only decrease they’re likelihood of dying, The General didn’t display any sort of emotion. Not that it was unusual considering what kind of man he was, but it was if he didn’t feel anything at all. He sneered at Baxter’s implication of him being scared of being beaten by a woman but said nothing until Baxter was done with him.

“You send them to they’re deaths, Callahan.” He growled, but it was all he said as he watched Baxter turn his attention to Azalea.

She couldn’t help but be a bit greatful towards Baxter. She was glad to see not all men felt this way. Her father didn’t approve of her fighting. She’d nearly had to fall to her knees for archery lessons, and even then he wouldn’t allow her to show him her skills, or talk about archery in general. The small bit of swordplay she’d had to learn in secret. He was a traditionalist. Her expression remained serious until Baxter reprimanded her on her poor leadership skills. It felt like a cold bucket of ice had been dumped on her bare skin as shame and embarrassment hit her. Azalea opened her mouth, her face flushing before she closed her mouth. He was right of course. God she wished he wasn’t but he was right. But he was wrong about one thing.

She wasn’t worthy of her throne. Didn’t deserve it. Violet, her older sister was meant for it, born and raised to be a perfect Queen, and was the leader Calore should have had. She, on the other hand, had the terrible fate of screwing everything up. She’d never be worthy of the throne. Not for everything she’d done.​

The General stared at Azalea, flushing still, for a few moments, contemplatingly her rather ashamed expression before he finally spoke. His voice full of authority once again. “If you want to fight like a man you’ll live like one. You’ll sleep like a soldier, train like a soldier, eat like a soldier and fight like a soldier. You’ll find you get no special treatment here, princess.” He looked at Annabel, and then Aurelie. “That goes for all of you.” He said firmly, his voice raised so it carried across the group. If Callahan wanted the girls to fight then so be it. But he wouldn’t be giving them special treatment. These were hard times, time was valuable. And he didn’t want problems with his men.

He firm gaze landed on Aria. “I expect you to make sure they don’t do anything stupid.” He said firmly but his eyes were any icy storm before he turned to Baxter, “Their blood is on you’re hands.” He said in a low, almost but not quite solemn tone before he turned and walked off at a brisk pace, calling over his shoulder in a rather weary tone, “Welcome to the rebellion.” Just he disappeared amoung the mass of soldiers. Azalea watched him go, feeling slightly victorious and relieved, realizing her scars had finally stopped it’s itching.

~~

FrostFire FrostFire Xanto Xanto Blackrose7 Blackrose7 SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful ShadowBroker ShadowBroker TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays

Last edited:
Harringoth 'The Mercenary of The Crossing'

The story continues

tumblr_n1cyd0Muym1qhq4cpo1_500.png
Harringoth is with the group, speaking to the General - .

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow FrostFire FrostFire SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

A family reunion, a political debate of the morals of women, the disagreement and agreement of endless arguments; how profound of a little fancy tale for children this is. Now back to the real business, all that is only important.

"Well shit~" -Harringoth kept silence in the entirety of the journey, even at the very arrival. As the mountains grew taller and taller, so did his curiosity of this place and how important actually *was* the diary on his belt - how wealthy he would become once he found the so call leader, it seem almost like an already grasped dream coming true. That was until he learned of the man's dead. How unfortunate, the lack of organization, the lack of chain of commands - it will all end regardless, better make the best of it as he has the chance, "So- here is the thing."

The mercenary stepped forward, sliding through the hot-headed women whom seem only interested to make of everything a political conversation or drama, while Har only cared for one thing - Money. "You are the general then, aye? The Priest Goodwill of the South and his party of guards send their regards and this." -Har padded his diary on his belt with a witted smile, nodding, "I, as many others where hired to bring this little thing, I am expecting to be pay for it. Don't know if you follow, they wrote much about how 'useful' the contain of these pages are..."

To bargain the bounty of a work well done, such was the way of the mercenary, a blade for hired - the further the mission went the higher the price. The true was the diary had information of how to fend off the shades, how the tools Har actually was wearing served such a purpose. Yes, the North knew how to fight, their warmonger ways are not to be question - but their tactics of terror and screaming loudly like some very mad bear would only leave them out of breath, their shield-wall will shatter against the blade that can not be touch - their minds can be broken their morale could flee. Knowledge and Tools, those are invaluable.

The Wrath of The North

The story continues

Resting within the great castle of the North. .

It is the end of the North, it is the bright light of the fire flickering and spawning the flames of the hidden darkness, prowess of the wicked. The flame that cleanse the evil with evil, light with passion. Wrath, though none learn its name quickly enough to spread the tale. All those local did only spoke of it as pure strength, hatred like no other - inhumane.

It walked through the halls unchallenged as all those whom pretend to stand by the gates began to kill each-other, hearing the ever echoing call of anger, envy, despair... their blades fed from the blood of their countrymen as anger flew through them. The same with the Lords of the realm, the same with its precious ruler that had both of its hands squishing the neck of his beloved until it perished - and even then continued to struggle to fight against every servant, every guard... until a spear or an arrow aimed for his heart.

Wrath. That name will be sufficient to empower the heart of his foes, and any who survived will join its primitive passion - anyone with envy, anyone with anger and fear - Anyone, any of them. Wrath will long since pull his blade and will continue not to.

And so he spoke to the other shades, "I letted all human fought each other, I did not draw my blade for they were not worthy." -He spoke without much remorse or interest, the apathy and indifference - The silent anger, "A lucky spear was it from his own guard- or an arrow from mistreated servant. What does it matter? The North is mine - The so called Rebellion ignores they will fight their own, regardless of what they want. All will end soon."

“.... Normally I would say ‘hell no’ and end the discussion there,” She says, biting her lip while she was facing away from him, “but since, for whatever reason, I’ve grown to... enjoy your company just a tad I’ll humor you.”

She set the stakes into the ground to hold the tent up and stood up straight finally, ignoring the twinging of her still healing wounds before crossing her arms and turning to look at Cale, “I’ll listen to whatever question it is you have, and we’ll see if I may be amicable to answering it.“

That being said, she started to unpack all the things in Trillium’s saddle bags and began to shove them into the tent. Bed rolls, medical supplies, bits and bobs off all the things she had managed to collect over the years and years of mercenary work. She was busying herself at this point, and was honestly only giving half of her attention to Cale, and the other half to lightening the load on her horse’s back. “So.... ask away, your highness.”

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Morag 'Aria' MacLaird
0t3BMd7.jpg
3a6cec4282f8cb22bcffd9a7f1e9be7e--french-lace-french-braid.jpg
Aria sighed in relief when Azalea started to calm down and stop struggling. She let go of her, but stayed close just in case Azalea changed her mind.
Her mouth pressed into a thin line when the General reprimanded her for speaking out of turn. He was right, of course, as much as she hated it he was her superior and speaking as she had she had undermined his authority.
Not that he would get an apology out of her for it.
She was much more respectful of Baxter, he was after all a friend to her as much as he was her superior, and she listened gratefully as he intervened. He dealt with the situation as any great leader would, and she was both grateful towards him, and ashamed of her own behaviour. She knew that later she would be reprimanding herself, quite harshly, for speaking out of turn...
But for the moment she pitied Azalea, wincing slightly for her cousin as she saw the effect of Baxter's words. His words were true, but she had a feeling it would hit a sore spot, and judging by Azalea's stillness and red face she imagined it had.
Aria stiffened as the General spoke again, but sighed in relief as he agreed to let the others train and fight. Of course, Aria was plenty used to living and breathing like a common soldier, even when she was little her Father was of the firm belief that hardship was good for the soul, so she had never been pampered more than a General's daughter would be. She had never really felt like a Princess, one of the reasons why she disliked the title, but felt more like a leader in training. Which in a sense, was exactly what she had been.
She didn't care for 'special treatment', if anything she disliked being treated differently. But she knew some others would have problems with that, her mind cast to Aurelie especially - and Aria couldn't help but look forward to that.
When Nathanial's gaze landed on her again, she stiffened, but uttered a respectful "Yes Sir." as he continued on about their blood being on Baxter's hands. Which was ridiculous. They had chosen to fight, the only bloodied hands would be their own, if they died they died for a cause, an act that Aria held the upmost respect for. Death in battle was the most noble way to go, after all.
Aria uttered another "Yes Baxter", as he asked her to get everyone settled - much more politely than Nathanial and she certainly appreciated that.

She addressed the group, her voice rising. "Annabel, your group is welcome to set up your tent next to mine. Azalea and Aurelie, there is space in mine so we can share to conserve space...", she paused, her eyes landing on Ray, "I'm sure your brother wishes for you to stay with him, I'd imagine Clyde will be happy to see you.", her lip quirked into a weak smile, she did her best to continue to sound professional but her voice was strained.
Clearing her throat, she moved on, her voice directed at only Azalea and Aurelie now. "If you'd like to follow me, I'll show you to our tent.", she hopped over to Loki, taking his reigns as she led him through the camp and gestured for the two girls to do the same.
Aria's tent was modest, set up on the outskirts of the camp near the run down monastery - it was plain and simple, and large enough for 4 people to sleep in comfortably. Luckily for them she hadn't been sharing with anyone yet, and she gestured to the brown canvas quarters with a smile.
"It's hardly what either of you are used to, but it's comfortable. And certainly nicer than some of the other tents.", she made a face at the thought of a few of the dirtier, more disgusting quarters that existed in the camp.
"We'll get your bedrolls after dinner, in the meantime you're welcome to wash off. We can wash properly in the lake with the other women later.", she gestured at a bucket of water at the side of the entrance. They would bathe in the small lake when it was the allocated time for women - mixed bathing was strictly prohibited, not that anyone would have other things on their mind in the frigid, icy water, but it was more comfortable for everyone.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful Xanto Xanto Blackrose7 Blackrose7

"I hate to speak like this. And the worst part is some part of me knows the answer to what I'm asking. Can you really see me ruling a kingdom? And I'm not even counting all of the shit that has happened. On the base I'm nervous, I have no social skills outside of freaking out or accidentally pissing people off. Hell I've even thought of accompanying you in leaving this country... I'm not going to lie I just want to run away from all of this. I'm just an engineer that builds random equipment depending on demmand." Cale swiftly pulls out the symbol of the Lorelthian royal family almost not caring about it being a secret "Not some prince who will rule a nation. Of which I doubt I can even pull off, ever."

Angie completely stopped what she was doing, and turned to look at Cale, her eyes searching his face for any sign of jest, anything to make her think that he didn’t believe what he was saying.

She found none.

“... No. No, I don’t think you can lead a kingdom right now.” She said bluntly, turning and walking over to Cale and Trillium, swiftly picking up one of the horse’s hooves and quickly starting to muck them out with her small knife, “You’re a nervous, rambling, awkward young man who has never left his home town, much less the kingdom he grew up in. You haven’t experienced anything outside of your little workshop at home, and everybody needs experience be a good leader.” She stopped midway through mucking out Trillium’s second hoof and looked up at Cale.

“But that doesn’t mean you won’t be ready by the time this is all over.” She insisted, “You’d be surpraised how much a person can change once they leave home and have new experiences.” Lowly, she muttered, “Gods know I’m a perfect example of that...” more to herself then to Cale, though he might have been able to hear it.

“....look, what I’m saying is that you shouldn’t sell yourself short without giving yourself time to grow as a person. Alright?”

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Annabel knew that Baxter was doing the screening for a good reason, but she just had to tell Nathanial off, because of what he said. ‘I know that Demonic Velvet doesn’t go beyond the other kingdoms, but I will not have this fool disrespect any girl’s ability to fight here. Also, I wasn’t trying to get anyone’s respect by saying what Demonic Velvet does, since I don’t care about that. I was trying to say that the General’s behavior is unacceptable at a time like this.’ thought Annabel. She did noticed that what she said to the General did kind of sounded like a demand for respect when Annabel just wanted him to stop saying that.
Daisy just gave a nod of agreement to Baxter, since she understands why he is doing that. “Alright, and I will tell her…” said Daisy. She was interrupted when Nathanial came in and threw sexist comments about girls. ‘Oh hell no, and...seriously Annabel.’ thought Daisy. Daisy didn’t know why Annabel was promoting Demonic Velvet in Trodaire, as nobody in this kingdom have heard of them.
‘...I have to go talk to Annabel about that later, since she probably forgot that nobody in the north knows about Demonic Velvet.’ thought Daisy, who was a bit disappointed at what Annabel was trying to do here.
After General Asshole said they wouldn’t be getting any special treatment, and then welcoming them to the rebellion. Annabel was going to set up the tent for herself and her gang until Aria offered Annabel the choice to put their tent next to hers. “Ok, and I would rather have our tent next to yours anyway.” said Annabel.
They followed Aria to where her tent is at, and then started to set up their tent next to theirs. ‘...Wait. Do they only have a public bath here? If they only have that then it will screw me over.’ thought Annabel. She doesn’t like how the rebellion is forcing her to show her face, for she doesn’t want to be called a princess by everybody here.
FrostFire FrostFire Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Xanto Xanto

Cale took a moment to register what his partner had said. It was true, all of it. Now he was hopeless and he knew he had to formulate a plan to change that.
"And what can we do to change that? How do I become different. I mean there is the idea of talking to the princesses. But I would need a cover. Or maybe go up to them and say that I'm a prince. Believe me when I say the first option sounds better." Cale started fidgeting with his goggles. He needed them ready for any fixing he had to do. And he expectantly looked to Angelo. He needed his help in this scheme. And by the five he needed to do this while he still could. "Oh and if possible I'm wondering if you could train me in sword play?"

“There’s no way to plan that out, your highness,” She drones, “I can’t tell you how to make yourself change. It just happens as you go through life. There is no telling how your experiences in this... ‘Shade War’ will change you.”

She looked up at him, “My suggestion would be to just live a little and let yourself get life experience, but if you’re really determined you can probably talk to any of the leaders around here. That Baxter man, Aria, even the gang leader if you want. But definitely don't tell anyone about your princely condition. Not until we’re sure we can trust them.”

She gave a slight smirk when Cale mentioned being taught swordplay, “That, that I can definitely do. But not tonight, it’s been a long day. Just let me know whenever you’re ready for your first lesson. For now, why don’t you go wander around, get yourself acquinated with the place. We’re gonna be at least a couple days. Maybe you’ll find some like minded people while you’re out there.”

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Raymond Callahan

c8a5e97bd6ca0bb9838a9971f93f8ab9.gif

Raymond slightly tilted his head as he watched his older brother take action. Nothing has changed. The young man thought to himself as he smoothly removed his coat and laid it over his right shoulder. Ever since they were young, Baxter always had a knack for practical reasoning. It was a characteristic that was especially valuable at a time like this. The older Callahan had that magic where he could hide his underlying message of women being able to fight under the restatement of bare facts. For this, Raymond looked up to his brother no matter how many times Bax would nag him like his own son.

Just imagine how the man felt when he heard a stranger throw potential death blames on Baxter. Although Ray truly wanted to throw a spear at the ol' chub's face, he knew that what the older man had said wasn't true. Bax was not to blame for any of their deaths if they volunteered on the battlefield. In fact, his brother would probably be more at fault for not preparing the women for the worst case scenario in which everyone could possibly have to fight.

Soon after, Baxter moved on to use his wise mind to talk to Azalea. Raymond acknowledged that his brother was a fair man. Even if Bax and Azalea technically stood on the same side of the argument, the rebel leader did not let Azalea's actions go unnoticed. It was an efficient way of handling the situation, but Raymond probably would have solved it a bit differently. The younger Callahan rubbed the back of his neck as he watched Azalea's varying expressions. Although Baxter was probably right, he was still pretty brutal with the truth.

Raymond smiled a bit shortly after when the General began enforcing a fair treatment toward all soldiers. It was the first battle the group had ever won. Looks like we got a team. He mentally noted with his hazel eyes observing the General leave their sight. As if he was already used to the older guy, Raymond ignored Nathanial's farewell accusation against Baxter.

Within a few moments, Aria's eyes landed on him this time not staring. She simply told Ray that Baxter would probably want him to stay with the rest of the family. Mentioning Clyde brought a smile to the proud uncle's face as he nodded at Aria who was also smiling a bit. With that, Raymond excused himself and went after his brother before he got out of sight. It was a wise decision on Raymond's part since he didn't want to have to visit every tent later just to find his family.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow FrostFire FrostFire SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful Blackrose7 Blackrose7 TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays

Baxter Callahan and Raymond Callahan and Clyde Callahan

original.gif

Just before Baxter could take his first step, the General spoke up again. The victorious leader merely looked over his shoulder as the General hesitantly submitted to his order. Of course, fair treatment would be given to all. If Baxter slowed training down for any purpose, it would be because they were beginners instead of the fact that they carried royal titles. It was only natural to go slow for beginners. For example, he wouldn't go easy on Aria since he knew she was quite the fighter. However, the guy who crept away with his armored guard looked like he might be placed in the beginner's brawl group.

Baxter's cold eyes met Nathanial's equally icy gaze when he mentioned that their blood would be in his hands. Silence was the only response Baxter gave as the General finally left the group. He didn't need to argue with a fool. He would not force someone to fight! They would have to do that voluntarily. The only thing Baxter mandated was that everyone contributed in any way they could for the community.

After Nathanial's departure, Baxter felt that it was somewhat "safe" to leave the new group to their own business for now. From the looks of their faces it seemed that it would take more than a day for some of them to adjust to the new lifestyle. With that, Bax walked over to his tent wanting a break from all that had just happened.

First, an impractical strategy. Then, an unreasonable dispute. The new leader sighed still not fully being used to leading the rebellion. After all, there was a good reason why he invited his friend Isidro Wayland to lead the group in the first place. A few speedy steps sounding from the direction of his family's tent prompted Baxter to focus on that exact reason running to him.

"Father!" Clyde exclaimed jumping onto Baxter and wrapping his limbs around the man. It was the boy's personal mission to cling onto his father as long as he could for no real reason. Baxter smiled after the long day before grabbing his five-year-old son and lifting him onto his shoulder like a rag doll. "What's going on, pop?" Clyde questioned casually propping his head up with an arm against his dad's back. "Your words," Baxter replied finally entering his tent and setting his son down. "My apologies, father. Do you have news?" The son questioned more formally. His father smiled in return at the rather positive news he actually had.

After telling Clyde about the royals' and his uncle's arrival, the boy nearly jumped up from his seat. Despite the dark era, it was good to know that there was still some light to look forward to. "Oi, ya never told me you were the leader!" A familiar voice sounded from the tent's entrance as Raymond walked in with a smile. Both father and son turned their heads as the casual uncle entered the scene. There was a sudden shift in the atmosphere though once Ray's eyes landed on his nephew. Memories of his father and sister ran randomly flooded his mind. " . . You are not mad at me are you?" Raymond asked looking back at Baxter. Although it didn't seem like it, Ray had been beating himself over his father and sister's recent deaths.

Baxter gradually approached his brother and saw the authentic guilt in his eyes. It was painful to see the guy blame himself for something that was out of his control. Then, the most out of character thing happened when Bax unexpectedly wrapped his brother in a huge hug. A hug Raymond gladly returned until someone interrupted them.

"Ahem!" Clyde pretended clearing his throat as he eyed the two like his father would. Unsurprisingly, it only took that one sound to snap Baxter back to his straight faced self. The brothers ended their hug and gave their attention to the youngster. "I am Clyde, son of Baxter. House Callahan," The boy said formally extending his hand to his uncle. Ray smirked at the introduction as he glanced at Baxter. "He is going through a phase," Baxter seriously stated walking back out the entrance searching for someone to get a better than usual dinner ready. The leader was planning on having a tiny event since the surviving royals and his brother have finally arrived. Also, his people needed some morale boosting after the recent loss.

"Raymond, son of George. House Callahan," The hazel-eyed man replied crouching down to the boy's level and shaking his hand.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow FrostFire FrostFire SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful Blackrose7 Blackrose7 TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays

Last edited:
depositphotos_137229486-stock-photo-beautiful-girl-with-red-hair.jpg

Azalea Eve Windfore

Despite the new weight on her shoulders, Azalea kept her back straight and head held high, guilt weighing heavily on her as she fingered the silver necklace around her bruised neck. It’d been two years, since her aunt Ana died, but she’d been more the mother than her actual mom. She wondered just how disappointed she was that she broke her oath. She’d failed her.

Azalea zoned out as she thought of the night Ana passed from the illness. The promise she’d made Ana.

~~

When Azalea arrived at her aunts’s room two staircases later from the ballroom, breathless and beaming, it had the mark of her sisters all over it. Mend-up cards with scrawled pictures graced the dresser, and vases of dried roses and pussywillows made the room smell of flowers. A warm fire glowed in the grate, casting yellows over the flowered furniture.

Ana sat in the upright sofa, her auburn hair tussled as always. She wore her favorite blue dress, mended but clean, and rested a hand on her stomach. She smiled one of her room brightening smiles, though it was weak. That was Ana.

These days Ana was only getting worse. She and her sisters were rarely allowed to visits. But this Christmas Eve was an exception. The spoke for a brief while before Ana’s smile faded and her expression suddenly turned quite serious. Azalea furrowed her brows in concern.

“Azalea,” said Ana, reaching out to place her hand on Azalea’s shoulder. “Before you go. Kneel down.”

Azalea did, a little surprised. Her skirts poofed about her. Poof.

From the end-table drawer, Ana produced her necklace, a a simple silver chain necklace with an empty locket. Silver was the color of the Calore royal family. The embroidered letters A.R.W. glimmered in the soft light on the locket. Ana’s initials. Her aunt took Azalea’s hands and pressed them over it.

It’s your sisters,” said Ana. “You’ve done so well to watch out for them, these months I’ve been ill. You’ll always take care of them, won’t you?”

“Is something wrong?”

“Promise me.”

“Of…course,” said Azalea. “You know I will.”

The moment the words escaped her lips, a wave of cold prickles washed over her. They tingled down her back, through her veins to her fingertips and toes, flooding her with a cold rain shower of goose prickles. The unfamiliar sensation made Azalea draw a sharp breath.

“Ana—”

“I want you to keep the necklace,” said Ana. “It’s yours now. A lady always needs a pretty piece of her own jewelry.”

Azalea kept Ana’s cold hands between her own, trying to warm them. Her aunt laughed, a tired, worn laugh that bubbled nonetheless, and she leaned forward and kissed Azalea’s fingers.

Her lips, white from pressing against Azalea, slowly turned to red again.

“Good luck,” she said.
~~
A bloody good job she did of keeping that promise. She wished she’d stuck Violet with the responsibility. At least she soundly have to live with the guilt of it. And the one oath she needed to break she couldn’t. Fate was a tricky thing. Aria’s voice snapped Azalea out of her thoughts, and she found herself more than eager to follow, she grabbed the reins of Wind-Cleaver and followed suit of Aria silently.

At the moment, she didn’t care where she slept. And in all honesty, another safe place to sleep was heaven. “I could sleep in a dirt hole. Your tent looks like heaven.” Azalea muttered, a bit of her usual pluckiness replaced with weariness. She released Wind-Cleavers reins as she quickly used the freezing water to quickly wash her face and hands before she stepped aside to let everyone else use it as she undid her braid, her dark-red waves falling down messily to her waist, which was the length it’s grown out to by now.

She was almost tempted to skip dinner entirely and just crawl into her bedroll. The day was, at most, exhausting. She couldn’t help but want to pat her cousin on the back for putting up with it so well.

TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays FrostFire FrostFire SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful

Last edited:
"It's as Mattias Auscent said. The only person that can change you is yourself. Also do me a favor and don't sell yourself short Angelo. And please just Cale, no highness or anything like that. Not until I'm worthy of being called that." He gave a bow to Angelo, a way of him telling his guard he was his supperior now.

Cale took his leave and began to search for someone. For now he needed the assistance of a fellow man. Someone more confident. He had to go to that one group. There were two confident looking men. And their leader had looked to be a fearsome leader. There was a lot he could learn from those three alone. And he had to remember that Angelo was his trainer in blades.

It was a quick search before he found the group. But when he made the attempt to approach themself he felt the need to turn the other direction. Yet he remembered what his ancestor said. He had to do this, these people could help him figure out who he could be. And for the moment he remembered how he embarassed himself at the inn. 'Uh h-hello there. I-I just saw that you all were hanging around. A-and I believe I may have made a f-fool of myself at the inn and figured I introduce m-myself on the right foot."

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Blackrose7 Blackrose7

Annabel Hollenbeck
il_570xN.1462460545_o8vc.jpg
They eventually finish setting up their tent, and Daisy was going to tell Annabel to not promote Demonic Velvet in Trodaire until Cale show up. "Oh hello, and you didn't embarrass yourself that much at the inn." said Annabel.
Nobody at Demonic Velvet even remembered Cale until he mentioned that he was the guy who asked where the innkeeper was at. "Oh, I remember you now. You were that guy who didn't know where the innkeeper was at." said Daisy.
Sam gave Cale a blank look when he heard that, since how on earth did Cale not know where the innkeeper was at. "How did you not see the innkeeper? You can always see them once you enter the inn, you know." said Sam. "Also, if I were to say who was the real fool at the inn. I would say it would be the yellow rabbit, because you shouldn't be riding around in a carriage or wear a yellow dress in public. Especially when it is an invasion, as you are just begging to be a target by the criminals or the Shades."
Thomas was sighing when Sam mentioned about the yellow rabbit again. "Can you shut up about them, Sam? You know they are a royal now, and yet here you are disrespecting the rabbit behind her back." said Thomas. "What? I am right about her." said Sam. "We know, Sam, and stop repeating yourself. Geez." said Everybody in Demonic Velvet besides Sam. "...Ok." said Sam.
Annabel really wanted Sam to stop talking about that yellow rabbit, because he was clearly poking some fun at her for being a spoil rich girl. "...Sorry about that. Sam has a problem with nobles, and it got even worse once he found out that the rabbit girl is a princess." said Annabel. "He is usually a very nice guy unless you give him an opening for him to start his shit talking about someone he doesn't like."
Daisy just smack Sam in the back of the head for saying that, for he really needs to stop doing that when there is an opening for him to talk shit about the rabbit princess. "Ow, and what was that for, Daisy?" said Sam. "That was for your shit talking about the rabbit princess, Sam. You really need to stop doing that, or you will get us in trouble. You understand me, Sam, and no. You will not forget about what I said last time, since I am not going to let you piss off a royal." said Daisy. Sam just shut up about that, so he wouldn't cause anymore problems. "I am glad that Sam shut up about that, because if we were in Erezis. He would talk shit about her in the public none stop, and everybody would agree with him on that." said Thomas.
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Last edited:
“... heh. Would you look at that. Without even trying, he’s already changed a little, just with a couple words.” She remarked to herself, a slight smile playing on her lips, before it turned to a grimace as her ribs smarted again.

“... I should probably take care of that.” She mutters, before ducking into the tent she had just finished setting up. Quickly she rolled out bedroll and started taking her armor off, setting it up in a careful pile in the corner, out of the way. From there, she stripped her off white puffy shirt and revealed the bandages wrapped around her body.

It looked worse than it actually was- underneath those bandages, angry wounds scored over her stomach and ribs, mostly healed but definitely leaving a scar. One among many, it seems. With a tender touch she ran her hand over the sore flesh, breathing in sharply at even the light touch. Even then, she continues to assess the progress of the healing. Going exactly to schedule. Should be fully healed in the next few days, if that.

That done, Angie rewraps her body and flops back on the bedroll with a stretch, sighing as she took a moment to just relax. It wasn’t often that she let herself unwind like this, but she wasn’t expecting anyone to be showing up, so why not relax a little? She grabbed her shirt and hugged it to her chest, like it was some kind of security blanket. Which it practically was.

Aurelie Beauchamp, Princess of Aubigine
Dorothy Pratt.gif
Throughout the journey to the rebellion camp and upon they're arrival there, Aurelie did what she did best. She kept her self small and she stayed quiet. She stayed close to Aria, as that was the person she felt the closest to trusting at the moment. She was still the scared little rabbit.

When Aurelie heard Aria say that they would be sharing a tent, she didn't argue. She was in no place to argue. Aurelie meekly followed Aria to the tent, her eyes locked firmly on the ground.When she got to the tent, Aurelie looked around the tent and she could tell that she would be uncomfortable in a place like this. However, she really couldn't complain. She had no idea how her room at her palace looked. It was probably destroyed. This would be her life now and she would have to get used to it. It would certainly take quite some time for her to do so, having lived such a sheltered life. She didn't know if she had it in her. The attack on her castle had killed so many, including her parents. She realized that she was a lot better off than most people were at the moment.

At Aria's comment about having to was properly in the lake, Aurelie's cheeks heated up and her eyes widened. That was certainly something that she wasn't used to. She might be able to get used to the tent, but she didn't think that she'd be able to bathe in the lake. However, she stayed silent. Again, she was in no position to complain. And she wouldn't dare try to challenge it. She had never had it in her to challenge anything. She always went along with others plans for her, and that certainly would not be something that would easily be changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back